User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 121
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR15travis:

Is this the correct one?

They're saying the widest point is .84" at the head.
View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
mine is mounted in a throw away china 30mm ring with the 1" inserts and it fits fine. wish I could print or find a better mount but I'm still looking. a set of Zee signature rings would be cool you could angle it where you want it and lock it down.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:15:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#3]
Originally Posted By TNVC:

Correction. The Photonis tubes see 1064 but they are designed for higher power lasers in this band.
View Quote

hmmm I think they may tail out to that part of the spectrum and can see a 2% relative to total signal - see Photonis tube wavelength response curves below and in reality, there aren't to many people walking around with IZLIDs.  

The diagram on the left of the image is part of the Photonis range note the massive drop off in sensitivity at 900nm.  Having said that I believe the 4G tube can reach out to 1100nm.  

Also note AR mode does not work on an iphone 11 - Aurora and iphone won't pair.  This has been passed on to the engineering dept.  Sionyx have been responsive but I'm still somewhat surprised that they didn't work on newest first and then develop the level of backward compatibility they were prepared to support. I expect it will be fixed before the final release of the pro.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#4]
For anyone that is thinking about
weapon mounting a Fandy or a
Bestsun, keep in mind that these
lights were probably not designed
to be recoil rated, so their life in
such a role is questionable, IMO,
both for the electronics and the
mechanics in the zoom head. I
could more readily see limited use
on a semi 9mm or .22, but on a
.556?, not so much.

I would be surprised & pleased to
be wrong.

I pocket carry one to mimic my EDC
of my TAC-35 while in my NOD gear,
and I will helmet mount one when I
need to.

YMMV, FYI, etc, etc....

Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I was going to post a "yup" ^ but then I went and looked at mine just to be sure of some things. Amazingly, that Fandy is double sprung - I thought for sure it had direct contact with the Driver - nope. Back spring (really a Brass/Copper button w/spring inside) seems a tad light, but for $20, run a couple hundred rounds through it, to test, LOL! A wrap of E-Tape on the head would stop any possible sliding, I would think. Really kludgey though - I couldn't imagine trying to juggle Illum and LASER from two different devices even with a switch (although I know a lot do) - with no switch and just the tail-cap, not for me
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:
I was going to post a "yup" ^ but then I went and looked at mine just to be sure of some things. Amazingly, that Fandy is double sprung - I thought for sure it had direct contact with the Driver - nope. Back spring (really a Brass/Copper button w/spring inside) seems a tad light, but for $20, run a couple hundred rounds through it, to test, LOL! A wrap of E-Tape on the head would stop any possible sliding, I would think. Really kludgey though - I couldn't imagine trying to juggle Illum and LASER from two different devices even with a switch (although I know a lot do) - with no switch and just the tail-cap, not for me
View Quote

could try something even kludgey(ier?)

FireTail!
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I am finally looking into NV.  Admittedly I am numb now to Pinnacle, Hz, FPS, hi-res, 648765x54653/3566.   I am sure many have gotten to that point.  To be honest I have been looking for the chink in the armor of the Scionyx.  I had not been able to do so whe you factor the cost into it.  
However one thing that has held me back on some of the thermals was all of the electronics packed it.  I mean yeah it's cool to record your hunt directly to your phone via Bluetooth, and then onto Facebook.  But what is the trade off fro that?  If it is wi/Fi, or Bluetooth, it may be open to hacking.  Like the few stories about baby monitors.

Which brings me to the FRIEND FINDER (goto about the 9 minn Mark) part of the Scionyx.    For true OPSEC should that be a deal killer?  Biological hacking, as in a fellow tam member giving out access codes, could even be an issue.  And the larger your organization the more prone is is to happen.  

Anyway I was just going to pull the trigger on the scionyx and a flir scout model when I saw the video.  Am I being irrational?

I apologize if security encryption has already been addressed in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 8:59:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Banditman] [#8]
Originally Posted By disparcher91:
I am finally looking into NV.  Admittedly I am numb now to Pinnacle, Hz, FPS, hi-res, 648765x54653/3566.   I am sure many have gotten to that point.  To be honest I have been looking for the chink in the armor of the Scionyx.  I had not been able to do so whe you factor the cost into it.  
However one thing that has held me back on some of the thermals was all of the electronics packed it.  I mean yeah it's cool to record your hunt directly to your phone via Bluetooth, and then onto Facebook.  But what is the trade off fro that?  If it is wi/Fi, or Bluetooth, it may be open to hacking.  Like the few stories about baby monitors.

