Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor
Previous Page
/ 158
Next Page
11/17/2023 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
What's the big benefit of onewrap over wtfix straps that I bought with my esstac pouches years ago? I have onewrap for when/if they fail but haven't needed to replace them.
View Quote


Less wiggle/slop, much less hassle, nearly instant on and off, cheaper, lower profile, lighter.
11/17/2023 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That and you can mount items exactly where you want them as opposed to choosing the closest ideal slot.
11/21/2023 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Stuck with making a decision for my belt.

I’m having trouble deciding on a Safariland holster.  So many options.  

I keep seeing UBL listed here in the thread but can’t seem to find that.

Also not sure what height or even retention type id prefer.

Belt mounted for a g17 w/light
Ease of use while wearing a PC is also important.  


Any advice is appreciated.
11/21/2023 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:
Stuck with making a decision for my belt.
I’m having trouble deciding on a Safariland holster.  So many options.  
I keep seeing UBL listed here in the thread but can’t seem to find that.
Also not sure what height or even retention type id prefer.
Belt mounted for a g17 w/light
Ease of use while wearing a PC is also important.  
Any advice is appreciated.
View Quote

UBL is the regular drop and offset mount you see with safarilands. Mid-ride is about the best general preference. I believe the 6930 series holsters are the ones that come ready for glocks with lights. If you want a good basic starter holster for a belt, the Trex arms ones are pretty good and show all the mounting options you can get. Midwest Tactical solutions also has good offerings that you can order everything at once.
RS Callsign Mayhem Midget
"I'll come for the killing and stay for the cheesecake"

SSgt Jason A Decker. 11/6/09
11/21/2023 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Originally Posted By stoner01:

UBL is the regular drop and offset mount you see with safarilands. Mid-ride is about the best general preference. I believe the 6930 series holsters are the ones that come ready for glocks with lights. If you want a good basic starter holster for a belt, the Trex arms ones are pretty good and show all the mounting options you can get. Midwest Tactical solutions also has good offerings that you can order everything at once.
View Quote



Thanks for the help.  Checking out T. rex arms website actually explains the Safariland options better than their own site does lol.
I understand it all much better now, so thanks for the pointer to go there.
11/21/2023 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:



Thanks for the help.  Checking out T. rex arms website actually explains the Safariland options better than their own site does lol.
I understand it all much better now, so thanks for the pointer to go there.
View Quote

RS Callsign Mayhem Midget
"I'll come for the killing and stay for the cheesecake"

SSgt Jason A Decker. 11/6/09
11/21/2023 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I need help. My HSGI battle belt has two rows of MOLLE, I'm trying to find the right Safariland attachments to hook a holster to the two MOLLE slots. I feel like the MLA is too long and will hang down. Pics make it look like it's made for 3 or 4 rows of MOLLE.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
11/21/2023 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cXpSRi3x:
I need help. My HSGI battle belt has two rows of MOLLE, I'm trying to find the right Safariland attachments to hook a holster to the two MOLLE slots. I feel like the MLA is too long and will hang down. Pics make it look like it's made for 3 or 4 rows of MOLLE.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
View Quote

The safariland molle adapter is meant for IBA or vest type mounting. Teo rows on a belt should still fit in the UBL
RS Callsign Mayhem Midget
"I'll come for the killing and stay for the cheesecake"

SSgt Jason A Decker. 11/6/09
11/21/2023 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By stoner01:

The safariland molle adapter is meant for IBA or vest type mounting. Teo rows on a belt should still fit in the UBL
View Quote

Thanks.

I feel like the padded belt would be too tall to fit in the UBL. I'll take a harder look at that though. Thanks!
11/22/2023 2:26:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gatorvet][Edited] [#10]
Moved
11/24/2023 2:49:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gatorvet][Edited] [#11]
Moved
11/24/2023 8:32:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PistoleroJesse][Edited] [#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cXpSRi3x:
I need help. My HSGI battle belt has two rows of MOLLE, I'm trying to find the right Safariland attachments to hook a holster to the two MOLLE slots. I feel like the MLA is too long and will hang down. Pics make it look like it's made for 3 or 4 rows of MOLLE.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
View Quote

Is this your belt?

If so you should be able to go around the inner belt through a slot in the outer belt and skip the molle.

ETA: Like This, but with a drop and and offset of your choosing. I used Safariland UBL mid. It should work just fine.
11/26/2023 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Harv24:
I think a $225 belt is crazy stupid. There only so many ways to make a belt and with only so many choices of material.
I still think the best bang for the buck going is the Belts that AWS makes. (Makes them for Ronin as well)

There reaches a point of diminishing returns where you're just paying more then is needed to obtain a good quality belt. Just my $.02
View Quote



This ^

Buying a label to me doesn't make sense.
Like paying $400 plus for pants.
Quality doesn't necessarily mean more money.

