Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:54:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeMilligan] [#1]
If anyone's looking for one of the elusive Otis cleaning kits, this place has them:

https://store.armyproperty.com/products/otis-cleaning-system-4-6mm-mp7-nsn-1005-01-605-8191.html

The sale price is four bucks more than the price the Otis website lists for agency purchases. These don't seem to be available on the Otis site although I haven't called Otis to see if they have any in stock.

Alternatively, there's one listed on gunbroker for $325
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:
If anyone's looking for one of the elusive Otis cleaning kits, this place has them:

https://store.armyproperty.com/products/otis-cleaning-system-4-6mm-mp7-nsn-1005-01-605-8191.html

The sale price is four bucks more than the price the Otis website lists for agency purchases. These don't seem to be available on the Otis site although I haven't called Otis to see if they have any in stock.

View Quote

Don't overlook the fine text at the bottom that says "30-day lead time."
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

They won’t deliver. They were discontinued by Otis. I bought their last stock for the T4.6’s. The kits have sold all the way up to $500 on GB so that pricing isn’t exactly out of line.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Confirmed by several on HKPro but you can call Otis and order straight from them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Nzfly:

They won’t deliver. They were discontinued by Otis. I bought their last stock for the T4.6’s. The kits have sold all the way up to $500 on GB so that pricing isn’t exactly out of line.
View Quote

Thanks but can you clarify this statement? Will a kit come with the T7?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

“Stock” might have been a confusing term, inventory would be more specific. They had to get the warehouse guys go and actually lay eyes on the number of remaining kits they had. I bought the remaining 14 kits. 10 of the kits were included in the T4.6’s custom cut hard cases along with the armorer’s tools. The T7 will not come with a kit, as the T4.6 were parts kit builds with prototype receivers.

Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
Confirmed by several on HKPro but you can call Otis and order straight from them.

They must have added it back on the menu, perhaps because of the CMMG chambered in 4.6. The dealer price list didn’t have them on it past 2021. So, either the guys on pro are fibbing or Otis has changed their mind.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#7]

“Stock” might have been a confusing term, inventory would be more specific. They had to get the warehouse guys go and actually lay eyes on the number of remaining kits they had. I bought the remaining 14 kits. 10 of the kits were included in the T4.6’s custom cut hard cases along with the armorer’s tools. The T7 will not come with a kit, as the T4.6 were parts kit builds with prototype receivers.

They must have added it back on the menu, perhaps because of the CMMG chambered in 4.6. The dealer price list didn’t have them on it past 2021. So, either the guys on pro are fibbing or Otis has changed their mind.
View Quote

Got it, thank you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:44:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Got it, thank you.
View Quote

I bought one from Otis about a month ago. It only took 2 weeks to ship, even though the website said 6-8 weeks. I did have to call the order in.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Hecklerjones:

I bought one from Otis about a month ago. It only took 2 weeks to ship, even though the website said 6-8 weeks. I did have to call the order in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hecklerjones:

Got it, thank you.

I called Otis and the nice customer service girl told me the kits are for sale on the site now - item number MFG-110-46

Just ordered one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link to the MP7 kits:
Coupon code: WELCOME10 for 10% off

https://otistec.com/4-6mm-mp7-cleaning-kit/
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 6:12:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#12]
Originally Posted By KCGewehr:
Link to the MP7 kits:

View Quote
Just ordered!

I'll see your 10% and raise you 20%

THANKYOU20

Link Posted: 5/30/2024 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KCGewehr:
Link to the MP7 kits:

View Quote

I just bought another one, because one is none and two is one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I did order one but they came back immediately and refunded saying it was unavailable.

But then I did order from Otis directly through the new link.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Got a cleaning kit ordered, any other goodies I need to pick up before the t7 arrives? Still debating on a optic
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 10:37:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#16]
Originally Posted By Dhall0101:
Got a cleaning kit ordered, any other goodies I need to pick up before the t7 arrives? Still debating on a optic
View Quote
Cleaning kit was a deal for sure, I think $63 after 20% off coupon.

I ordered some airsoft sights from Hong Kong for $80 that'll get me through until regular priced mp7 sights are available if I even bother. They seem pretty decent from other reports. I already have the Zpoint/RSA red dot for it on my M11/9.

i picked up an airsoft MP7a1 rear sling mount to test out, but will likely use either the magpul qd sling mount or the loop for a single point. Then Steiner CQBL and Vampire w/modbutton combo for IR/Light. B&T can when I decide whether I like the mp7 enough to keep, I have like 11 pdw/sub machine gun style things mix of f/a and semi going on, space is at a premium on my gun wall.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Seems like every accessory associated with the MP7/T7 is sold out except for the flip grip and cleaning kits.

I'd focus on the optic search, and I'm watching this thread and the HKPRO thread for info on the best optic mount that can co-witness with backup sites.

Link Posted: 5/31/2024 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
First report on a pre-production model on HK forum says their gun was FTF and FTE with fiocchi but worked with 15 rounds of hornady black.

I only have fiocchi ammo so makes me a bit nervous.
View Quote

The majority of all guns I’ve ever owned needed about 100-200 rounds to break in. I imagine it’s about the exact same issue and lack of lubricant.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I think someone on hkpro said tom suggested the griffin mk2 sights if you didn't want to go for hks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#21]
First report on a pre-production model on HK forum says their gun was FTF and FTE with fiocchi but worked with 15 rounds of hornady black.

I only have fiocchi ammo so makes me a bit nervous.
View Quote

Regarding the FTE, the pressure of the Fiocchi (FMJ or JSP) vs any other offerings (Hornady, S&B, or RUAG) is anywhere from 150 MPa to 275 MPa less. Hornady has the highest pressure. But when you consider Hornady was toping the scale at approximately 375 MPa the Fiocchi numbers are rather shocking.