Which brings me to the FRIEND FINDER (goto about the 9 minn Mark) part of the Scionyx.    For true OPSEC should that be a deal killer?  Biological hacking, as in a fellow tam member giving out access codes, could even be an issue.  And the larger your organization the more prone is is to happen.  

Anyway I was just going to pull the trigger on the scionyx and a flir scout model when I saw the video.  Am I being irrational?

View Quote

Just turn off the wifi
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

Just turn off the wifi
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Banditman:

Just turn off the wifi

If it's that easy then good.  I had looked around but not found the question asked.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Am I being irrational?
View Quote

Since you asked... IMO your tinfoil is too tight.

First, all of the optics I've seen with wifi/bluetooth are used on local networks, not with a direct connection to the internet. If they require internet access they do it via a mobile device. So any kind of remote hacking would be through your mobile device, not the optic. Anything on your local network is within distance to shoot.

Second, if you think hacking may be a critical issue, then you're looking at the wrong devices. There are drawbacks with digital NV that will come into play far sooner and more directly than the device being hacked.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I am finally looking into NV... To be honest I have been looking for the chink in the armor of the Sionyx. I had not been able to do so when you factor the cost into it.  
...If it is wi/Fi, or Bluetooth, it may be open to hacking. Am I being irrational?

View Quote

The chink with the Classic, Sport, and Black - are that you will need to supplement with IR sooner, than you would if you had a traditional intensifier tube device. Another possible chink is the EVF pixel refresh rate while panning/tilting above a certain speed - it "blurs" (unless you are looking at an object that is also moving, then it would be in focus, but the background would blur). Whether or not these are deal breakers, is entirely individual. There are some other minor ones like onboard battery life compared to CR123s, (which we get around with 10-15K mAh battery packs) etc... but the above two are the main ones that most traditional NV users notice when looking through one the first time. No one knows how the Pro will look, other than some reviews by solscud/Nick Chen.

The hacking is a non-issue IMO. Reasons above ^. Turn WiFi off/don't use the AR app if a nation state with ISR is trying to kill you (don't have a phone on you either ) I seem to remember a .mil Garmin Rhino fiasco in the early days of Iraq.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Just say this thread.
Thinking about buying the Aurora Black at $699 it looks like a good deal.

Some quick questions can you mount it on a US Kevlar like you can with PVS 7s? ( I already have a helmet with the PS 7 Mount)

How is it holding up on an AR15 platform? (I know it has been tested on a simulator and I've seen it used in hunting) Say after 1000 rounds?

Has anybody used it with IR Chem Lights? (IR Chem Lights are very good as trip flares)

I've had a lot of  experience with PVS 4s, 5s, and 7s. I always hated how the would wash out if a flare went of or and illumination round.

I scanned the thread and didn't see these address. Looks like the best bang for the dollars spent.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 7:44:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#13]
what actual mount do you have on your helmet? Rhino 1 or 2? its better helmet mounted IMO its not all that great weapon mounted.

if you do plan to weapon mount, what optic will you be putting it behind?
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#14]
OK guys.  I've been reading this thread for a while now.  You're all making my head spin.

I would like to do a sionyx dual camera setup on a kota outfitters PASGT HELMET.

can someone please give a no b.s. mounts for dummies assessment/list of items (other than the cameras) that I would need to get them mounted up?

Pretty please?  I don't even need links, just some names/or whatnot.  There is so much information here it's just confusing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 10:35:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AB602] [#15]
Originally Posted By riverrockar:
OK guys.  I've been reading this thread for a while now.  You're all making my head spin.

I would like to do a sionyx dual camera setup on a kota outfitters PASGT HELMET.

can someone please give a no b.s. mounts for dummies assessment/list of items (other than the cameras) that I would need to get them mounted up?

