Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Sig MCX Virtus (Page 65 of 69)
Page / 69
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're not shooting it and it does nothing but sit in the safe, and you think you can sell it and use that money for better stuff you'll actually use, why not?
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doolz:
Just sparking some curiosity...

Been heavily debating selling my Virtus Patrol [Noctis model]... Just because I never shoot her anymore and she's turned into a safe queen/relic. Had her factory cleaned and just got her back from SIG fresh as new...

Hold it or not and why?
View Quote

You sent a gun back to the manufacturer to have it cleaned?  Am I reading that right?  

In any case, if you don’t use it, sell it.  It’s a tool, not a priceless work of art.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 5:24:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doolz] [#3]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

You sent a gun back to the manufacturer to have it cleaned?  Am I reading that right?  

In any case, if you don’t use it, sell it.  It’s a tool, not a priceless work of art.
View Quote

I went up to SIG a few months ago before they switched over to their new center. Had my MCX with me from a short range trip in Pelham.

They did a more thorough cleaning than what I would have accomplished at my house or station.

Since then, it's been sitting in the safe.

ETA: I guess my ultimate question is, in time, will the Virtus line have the same "relic" value as say, KAC [extreme example]?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Just sparking some curiosity...

Been heavily debating selling my Virtus Patrol [Noctis model]... Just because I never shoot her anymore and she's turned into a safe queen/relic. Had her factory cleaned and just got her back from SIG fresh as new...

Hold it or not and why?
View Quote

That’s a tough call. Obviously if you’re not enjoying it, the money could be better used elsewhere. But then again, they’re not making the Virtus anymore and that one was a (at least somewhat) special model.

16 inch barrel? How much are you looking to get out of it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

That’s a tough call. Obviously if you’re not enjoying it, the money could be better used elsewhere. But then again, they’re not making the Virtus anymore and that one was a (at least somewhat) special model.

16 inch barrel? How much are you looking to get out of it?
View Quote

It is the 16" patrol. But I also have a full 11.5 conversion kit with the handguard thinking I would have eventually Form 1'd it.

I've had two different "inputs" from people both at the range when we talked about it and at one of my local gun shops.

The gun shops would base the value off of the KBB of Firearms, which, at this time, rates the MCX Virtus Patrol (non-LE, non-Noctis, gray base) as follows:

MSRP (Discontinued 2019) $2,400
100% - $2,040
98% - $1,780
95% - $1,530
90% - $1,380
80% - $1,125
70% - $925

One very adamant member of my local range said they would easily drop MSRP on it with the upgrades I've done (Geissele trigger, Raptor charging handle, Talon safety...)

I don't know if it's a matter of not enjoying it, as I really shoot my 6940 and URGI builds more and more and see this as a keepsake. I love the Virtus and think its an awesome platform as supported by my posts in this and other MCX threads.

Just wondering if the value of it will ever increase over time as other manufactures and models have.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I will say this, I've had two of the Virtus 11.5 models, one in gray and the other black LE model, and each time I sold them I got several hundred more less than what I paid for and took a decent hit. I only sold them because I was testing waters with a different platform but still I gravitate back to the AR15, and due to finances and room in my safe I couldn't afford to keep them if I wasn't going to use them as a primary rifle (or pistol, because f*ck the tyranical ATF). Things might be different now that the Virtus is no longer being produced, they might become more valuable, or so many will gravitate to the LT platform that no one will want a Virtus. It's a crapshoot, honestly.

Bottom line, do what your heart tells you. If you are truly not using it and you want that money towards something else that would be more useful, sell it. If you have second thoughts and believe that it's going to become a valuable collector item in a few years, keep it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:10:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#7]
Originally Posted By SMFdarkangel:

I wanted to publicly thank you both for the kind offers. @coregon I’ll send you an IM with my contact info shortly.

The guy I spoke to in CS was very polite and was just doing his job. My frustration shouldn’t have been directed toward him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By goloud:
@SMFdarkangel

It is definitely related to TFB since I was reviewing one of the new SIG cans at the time.

That being said, DM me your address and I’ll send you mine. I’ll wait for an eventual replacement.

