Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 154
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Masiina:
Just getting in to this battle belt thing. Here´s my first setup.
-Tactical Tailor Modular Padded Belt
-Condor Kangaroo double mag pouch
-Condor double pistol mag pouch
-Condor dump pouch
-Condor Side Kick Pouch
-BH SERPA for M&P9
http://www.aseforum.com/download/file.php?id=290&mode=view
I´m gonna get rid of those Condor pouches and replace them with HSGI gear.

not to dog on you, but why buy the condor in the first place?
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Nice setup.  Can you give details?

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#3]

I´m just getting familiar with tactical gear and I didn´t want to pay hundreds of €´s for them if I don´t like to use them for some reason. Now I know what kind of gear I like and I know that they are going with me every time when I hit the range, so I´m ready to buy more expensive stuff.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 12:33:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#4]
Originally Posted By NukeThemTillTheyGlow:

Nice setup.  Can you give details?

Sure:
HSGI Suregrip belt (large) with cobra inner belt (size 42, should have bought a size 40)
two rifle TACOs - 16rnd CZ 9mm mags
two Pistol TACOs - Gen 2 PMAGs
Emdom dump pouch (love the rigid opening)
HSGI bleeder
RAT RC4 (soon to be painted sheath
G-code 2" drop with RTI mount
Warthog gear custom made holster for CZ P-07 9mm with RTI attachment ( .080 multicam kydex from knifekits)
first spear double pistol mag pouch with a Fenix LD20 and Leatherman wingman

I´m just getting familiar with tactical gear and I didn´t want to pay hundreds of €´s for them if I don´t like to use them for some reason. Now I know what kind of gear I like and I know that they are going with me every time when I hit the range, so I´m ready to buy more expensive stuff.

Gotcha - figured as much.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 12:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rksonex] [#5]

Good thinking!
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Andielouroo:

Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Originally Posted By Andielouroo:

Originally Posted By CV1073:
http://imageshack.us/a/img820/8138/battlebelt3.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/2170/battlebelt2.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/3509/battlebelt1.jpg

Ok this is my first attempt to set-up a battle belt:
It is an HSGI SGPB
There are two of the newest iteration of the TACO, eac one carry 2 AR-15 mag and a pistol mag and I am thinking to add a third.. but I am a bit concerned of the total weight (that will means 180 223Rem rds and 39 45ACP rds.. not a light load!!)
On the opposite side there is a LFI custom kydex holster for my Glock 21 with surefire X400
on the back there is a TT horizontal E&E pouch
in front of the holster there is a TYR Tactical MUT II pouch

That is the most exposed trigger I've ever seen on a holster.  I'd be awful nervous to carry in a holster that allows the trigger to be pulled while the gun is in the holster.  

I noticed the same thing, chose to keep my mouth shut though. Figured there was a damn good reason.

I'm always open to learning new things, so I'd be pretty interested to find out if there is a good reason for it.  

ETA:  Here's my belt setup:

Hey guys

Excuse me if it took till now to come back.. Been a bit in a turmoil here...
For the holster: there is no reason for the holster to bebuilt that way since i have not specified it.
As i mentioned this is my first attempt to build a battlebelt and, this is my first holster purchase (alongside a raven phantom to be used on a jones zombie fat belt) as you all can immagine, the logistical side of it is making the process quite long.
I am in bolo status for another holster setup: this holster is not meant to be used on a warbelt, it is meant to be used on a standard belt, this was a test.
In the next month i will be ordering a Fury holster with the rti adaper, to lower the mountinh height of the holster (i did some experimentation and i thing the glock rides too hogh for my taste) also this will free some space on the belt.
About the trigger exposure and all the safety issue related to this: i admit that this is not something that i tought at.. But here i cannot use this setup at a range (maybe i found one that will let me test it but i am not sure yet) so i have never properly tested it besides some dry extraction in my house. Please be patient and teach me what to look for, i have a lot to learn, more than anybody else!
Ciao

CV

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmzd4] [#7]
Let me just say that I really really hate this thread. I just dropped a bit of coin over at HSGI thanks to this thread.

