Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor
Previous Page
/ 158
Next Page
12/30/2023 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Vaquero:



Been using a LAB belt for a year +. I don’t have the molle panels; I just use one wrap to attach pouches.  

I like it, especially for the price.  I had an Esstac belt that I gave to a friend that needed a belt.  It was fine, but the AWS seems a little bit stiffer. The inner belt is also stiff.

I’m using a Wilder 1.5” inner belt with a cute little cobra buckle.

Sizing is definitely based on pants size. I am a 34 and went with a large first, ignoring their advice. It was too big. Medium is just fine.

If you need molle, the SMU belt looks good. They have sales on those often.

View Quote


Thanks everyone.


I was looking at the SMU belt…. It was around $125 with the inner belt before Christmas and I hesitated on pulling the trigger.  Hopefully they go on sale again soon.  If not, I’ll have to pay full price!
12/30/2023 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Got some time to screw around with this new QVO Secondary holster and mount everything up. As excited as I was to try QLS, I just can’t get down with it. That small 1/2” or so of additional offset just makes everything feel so unnatural. I hate it a lot. I removed the plate and fork and hard mounted it. Had to play with a lot of hardware to allow that leg strap to still pivot without the QLS plate.

12/30/2023 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My latest edition
Hard boiled egg holster
Attached File

Attached File
I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
1/1/2024 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Done.

1/2/2024 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History


I need this.
Originally Posted By JAD762:
I know. But a few posts above this there’s a perfect demonstration that people don’t want reality, they just want to be mad.

And angry retards always find something retarded to be angry about.
1/2/2024 10:21:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ORjeepguy][Edited] [#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bcw107:


I need this.
View Quote

I would likely catch a time out if I linked to my Etsy page for a Tactical Egg Holster...
I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
1/3/2024 12:29:05 AM EDT
[#7]
That is hilarious!
1/4/2024 11:48:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gullskjegg][Edited] [#8]
Did the Blue Force Gear MTKN IFAK used to come with a black cross? Or have some of you guys covered up the neon blue?



2nd question, anyone have wolf gray pouches on a coyote belt?  Thoughts?

I can't decide what to do on my belt and PC.  The surroundings here are all gray, brown, and tan in the winter.  SE TN.  But, camo is camo...  I considered getting wolf gray and rit dying some browns on it.
1/4/2024 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:
Did the Blue Force Gear MTKN IFAK used to come with a black cross? Or have some of you guys covered up the neon blue?



2nd question, anyone have wolf gray pouches on a coyote belt?  Thoughts?

I can't decide what to do on my belt and PC.  The surroundings here are all gray, brown, and tan in the winter.  SE TN.  But, camo is camo...  I considered getting wolf gray and rit dying some browns on it.
View Quote

Yes. One of mine still has it although I dont use it.
2nd. You can always rattle can it. I did that was some older black pouches.
RS Callsign Mayhem Midget
"I'll come for the killing and stay for the cheesecake"

SSgt Jason A Decker. 11/6/09
1/4/2024 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:
Did the Blue Force Gear MTKN IFAK used to come with a black cross? Or have some of you guys covered up the neon blue?
View Quote


My full-size BFG trauma kit came with a black tab that slides over the red cross on the lid. I don't know if their other kits are the same.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
1/5/2024 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Needed to swap pistol kywis to secure 2011 mags and I got the short end of the M81 stick

It's like 95% brown. Not Esstac's fault and no reason to pout, just caught the wrong end of fabric variance
Attached File

1/5/2024 6:44:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esstac-][Edited] [#12]
RARE!




I kinda dig it tho
1/5/2024 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Needed to swap pistol kywis to secure 2011 mags and I got the short end of the M81 stick

It's like 95% brown. Not Esstac's fault and no reason to pout, just caught the wrong end of fabric variance
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/487230/1000005777_jpg-3083109.JPG
View Quote


At least there's only that small corner of black.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
1/5/2024 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone have a source for coyote one wrap?
1/6/2024 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:


Thanks everyone.