Originally Posted By coregon:
So, evidentially my tags aren't working again

I have an email out to the CS Manager, but he is on PTO.  He'll get back with me and let me know their reasoning.  Don't blame CS for something like that - i'm sure it has to do with production, contracts, etc

That said, I have 3x F03 at the house that I can send to a couple of you.

@74novaman
@SMFdarkangel

I wanted to publicly thank you both for the kind offers. @coregon I’ll send you an IM with my contact info shortly.

The guy I spoke to in CS was very polite and was just doing his job. My frustration shouldn’t have been directed toward him.

Follow up to my last post back in November. After talking to @coregon and @goloud, I eventually got ahold of a CS rep who "placed a warranty order for an F03 valve". That was on 11/15/2022. A couple weeks went by and I asked for an update. I was told it was "still on order, I will see if I can get it pushed along to ship out sooner." Waited several more weeks and reached out for an update. This time I was told "It looks like they are on backorder unfortunately. I do not have an ETA on when it will ship out. I have two options; we can either continue to wait for the backorder, and it will ship out whenever its back in stock, or I can offer to take the firearm in and we can install the part in the shop."

TL;DR - Here we are 80 days later with no fix in sight. I really don't want to physically send my MCX back. It's a two stamp gun and the cost to insure it would be ridiculous. Not to mention any insurance SIG may or may not cover for return shipping. All this for a part that costs like $100... The gun is essentially a paperweight at this point.

Suppressors I've tested: CGS Hyperion-QD, Surefire SOCOM762-RC, and SOCOM300-SPS.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Follow up to my last post back in November. After talking to @coregon and @goloud, I eventually got ahold of a CS rep who "placed a warranty order for an F03 valve". That was on 11/15/2022. A couple weeks went by and I asked for an update. I was told it was "still on order, I will see if I can get it pushed along to ship out sooner." Waited several more weeks and reached out for an update. This time I was told "It looks like they are on backorder unfortunately. I do not have an ETA on when it will ship out. I have two options; we can either continue to wait for the backorder, and it will ship out whenever its back in stock, or I can offer to take the firearm in and we can install the part in the shop."

TL;DR - Here we are 80 days later with no fix in sight. I really don't want to physically send my MCX back. It's a two stamp gun and the cost to insure it would be ridiculous. Not to mention any insurance SIG may or may not cover for return shipping. All this for a part that costs like $100... The gun is essentially a paperweight at this point.

Suppressors I've tested: CGS Hyperion-QD, Surefire SOCOM762-RC, and SOCOM300-SPS.
View All Quotes
@SMFdarkangel

It is definitely related to TFB since I was reviewing one of the new SIG cans at the time.

That being said, DM me your address and I’ll send you mine. I’ll wait for an eventual replacement.

I have an email out to the CS Manager, but he is on PTO.  He'll get back with me and let me know their reasoning.  Don't blame CS for something like that - i'm sure it has to do with production, contracts, etc

@74novaman
@SMFdarkangel

Why not see if they'll just take in the gas plug to do the install?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:11:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#9]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

View Quote

The “gas plug” is the part they can’t/won’t send out.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unrock] [#10]
Sig’s approach to innovative firearm design, I.e., we are out of parts for the guns we sold you last month.   But you can buy new barrel and bolt that will work in your legacy rifle (MCX Virtus) for only $1500.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#11]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/216696/C1A320AB-316F-4775-A36A-AB2CED185726_jpe-2696793.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/216696/C1A320AB-316F-4775-A36A-AB2CED185726_jpe-2696793.JPG

I know, that's why I'm suggesting you see if they will permit you to just send in that piece and perform the swap for you.

This saves you from having to send in the entire rifle.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#12]

I know, that's why I'm suggesting you see if they will permit you to just send in that piece and perform the swap for you.

