BCM
User Panel

Sig MCX Virtus (Page 66 of 69)
Page / 69
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xxlitupxx56:

Nice, maybe try other mags as well. My 6.75" wouldn't run well with Lancer 300blk or 556 mags, but with PMAGS, OKAY Surefeed E1/E2, and USGIs I had much less problems suppressed and unsuppressed.
View Quote

300blk PMAGs or 556 PMAGs?
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:
Thinking about selling that LVAW handguard from ALTRD. Anyone have an idea what they are selling for these days?
View Quote

Emailed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 4:44:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#3]
Originally Posted By 0331OC:
At the current setup, this is at 10.4 lbs. Just waiting on my TBAC Dominus K, which will be about 5oz lighter than the Saker 556K, a significant improvement to weight distribution.

Attachment Attached File
View Quote

@0331OC

I have been reading through this entire thread and half way through found your MCX, and it deserves a repost! It is very fucking sexy!

ETA... @goloud
Man brother you really have an amazing collection of SIG's. Can you repost a pic of your anodized Rattler!
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 7:44:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#4]
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:
Huge shoutout to @Subpar for sending me his F03 to play with. Will post an update once it arrives.
View Quote

Intro: I've been crazy busy with work (12 hour days and weekends) but I wanted to post an update on the LVAW saga. Apologies for the lack of photos/video but the weather was in the high 30's with 10-15 mph winds. I couldn't feel my fingers and everything kept blowing away.

Rifle: Factory MCX Virtus TACOPS (6.75" barrel w/F01 gas valve*). I purchased this rifle brand new and have put an estimated <100 rounds through it. I've added an ALTRD LVAW rail, CGS Hyperion suppressor, and swapped the brace for the MCX telescoping/folding stock. Everything else is factory stock exactly as I received it from SIG. Previous suppressors used include the Surefire SOCOM762-RC and SOCOM300-SPS. Both were mounted via Surefire SOCOM 3-Prong Flash Hider while I waited for my Hyperion to clear.

Magazines: Lancer L5AWM 300BLK Translucent Smoke (30rd), Magpul PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 (30rd), Magpul PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 (20rd)

Ammunition: Ammo Inc. 220gr stelTH Subsonic TMC (300B220TMC-STL), Winchester 200gr Open Tip Range Subsonic (USA300BLKX)**, Winchester 200gr Super Suppressed Open Tip Range Subsonic (SUP300BLK)**, Barnes 110gr TAC-TX Supersonic (Black Tip)**, Wilson Combat 110gr TAC-TX Supersonic (Black Tip)**

Controls: I completely disassembled the rifle and removed the barrel to deep clean before starting the test. The BCG, received, chamber and bore were thoroughly cleaned and inspected prior to testing. To control for the magazine variable, I loaded a sample of 8 magazines (see above) with 3 rds/ea of Ammo Inc. 220gr stelTH. This was done to test the ability of the rifle to successfully eject and chamber additional rounds and also test for lock back after the last round was fired. Each magazine was inserted with the bolt locked to the rear.

Test: I started with a 20rd PMAG. The first round chambered and cycled successfully. (This was typical of previous tests with the F01 on the + setting. I speculate this phenomenon is caused by the ignition of oxygen inside the silencer providing more backpressure within the system.) The second round fired and ejected successfully but did not chamber a new round. I attempted to manually cycle the bolt to chamber the third round. However, the third round stuck in the chamber and the bolt was visually out-of-battery (by approx. 1/4"). (This has been a frequent phenomenon, which I previously attributed to a dirty chamber or bad ammo. However, recently testing leads me to believe the chamber is actually out of spec since all 300BLK ammo I've tried has experienced this issue to some degree or another, even with a completely clean chamber/throat.)

I attempted to remove the stuck round but it would not budge. I had to mortar the rifle 5-10 times to remove it. Once the round was successfully removed, I switched to a 30rd PMAG and experienced the same issue. Another 5-10 mortar strikes, removed the round, and attempted to chamber the round. Eventually, I was able to get another round to close in the chamber. The round fired and ejected but did not chamber another round. I experienced another failure to chamber and repeated the mortaring process. I was able to fire a fourth round, which ejected but did not chamber a new round. I switched to a 30rd Lancer but experienced another failure to chamber. After 5 minutes and another 10-15 mortar attempts to remove this round, I decided to end the test.