Pretty please?  I don't even need links, just some names/or whatnot.  There is so much information here it's just confusing.
View Quote

Wilcox PVS-15 Mounting Shoe

Norotos Rhino II Mount

gaspain Mk2 Adaptive Mount
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 12:50:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#16]

corrections/clarification:

that RHNO 2 mount is a bayonet style for J-arms, won't work with gaspains mount which requires a dovetail/shoe type like you also posted. The RHNO II can be modified by removing the bayonet socket and replacing it with a AKA2 dovetail socket. Or buy a RHNO II that comes with the socket, or a Wilcox L4 arm or Cadex arm.

also the gaspains MK2 comes with a dovetail/shoe.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 1:04:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#17]
I have links to everything you need in this video description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8UoS6hbjbE&t=28s

@riverrockar
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 2:11:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AB602] [#18]
Originally Posted By gaspain:

corrections/clarification:

that RHNO 2 mount is a bayonet style for J-arms, won't work with gaspains mount which requires a dovetail/shoe type like you also posted. The RHNO II can be modified by removing the bayonet socket and replacing it with a AKA2 dovetail socket. Or buy a RHNO II that comes with the socket, or a Wilcox L4 arm or Cadex arm.

also the gaspains MK2 comes with a dovetail/shoe.
View Quote

I forgot about the AKA2 dovetail socket, thank you for clarifying.  

ETA I just got the Mk2 mount, it's awesome.  Feels very sturdy.  I did swap the shoe it came with for the wilcox, no issues.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 2:34:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AlanBolin602:

I forgot about the AKA2 dovetail socket, thank you for clarifying.  

ETA I just got the Mk2 mount, it's awesome.  Feels very sturdy.  I did swap the shoe it came with for the wilcox, no issues.
View Quote

very cool, I didn't anticipate that users would swap them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 2:48:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By markmars:
Just say this thread.
Thinking about buying the Aurora Black at $699 it looks like a good deal.

Some quick questions can you mount it on a US Kevlar like you can with PVS 7s? ( I already have a helmet with the PS 7 Mount)

How is it holding up on an AR15 platform? (I know it has been tested on a simulator and I've seen it used in hunting) Say after 1000 rounds?

Has anybody used it with IR Chem Lights? (IR Chem Lights are very good as trip flares)

I've had a lot of  experience with PVS 4s, 5s, and 7s. I always hated how the would wash out if a flare went of or and illumination round.

I scanned the thread and didn't see these address. Looks like the best bang for the dollars spent.
View Quote

Yes, 1 or 2 can be helmet mounted. Gaspain detailed his stuff, above ^. Lion's Gear Solutions is another vendor that does everything except the mount. Third choice would be real deal Norotos and Wilcox stuff, and fourth, the CNC Aluminum Airsoft replica stuff. The best deal for a real Norotos RHINO II, is Ebay. Then you'd need a Dovetail Socket to replace the Bayonet socket, from TNVC or Own The Night, etc... If you decide to go real or replica, you'd also need a Wilcox M24 FLIR Shoe to attach to the camera, and the Wilcox Bridge for the SkeetIR. Look all that stuff over, pick a method, and come back if you need more help.

The Classic (or "OG" as I call it) and Black are recoil rated up to 5.56. They can work with an RDS or LVPO at 1x (with NV settings), as long as the Aurora is the first thing you look through. It doesn't work (at all or that well - no experience) as a Clip-On, where you look through your optic, and it looks through the Aurora. The eye relief on the Aurora, in order to see the entire display, is short - so low recoiling weapons are best. It works for "Passive Aiming" while helmet mounted, as long as you do all the normal PA stuff, like get your optics in tall enough mounts, or use Risers.

It see's IR up to 1100nm (and maybe 1150nm per new poster GroundhogOz) - so IR Chemlights are no problem. That is the one area where it blows traditional analog night vision, out of the water. It can see a B.E. Meters MAWL-CLAD, or a Core Survival Hel-Star 6 SWIR in "B1" Mode (1064nm) - still can't see "B2" Mode at 1550nm though It is *really good* with IR.