Now I have a question, I have seen a couple of pic in here with DSG kydex attached to the HSGI sure grip, but I'm a bit confused on how they attaché to each other. Just how does that work without butchering the war belt?
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jmzd4:
Let me just say that I really really hate this thread. I just dropped a bit of coin over at HSGI thanks to this thread.

Now I have a question, I have seen a couple of pic in here with DSG kydex attached to the HSGI sure grip, but I'm a bit confused on how they attaché to each other. Just how does that work without butchering the war belt?

several ways, RTI MOLLE mount from GCode.  Drop adapter on the inner belt, or 550 cord through the holster rivets and MOLLE.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JoshAston:

several ways, RTI MOLLE mount from GCode.  Drop adapter on the inner belt, or 550 cord through the holster rivets and MOLLE.

So how does the RTI MOLLE mount attach to the holster? That's where I'm confused. I have the DSG holster with OWB loops already on it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]

So how does the RTI MOLLE mount attach to the holster? That's where I'm confused. I have the DSG holster with OWB loops already on it.

Lol, mold it into the kydex and use three screws. so ya...
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 1:56:52 AM EDT
[#11]

You'd have to remold the kydex or fashion some sort of adapter to mount the RTI adapter to.  Easiest way for you would probably be 550 cord.  Another option would be to screw knife kits MOLLE loks or tactical tailor malice clips to the rivet holes on the holster.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 7:12:11 AM EDT
[#12]

You'd have to remold the kydex or fashion some sort of adapter to mount the RTI adapter to.  Easiest way for you would probably be 550 cord.  Another option would be to screw knife kits MOLLE loks or tactical tailor malice clips to the rivet holes on the holster.

That sounds easier, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is my completed HSGI belt:

HSGI Sure-Grip Padded Belt
HSGI TACO x2
HSGI Pistol TACO x2
HSGI Modular Pistol Mag Pouch (Surefire Light)
Emdom-MM Dump Pouch
ITS Tactical Fatboy w/ Tourniquet
G-Code Glock 19 Holster w/ RTI Wheel
BFG Boo Boo Pouch
Blue Force Gear SOC-C Low Profile Suspender
Outdoor Research Ironsight Gloves
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Is the dump pouch attached to belt with the tacos attached to dump pouch?
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#15]

ATS war belt
HSGI Cobra belt
HSGI Bleeder pouch
HSGI mini EOD Pouch
HSGI Drop leg holster holding an FNP-45
Gemtech Lanyard
Coyote pouch came with the first aid kit I bought from Larue Tactical
HSGI Mag Net
HSGI rifle TACOs
HSGI pistol TACO
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Question - has anyone ever used the MOLLE belt from an FLC as ltwt 1st line? I ask because I have it, and am broke. Just need buckle. Looking at keeping this in my GHB.
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Siemens2:
Is the dump pouch attached to belt with the tacos attached to dump pouch?

If you're asking me the dump pouch is attached to the belt and the tacos to the molle on the HSGI belt.

The dump pouch doesn't roll up and with the stiff opening it sticks out far enough for me to access it much quicker than if its on the back of the belt.
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Morg308:
Question - has anyone ever used the MOLLE belt from an FLC as ltwt 1st line? I ask because I have it, and am broke. Just need buckle. Looking at keeping this in my GHB.

I've seen it done a few times, no personal experience.
Come to think of it, I saw someone trying to sell one in the EE not too long ago..
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:21:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stjjames] [#20]
Missing an Ifak.
Updated.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Mind sharing the specs? Is that CamelBak dyed ACU? If so, looks nice.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 1:48:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Wife's belt on top, mine at the bottom.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By lew:

So, I painted on it abit more . . . The CamelBak, the belt & the holster started off in black.
ATS War Belt, USGI LC-2 belt, and from the left; Eagle MLCS pistol mag pouches I picked up on eBay, two standard & two long - housing two 15rd & two 22rd Glock Mags, issue Marine Corps dump pouch, a MK3 knife, issue sunglasses case, a former woodland grenade pouch with surefire battery case & issue earplug case within - then a Gen4 G22 in a Safariland 6280. The gloves are Alpinestars SMX2 AC's - they seem to fit the brawlin' & haulin' bill fine - the cover is an issue Army unit - I live pretty close to Ft. Lewis so there is surplus Multicam. Aplenty.
I used a ditty bag to layed over everything & hit it with two different shades of Krylon Camo greens, creating the grid pattern - then used the rough side of a sponge with paint dabbed up, after being sprayed onto a paper plate, to give more definition. I used a Camo 'khaki' & various mixes with green & splotched about.