View Quote

Good point. Maybe just send the barrel assembly in?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:27:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doolz] [#13]

View All Quotes

I tried this once before and was told that the entire rifle needs to go up because they need a "serialized" item to be able to track it...
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#14]

I tried this once before and was told that the entire rifle needs to go up because they need a "serialized" item to be able to track it...
View All Quotes

Damn, that sucks. I understand the need to keep their CS department stocked with parts to fix rifles coming in but requiring the entire rifle sent in is annoying.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#15]
To be clear, I'm not trying to drag SIG here. Just posting my personal experience since I know other folks are having the same issues. I'm not pissed off, just disappointed.

I do wonder why SIG made the in-line change to the F03 valve on the 6.75 without a clear strategy to take care of existing customers. It seems like poor planning but from a big corporate perspective, it probably just slipped through cracks.

ETA: Yes, I know why they changed the valves but there were issues with the 6.75 gassing even before the SLX/SLH cans came out. I also know the history with the LVAW and the silencers it was designed around but the commercial market is running a variety of suppressors, not just 1-2 issued cans.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:16:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#16]

Damn, that sucks. I understand the need to keep their CS department stocked with parts to fix rifles coming in but requiring the entire rifle sent in is annoying.
View Quote

This is kind of a headscratcher for me. I understand this strategy in general - a lot of companies do this because it works. But for this part specifically, they have some on hand to "fix" rifles but none in stock for approx. 90 days?? So they are making enough to produce new 6.75 assemblies and stock their RMA dept, but they have zero for sale. Seems bizarre.

I'd be willing to send them the gas valve if they offered to replace it but I'm not sending the whole gun back. With current shipping rates, I'm better off buying a new CALX kit and selling my old barrel assembly.

I want to reiterate that I'm not asking for a hand out - I literally called CS and asked to purchase the part.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Thinking about selling that LVAW handguard from ALTRD. Anyone have an idea what they are selling for these days?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:44:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doolz] [#18]
Originally Posted By Tacticool_Duck:
Thinking about selling that LVAW handguard from ALTRD. Anyone have an idea what they are selling for these days?
View Quote

With the wait time and lack of stock, you could probably get face value plus or minus a few dollars depending on the condition.

Not sure how many people are out cloning the LVAWs but I would ballpark face value.

ETA: I know there was a big hype on social media over the past several weeks over people trying to clone the RSARs (MCX 7.75" 300.BLK W/ SLH762C-QD SUPPRESSOR).
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#19]

This is kind of a headscratcher for me. I understand this strategy in general - a lot of companies do this because it works. But for this part specifically, they have some on hand to "fix" rifles but none in stock for approx. 90 days?? So they are making enough to produce new 6.75 assemblies and stock their RMA dept, but they have zero for sale. Seems bizarre.

I'd be willing to send them the gas valve if they offered to replace it but I'm not sending the whole gun back. With current shipping rates, I'm better off buying a new CALX kit and selling my old barrel assembly.

I want to reiterate that I'm not asking for a hand out - I literally called CS and asked to purchase the part.
View Quote

Do they really want the entire rifle, that is hilarious. I did not get an F03 either, they put that taper washer in there and another bolt, and a sticker, but no #3 piston

What're you going to do?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:17:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#20]
Originally Posted By GrAvril:

Do they really want the entire rifle, that is hilarious. I did not get an F03 either, they put that taper washer in there and another bolt, and a sticker, but no #3 piston

What're you going to do?
View Quote

Well that sucks. What's a taper washer?

Link to the TFB RSAR vid where James' talks about the F03 and why it's needed on the 6.75 platform. Skip to 13:47

What is the Sig MCX RSAR? (New SOCOM PDW)
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Well that sucks. What's a taper washer?

Link to the TFB RSAR vid where James' talks about the F03 and why it's needed on the 6.75 platform. Skip to 13:47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6RbfJqETmM
View Quote

You know that barrel adapter wedding band thing
That's ridic - it needs this part to work & they won't sell the part? What kind of a setup is this. So Sig wants us to send in our rifle otherwise SOL?
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#22]
All this for a part that costs like $100... The gun is essentially a paperweight at this point.

View Quote

Want to follow up here: you haven't had any luck getting your 6.75" MCX with F01 piston to run suppressed with your Hyperion?  No ammo at all?  