If you aren't using IR, and get to an area where you need it and click on an a helmet mounted IR source that illuminates the entire FOV, the Aurora will go "all white" for about 1/4-1/2 second as it adjusts. Using an IR illuminator on a LAM is seamless.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

See my reply to markmars
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#22]

See my reply to markmars
View Quote

Thanks so much guys, it’s pretty confusing if you haven’t been down this road before.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
what actual mount do you have on your helmet? Rhino 1 or 2? its better helmet mounted IMO its not all that great weapon mounted.

if you do plan to weapon mount, what optic will you be putting it behind?
View Quote

Military surplus from 15 years ago. AR15 with 18 inch barrel 1 and 9 twist.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Yes, 1 or 2 can be helmet mounted. Gaspain detailed his stuff, above ^. Lion's Gear Solutions is another vendor that does everything except the mount. Third choice would be real deal Norotos and Wilcox stuff, and fourth, the CNC Aluminum Airsoft replica stuff. The best deal for a real Norotos RHINO II, is Ebay. Then you'd need a Dovetail Socket to replace the Bayonet socket, from TNVC or Own The Night, etc... If you decide to go real or replica, you'd also need a Wilcox M24 FLIR Shoe to attach to the camera, and the Wilcox Bridge for the SkeetIR. Look all that stuff over, pick a method, and come back if you need more help.

The Classic (or "OG" as I call it) and Black are recoil rated up to 5.56. They can work with an RDS or LVPO at 1x (with NV settings), as long as the Aurora is the first thing you look through. It doesn't work (at all or that well - no experience) as a Clip-On, where you look through your optic, and it looks through the Aurora. The eye relief on the Aurora, in order to see the entire display, is short - so low recoiling weapons are best. It works for "Passive Aiming" while helmet mounted, as long as you do all the normal PA stuff, like get your optics in tall enough mounts, or use Risers.

It see's IR up to 1100nm (and maybe 1150nm per new poster GroundhogOz) - so IR Chemlights are no problem. That is the one area where it blows traditional analog night vision, out of the water. It can see a B.E. Meters MAWL-CLAD, or a Core Survival Hel-Star 6 SWIR in "B1" Mode (1064nm) - still can't see "B2" Mode at 1550nm though It is *really good* with IR.

If you aren't using IR, and get to an area where you need it and click on an a helmet mounted IR source that illuminates the entire FOV, the Aurora will go "all white" for about 1/4-1/2 second as it adjusts. Using an IR illuminator on a LAM is seamless.
View Quote

Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Okay so I'm thinking about buying the black,  is there a reason why you would want it on a helmet mount over just mounting it on your rifle?
I'm thinking of putting it on an ar-15 in front of a vortex Strikefire , any reason why that wouldn't work? I'm totally new to night vision but I really like the features on the black. I could wait for the pro to be in stock if it's that much better.

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By blackrifledan:
Okay so I'm thinking about buying the black,  is there a reason why you would want it on a helmet mount over just mounting it on your rifle?
I'm thinking of putting it on an ar-15 in front of a vortex Strikefire , any reason why that wouldn't work? I'm totally new to night vision but I really like the features on the black. I could wait for the pro to be in stock if it's that much better.

View Quote

Being able to see without looking down a rifle.

By in front do you mean the Aurora is between your eye and the red dot, or is the red dot between your eye and the Aurora? The first way is the way to go if for some reason you want it weapon mounted.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

I don't think you can put it in front of an optic.  You'd have to put it behind an optic.  

Think of it this way:  It's a camera, and a video screen.  You know how you can set up a digital camera in one place, and the video screen for it can be somewhere else?  Same thing here.  They've mounted 'em lined up, but I don't think there's any guarantee that they're PERFECTLY lined up.  So, if you put your dot on the target in the screen, is that actually lining your rifle bore up with the target?

But if you point your Sionyx at your red dot, and your red dot is on target (and you've sighted it in), then you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks again everyone for the help.  Everything's ordered, just playing the waiting game now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

My thoughts are that you can use it with ANY gun if it's helmet mounted.  I guess the best thing to do would be get both?
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Okay makes sense. If it's helmet mounted you have the ability to look around without having to look through the scope.
That's what I was looking for, good advice and I thank you,  now I need to start looking at the different types of helmets and mounts. Even the cheaper night vision gets expensive when you start looking at all of the options out there.
I'm gonna follow this thread for a while and decide what will work best for my use.
Thanks to all for answering my questions and I appreciate it.
Dan
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#31]
I would have mounted it between me and the scope, but I didn't really know that before the responses I've gotten. Thanks again for your time helping me out