Close up of the pistola.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice job on the paint. I have been wanting to try an ATACS kind of job on a pack - when you say ditty bag, do you mean a mesh bag? Where'd you get it? I ask because the grid size looks perfect.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

No IFAK for the lady? What pistols?

Her IFAK just came in the mail today. She has an M&P PRo 5" with an x300 and I have a Sig P226 with x300.  I will post additional pics later this evening.

Link Posted: 3/20/2013 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice job on the paint. I have been wanting to try an ATACS kind of job on a pack - when you say ditty bag, do you mean a mesh bag? Where'd you get it? I ask because the grid size looks perfect.

Thanks man, I'm a big fan of the A-Tacs stuff as well.
Exactly, just a mesh laundry bag - not sure where I got it, I must have had it for 15 years now.
This was my first go & it took 3-4 iterations till I was happy.
Good luck !
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Stjjames:
Originally Posted By lew:

So, I painted on it abit more . . . The CamelBak, the belt & the holster started off in black.
ATS War Belt, USGI LC-2 belt, and from the left; Eagle MLCS pistol mag pouches I picked up on eBay, two standard & two long - housing two 15rd & two 22rd Glock Mags, issue Marine Corps dump pouch, a MK3 knife, issue sunglasses case, a former woodland grenade pouch with surefire battery case & issue earplug case within - then a Gen4 G22 in a Safariland 6280. The gloves are Alpinestars SMX2 AC's - they seem to fit the brawlin' & haulin' bill fine - the cover is an issue Army unit - I live pretty close to Ft. Lewis so there is surplus Multicam. Aplenty.
I used a ditty bag to layed over everything & hit it with two different shades of Krylon Camo greens, creating the grid pattern - then used the rough side of a sponge with paint dabbed up, after being sprayed onto a paper plate, to give more definition. I used a Camo 'khaki' & various mixes with green & splotched about.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/stjjames/0fa29aef98d41ca08dc640f1f5cb3071_zps97a24d05.jpg

Close up of the pistola.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/stjjames/e851dab1f86190a2fc0574ccf9f046dd_zpscf6dad80.jpg

Thanks for the write-up. I'm definitely digging the paint scheme. Looks like it work great for the deep forests over your way.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got in my order from HSGI today. All i need now is a G-code RTI mount (ordered), Maxpadition 3x5, Maxpadition Dump pouch, and a HSGI Blowout Kit. I still don't know if I i will be abel to fit all of that stuff on the belt though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Look, I know these are all the rage, but as an electrician, I wore a toolbelt for years and ended up adding a harness because it made my hips hurt. I believe there is permanent damage to my lower back after doing this so long. Now I tend to take just what I need, like a knife, 10 in 1 and a pair of Linesman's. maybe strippers, out of my toolbox or tub and stick them in my pockets. I think the simple addition of a pair of LC1 or LC2 suspenders will go a long way towards making these rigs more comfy in the long term. Anyone who has spent the day with a lot of weight hanging off their hips can attest to this.

FWIW it seemed like my suspenders weren't doing anything, but I really noticed the difference when I broke a buckle and took them back off. My main point is, if you are going with a waist only rig - just a warbelt, then you should make it as light as possible. My toolbelt was fully padded - it doesn't matter, trust me. Long term, you're going to regret it.  If you are going to really use this rig, then go for a 10 mile hike in it and see how well you like it. Then take the same hike with an H-harness. World of difference. Maybe not as cool, or concealable, but healthier. Just my .02 and worth exactly what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 1:19:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#31]
Look, I know these are all the rage, but as an electrician, I wore a toolbelt for years and ended up adding a harness because it made my hips hurt. I believe there is permanent damage to my lower back after doing this so long. Now I tend to take just what I need, like a knife, 10 in 1 and a pair of Linesman's. maybe strippers, out of my toolbox or tub and stick them in my pockets. I think the simple addition of a pair of LC1 or LC2 suspenders will go a long way towards making these rigs more comfy in the long term. Anyone who has spent the day with a lot of weight hanging off their hips can attest to this.