I was looking at the SMU belt…. It was around $125 with the inner belt before Christmas and I hesitated on pulling the trigger.  Hopefully they go on sale again soon.  If not, I’ll have to pay full price!
View Quote



They are $20.24 off right now with code 2024. Not sure how long that’s running.

@Mpnelson81
1/6/2024 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Yes. One of mine still has it although I dont use it.
2nd. You can always rattle can it. I did that was some older black pouches.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:
Did the Blue Force Gear MTKN IFAK used to come with a black cross? Or have some of you guys covered up the neon blue?



2nd question, anyone have wolf gray pouches on a coyote belt?  Thoughts?

I can't decide what to do on my belt and PC.  The surroundings here are all gray, brown, and tan in the winter.  SE TN.  But, camo is camo...  I considered getting wolf gray and rit dying some browns on it.

Yes. One of mine still has it although I dont use it.
2nd. You can always rattle can it. I did that was some older black pouches.


I don’t know why I didn’t think of rattle canning.
1/6/2024 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Vaquero:



They are $20.24 off right now with code 2024. Not sure how long that’s running.

@Mpnelson81
View Quote


@Vaquero

Thanks!  I ordered my belt earlier this week (because of the $20.24 deal) and it’s scheduled to be delivered today.

1/6/2024 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:


I don’t know why I didn’t think of rattle canning.
View Quote

Just make sure you buy a good brand and not some off brand tans
RS Callsign Mayhem Midget
"I'll come for the killing and stay for the cheesecake"

SSgt Jason A Decker. 11/6/09
1/6/2024 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Needed to swap pistol kywis to secure 2011 mags and I got the short end of the M81 stick

It's like 95% brown. Not Esstac's fault and no reason to pout, just caught the wrong end of fabric variance
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/487230/1000005777_jpg-3083109.JPG
View Quote


Send it back new/unused and get another
Those who would give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
1/6/2024 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:


Send it back new/unused and get another
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Needed to swap pistol kywis to secure 2011 mags and I got the short end of the M81 stick

It's like 95% brown. Not Esstac's fault and no reason to pout, just caught the wrong end of fabric variance
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/487230/1000005777_jpg-3083109.JPG


Send it back new/unused and get another

I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says, " Shenanigans."
1/7/2024 12:02:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Needed to swap pistol kywis to secure 2011 mags and I got the short end of the M81 stick

It's like 95% brown. Not Esstac's fault and no reason to pout, just caught the wrong end of fabric variance
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/487230/1000005777_jpg-3083109.JPG
View Quote


Hilarious.
1/7/2024 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:


Send it back new/unused and get another
View Quote
Nah, it's more hassle than it's worth. I just stole the kydex insert and swapped it into my existing kywi
Attached File

1/7/2024 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Anyone have a source for coyote one wrap?
View Quote



eBay is where I bought mine.
Free men do not ask for permission.
1/8/2024 7:15:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Nah, it's more hassle than it's worth. I just stole the kydex insert and swapped it into my existing kywi
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/487230/1000005801_jpg-3085891.JPG
View Quote


What med pouch is this?
1/8/2024 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Almost done with this, just need to decide on a IFAK.

Defense Mechanisms Mech1 inner and outer belt
Double Pistol KYWIs
BFG 10 speed rifle mag pouch
TT dump pouch
Safariland ALS holster on a True North Concepts adapter
Attached File
1/8/2024 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:


What med pouch is this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Nah, it's more hassle than it's worth. I just stole the kydex insert and swapped it into my existing kywi
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/487230/1000005801_jpg-3085891.JPG


What med pouch is this?


Looks like a Coyote STOMP.
1/10/2024 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:


Looks like a Coyote STOMP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Nah, it's more hassle than it's worth. I just stole the kydex insert and swapped it into my existing kywi
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/487230/1000005801_jpg-3085891.JPG


What med pouch is this?


