Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 121
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
And....I figured out the other issue. Just applied a little ‘Ozark engineering’ with the Dremel. Worked like a champ and now good to go.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By deanrm:
How do these compare in night vision image quality to ATN 4K products?
View Quote

Nobody???
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By deanrm:

Nobody???
View Quote

No experience with ATN, but from their website and YouTube - if you want something for a weapon, get the ATN for sure. If you want to wear it, obviously, you can't use ATN Ultra HD 4K stuff on a helmet. Not really sure about their super rez sensor, outputting to a 720p screen, but their video file probably looks better (1080 vs 720). The Aurora sensor is a 1280x1024 chip, outputting to a 768p screen. The chip technology probably comes more into play, than the resolution - but I don't know. DoD was interested enough in Sionyx' tech, to grant them a contract. The videos online are hard to make a comparison with, because you don't know the environmentals - there's one testing 4 different IR lights and it looked ok, but my bias says the Aurora would look better. I don't recall anyone in this thread that owns both, so probably not much more can be had.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

No experience with ATN, but from their website and YouTube - if you want something for a weapon, get the ATN for sure. If you want to wear it, obviously, you can't use ATN Ultra HD 4K stuff on a helmet. Not really sure about their super rez sensor, outputting to a 720p screen, but their video file probably looks better (1080 vs 720). The Aurora sensor is a 1280x1024 chip, outputting to a 768p screen. The chip technology probably comes more into play, than the resolution - but I don't know. DoD was interested enough in Sionyx' tech, to grant them a contract. The videos online are hard to make a comparison with, because you don't know the environmentals - there's one testing 4 different IR lights and it looked ok, but my bias says the Aurora would look better. I don't recall anyone in this thread that owns both, so probably not much more can be had.
View Quote

The 4k sensor for the XSight is primarily to facilitate a semi decent digital zoom. A similar concept to some modern phones going back to dual cameras (standard, wide angle) from triple (standard, wide angle, telephoto) and making the standard camera 64mp instead of having a lower mp standard & lower mp telephoto.

As far as image quality... Can't really say for certain as I haven't directly compared them, but it seems similar enough. The Aurora sees in the dark (no IR) better though. Also, they're totally different devices designed for different uses which makes them not really comparable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I was out camping a couple weeks ago and there was a 5th wheel parked two sites from us with
the site between us empty. The 5th wheel had no lights on and I could not see it at all after dark.
But when I looked trough the Sionyx it was very visible. I did not think to take a picture. But the point
is that under real life situations there is usually some background light around and for the money this thing
really shines. I let a friend look through it and it blew him away. If they get back down to 500 I will
get another for duals. I Also will use this for night boating and know it will help make that a much
safer process.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
there is a $50 rebate now
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 7:55:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deanrm] [#8]
I have both the ATN BinoX 4K Binoculars/Range Finder and the X-Sight 4K PRO 3-14x. I added the 1000 laser range finder and the IR850 Supernova Infrared Illuminator to the X-Sight and it works good. I use it mostly with the IR Illuminator as I see no reason not to. I can shoot coyotes 300+ yards. The Bluetooth is pretty cool as you can stream the video to your phone, and the binoculars/range finder can tell the X-Sight the distance and compensate your reticle to the proper hold over using a ballistic computer built into the scope. You can also use the laser rangefinder mounted to the scope via Bluetooth.

I have not used the Sionyx and was wondering if someone has done a side-by-side comparison? Very tough to tell anything by pictures as you don't really know the existing lighting conditions.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Maverick52:

The 4k sensor for the XSight is primarily to facilitate a semi decent digital zoom. A similar concept to some modern phones going back to dual cameras (standard, wide angle) from triple (standard, wide angle, telephoto) and making the standard camera 64mp instead of having a lower mp standard & lower mp telephoto.

As far as image quality... Can't really say for certain as I haven't directly compared them, but it seems similar enough. The Aurora sees in the dark (no IR) better though. Also, they're totally different devices designed for different uses which makes them not really comparable.
View Quote

Good info. No habla ATN
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
UPDATE:

Got my kiloohm gen 2 mount today in the mail and have been playing with it for about an hour. Took a little bit to set up, but this thing is awesome. Big thanks to gaspain for the quick delivery and if you are on the fence, do not hesitate and buy with confidence.

I’ve been driving around my neighborhood in the golf art with the new mount and it is rock steady. Still getting used to walking with them, but I’m going to take them into the shoot house tomorrow morning and see how they perform. With the dandy fire or my surefire IR helmet light, it looks great in zero light areas (indoors).