Notes: I've had the same chambering issue with all five loads listed above over the period that I've owned this rifle. I primarily shoot 5.56 and 6ARC and this LVAW clone has been a backburner project, not a duty or defense rifle. The most I've ever shot in one session is 10-15 rounds. Keep in mind that subsonic 300BLK reached over $2/rd following the pandemic and I don't have a large stash of 300BLK ammo. I also waited about 280 days for my Hyperion to clear so I could finish this build. As of today, this is the least reliable gun I own and it will be going back to SIG for warranty service as soon as I get the go-ahead from CS.

*For this particular test, the F03 gas valve from @Subpar was used on the + (subsonic/adverse) setting.

**This ammo was not fired during this particular test but is mentioned for reference. See notes above.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 7:55:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#5]
Before everyone asks, I have pulled the barrel and tried manually inserting different rounds into the chamber. Even with a completely clean chamber the fit is snug and the rounds have to be pushed forward to seat and will not drop free on their own. I think the size of the chamber coupled with fouling after firing a few rounds is what causes the gun to seize up. This is not something I've experienced with 5.56 or 6ARC and it was not my experience with my 300BLK BCM upper (although that chamber was chrome-lined). After trying the F03 gas valve, I'm starting to wonder if the chamber is the culprit here. I also believe someone posted about having a misaligned gas block. While this is certainly a possibility, I've never put any torque on the gas block and I exclusively use a barrel vise to change muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 9:47:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goloud] [#6]
Before everyone asks, I have pulled the barrel and tried manually inserting different rounds into the chamber. Even with a completely clean chamber the fit is snug and the rounds have to be pushed forward to seat and will not drop free on their own. I think the size of the chamber coupled with fouling after firing a few rounds is what causes the gun to seize up. This is not something I've experienced with 5.56 or 6ARC and it was not my experience with my 300BLK BCM upper (although that chamber was chrome-lined). After trying the F03 gas valve, I'm starting to wonder if the chamber is the culprit here. I also believe someone posted about having a misaligned gas block. While this is certainly a possibility, I've never put any torque on the gas block and I exclusively use a barrel vise to change muzzle devices.
View Quote

Props to @subpar for making the testing possible.

It sounds like your SPEAR LT VIRTUS should take a trip back to the mothership.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Intro: I've been crazy busy with work (12 hour days and weekends) but I wanted to post an update on the LVAW saga. Apologies for the lack of photos/video but the weather was in the high 30's with 10-15 mph winds. I couldn't feel my fingers and everything kept blowing away.

Rifle: Factory MCX Virtus TACOPS (6.75" barrel w/F01 gas valve*). I purchased this rifle brand new and have put an estimated <100 rounds through it. I've added an ALTRD LVAW rail, CGS Hyperion suppressor, and swapped the brace for the MCX telescoping/folding stock. Everything else is factory stock exactly as I received it from SIG. Previous suppressors used include the Surefire SOCOM762-RC and SOCOM300-SPS. Both were mounted via Surefire SOCOM 3-Prong Flash Hider while I waited for my Hyperion to clear.

Magazines: Lancer L5AWM 300BLK Translucent Smoke (30rd), Magpul PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 (30rd), Magpul PMAG 30 AR 300 B GEN M3 (20rd)

Ammunition: Ammo Inc. 220gr stelTH Subsonic TMC (300B220TMC-STL), Winchester 200gr Open Tip Range Subsonic (USA300BLKX)**, Winchester 200gr Super Suppressed Open Tip Range Subsonic (SUP300BLK)**, Barnes 110gr TAC-TX Supersonic (Black Tip)**, Wilson Combat 110gr TAC-TX Supersonic (Black Tip)**

Controls: I completely disassembled the rifle and removed the barrel to deep clean before starting the test. The BCG, received, chamber and bore were thoroughly cleaned and inspected prior to testing. To control for the magazine variable, I loaded a sample of 8 magazines (see above) with 3 rds/ea of Ammo Inc. 220gr stelTH. This was done to test the ability of the rifle to successfully eject and chamber additional rounds and also test for lock back after the last round was fired. Each magazine was inserted with the bolt locked to the rear.