FWIW it seemed like my suspenders weren't doing anything, but I really noticed the difference when I broke a buckle and took them back off. My main point is, if you are going with a waist only rig - just a warbelt, then you should make it as light as possible. My toolbelt was fully padded - it doesn't matter, trust me. Long term, you're going to regret it.  If you are going to really use this rig, then go for a 10 mile hike in it and see how well you like it. Then take the same hike with an H-harness. World of difference. Maybe not as cool, or concealable, but healthier. Just my .02 and worth exactly what you paid for it.

Try wearing a heavy armor carrier for a long period of time. You'll wish you could support it with your hips.

And anyone who believes that these big padded war belts look 'cool' are fooling them self. They look dorky as hell.

ETA: I do agree that if someone is using a heavy loadout on their belt, they should use suspenders. It makes a wooooorld of difference. I recommend the blue force gears. They'll fit under a vest.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#32]

I understand what you are saying, and I think you have some advice everyone should think over. Folks should thoroughly analyze their own needs and limitations before jumping in. I've backpacked for many years, and having a considerable amount of weight on my hips for days at a time is no issue. I have a chest rig and a war belt (no suspenders), and I keep the weight down as low as I can. Some of these belts posted make me cringe. Light is good. No, light is great. Mobility and comfort could very likely be more important than that one extra rifle or pistol mag or that huge ass sheath knife (which you're probably never going to use anyway). Distribute that weight, whether it be with suspenders or by adding a chest rig. If you're only wearing a rig stuffed full of mags for 3 Gun or a class, that's probably not an issue, but spend some more time in it, and the benefits of properly worn and selected gear will become apparent.
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 11:52:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By TxSoldier:

What pouch is that you use for your IFAK?

Tactical Medical Solutions Operator IFAK. Purchased it from LAPolice Gear.

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#35]
My first attempt that started around Xmas. Planning on taking a pistol/carbine class in the Spring. Need to stock the GP pouch with some basic first aid/snacks and I might add a flashlight pouch and a multitool/knife pouch as well. Trying to keep things simple though.

Belt: Endom CM Belt (sewer green)

Holster: DSG Arms Alpha for P226/220 Combat w/ threaded barrel (Coyote Brown)

Pistol mag pouches: Esstac Quad (Ranger Green)

Rifle mag pouches: Esstac Double Shorty (Ranger Green)

Dump pouch: Pantac small zippered (Ranger Green)

Utility pouch: ATS small GP pouch (Ranger Green)

Also has 6 FirstSpear Missing Links on the back side.
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 8:46:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: polecat30] [#36]

I'm so tactical that when I want to drive the gun I run to press rounds into OPFOR, I use a rockola M1 carbine

Left to right:
KBAR TDI
2x Eagle FB M9 pouches, which fit XD9 mags perfectly.
Custom kydex double M1 carbine mag pouch made by a local guy.
Maxpedition rolly polly dump
ASP zip cuffs
HSGI bleeder with: 1x Z fold quick clot, 1x Israeli bandage, 1x NPA with lube, 1x ACS, 1x NCD, 1x pair of gloves. CAT ghetto banded to the side.
RCS Magpul cut phantom (iirc) with XD9 and TLR1s
Cheap ass flashlight pouch I got for free, minus flashlight
Camelbak gloves on a grimloc

Armor is Paraclete BALCS in a DBT victory carrier. Still need plates.

Gonna put an Israeli sling, and maybe an ultimak with a micro dot and offset light on the carbine. Any mods will not be permanent.

Sorry for the shitty iPhone pic

ETA: Vietnam advisor first line

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 9:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 420ollie] [#37]
Went out shooting while i was sick. Not as bad as yesterday. The day was alright but still some shitty weather. Got to at least have some fun.