I'm still testing and haven't put a ton of rounds through mine, but mine will lock the bolt back on most supersonic ammo I've tried on the (+) setting, and some on the (-) setting as well.  

Gorilla Ammo subs dont run for shit on any setting, but some old Remington 220s will run on (+).  

I haven't been prioritizing subs since I have a mini fix for shooting super quiet 300blks, so supers is my main concern with the MCX.  

I can shoot you a detailed list of what ammo works with what setting on my 6.75" with F01 and a Hyperion if it would help at all.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 6:26:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#23]
Originally Posted By 74novaman:

Want to follow up here: you haven't had any luck getting your 6.75" MCX with F01 piston to run suppressed with your Hyperion?  No ammo at all?  

I'm still testing and haven't put a ton of rounds through mine, but mine will lock the bolt back on most supersonic ammo I've tried on the (+) setting, and some on the (-) setting as well.  

Gorilla Ammo subs dont run for shit on any setting, but some old Remington 220s will run on (+).  

I haven't been prioritizing subs since I have a mini fix for shooting super quiet 300blks, so supers is my main concern with the MCX.  

I can shoot you a detailed list of what ammo works with what setting on my 6.75" with F01 and a Hyperion if it would help at all.
View Quote

Yeah, I’d appreciate that if you don’t mind. I’ve only shot subs through it on the adverse (+) setting with the factory F01 valve. Haven’t shot any supers but I’m sure they’ll function fine.

I’ve tried Winchester 200gr black box and Ammo Inc 220gr stelTH. The Hyperion won’t cycle a second round of either. 762-RC cycles the Winchester fine and the 300-SPS is right on the edge. Ammo Inc stuff is too weak to cycle with any setup. I have a few Discreet Ballistics 190 subs I might try… Sucks knowing the issue is the gun and not the ammo.

The Fix is probably stupid quiet without any action noise. Unfortunately for me I bought this to shoot subs 99% of the time.

ETA: I guess you didn’t get an F03 either?
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#24]

You know that barrel adapter wedding band thing
That's ridic - it needs this part to work & they won't sell the part? What kind of a setup is this. So Sig wants us to send in our rifle otherwise SOL?
View Quote

Ok yeah, I’m tracking now. That’s weird. What issue did you send it back for?
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 7:55:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GrAvril] [#25]

Ok yeah, I’m tracking now. That’s weird. What issue did you send it back for?
View Quote

I didn't - I'm asking you - to get a little F03 gas valve they're telling you to send in your entire rifle?? They won't accept you just taking the barrel out & sending that? Peak comedy

I already bought the 6.75" calx kit & didn't get the F03 valve, so I'm just supposed to cross my fingers & hope they include it in the next one? Ridic

If the newer suppressors break the gun they should include this valve with the new suppressors.

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#26]

I didn't - I'm asking you - to get a little F03 gas valve they're telling you to send in your entire rifle?? They won't accept you just taking the barrel out & sending that? Peak comedy

I already bought the 6.75" calx kit & didn't get the F03 valve, so I'm just supposed to cross my fingers & hope they include it in the next one? Ridic

View Quote

Yeah, its a crummy process. But like I said above, I ran into a very similar issue and spoke directly to pro shop staff in person several months ago (before they moved over to the new experience center) and with CS on the phone...

Anytime you send anything back to SIG for "repairs," even if it's a part swap for compatibility issues, you need to send the entire rifle up (not sure if it's the same now with P320s because of the FCUs but I know for certain it's this way for the Virtus).

The reason being is for tracking purposes. Forms are filled out with your information matched to the serialized item you sent them so they can track and update everything they do on their end.

Worst case scenario, and hypothetically, you only send your barrel kit up to them, and they happen to misplace it, or it gets fumbled around with several other ones on the line. There's no way to track that item.

Why not just put a piece of tape on it with your name and number and send it up? One would think that would be ideal.... but they have no way to track their record on the parts in that case.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#27]

If the newer suppressors break the gun they should include this valve with the new suppressors.

View Quote

Misunderstood your first post. Didn’t realize you were referring to the CALX kits. Maybe it was older stock?