Test: I started with a 20rd PMAG. The first round chambered and cycled successfully. (This was typical of previous tests with the F01 on the + setting. I speculate this phenomenon is caused by the ignition of oxygen inside the silencer providing more backpressure within the system.) The second round fired and ejected successfully but did not chamber a new round. I attempted to manually cycle the bolt to chamber the third round. However, the third round stuck in the chamber and the bolt was visually out-of-battery (by approx. 1/4"). (This has been a frequent phenomenon, which I previously attributed to a dirty chamber or bad ammo. However, recently testing leads me to believe the chamber is actually out of spec since all 300BLK ammo I've tried has experienced this issue to some degree or another, even with a completely clean chamber/throat.)

I attempted to remove the stuck round but it would not budge. I had to mortar the rifle 5-10 times to remove it. Once the round was successfully removed, I switched to a 30rd PMAG and experienced the same issue. Another 5-10 mortar strikes, removed the round, and attempted to chamber the round. Eventually, I was able to get another round to close in the chamber. The round fired and ejected but did not chamber another round. I experienced another failure to chamber and repeated the mortaring process. I was able to fire a fourth round, which ejected but did not chamber a new round. I switched to a 30rd Lancer but experienced another failure to chamber. After 5 minutes and another 10-15 mortar attempts to remove this round, I decided to end the test.

Notes: I've had the same chambering issue with all five loads listed above over the period that I've owned this rifle. I primarily shoot 5.56 and 6ARC and this LVAW clone has been a backburner project, not a duty or defense rifle. The most I've ever shot in one session is 10-15 rounds. Keep in mind that subsonic 300BLK reached over $2/rd following the pandemic and I don't have a large stash of 300BLK ammo. I also waited about 280 days for my Hyperion to clear so I could finish this build. As of today, this is the least reliable gun I own and it will be going back to SIG for warranty service as soon as I get the go-ahead from CS.

*For this particular test, the F03 gas valve from @Subpar was used on the + (subsonic/adverse) setting.

**This ammo was not fired during this particular test but is mentioned for reference. See notes above.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Huge shoutout to @Subpar for sending me his F03 to play with. Will post an update once it arrives.

It doesn't sound like a gas problem at this point, but it still could be...

Regardless, something is very, very wrong. Hopefully CS can streamline the diagnosis and any work needed.

Side note: I wouldn't be shocked that [worst case scenario that's happened multiple times] you send your MCX up to SIG for work and they find nothing wrong with it.

I wonder what the current (ballpark) numbers are for MCX/Virtus/SPEAR-LT customer service inquiries.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Damn.  Quite a journey you’ve had with this thing.  I hope SIG gives you feedback on what they found/did.  At least now you know it has to take the precarious journey back.  

FWIW, my one encounter with SIG customer service was great and they took care of me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 11:45:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#9]
I had some free time this morning so decided to crack open the box of Discreet Ballistics 190gr SMK Subsonic I've been saving. This ammo is optimized for 5-11" barrel lengths. I also loaded up some Winchester 200gr Super Suppressed and Ammo Inc 220gr I mentioned in my last post.

Discreet Ballistics 190gr:
Round 1 - Fired, ejected, reset hammer, short stroked next round. BCG (not the bolt) attempted to strip the round from the magazine, which cased the malfunction pictured below.
Round 2 - After clearing the malfunction, the second round fired, ejected, reset the hammer, but did not chamber the next round.
Round 3 - Fired, ejected, did not reset hammer, did not chamber next round
Round 4 - I switched the F03 gas valve to the "-" position. The round fired but the system didn't have enough energy to fully unlock the bolt. Didn't expect it to cycle on "-" when it doesn't cycle on "+". The remaining rounds were fired on the "+" setting.