What's the saying, fool's and money ?
12/1/2023 11:42:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Supposing you’re not wearing a PC, and trauma shears won’t fit into your ifak, where would you stash them?
12/1/2023 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#15]
See if they'll jam securely into the webbing behind your IFAK.
12/1/2023 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#16]
No webbing, Esstac belt. I have a Trex med pouch at 6. It threads on so there is molle or Velcro.
12/1/2023 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
No webbing, Esstac belt. I have a Trex med pouch at 6. It threads on so there is molle or Velcro.
View Quote

Give us pictures in a picture thread so we can help you out.

I went from this:


To this:
12/3/2023 10:59:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GingerShanks][Edited] [#18]
A work in progress.



Haven’t had the chance to really play with it yet as I’ll be waiting on my holster for another several weeks and probably waiting on the pistol for another several weeks after that. I can already say this will be more ideal than my previous shit.

12/8/2023 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Like a few members here I'm stuck on my choice of belt. For those of you that have or have used the Esstac or the AWS LAB belt,which do you prefer? What are some of the pros and cons of each? They both look good to me. It would be for range use or the occasional outing in the hills. Also if anyone has any discount codes for either place it would be appreciated.
12/8/2023 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Is molle a requirement?
12/8/2023 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
Is molle a requirement?
View Quote

No it is not. Sorry for not including that.
12/8/2023 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I’m not an expert on anything, but, I’ve never regretted buying anything from Esstac. I haven’t had chance to get out with this belt yet, but it was far easier to set up.
12/8/2023 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I’ve got four different ones. Unless I look at the label, I can’t tell much difference. I only use mine when I go into the woods which is pretty often. I try to have no more on there than necessary.
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
12/9/2023 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#24]
@esstac
I just ordered one of your enhanced belts. Does the inner belt have hook or loop fastener facing out?
12/10/2023 12:25:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 71Camaro:
@esstac
I just ordered one of your enhanced belts. Does the inner belt have hook or loop fastener facing out?
View Quote

Loop on the inner
12/10/2023 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By esstac-:

Loop on the inner
View Quote

Thank you. I look forward to getting the belt.
12/19/2023 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Attached File


Got a Esstac belt setup for Colamas, Now I need to move my iFak from my old belt and get some kiwis

What is the preferred setup?
"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you." - Thomas Jefferson
VCDL Member
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT and damn PROUD to be! : Arfcom Callsign "Bucket 2"
12/19/2023 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425704/IMG_0485_jpeg-3064718.JPG

Got a Esstac belt setup for Colamas, Now I need to move my iFak from my old belt and get some kiwis

What is the preferred setup?
View Quote

The best way to set it up is do it wrong and stu will fix it at CW while breaking your balls. It's not like asstec includes instructions, not that I would read them
Silent Brigade 1-20-20
12/19/2023 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425704/IMG_0485_jpeg-3064718.JPG

Got a Esstac belt setup for Colamas, Now I need to move my iFak from my old belt and get some kiwis

What is the preferred setup?
View Quote

Double pistol kywi gap

Two midlength rifle kywi

Whatever else you want
Originally Posted By PeepEater:
You bought ammo with jibber jabber on the label and are surprised it was corrosive?

Knight of Wonder
12/20/2023 1:39:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PistoleroJesse][Edited] [#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
Supposing you’re not wearing a PC, and trauma shears won’t fit into your ifak, where would you stash them?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
Supposing you’re not wearing a PC, and trauma shears won’t fit into your ifak, where would you stash them?


Referring to this...

Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
A work in progress.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505129/IMG_4187-3051090.jpg

Haven’t had the chance to really play with it yet as I’ll be waiting on my holster for another several weeks and probably waiting on the pistol for another several weeks after that. I can already say this will be more ideal than my previous shit.



If this is a training rig, maybe you could downsize your shear size? I usually buy the 5" kind. But I'm not the dude who has been there and done that either. Then there are also less tactical medical shears like this that really pack down.
12/20/2023 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, just a range/training belt. I grabbed one of the cheap shear pouches from DM and attached it inside the clamshell. It’s a sleeve with velcro on both sides. I flattened everything out in the kit and messed with shear angles until everything fit.
12/20/2023 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ORjeepguy:

Crappy little pouch just orgasmed.
I can't unsee it.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185965/53290016992_98e86d4b89_b_jpg-3010736.JPG
View Quote


I would make that my avatar!
12/20/2023 9:11:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierradyne][Edited] [#33]
Wrong thread..
12/21/2023 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
A work in progress.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505129/IMG_4187-3051090.jpg

Haven’t had the chance to really play with it yet as I’ll be waiting on my holster for another several weeks and probably waiting on the pistol for another several weeks after that. I can already say this will be more ideal than my previous shit.

View Quote


What thigh strap is that? I use the Safariland drop like this on my belt, wouldnt hate to have a strap sometimes.
12/21/2023 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Would it be better to buy suspenders or make my own for my belt under A PC?
I've seen better riots at Walmart on a black Friday - SrBenelli
12/21/2023 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
Would it be better to buy suspenders or make my own for my belt under A PC?
View Quote


HSGI or ATS low-profile suspenders are cheap.

