User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fgshoot:
They just fall off for you?

I've had the same card on my 590 for about 2 years and I'm really glad when it warms up to 22f in the winter. It's simply not a problem I have ever seen.
View Quote

Yup, it was never a problem in RI. When I moved to NH it popped up pretty quick.

I use industrial 3m tape. I've replaced it thinking it was worn.

I just think most people don't shoot enough in the cold to see it become an issue.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Mine is the same way. You can pull them off, but the idea they would just fall off under recoil is nuts. I can pick up the entire gun on the loop of the shell card. I'm pretty sure I used the velcro they sent with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JTMcC:
I'm wondering what velcro people are having a problem with in cold temps??

I use 3M, maybe wallyworld hook is an issue.

I've only used Esstacs but they grab pretty (almost too) solid on 3M hook, enough that I was leery of peeling it off the reciever of the gun but nope.
My usage temps run from North Dakota to at home where 4 degrees is considered "very cold".

Mine is the same way. You can pull them off, but the idea they would just fall off under recoil is nuts. I can pick up the entire gun on the loop of the shell card. I'm pretty sure I used the velcro they sent with.

Depending on your use you are not just leaving the shell card in place. I use the BFG and Esstac Kywi M4 pouches to carry spare shell cards filled with shells. As I use the rounds of the side of the gun I strip it and drop it as I add a new shell card to the side of the gun. This gives me continuity keeping the gun fed as I fire without the gun going dry. In wet weather there have been instances where my cards have fallen off the gun. It’s not the end of the world and you just keep on trucking but it does slow down the reload as now you have to go back to the mag pouch for another shell card. While I haven’t experienced the cold causing this, as I don’t really live where it is cold there are multiple reports of this happening around the web and I’ve talked to other shooters at classes who are from up north. If you are applying and using a single card, sure you can get it to stick on there really well and it likely won’t come off but if you’re using the shell cards like they were designed to be used, there is an issue with some environments.

Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I use esstacs too and never seen this problem, and I use mine a Temps colder than he was, I'm guessing since he didnt mention a brand he possibly went cheap and it burned him.

BTW dog hunting I have mine stacked with 3" buckshot
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 3:47:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MK318:

It has been repeated by multiple members on a few forums that the cold affects the Velcro for them. I live in the south so I don’t have any first hand knowledge. I do know water can cause issues. Maybe it is the mixture of cold and wet weather.
View Quote

Gets plenty cold in the PacNW winters and I haven’t had any issues with mine. It may not be the coldest area but I haven’t had any issues.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top