Winchester 200gr:
Round 1 - Fired, ejected, reset hammer, did not chamber next round
Round 2 - Fired, ejected, reset hammer, did not chamber next round
Round 3 - Fired, ejected, reset hammer, did not chamber next round

Ammo Inc 220gr:
Round 1 - Fired, ejected, reset hammer, did not chamber next round
Round 2 - Fired, ejected, reset hammer, did not chamber next round
Round 3 - Fired, ejected, reset hammer, did not chamber next round

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#10]
^LOL….so nothing worked…..
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 8:03:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GLD1980:

@0331OC

I have been reading through this entire thread and half way through found your MCX, and it deserves a repost! It is very fucking sexy!

ETA... @goloud
Man brother you really have an amazing collection of SIG's. Can you repost a pic of your anodized Rattler!
View Quote

@GLD1980

I do love me some MCX.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:06:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#12]
View Quote

@goloud

That gun is beautiful and functionally perfect how you have it... Break down the specs Pete!

ETA... Oops wrong emoji. 10/10... Dang my vision sucks now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Man I was happy w/ mine til I saw goloud's...

Hey there's Sig SBR whitebox ammo on their site rn if anyone's interested, it goes fast
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll get better photos eventually.

I think I need to move the optic/mount to the rear a few notches.

This will take some time to get use to.

Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:11:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scrolledandtabbed] [#15]
I hate the stock trigger on my Virtus.

Does anybody know if these will work on the MCX/Virtus? It says MPX not MCX so I'm not sure. A search was inconclusive.
https://www.primaryarms.com/timney-triggers-sig-mpx-single-stage-drop-in-trigger-straight-bow
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:22:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By scrolledandtabbed:

Does anybody know if these will work on the MCX/Virtus? It says MPX not MCX so I'm not sure. A search was inconclusive.
https://www.primaryarms.com/timney-triggers-sig-mpx-single-stage-drop-in-trigger-straight-bow
View Quote

That will not work on the virtus. MPX only.

Link Posted: 3/5/2023 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I think I read somewhere that Geissele sells something that will allow you to use any AR trigger not sure on any specifics or if I read it wrong… so I may be completely mistaken
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I'm selling a sig virtus BCG on EE that contains a G marked firing pin safety, which allows for use with geissele triggers or any standard AR triggers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 9:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doolz] [#19]
Originally Posted By mbz451:

I'm selling a sig virtus BCG on EE that contains a G marked firing pin safety, which allows for use with geissele triggers or any standard AR triggers.
View Quote

Edit: See Zerlak's post
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 9:58:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zerlak] [#20]
Originally Posted By doolz:

Standard AR triggers won't work in the Virtus. There is a specific housing that the trigger group needs in order to fit inside of the lower [silver housing in image below].

The G firing pin latch that goes on the BCG enhances the Geissele MCX trigger.

If this info is incorrect someone can clarify and I'll edit as needed.

https://cdn.geissele.com/media/catalog/product/cache/56b7e045e7b53d2dc628e5d4d81258d7/m/c/mcx-ssa-m4-curve-trigger-bow-3-4-view-_2.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mbz451:

Standard AR triggers won't work in the Virtus. There is a specific housing that the trigger group needs in order to fit inside of the lower [silver housing in image below].

The G firing pin latch that goes on the BCG enhances the Geissele MCX trigger.

If this info is incorrect someone can clarify and I'll edit as needed.

https://cdn.geissele.com/media/catalog/product/cache/56b7e045e7b53d2dc628e5d4d81258d7/m/c/mcx-ssa-m4-curve-trigger-bow-3-4-view-_2.jpg

Wrong. It's the drop safety latch that prevents standard AR triggers.

The Spear-LT can use standard AR triggers as they modified the drop safety in the carrier.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 11:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#21]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

Wrong. It's the drop safety latch that prevents standard AR triggers.
View Quote

^This^ with the caveat that your standard AR hammer needs to have enough force to overcome both the firing pin safety and the firing pin spring. A weak hammer spring combined with harder military primers may result in light primer strikes.

As stated above, the “G” marked safety latch will allow you to run a standard AR trigger in the Virtus.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#22]

^This^ with the caveat that your standard AR hammer needs to have enough force to overcome both the firing pin safety and the firing pin spring. A weak hammer spring combined with harder military primers may result in light primer strikes.