Looks like a Coyote STOMP.


Awesome, I think that's perfect for me, thanks.
1/10/2024 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Nah, it's more hassle than it's worth. I just stole the kydex insert and swapped it into my existing kywi
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/487230/1000005801_jpg-3085891.JPG
View Quote



Question
What brand is that drop holster extension
thx
1/11/2024 12:38:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Gullskjegg:


Awesome, I think that's perfect for me, thanks.
View Quote
Feel free to message with any questions but sparknotes is that it's an excellent, thoughtful take on the medical pouch. Coyote makes quality stuff and I'd recommend the STOMP without reservation
1/11/2024 12:42:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Horned_Toad:



Question
What brand is that drop holster extension
thx
View Quote
True North MHA. It's...fine I guess. You get a ton of adjustability which is nice, but I can't say I'd buy it again. A nice to have, absolutely not necessary.
1/11/2024 12:46:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FistPeso][Edited] [#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
True North MHA. It's...fine I guess. You get a ton of adjustability which is nice, but I can't say I'd buy it again. A nice to have, absolutely not necessary.
View Quote


I agree.  I would just stick with the plastic Safariland myself.  I think less metal on your rig the better.
1/11/2024 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#32]
I've got 3 true north extensions.
1/11/2024 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Originally Posted By FistPeso:


I agree.  I would just stick with the plastic Safariland myself.  I think less metal on your rig the better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By FistPeso:
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
True North MHA. It's...fine I guess. You get a ton of adjustability which is nice, but I can't say I'd buy it again. A nice to have, absolutely not necessary.


I agree.  I would just stick with the plastic Safariland myself.  I think less metal on your rig the better.



Thx

Trust me, I don't "want" a drop holster. A medium drop may do what I need though. Tried the Safariland plastic and wasn't impressed.
1/11/2024 12:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FistPeso][Edited] [#34]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Horned_Toad:



Thx

Trust me, I don't "want" a drop holster. A medium drop may do what I need though. Tried the Safariland plastic and wasn't impressed.
View Quote


That’s why I went to the True North plate.  It was later that I appreciated the Safariland plastic over the True North.  YMMV
1/11/2024 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Horned_Toad:



Thx

Trust me, I don't "want" a drop holster. A medium drop may do what I need though. Tried the Safariland plastic and wasn't impressed.
View Quote
It doesn't cost an arm and a leg + I'd imagine you'll be able to re-sell it easily...I don't think it's groundbreaking or anything but give it a shot. No real risk.
1/11/2024 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
View Quote
I really like this.
If I had to be stranded in an island for a long time with a male arfcommer it'd be eesmith. I'm not gay, but I do get lonely. - Kalahnikid

tnsparky
Medikeighted
EdwardAvila
Rest In Peace, Brothers.
1/13/2024 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
It doesn't cost an arm and a leg + I'd imagine you'll be able to re-sell it easily...I don't think it's groundbreaking or anything but give it a shot. No real risk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Originally Posted By Horned_Toad:



Thx

Trust me, I don't "want" a drop holster. A medium drop may do what I need though. Tried the Safariland plastic and wasn't impressed.
It doesn't cost an arm and a leg + I'd imagine you'll be able to re-sell it easily...I don't think it's groundbreaking or anything but give it a shot. No real risk.


Another option, if you think you need or want to modify the True North adapter; you can get a chinazon knockoff for less than 1/8" or 3/16" aluminum 6061 barstock.