Dan
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#32]
The problem with the rifle mounting question, is "in front of" means different things, to different people

Eye>Aurora>RDS/LVPO
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Okay makes sense. If it's helmet mounted you have the ability to look around without having to look through the scope.
That's what I was looking for, good advice and I thank you,  now I need to start looking at the different types of helmets and mounts. Even the cheaper night vision gets expensive when you start looking at all of the options out there.
I'm gonna follow this thread for a while and decide what will work best for my use.
Thanks to all for answering my questions and I appreciate it.
Dan
View Quote

I have an ATN x-sight scope, which is similar to the sionyx in that they are both cameras.  I was super excited to get the atn, but after using it a few times, I realized that scanning a field for coyotes is pretty difficult when it's firearm mounted.

For example, mounted to the gun means I have to support the full weight of the gun and the heavy optic.  Keeping all of that steady enough to spot game is challenging to say the least.  Using it gun mounted off of a bipod helps with the weight, but it only gives a very limited range of motion, before you have to pick up the system and move it, to get another limited range of motion.  

I was not as excited after I started using the atn.  It's nice for what it is, but it definitely has limitations.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Killoohm update:

I’ve been putting in some work on the range with the mk2 mount and dual sports. Total of about 4 hours shooting in no light conditions but I’ve ironed out some issues and gotten pretty proficient. I realized I was having trouble with weapons manipulation (reloads) so i spent some time doing fine motor skills training with the under the auroras. I can now make a world class Manhattan under nods and do a combat reload on a shotgun in a reasonable time.

I can honestly say that this set up is not only usable, I prefer it to gen 3 in urban environments where there is a lot of light sources and vehicle traffic but a lot of dark alleys and streets. My only concern is durability. I break things on the reg and that is the only concerning my end. Keep in mind, If I am worried about a dangerous biped with NV I will prob grab my thermal rifle scope and pvs14.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#35]
I forgot to mention, shooting a MRDS (indoors) with IR supplementation works okay with the RMR and a helmet mounted IR light in no light conditions. The two best options are weapon mounted IR and helmet mounted IR pointed downward or rearward. Pointing the IR upwards or forwards floods the gun with reflected IR and can wash out the MRDS. I’ll be doing some force on force with it next week so we’ll see how it compares in real life conditions.

Would there be any interest in a video showing the different lighting methods? Prob save a lot of time by showing which IR supplementations work and under what conditions.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I ordered the Black this morning so I'll let you guys know how I like it when it gets here.
Dan
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By new_frontier13:
I forgot to mention, shooting a MRDS (indoors) with IR supplementation works okay with the RMR and a helmet mounted IR light in no light conditions. The two best options are weapon mounted IR and helmet mounted IR pointed downward or rearward. Pointing the IR upwards or forwards floods the gun with reflected IR and can wash out the MRDS. I'll be doing some force on force with it next week so we'll see how it compares in real life conditions.

Would there be any interest in a video showing the different lighting methods? Prob save a lot of time by showing which IR supplementations work and under what conditions.
View Quote
I would like to see some videos of your setup and how you are using it.
Dan
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#38]

I have an ATN x-sight scope, which is similar to the sionyx in that they are both cameras.  I was super excited to get the atn, but after using it a few times, I realized that scanning a field for coyotes is pretty difficult when it's firearm mounted.

For example, mounted to the gun means I have to support the full weight of the gun and the heavy optic.  Keeping all of that steady enough to spot game is challenging to say the least.  Using it gun mounted off of a bipod helps with the weight, but it only gives a very limited range of motion, before you have to pick up the system and move it, to get another limited range of motion.  

I was not as excited after I started using the atn.  It's nice for what it is, but it definitely has limitations.
View Quote

A lot of guys use tripods to get around the weight and range of motion issues.

Obviously having a 2nd NV/thermal device works pretty nicely as well...
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Maverick52:

A lot of guys use tripods to get around the weight and range of motion issues.