As stated above, the “G” marked safety latch will allow you to run a standard AR trigger in the Virtus.
View Quote

Yup, I was able to run a geissele ssa in my mcx with the G marked safety, with no light primer strikes in the 200 rounds that I shot with it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:00:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: michealj] [#23]

View Quote

Triggertech is the solution. Wasn’t sure if I needed to replace my TACOPS trigger until I did, very glad I did and should have done it sooner.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 1:53:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By michealj:

Triggertech is the solution. Wasn’t sure if I needed to replace my TACOPS trigger until I did, very glad I did and should have done it sooner.
View Quote

Trigger Tech vs Geissele?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By michealj:

I picked up a PDI MCX trigger unused off of GAFS and am extremely pleased with it. Way better than the Match Lite Duo from Sig.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Nothing wrong with Geissele, I just think Triggertech is a better trigger. It is not mil-spec at all and very much a precision trigger, but neither is the Geissele.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 7:48:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 74novaman] [#27]
Swapped back over to 11.5” 5.56 for an upcoming class.

Figuring out my 300blk stuff is a problem for Summer Me.

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 74novaman:
Swapped back over to 11.5” 5.56 for an upcoming class.

Figuring out my 300blk stuff is a problem for Summer Me.

https://i.imgur.com/5gXLYKK.jpg
View Quote

Are you right or left hand shooter? I've been curious why some shooters with IR will mount their flashlight on the left side [assuming you're right handed].

Beautiful build though. I'm going for something similar minus the optic.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Are you right or left hand shooter? I've been curious why some shooters with IR will mount their flashlight on the left side [assuming you're right handed].

Beautiful build though. I'm going for something similar minus the optic.
View Quote

Left eye dominant.

Shoot pistols right handed, rifles and shotguns lefty.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 74novaman:

Left eye dominant.

Shoot pistols right handed, rifles and shotguns lefty.
View Quote

Got it. I've been noticing more and more lately that shooters are moving their lights to their support hand side of the rifle and just using the endcap for manipulation as opposed to pressure switches/buttons.

I guess it depends on the rail size as well.

I'm hoping Cloud releases the OWL again [as they've been saying they are going to "this week"] because that was my favorite light. Currently have the Rein 3.0's on all the builds.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Got it. I've been noticing more and more lately that shooters are moving their lights to their support hand side of the rifle and just using the endcap for manipulation as opposed to pressure switches/buttons.

I guess it depends on the rail size as well.

I'm hoping Cloud releases the OWL again [as they've been saying they are going to "this week"] because that was my favorite light. Currently have the Rein 3.0's on all the builds.
View Quote

FWIW I am right/right and have my MCX light on the left side so that it lays flat when folded.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 11:54:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#32]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

FWIW I am right/right and have my MCX light on the left side so that it lays flat when folded.
View Quote

Samesies. I also do this to help protect against suppressor burns and be able to manipulate the backup switch on the tailcap. Having it inboard also helps clearing doorways.

I honestly don’t see a reason to mount a light on the outboard side but to each their own. ETA: unless you absolutely need the rail space for your hand.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Samesies. I also do this to help protect against suppressor burns and be able to manipulate the backup switch on the tailcap. Having it inboard also helps clearing doorways.

I honestly don’t see a reason to mount a light on the outboard side but to each their own. ETA: unless you absolutely need the rail space for your hand.
View Quote

Talking about lights I was able to snag this before they sold out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

I'm going to re-arrange the setup I have. No laser but just white light. Still hoping on Cloud to bring back the OWL..... they keep saying there's going to be one more release "next week..."
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Well I ordered my first Sig rifle.  Got a brand new MCX Virtus in 7.62x39.  It's a black gun and not the typical grey-ish finish of the regular Virtus, and apparently they're a bit unique in that they were LE/MIL only guns.  I saw a few places with the guns listed as LE/MIL only so I called up the store selling it because they didn't list LE/MIL anywhere in the ad.  Apparently these were MIL/LE guns but the guy said they're now allowed to sell remaining inventory to civilians.  I assume that is since the Spear LT is out?

I paid $2,200 for the rifle, btw.

I'm not a fan of SBRs and even brass Norma 7.62x39 is cheaper than 300BLK so I decided to go with this instead of a 300BLK gun.  Also between my Bren 2 and AUG I am content with 5.56 guns, and just wanted something a bit different.