Regarding the FTF, JSP will always be an issue feeding. The Hornady should be more reliable than a lead point, but still more friction than FMJ.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#23]

@Nzfly do you have an ammo you recommend?

I only stocked the fiocchi JSP
View Quote

The S&B FMJ had virtually the same pressures as the Hornady. People need to start hammering S&B, and RUAG to offer more - long shot thought.

https://trueshotammo.com/ammunition/rifle-ammo/4-6x30-ammo/sellier-bellot/sellier-bellot-4-6x30-hk-40-grain-fmj/?attribute_pa_quantity=2400
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Thank you. Bought some of that and some hornady black to try.

Assuming I got one because my card was charged even though I never got an email hopefully just because I used a yahoo email.
View Quote

These guys have some interesting rounds. Their FPS exceed the Hornady.

https://www.vanguardoutfittersllc.com/46x30-custom-ammo/x30-pre-order-ammo-1476/vanguard-outfitters-46x30-exp-expanding-31-grain-4943369
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 6:59:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#26]
Set up instock notices people and use your phone number as the email so they come as a text. Just check your provider, usually something like [email protected], mile high shooting had 40rd mags for $89.95 Gone in seconds, don't get greedy and try order 50, go for two smaller orders after
The first one goes through. Hopefully my 15 ship. Done with mags! Maybe to trade for a 20rd one and some 30s

I've found I get the fake email texts way faster than the emails through att and alerts me instantly.

hopefully more vendors get stock. Nature is healing!
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 7:31:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover] [#27]
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jt526:
…don't get greedy and try order 50… Hopefully my 15 ship. …
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#29]
I’ll probably get some 40 rounders from the second large drop Hk sends. The first large drop will be sold out with guys who lived through the AWB buying 30, and then 28 of them will sit unopened in their packaging forever.

Yeah I’ve been around this gun hobby for a while.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#30]
I’ll probably get some 40 rounders from the second large drop Hk sends. The first large drop will be sold out with guys who lived through the AWB buying 30, and then 28 of them will sit unopened in their packaging forever.

View Quote

This sounds 100% spot on.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#31]
I'll probably get some 40 rounders from the second large drop Hk sends. The first large drop will be sold out with guys who lived through the AWB buying 30, and then 28 of them will sit unopened in their packaging forever.

Yeah I've been around this gun hobby for a while.
View Quote
Bro, were you there in the gun store back in the long long ago when I paid $120 for sig p228 "National" or "USA" some shitty worse than promag brand? Those shitty mags would be $250 in today's money. I finally just tossed them in for free when I sold something a couple years back. I am still bitter.

but yeah nailed it. AWB, never forget, kicked in just before I bought my first gun from a gun store at 21.

I'll probably open 5.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By mah827:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mah827:

IMHO, that’s being charitable.

People will buy 30 to sell 20 at a profit.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#33]
I ordered 3, I’ll be happy to get any.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#36]

One Reddit pic of Slade shooting one of these and the FDE version will be the new hotness.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#37]

I've got a black T7 on the way, but all these cool RAL pics make me wonder if I should get a tan one too... I was reminded of a photo I snapped back in 2016: I'd never seen tan ones before so took a pic. These were well before the RAL ones were "common".

Eh, I always liked the classic black ones too.  :)
My uber-rare green ammo crate full of unobtainium Radway Green and I await whatever color shows up.  :)

Link Posted: 6/9/2024 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By kel:

I've got a black T7 on the way, but all these cool RAL pics make me wonder if I should get a tan one too... I was reminded of a photo I snapped back in 2016: I'd never seen tan ones before so took a pic. These were well before the RAL ones were "common".
https://i.imgur.com/3BkPEN1.jpeg

Eh, I always liked the classic black ones too.  :)
My uber-rare green ammo crate full of unobtainium Radway Green and I await whatever color shows up.  :)
https://i.imgur.com/qS0AFm3.jpeg

View Quote

Where was the top photo taken?
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 8:44:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kel] [#39]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
Where was the top photo taken?
View Quote

One of the times I was up at HK's offices in Virginia.
(At the time, I'm like "interesting rails", right? My (black) MP7 machineguns I bought in 2005 all had the folding grip, I'd never seen tan and I'd never seen the rails. I think these might have been in processing going through inspection before going out to some customers.)
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:04:31 AM EDT
[#40]
What light/laser you all going to be running on these? Making another order tonight
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#41]
What light/laser you all going to be running on these? Making another order tonight
View Quote
I'm going for either a cqbl+vampire setup off the right  or the Rayvon GL4 Surefire clone. $299 for it+visible is an attractive prospect instead of tacking another grand on the side
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

FP RAID X
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 3:56:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#44]

Those look really good.
View Quote
We'll see, using wikiarms I just ordered the Surefire RSR-sr07 switch for it for $79 shipped, and a defense distributed version for $325 shipped, so $404 is way less than the cqbl+vampire+echoarms+Modlite button I have on one of my 300blk guns. But the cqbl is more correct I suppose. But either way I needed another setup and wanted to try the gl4. I skipped the full power version, that much "eff your eyes" in a small package is a little too scary for me on a subgun/pdw.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

The original MP7 accessory package included Rheinmetall/Orelikon LLM01 as the light/laser module. The subsequent LM-D was an improvement though sacrificing the white light.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#47]
In 2024, nods and passive is what keeps you alive.

My home defense AR still has white light but a raid gun like this has a slightly different use case.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#48]
So…uh….did anybody get one?

Silence in this thread after the first release.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By fike:

View Quote

According to the thread on hkpro they’re just starting to ship now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By fike:

View Quote

I received my order is complete email but no tracking yet.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top