That being said, if you have the materials, equipment, know-how, and a little time, go for it. Suspenders aren't rocket surgery.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
12/21/2023 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By mediumdaddy:


What thigh strap is that? I use the Safariland drop like this on my belt, wouldnt hate to have a strap sometimes.
View Quote


Trex arms. My first go round with a leg strap so nothing to compare it to.
12/21/2023 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:


Trex arms. My first go round with a leg strap so nothing to compare it to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
Originally Posted By mediumdaddy:


What thigh strap is that? I use the Safariland drop like this on my belt, wouldnt hate to have a strap sometimes.


Trex arms. My first go round with a leg strap so nothing to compare it to.

I like my trex strap over a repurposed safariland one. Much more comfortable for that particular rig.
RS Callsign Mayhem Midget
"I'll come for the killing and stay for the cheesecake"

SSgt Jason A Decker. 11/6/09
12/28/2023 11:54:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez][Edited] [#39]
Current "low-pro" (I use that very loosely) work belt

Attached File
12/28/2023 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
Current "low-pro" (I use that very loosely) work belt

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/signal-2023-12-28-18-47-13-737_jpg-3073573.JPG
View Quote

Very loosely...
RS Callsign Mayhem Midget
"I'll come for the killing and stay for the cheesecake"

SSgt Jason A Decker. 11/6/09
12/28/2023 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I found an old set of clamp on suspenders the other day. I put them on my belt and man what a difference.
I've seen better riots at Walmart on a black Friday - SrBenelli
12/28/2023 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Last piece.
12/29/2023 1:28:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Attached File


Here is my belt setup so far, still a work in progress. Need to get a rifle mag pouch, move over my ifak pouch, & finish getting my Glock/holster setup

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you." - Thomas Jefferson
VCDL Member
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT and damn PROUD to be! : Arfcom Callsign "Bucket 2"
12/29/2023 2:22:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425704/IMG_0498_jpeg-3074401.JPG

Here is my belt setup so far, still a work in progress. Need to get a rifle mag pouch, move over my ifak pouch, & finish getting my Glock/holster setup

View Quote

Looks good.
12/29/2023 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425704/IMG_0498_jpeg-3074401.JPG

Here is my belt setup so far, still a work in progress. Need to get a rifle mag pouch, move over my ifak pouch, & finish getting my Glock/holster setup

View Quote

Also you need M81 Pig Gloves

Originally Posted By PeepEater:
You bought ammo with jibber jabber on the label and are surprised it was corrosive?

Knight of Wonder
12/29/2023 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Also you need M81 Pig Gloves

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20231228_190438-3074500.jpg
View Quote
Tactical
"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you." - Thomas Jefferson
VCDL Member
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT and damn PROUD to be! : Arfcom Callsign "Bucket 2"
12/29/2023 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone have experience with AWS belts?
12/30/2023 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Double pistol kywi gap

Two midlength rifle kywi

Whatever else you want
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425704/IMG_0485_jpeg-3064718.JPG

Got a Esstac belt setup for Colamas, Now I need to move my iFak from my old belt and get some kiwis

What is the preferred setup?

Double pistol kywi gap

Two midlength rifle kywi

Whatever else you want


For rifle mags, I’m gonna go against the grain and recommend a basic single or double flap pouch that rides lower. Not as fast, but infinitely more comfortable, particularly if you’ve got a muffin top.

Really loving the Trex speed belt, though Ciguera’s emissary inner belt is less than ideal due to the buckle design, hard to get it just tight enough to allow the outer belt to cinch down where it needs to be to keep the kywis from jacking the belt up on the draw, without bunching up the inner belt around the buckle, or cinching down the inner belt uncomfortably tight. It’s damn good as an EDC belt, though, even the lite one holds up a 92 and mags pretty well.

For suspenders, velcro loop CTM (4-point) or Welch (3-point Y-back, stiffer elastic) are the best options I’ve found, can be had from amazon, walmart, etc. Cut off the goofy nylon/velcro loops at the bottom, replace with two sections of 1” onewrap on each leg of the suspenders.
12/30/2023 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:
Anyone have experience with AWS belts?
View Quote

I do. Mine’s great. AWS is also supposedly the manufacturer for Ronin belts.
Dildos don't even make me raise an eyebrow anymore... you've got to have something a whole lot weirder than that in your rectum if you want to impress me. - TheGrayMan
12/30/2023 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:
Anyone have experience with AWS belts?
View Quote



Been using a LAB belt for a year +. I don’t have the molle panels; I just use one wrap to attach pouches.  

I like it, especially for the price.  I had an Esstac belt that I gave to a friend that needed a belt.  It was fine, but the AWS seems a little bit stiffer. The inner belt is also stiff.

I’m using a Wilder 1.5” inner belt with a cute little cobra buckle.

Sizing is definitely based on pants size. I am a 34 and went with a large first, ignoring their advice. It was too big. Medium is just fine.

If you need molle, the SMU belt looks good. They have sales on those often.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 158
Next Page
Armory Sponsor