That's the route I went when I adapted my Tacsol .22 Buckmark holster to QLS.
1/13/2024 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Focus for this setup was comfortable while seated and relatively low profile / close to body

Esstac Enhanced Shooters Belt, 1.75"
Esstac TQ holder
Raven Concealment Phantom
Nitecore Light Holster for P20i
Esstac single AR and pistol mag pouches w/ onewrap

Attached File
1/15/2024 11:13:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
Anyone have a source for coyote one wrap?
View Quote


@Lancelot

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264176100221?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=fWMKB8OAS9C&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=yaq1QwIWRre&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
1/15/2024 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quote History

thank you!
1/16/2024 7:26:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G][Edited] [#41]
TEMU war belt FTW

https://share.temu.com/4F3xsXcPtVA

Attached File
---------------
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin, 1775
1/16/2024 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History


I bet Crossfire, VelSys, SO Tech, Jay Jays, et al... feel pretty damned foolish now.
"What is socialism? The most difficult and tortuous way to progress from capitalism to capitalism." -Stated at an intel conference, East Berlin, Oct. 1988

"Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods." -H.L. Mencken
1/17/2024 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Battle Belt Tactical Belts Duty Belts Law Enforcement Utility Belt Police Belt For Men
331 sold
Provided by ToolSpace
(822 sold)
$3.99
-91%
$48.99


1/17/2024 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Nah, it's more hassle than it's worth. I just stole the kydex insert and swapped it into my existing kywi
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/487230/1000005801_jpg-3085891.JPG
View Quote



Why is there electrical tape on your belt?
1/17/2024 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Here is my current belt set up.


Defense Mechanisms MECH Belt
Blue Force Gear Boo-boo pouch
Staccato XC Safariland 6354RDSO with Centraifuge holster accessory mount Eleven 10 TQ mount
Esstac Mag Pouches
Flatline Fiber Co Dump Pouch
Coyote Tactical IFAK
Ka-Bar TDI
Vertx Gloves


Attached File
1/18/2024 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By country_boy87:



Why is there electrical tape on your belt?
View Quote
It's very useful to wrap and secure stuff with
1/18/2024 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quote History
Originally Posted By STJ:
It's very useful to wrap and secure stuff with
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By STJ:
Originally Posted By country_boy87:



Why is there electrical tape on your belt?
It's very useful to wrap and secure stuff with


I was at the range with my dad, he asked the same thing. I told him, and he said that was stupid.

A few hours later, when we were cleaning up, he asked if I had some tape.
1/18/2024 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Yumago:


I was at the range with my dad, he asked the same thing. I told him, and he said that was stupid.

A few hours later, when we were cleaning up, he asked if I had some tape.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Yumago:
Originally Posted By STJ:
Originally Posted By country_boy87:



Why is there electrical tape on your belt?
It's very useful to wrap and secure stuff with


I was at the range with my dad, he asked the same thing. I told him, and he said that was stupid.

A few hours later, when we were cleaning up, he asked if I had some tape.
When used with a piece of paper towel it works good as a bandage.

if you have a "bleeder" you can wrap it tight to stop the flow.
1/18/2024 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By country_boy87:



Why is there electrical tape on your belt?
View Quote
As noted it's good habit to have tape available, guns or otherwise. 99% of the time it's for mundane stuff - I had a remote switch wire get nicked while snow was rolling in at the range. 30 seconds later it's good to go.

I also wrap several layers of gaffer tape around an old gift card (think credit card form factor) in case I need to secure something heavier.

Tape adds no weight or fuss and has endless uses.
1/19/2024 9:26:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Space-Cadet][Edited] [#50]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Horned_Toad:



Thx

Trust me, I don't "want" a drop holster. A medium drop may do what I need though. Tried the Safariland plastic and wasn't impressed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By Horned_Toad:
Originally Posted By FistPeso:
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
True North MHA. It's...fine I guess. You get a ton of adjustability which is nice, but I can't say I'd buy it again. A nice to have, absolutely not necessary.


I agree.  I would just stick with the plastic Safariland myself.  I think less metal on your rig the better.



Thx

Trust me, I don't "want" a drop holster. A medium drop may do what I need though. Tried the Safariland plastic and wasn't impressed.

You could try a bang hanger

https://www.guardianwarriorsolutions.com/product-page/bang-hanger

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 158
Next Page
Armory Sponsor