Able to easily aim through my lower 1/3 EOTech w/ 1/2” riser and the 5”TNVC Steiner laser looks awesome with no bloom even indoors.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Tried the sports behind a holosun 507c green pistol and it sucks. Finish on the metal reflects too much ir from helmet light and the “glass” washes out in the sports. Trunk on RMR works perfectly though.

Surefire 300x dual output vampire is way too bright inside the house and completely overpowers the EOTech.

I’ll put a couple hundred rounds down range tomorrow and see, but I think I like the RMR over the IR laser for pistols.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:29:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By new_frontier13:
UPDATE:

Got my kiloohm gen 2 mount today in the mail and have been playing with it for about an hour. Took a little bit to set up, but this thing is awesome. Big thanks to gaspain for the quick delivery and if you are on the fence, do not hesitate and buy with confidence.

I’ve been driving around my neighborhood in the golf art with the new mount and it is rock steady. Still getting used to walking with them, but I’m going to take them into the shoot house tomorrow morning and see how they perform. With the dandy fire or my surefire IR helmet light, it looks great in zero light areas (indoors).

Able to easily aim through my lower 1/3 EOTech w/ 1/2” riser and the 5”TNVC Steiner laser looks awesome with no bloom even indoors.
View Quote

Glad you like the IRmount Mk2! They are an improvement from the old gen. If there is anything I can do to make them better, let me know.

Also everybody that ordered thus far has shipped today. I'm at 1 stock now and making more as fast as I can, I ordered another high temp printer that will be here soon to make 'em faster. There is an arfcom team member discount

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#13]
So no AR firmware update for the Sport or am I doing it wrong?

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 3:57:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#14]
Originally Posted By MainePure:
So no AR firmware update for the Sport or am I doing it wrong?

View Quote

Sport and Black does not have GPS and thus no AR. Original and Pro are supposed to have it, but not released yet I think.

Also everyone; 21'st is th last day for $50 rebate on all sionyx cams. I read on instagram.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 8:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chaas67] [#15]
Just received the latest version of kiloohm (gaspain) sionyx camera mount and what an awesome piece of gear. Had the gen 1 and while it worked it had its issues but the gen 2 knocks it out of the park.

Mounting the cameras was super easy and literally took me 3 minutes. Spent more time rerouting the power cords and shock cord on the cameras. The integrated shoe is a nice touch and the overall mount is very solid with no play. Centering the cameras to the eyes is sooooo simple with the dials and the only thing I had to do there is add a touch of oil to the guide rods. Seems like they would stick just the slightest but not impactful at all.

Nose clearance with the cameras is awesome, no rubbing or pressing into my nose which will increase the comfort factor significantly.

you'll have to invert the display on one camera and leave it normal on the other - not an issue - and reorient yourself to the location of the buttons on the cameras but still not an issue.

Shipping, packaging and communication and the craftsmanship are top notch.

If you are on the fence about buying this, don't be !!!  Buy this mount and go out any enjoy your Sioynx!!

@gaspain - you rock, your service rocks, this design is by far the best.. can't say enough good things and really appreciate you supporting the Sionyx market for guys like me that are low speed and high drag...

ETA - quick comment on his level of service, he emailed through Etsy indicating that something was quite right with the batch of mounts he had and he was waiting on a part or something to make them right. The mount ended up only arriving 2 days later than the original date and if hadn't said anything I wouldn't have noticed. This is the level of details he spends on this and is worth every penny.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:30:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#17]
My Sionyx Aurora arrived a couple of days ago and I have a good chance to get to know it.  Its a very good piece of gear at its price point and works very well up to a certain level of low light.  

My general impression is it sits between a Gen1+ device and a lower FOM Gen2 device.  In genuine low light it does not compare to a good gen2+ device with FOM ~ 1400 or similar Gen3+ spec.  There are some very good technical reasons for this.  

Having said that its light gathering capabilities are impressive due to its high quantum efficiency across a broad wavelength, in fact its over all ability is 7 times greater than a Gen3 device and even greater relative to a Gen2 device.  Because of the high QE it is excellent under aided illumination from 795nm, 808nm, 850nm, 940nm and 1064nm.  However in true low light, the boost the micro channel plates in the Gen2+ and up devices massively outweighs the gains in QE and and breadth of wavelength.  

A great complimentary device to good gen2+ and gen3 devices.  

To get the AR working you have to download the Sionyx AR app its called "Sionyx Aurora AR" - it works on the Aurora and Aurora Pro

There are some improvements from my perspective and the way I use the device
(a) the gps should allow display in MGRS and UTM coordinates
(b) the compass should allow display in degrees and MILS
(c) Sionyx should develop a lens cap and eyepiece
(d) impressed with some of the innovation on here and just purchased a Lions Gate bridge

How do you post photos on this forum???