Yes, they want the whole rifle back. I asked if I can send just the barrel assembly. We’ll see if they choose to make an exception. Kind of doubt it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Sadly, AKA, we are going to "legacy status" your firearm in due time and are no longer readily manufacturing parts to repair/service...

This is why I'm just ready to sell my Virtus because it's bound to experience an issue that won't be fixed in a near timely manner...

Supply and demand I guess.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#30]

@SMFDarkangel

Sent you a message.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#31]

@SMFdarkangel

I’ll send you my F03 if you send it back when you get yours. Just PM me your address.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#32]

@SMFdarkangel

I’ll send you my F03 if you send it back when you get yours. Just PM me your address.
View Quote

Wow!  Just offered the same to him.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Sadly, AKA, we are going to "legacy status" your firearm in due time and are no longer readily manufacturing parts to repair/service...

This is why I'm just ready to sell my Virtus because it's bound to experience an issue that won't be fixed in a near timely manner...

View All Quotes

I doubt they're discontinuing anytime soon but they are pumping as many full MCX setups as possible. Small parts will always be on the backburner, in comparison to full rifles.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:21:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goloud] [#34]
Originally Posted By Subpar:

View Quote

Awesome. Nothing worse than having a new gun you can’t shoot suppressed.

Just to play devils advocate here, before the F03 switchover we had someone who was having cycling issues. The gas block was slightly misaligned.

So SIG may be trying to confirm that it is indeed a gas plug issue instead of just sending it out and hoping for the best.

ETA: I know this is frustrating, but I don’t get the feeling that this is a big end of life conspiracy. This is a “we are selling every gun we ship and don’t have spare parts right now” issue.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#35]

I doubt they're discontinuing anytime soon but they are pumping as many full MCX setups as possible. Small parts will always be on the backburner, in comparison to full rifles.
View Quote

In order to manufacture a full rifle, you need small parts...

As someone with a steady economic background, you would usually do 2/1 on the small parts per unit until you had enough backlog for customer support.

The fact they SIG doesn't have this part readily available now is not a good feeling.

And it's not like its a stupid little part. Its a gas regulation valve....
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah idc what their reasoning explanation excuse is, it's cope. Sell me the part I need for the thing I bought
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:03:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigchillin83] [#37]

View All Quotes
@SMFdarkangel

@74novaman
@SMFdarkangel

this is what turned me away from sig years ago with the same problem on the sig 556r and parts... i have now came back with the virtus for all of this to happen with the spear... who knows
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:51:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMFdarkangel] [#38]

@SMFdarkangel

View Quote

Originally Posted By Subpar:

View Quote
I appreciate you both! For the record both @goloud and @coregon offered to send me an F03 last fall. At the time it really looked like CS was going to come through...

Awesome. Nothing worse than having a new gun you can’t shoot suppressed.

Just to play devils advocate here, before the F03 switchover we had someone who was having cycling issues. The gas block was slightly misaligned.

So SIG may be trying to confirm that it is indeed a gas plug issue instead of just sending it out and hoping for the best.

ETA: I know this is frustrating, but I don’t get the feeling that this is a big end of life conspiracy. This is a “we are selling every gun we ship and don’t have spare parts right now” issue.
View Quote
Agreed. We're still very much in a market where demand outstrips supply. I'm not against sending the whole gun back but UPS and FedEx only accept firearms from FFLs now. It's also an SBR and I hate shipping NFA items unless I absolutely need to.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Huge shoutout to @Subpar for sending me his F03 to play with. Will post an update once it arrives.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:00:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 74novaman] [#40]

Yeah, I’d appreciate that if you don’t mind. I’ve only shot subs through it on the adverse (+) setting with the factory F01 valve. Haven’t shot any supers but I’m sure they’ll function fine.

The Fix is probably stupid quiet without any action noise. Unfortunately for me I bought this to shoot subs 99% of the time.

ETA: I guess you didn’t get an F03 either?
View Quote

Yeah, the mini fix is stupid quiet, especially with the full size Hyperion.  Quiet enough I unfortunately could still listen to the boomer next to me talking about how "we didn't have silencers when I was in Vietnam!" while I was shooting it.  