Obviously having a 2nd NV/thermal device works pretty nicely as well...
View Quote

I also have the ATN X-Sight 4K, and also bought the BINOX 4K. The Binos work great for spotting and general viewing, then I get on the rifle with the X-Sight to get the job done. Works great!

I would be interested to see how the image quality compares between the ATN 4k and the Sionyx, but it appears no one has compared them?
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 6:41:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#40]
Originally Posted By deanrm:

I also have the ATN X-Sight 4K, and also bought the BINOX 4K. The Binos work great for spotting and general viewing, then I get on the rifle with the X-Sight to get the job done. Works great!

I would be interested to see how the image quality compares between the ATN 4k and the Sionyx, but it appears no one has compared them?
View Quote

Well, there are a ton of images in this thread, from full moon to w/IR only. I don't know how the X-Sight is, but the Aurora compresses images and videos down to 720p, and quite frankly they look like crap, compared to what you actually see on the EVF. Here's all the stuff on Imagur that I have, you'd have to look at your ATN stuff and compare...and again, real time viewing looks even better on the Aurora.

IR

Full Moon at a Night Shoot

Same shoot before Moon Rose

Full Moon, Color

Full Moon

No Moon at 25 and 50

Full Moon comparison to (I assume, based on owner) top of the line Analog

Pitch Black house under IR

**A lot of those are screen grabs from paused video, the two guys, sitting and standing were actual pictures, and anything with a target was video - I know that for sure**
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Pro's are shipping today - they met the "by the 30th" deadline, wooohooo!
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Got my sports today, just waiting for the sun to go away.

I was very impressed with the lights off/doors closed in the shop today.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 9:58:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: J_Wynn] [#43]

View Quote

Please update! I'm very interested, but was hoping to catch some kind of sale..where did you get yours, and was it $599 if you don't mind me asking?

I believe I saw a set of sports for $499 somewhere but wasn't sure if was legit.

I'd love to get one to upgrade from my cheap gen 1!
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#44]
so glad I found the OG green version on sale for 440 shipped. ( back before the price hike)
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm legit waiting for sales to hit... Wanting the 'pro' version... But don't wanna swallow that $1K price tag... Then a week from now they go on sale for like 800...
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Okay guys I got a shipping number on the Aurora black.
I'm thinking I'm gonna go with a helmet mount but I'm only going to run one unit until I see how I like it.
I'm looking at some airsoft helmets to get an idea about how much I'll use it.
Do I pretty much need everything you guys have listed for mounts even if I'm only running one? I have too many rifles to just use it on one so I like the idea of the helmet mount. I know I'll need risers for the Aimpoint comp4 and the Vortex Strikefire but how will it work with a Primary Arms 1x4x24 scope?
Any help is greatly appreciated, it's confusing getting into this for the first time.
Dan
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#47]
I forgot to add that I ordered the Fandy from Amazon and it will be here tomorrow. I run most of my lights on 18650 so batteries won't be an issue.
Dan
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 6:32:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gaspain] [#48]
@blackrifledan

Full list of stuff, in this video description. It won't copy paste for me so I just leave this link. https://youtu.be/y8UoS6hbjbE

and yes for the best experience get the battery/counterweight, and everything else listed

I will add, that the PTS MTEK Flux is reportedly the best bump helmet now. I ordered one, but shipping is slow. http://www.ptssyndicate.us/pts-mtek-flux-helmet/
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Thank you very much. Now it's just waiting for everything to get here.
Dan
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By J_Wynn:

Please update! I'm very interested, but was hoping to catch some kind of sale..where did you get yours, and was it $599 if you don't mind me asking?

I believe I saw a set of sports for $499 somewhere but wasn't sure if was legit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By J_Wynn:

Most of my stuff came from amazon, gaspain's youtube video was very helpful (thanks gaspain for doing this), follow the links.  Mine were both $600, plus tax and whatever.  I did however go for two of the batteries in gaspains link, I plan to use mine in cold weather coyote hunting, so that eats batteries pretty fast.  I also had to source the wilcox mount and pvs15/18 socket from ownthenight.com, since tnvc was out of stock on one of them.  With the way things are right now, I figured getting one in my hand for a little more cost was worth it, vs. waiting to see if it was in stock for a few bucks cheaper.  other than that, I'm a few days out from color night vision.
Page / 121
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top