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GroundhogOZ:
My Sionyx Aurora arrived a couple of days ago and I have a good chance to get to know it.  Its a very good piece of gear at its price point and works very well up to a certain level of low light.  

My general impression is it sits between a Gen1+ device and a lower FOM Gen2 device.  In genuine low light it does not compare to a good gen2+ device with FOM ~ 1400 or similar Gen3+ spec.  There are some very good technical reasons for this.  

Having said that its light gathering capabilities are impressive due to its high quantum efficiency across a broad wavelength, in fact its over all ability is 7 times greater than a Gen3 device and even greater relative to a Gen2 device.  Because of the high QE it is excellent under aided illumination from 795nm, 808nm, 850nm, 940nm and 1064nm.  However in true low light, the boost the micro channel plates in the Gen2+ and up devices massively outweighs the gains in QE and and breadth of wavelength.  

To get the AR working you have to download the Sionyx AR app its called "Sionyx Aurora AR" - it works on the Aurora and Aurora Pro

(d) impressed with some of the innovation on here and just purchased a Lions Gate bridge

View Quote

Reference to bolded text:

I have an Aurora. You mentioned a new "AR" availability through a new app?  I'm assuming that if no firmware change with the camera downloading from the internet?  The AR functionality run solely on your phone?  Is this right? Do/can you run the original Sionyx app and this AR together?

Please @ me if you have an answer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

imgur.com for photos
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#20]
No you have to have the new App - I was also under the impression you could do it with the general app.  

The new App is called "Sionyx Aurora Ar" and was available for download from the Apple App store.  I haven't field tested it yet - but it looks pretty straight forward.  

https://support.sionyx.com/support/solutions/articles/61000259465-ar-mode-augmented-reality-

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#21]
How durable/reliable are these compared to a PVS14? Let’s say in a SHTF scenario. Would it be better to have a bino set up with auroras or one PVS14?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:46:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#22]

Gen1+ Vs Aurora overlays and raw photos.  Note Gen1+ was taken through the ocular with iphone, the Sionyx image was from the Sionyx camera.

Spectral response

Summary and comparisons
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:07:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#23]
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:
How durable/reliable are these compared to a PVS14? Let’s say in a SHTF scenario. Would it be better to have a bino set up with auroras or one PVS14?
View Quote

IP67 rated - means it can be dropped in 1m water for up to a 1/2 hour.  

Battery life is an issue, it chews through a NP50 in ~ 2hours - however, you can use a power bank as a backup trickle charger.  

Good NODS, you get 20 to 60 hours out of a CR123.  

So I see it as a complimentary device for good Gen2+/ good Gen 3 goggles - not a true replacement if you are in or have to be in very low light situations.  Would be very good for stationary obos particularly if an area was well lit from various points with 940nm+.  

The Aurora is impressive down to a certain level of light - beyond that you're in good NVG country.

Its extremely good with illuminators and also has Augmented Reality capability think (A)TAK but in your goggles instead of admin pouch/KAG

Also excellent in a streetscape environment where background ambient light levels are high but not necessarily bright - still need an illuminator to light up the dark spots.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Do they make a, IR illuminator that works, and that is not visible to the naked eye? I have the Sightmark IR light that came with my Wraith NVS, and another cheapo and they are both a bright red eye in the dark.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:29:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#25]
Better to go with a laser illuminator - very small point source that can be set well back in tube/ reflector cone.  So with a Sionyx I would go with a 940nm IR laser - the further away from the visible light range the better.  

Having said that all illuminators have some signature that can be detected by the human eye.  850nm LED illuminators can be seen from well over 150m.  The recipe is point source longer wavelength.  

NODS struggle beyond 950nm - the SIOnyx doesn't start to struggle until ~1150nm

1064nm is a common wavelength and its not visible to analogue NODs.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 4:04:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Better to go with a laser illuminator - very small point source that can be set well back in tube/ reflector cone.  So with a Sionyx I would go with a 940nm IR laser - the further away from the visible light range the better.  

Having said that all illuminators have some signature that can be detected by the human eye.  850nm LED illuminators can be seen from well over 150m.  The recipe is point source longer wavelength.  

NODS struggle beyond 950nm - the SIOnyx doesn't start to struggle until ~1150nm

1064nm is a common wavelength and its not visible to analogue NODs.  

https://i.imgur.com/c1MZ7U5.jpg
View Quote

980nm is a better wavelength for Aurora use. Still inexpensive cheap, crystal clear visibility on the Aurora and almost invisible to Gen 3.