Just in case anyone else is ever running the same combo I'll post my results here in case they help someone.  The way I was testing was to load two or three rounds.  To pass, gun had to cycle, feed and lock back on empty afterwards.  If it failed on (-), I would then try again on (+). Most of the ammo that passed on (+) was cycling on (-) but not locking to the rear on an empty mag.  If there's any interest I'll keep updating as I test with different barrel lengths and suppressors.  

Sig Virtus, 6.75" 300blk barrel, F01, CGS Hyperion with closed end cap, Lancer 300blk magazines.  

Supers:
125 gr Gorilla Ammo: passed on (+)
147 gr Gorilla Ammo: passed on (+)
110 gr Tac-TX Gorilla Ammo: passed on (-) but ejection was weak so I'm going to run it on (+)
120 gr Sig: passed on (-)
150 gr American Eagle: passed on (-)
147 gr Winchester WB: passed on (-)

Subs:
220 gr Gorilla Ammo: single shot.  Would not feed next round even on (+)....fail
220 gr Remington (old ammo): passed on (+) but weak ejection

Hope that helps!

And no, I didn't get a F03 either.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Sig has so many military contracts for the Virtus series of rifles it's crazy. There is just no way parts are going to dry up any time soon. Especially since so many parts are interchangeable between generations.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#42]

Yeah, the mini fix is stupid quiet, especially with the full size Hyperion.  Quiet enough I unfortunately could still listen to the boomer next to me talking about how "we didn't have silencers when I was in Vietnam!" while I was shooting it.  

Just in case anyone else is ever running the same combo I'll post my results here in case they help someone.  The way I was testing was to load two or three rounds.  To pass, gun had to cycle, feed and lock back on empty afterwards.  If it failed on (-), I would then try again on (+). Most of the ammo that passed on (+) was cycling on (-) but not locking to the rear on an empty mag.  If there's any interest I'll keep updating as I test with different barrel lengths and suppressors.  

Sig Virtus, 6.75" 300blk barrel, F01, CGS Hyperion with closed end cap, Lancer 300blk magazines.  

Supers:
110 gr Tac-TX Gorilla Ammo: passed on (-) but ejection was weak so I'm going to run it on (+)

Subs:
220 gr Gorilla Ammo: single shot.  Would not feed next round even on (+)....fail

Hope that helps!

View Quote

Thanks for sharing your data!
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:10:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GrAvril] [#43]
Hey a bunch of piston assemblies appeared on the site today. Unfortunately none of them look to say F03 on them, lmk if you spot one

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Hey a bunch of piston assemblies appeared on the site today. Unfortunately none of them look to say F03 on them, lmk if you spot one

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/506270/35D952FC-2CE4-4616-8056-2005DC6F5B33_png-2704536.JPG
View Quote

Got the big email today as well.

It looks as though the Virtus parts liquidation has begun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/506270/35D952FC-2CE4-4616-8056-2005DC6F5B33_png-2704536.JPG

They've sold a crap ton of Virtus parts like this before. The sky isn't falling.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

You'll know that when they pop up on CDNN.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAG2955:

Got the big email today as well.  It looks as though the Virtus parts liquidation has begun.

Hopefully they would sell them to consumers first.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#48]

They've sold a crap ton of Virtus parts like this before. The sky isn't falling.
View Quote

Guy is trying to find reasons to justify selling his, so ignore it.

They have 6.75” barrels in stock.  Guess I could buy myself a $700 F03 and a free barrel.

I still need to try out the GA subs in a couple other guns and see if they cycle in anything else.  Not 100% convinced my subsonic cycling issues are all to blame on the piston.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#49]
The piston assemblies have been available for a bit so I don't think this is a liquidation. The 6.75 one they have listed is a F01 just fyi.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Supers:

Subs:

Hope that helps!

View Quote

Nice, maybe try other mags as well. My 6.75" wouldn't run well with Lancer 300blk or 556 mags, but with PMAGS, OKAY Surefeed E1/E2, and USGIs I had much less problems suppressed and unsuppressed.
Page / 69
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 65 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top