ETA: I also but some holes in my shooting barricade in rollover prone.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Hello all,

I have a question, I like how some people mount their g code holster like this:

www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA30.html

I have a HSGI sure grip belt. How would I mount that to the inner belt? It seems impossible.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 7:25:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 420ollie] [#39]
Originally Posted By Milla:
Hello all,

I have a question, I like how some people mount their g code holster like this:

www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA30.html

I have a HSGI sure grip belt. How would I mount that to the inner belt? It seems impossible.

Thanks!

I was thinking if putting up a review of my belt. I think it might help out others.

The duty belt adapter goes through a slot on the bottom accessing the inner duty belt.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 10:17:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Milla] [#40]
Duh! That makes sense. No idea why I couldn't comprehend that lol.

Now the PITA taking the inner belt back out with all that Velcro. Any tips so I don't rip my hands up?

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 10:23:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 420ollie] [#41]

Now the PITA taking the inner belt back out with all that Velcro. Any tips so I don't rip my hands up?

Use the stiffener. Pull it out and push it through in between the Velcro.
Try to keep the thread on topic. Don't want to derail it or get it locked.
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 8:25:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rksonex] [#42]
Originally Posted By 420ollie:

Use the stiffener. Pull it out and push it through in between the Velcro.
Try to keep the thread on topic. Don't want to derail it or get it locked.

Watch this
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#43]

HSGI all the way except the knife, a Spartan Ares, and the DSG holster.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#44]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/jmzd4/94651b6a-d002-4954-b989-158d1f1682e8_zps29bc89eb.jpg

I know you're going to get several people asking, so why do you have the knife oriented the way you do??  I honestly can't see any positive reason for doing it, but I'm hoping to be surprised.  
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SleeperShooter:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/jmzd4/94651b6a-d002-4954-b989-158d1f1682e8_zps29bc89eb.jpg

I know you're going to get several people asking, so why do you have the knife oriented the way you do??  I honestly can't see any positive reason for doing it, but I'm hoping to be surprised.  
-SleeperShooter

Curious as well.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 9:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmzd4] [#46]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

-SleeperShooter

Curious as well.

To me it just feels natural to grab it from there. I tried different placements and none of them felt right to me, but in this position I can grab it with my right hand and it be comfortable, plus its a long blade and it fits well on the belt in this position. The kydex keeps it tight so I'm not worried about it coming loose.

I guess it just all comes down to personal preference.
Link Posted: 4/1/2013 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#47]

To me it just feels natural to grab it from there. I tried different placements and none of them felt right to me, but in this position I can grab it with my right hand and it be comfortable, plus its a long blade and it fits well on the belt in this position. The kydex keeps it tight so I'm not worried about it coming loose.

Meh, to each his (or her) own I guess.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Actually I do wear my long blades, if I am wearing them, in this canted manner, edge up, as such in the first pic below at 11:30 on the belt.

I can draw with either hand and I can sit, drive, etc without it getting in the way.

But then again I train with daisho so I'm used to carrying a blade on my front like this.

Wearing the blade, edge down I would shift it around to somewhere say 4:30 or so. Not great for sitting for long periods but is very quick to draw with right hand only.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By skebe:

Actually I do wear my long blades, if I am wearing them, in this canted manner, edge up, as such in the first pic below at 11:30 on the belt.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9870/ARFCOM/hissatsu.1.jpg
I can draw with either hand and I can sit, drive, etc without it getting in the way.

But then again I train with daisho so I'm used to carrying a blade on my front like this.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9870/ARFCOM/hissatsu.2.jpg
Wearing the blade, edge down I would shift it around to somewhere say 4:30 or so. Not great for sitting for long periods but is very quick to draw with right hand only.

Do you cut a lot of waterbottles with them?
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By DRhodes:
Originally Posted By skebe:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9870/ARFCOM/hissatsu.1.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9870/ARFCOM/hissatsu.2.jpg

Do you cut a lot of waterbottles with them?

someone actually does blade at 45.....

that said, what about putting the blade away? seems fine for quick access but sheathing it looks awkward and annoying...how's that working for you?

i tried the scout carry thing for a minute but putting the blade away was an issue  and just didn't like having something at the small of my back when sitting,leaning or carrying a pack.
Page / 154
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top