You cant see a 200+mW 980nm illuminator flood with the gen 3. A 30mW focused spot is not bright at all (considering it's 30 mW at point blank ranges). I'm doubtful gen 3 sees the spot at long distances.  The gen 3 can see the 980nm emission looking straight on as a small point of light, but it's SUPER dim despite being 30mW at across the room distances.  I doubt at longer distances it would be noticable, if at all, and you'd probably have to know what to look for to detect it. I know the spot is nearly.

I'll tell you for a fact, I can't see the 980nm aperture emission from the side of my 30mW laser 2 feet away with my eyeballs AT ALL... (I don't have the balls to look straight into the beam cause that would be dumb).  My eyes can see a 940nm LED though, especially looking straight into the reflector.

I made a youtibe video showing my Aurora side by side with the gen 3 and the 30mW 980nm focusable laser.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 4:38:31 AM EDT
[#27]
https://i.imgur.com/P0803uu.jpg

Gen1+ Vs Aurora overlays and raw photos.  Note Gen1+ was taken through the ocular with iphone, the Sionyx image was from the Sionyx camera.

https://i.imgur.com/DPNGbt7.jpg

Spectral response

https://i.imgur.com/c1MZ7U5.jpg

Summary and comparisons
View Quote

What is your game here? Join date, and those photos are not like what I see in my SiOnyx. Gen 1+ comparison doesn't add up. 1+, what? Is that some Chineseum stuff?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:21:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#28]

View Quote

Strong first post, thanks. What version did you test? Your data (and collecting capabilities) are impressive.

Edit: Disregard, I see it was the 'Black' version. You have a Pro on order?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By gaspain:

What is your game here? Join date, and those photos are not like what I see in my SiOnyx. Gen 1+ comparison doesn't add up. 1+, what? Is that some Chineseum stuff?
View Quote

Devices here:

Pulsar

Looks like souped up tech applied to the tube generation? Not my area though.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:45:48 AM EDT
[#30]
most gen1 are advertised as gen1+  but the true gen1+  like i would think this pulsar unit is using has a microchanel plate like gen2 so it has a flat field of view without the usual gen1 fisheye efect  and also a good resolution - but it is still low sensitivity so ir lite is still needed
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 7:19:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#31]

Strong first post, thanks. What version did you test? Your data (and collecting capabilities) are impressive.

Edit: Disregard, I see it was the 'Black' version. You have a Pro on order?
View Quote

No - but I feel the pro is worth the coin as long as you accept the limits of this technology (the black refers to the CMOS Silicon oxide - the device was an Aurora, the green one).  In effect, and in the civilian market place, its like Digital Gen 1.  There isn't any amplification - there is the integral under the wavelength Vs QE curve.  Which is very impressive.  Basically need larger CMOS (more surface area = more signal) which gets expensive quickly.  

Still, very impressed its a very good piece of kit.  As in good NL3 kit.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 7:27:16 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

No its just photographed accurately - takes time and patience.  At that light level there was a lot of noise from the Aurora - it struggles when you go beneath a certain lux level.  

I'm not knocking it all - I think its very good.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#33]

No - but I feel the pro is worth the coin as long as you accept the limits of this technology (the black refers to the CMOS Silicon oxide - the device was an Aurora, the green one).  In effect, and in the civilian market place, its like Digital Gen 1.  There isn't any amplification - there is the integral under the wavelength Vs QE curve.  Which is very impressive.  Basically need larger CMOS (more surface area = more signal) which gets expensive quickly.  

Still, very impressed its a very good piece of kit.  As in good NL3 kit.
View Quote

Gotcha, thanks. I see your bottom far right pic has the Aurora in Greyscale, but the others look to be in Green. I find the Gray to gives the best image in marginal conditions - the Green seems to be a 'parlor trick', available just to mimic green phosphor. Can you put up the full size, individual comparison images?

Yes, I'm fine with the limitations and know how to work around them - I have two Pro's on order and am just waiting for the shipping notification, last word was ..."end of June".
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#34]
The green mode is a like a gel filter, I dislike it as I think it crushes some dynamic range.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Gotcha, thanks. I see your bottom far right pic has the Aurora in Greyscale, but the others look to be in Green. I find the Gray to gives the best image in marginal conditions - the Green seems to be a 'parlor trick', available just to mimic green phosphor. Can you put up the full size, individual comparison images?