What are some reliable x39 AR mags I can buy for this?  The D&H mags are cool looking.  I've heard good things about C-Products x39 mags but figured I'd come here for good info.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:45:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#36]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
...Apparently these were MIL/LE guns but the guy said they're now allowed to sell remaining inventory to civilians.  I assume that is since the Spear LT is out?...
View Quote
Once they come off the Defense/LE list the sales restrictions are lifted. Those old W sku guns are a nice package w/ the flip-up sights and included goodies (sling, rail piece, qd socket).
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SilasB:
Once they come off the Defense/LE list the sales restrictions are lifted. Those old W sku guns are a nice package w/ the flip-up sights and included goodies (sling, rail piece, qd socket).
View Quote

W is for Winning!
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Thank you for the clarification!  I am excited to get it.

Is it true these also have CHF and chrome lined barrels?  I saw a few ads mentioning the LE guns had chrome lined barrels, but just wanted to check here and see if that was for sure.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#39]
yup
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#40]
The barrels were cold hammer forged. There should be some more W MCX guns popping up for sale in different configurations. Note that the Rattler did not come off the list.  Also if you want a good bargain, look for any 2022 WRM400 -PRO or - SBR, as the spec changed for 2023. The 2022 guns are fair play now and are by far the best configuration of the M400. Come with the same sights and goodies, in addition of a cleaning kit, as the MCX. Solid rifle that they did offer with a chrome lined option.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#41]
The barrels were cold hammer forged. There should be some more W MCX guns popping up for sale in different configurations. Note that the Rattler did not come off the list.  Also if you want a good bargain, look for any 2022 WRM400 -PRO or - SBR, as the spec changed for 2023. The 2022 guns are fair play now and are by far the best configuration of the M400. Come with the same sights and goodies, in addition of a cleaning kit, as the MCX. Solid rifle that they did offer with a chrome lined option.
View Quote

If you know anyone who has 11.5" M400 PRO SBRs in stock, please let me know because I've been looking for one for a while.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 2:16:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLD1980] [#42]
Have we done this fellas?

Designed to bring more variety to the MCX platform, the MCX XTN now allows the use of standard length MCX/Virtus handgaurds on a Rattler length upper receiver as well as MCX/Virtus upper receivers with Legacy handguards.

https://www.virtuous-concepts.com/product-page/rattler-xtn

How to run a Sig Virtus SD handguard on Rattler platform. The -XTN-#shorts #guns

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#43]
^ Timely.

https://midwestindustriesinc.com/mi-mcx-virtus-handguard-m-lok-tm-compatible/

6.75” with the Midwest Industries 6” handguard

5.5” Rattler

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

@goloud

Your guns are beautiful. If you ever decide to sell them please let me know first. I will give them a good home!
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Picked up my Virtus LE in 7.62x39.  Overall I really like how it feels.  I've never even handled an MCX before so I wasn't sure what to expect.  The gun shoulders really nicely, I love the handguard, and the action is nice.  Only thing I don't care for on it is the charging handle as I much prefer side chargers, but all the other stuff is neat.  Overall it is a very nice feeling rifle.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

The one thing I absolutely HATE about the Midwest Industries 6" Handguard on my Virtus is how narrow it is!  In fact, if you attach ANYTHING via those M-LOK slots, you won't be able to remove the barrel without first removing the item attached.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#48]

One of my favorite looking setups... Hopefully can match something similar.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

The one thing I absolutely HATE about the Midwest Industries 6" Handguard on my Virtus is how narrow it is!  In fact, if you attach ANYTHING via those M-LOK slots, you won't be able to remove the barrel without first removing the item attached.  

View Quote

I see what you mean. It's like they would be better off replacing the first M-Lok slot with Picatinny. Kind of like the Geiselle Mk4 rail.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Can anyone confirm if these weights are correct for Legacy/Virtus stripped uppers?
I've tried searching on Arf and Sig forums and only found one post referencing weights.

Upper receiver weights (no BCG or CH)
Legacy: 1lb 2oz
Virtus: 1lb 3oz
Rattler: 1lb 1oz

Mutt gun.
Page / 69
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 66 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top