Yes, I'm fine with the limitations and know how to work around them - I have two Pro's on order and am just waiting for the shipping notification, last word was ..."end of June".
View Quote

Agreed the greyscale works best in lower light conditions - another neat trick is to pair an Aurora with an analogue monocular - if you have good stereo vision it definitely gives the best of both worlds - if you have a P43 screen set the Sionyx to green and if P45 to greyscale.  

I think you'll be really happy with the pro - extra low light sensitivity, more battery, more memory.  I'll set up some photos with my gen2+ PVS7 (has 64 lp/mm and very high SNR) - they are on loan to buddy for a couple more weeks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:47:46 PM EDT
[#36]
The green mode is a like a gel filter, I dislike it as I think it crushes some dynamic range.
View Quote

Definitely - it would be interesting to see where they did the calibration for the stretch.  There is a simple trick in image analysis called histogram normalisation - the effect is to tighten the spread over a kay range of information and not all information.  

I'm happy with my unit - just trying to get the AR working with firmware 1.2 - not happening at the moment.  Sionyx are on it and going to get back to me with the fix - its one of the reasons I purchased this as I do a lot of remote area work - its starting to look like the device needs access to a phone network, which for me limits its uses.  In fact they would be far better off allowing users to store waypoints direct to the SD card either via upload or direct from the cam.  The fascination of linking devices to iphones and others has merit in certain situations but by no means all situations.  

Last time I looked seeing round corners with a camera was major league flagging :)
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Word from Sionyx is that all Pro's that were pre-ordered, should be delivered to customers by 30 June.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#38]
If anybody is looking for a pouch to store Binos and Bridge, on gear, during the day - I finally found one with the right dimensions, here:

Viper Lazer Pouch

Everything fits fine:

Link Posted: 6/21/2020 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Another good (couple) of options are the Crye GP 6X6X3 and Crye GP 9x7x3.  :)
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 2:54:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#40]
Did a no-moon, fandyfire navigation test.
SiOnyx night vision with Kiloohm MK2 helmet mount. No moon, full dark test.

The red dot was not as effective as I thought it would be. The fandyfire made a huge bloom on it. Which makes the laser aimer a thing I need to get.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:53:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#41]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8UoS6hbjbE

The red dot was not as effective as I thought it would be. The fandyfire made a huge bloom on it. Which makes the laser aimer a thing I need to get.
View Quote

This is what you need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARut4-Ewqxw
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

@gaspain I watched your video, in the orchard and no ir the sionyx fell on its face very similar to what my older gen 2 d300 would do. Have you ever actually compared the sionyx side by side to a gen 3 in that same type situation ie lighting level?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By IAm4:

@gaspain I watched your video, in the orchard and no ir the sionyx fell on its face very similar to what my older gen 2 d300 would do. Have you ever actually compared the sionyx side by side to a gen 3 in that same type situation ie lighting level?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IAm4:

You didn't ask me, but I can comment.

Yes, in complete darkness and no IR, the SiOnyx doesn't do well.  We've talked about that since the beginning of this thread.
In the same situation, a PVS14 will do fine.  Leaps and bounds ahead of the SiOynx.
It's an apples to oranges comparison IMO....a $300 device vs a $3,000 device.  
But add a $20 IR light (like the FandyFire), and the SiOnyx is extremely capable.  Sure, supplementing IR light may not be what you want to do in certain situations, but it's better than nothing.

I believe there's a side by side video in this thread somewhere showing an Aurora vs a PVS14.  Not sure what page it's on.  You can also YouTube some videos, there are several there including this

Sionyx Aurora & PVS-14 Comparisons

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
You didn't ask me, but I can comment.

View Quote

I know, I have seen most of this thread and videos. It was a more of a direct question to him. I do appreciate you chiming in, as in the more info the better. And I doubt most guys looking for info are going to read 70 plus pages so keeping important info updated is very important.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Can anyone recommend a cheap mlok mount for the fandyfire IR? If I'm reading the ad measurements correctly, the flashlight body is too small for a regular 1" mount right?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey I all I’m super new and just wanted to share I saw a pro for 857 with a coupon code on campsaver.com.  I just wanted to pass along a deal.   Cheers !!
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By AR15travis:
Can anyone recommend a cheap mlok mount for the fandyfire IR? If I'm reading the ad measurements correctly, the flashlight body is too small for a regular 1" mount right?
View Quote

the body is 24.67mm, or 0.97"
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#49]

the body is 24.67mm, or 0.97"
View Quote

Is this the correct one?

They're saying the widest point is .84" at the head.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By AR15travis:
View Quote
I have my FandyFire in 1" Weaver brand rings I got from Walmart for like $7 or $8. They work fine.  In your case you would need a picatinny to mlok adapter if you are trying to mount on a gun.
Page / 121
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top