BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 154
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 7:03:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lew] [#1]
Originally Posted By SleeperShooter:
Originally Posted By jmzd4:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/jmzd4/94651b6a-d002-4954-b989-158d1f1682e8_zps29bc89eb.jpg

HSGI all the way except the knife, a Spartan Ares, and the DSG holster.

I know you're going to get several people asking, so why do you have the knife oriented the way you do??  I honestly can't see any positive reason for doing it, but I'm hoping to be surprised.  
-SleeperShooter

So he can stab himself in the ass when it comes time to put it back. Duh.

Link Posted: 4/3/2013 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By lew:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/jmzd4/94651b6a-d002-4954-b989-158d1f1682e8_zps29bc89eb.jpg

I know you're going to get several people asking, so why do you have the knife oriented the way you do??  I honestly can't see any positive reason for doing it, but I'm hoping to be surprised.  
-SleeperShooter

That's my biggest concern - re-sheathing under stress...
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dmjerrywest44:
HSGI Cobra belt
VTAC Brokos belt
HSGI taco magazine pouches
ITS Tactical med kit with G-code RTI adaptar
Swamp Rat Rodent 6 inch knife
G-code Holster
Surefire 6p
Green Laser
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af139/dmjerrywest44/IMG_2281.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af139/dmjerrywest44/IMG_2283.jpg

I'm digging the ITS / G-Code setup, very trick!
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LiquidRisc81:
[someone actually does blade at 45.....

that said, what about putting the blade away? seems fine for quick access but sheathing it looks awkward and annoying...how's that working for you?

i tried the scout carry thing for a minute but putting the blade away was an issue  and just didn't like having something at the small of my back when sitting,leaning or carrying a pack.

Small of the back is bad for most anything.

To return the blade use two hands. One hand if your scabbard has a notch in it.
You can ride the back of the blade in the notch, or using your free hand as a guide.
When you feel the tip clear over the scabbard opening, then you sheath the blade.

Quick to draw, slow to put away is how I've always been told to think about weapons (guns, blades, etc).
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Long time lurker in this thread. Figured I would contribute. Sorry for the mediocre pics.

Specs:
ATS Warbelt - Black, kryloned OD
ATS Inner Belt - Black with kryloned buckles
Emdom Battle Suspenders - Sewer green
EGL Monkey Stomper Mag pouch - OD, holds 4 P-mags and 4 Glock 17 mags, all with ranger plates
TAG Dump pouch - Black, kryloned OD

This next one gets complicated. (RTI/Bleeder combo) Thanks to the folks on this board for giving me the idea.
HSGI Bleeder - Smoke Green
Marz Tactical Tourniquet pouch - Coyote brown
CAT Tourniquet
G-Code RTI Wheel - Coyote brown
RTI Double Mag adapter - OD

Eagle Industries Canteen pouch - OD
Maxpedition Nalgene bottle - Smoke
Fallen Oak Forge 5to5 Custom knife with kydex sheath from godrilla in the blade forum here.
BlackHawk Serpa Duty Holster for a Glock 17/19, Level 2 - Kryloned OD, holds my 19C
Leatherman Molle pouch - Black, kryloned OD, holds a Leatherman Surge and some accessories

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice setup. Started to blur the line between battle belt and LBE.

I really like that monkey stomper pouch.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Heading to JAX tomarrow, plan on stopping by HSGI and starting my belt... This may get expensive
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice setup. Started to blur the line between battle belt and LBE.

I really like that monkey stomper pouch.

Thanks.
I consider it a warbelt. Don't run a chest rig. Only other thing that I put on is a US Palm Defender Molle, in ranger green.
Plan on getting some poly plates for the defender.

The monkey stomper pouch is awesome. Just very tight. I have to put the Glock mags in before the P-mags or they aren't going in.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By -Ragnarok-:
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg519/_Ragnarok_/100_0517_zps004ac652.jpg
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg519/_Ragnarok_/100_0520_zps2673174b.jpg

Long time lurker in this thread. Figured I would contribute. Sorry for the mediocre pics.

Specs:
ATS Warbelt - Black, kryloned OD
ATS Inner Belt - Black with kryloned buckles
Emdom Battle Suspenders - Sewer green
EGL Monkey Stomper Mag pouch - OD, holds 4 P-mags and 4 Glock 17 mags, all with ranger plates
TAG Dump pouch - Black, kryloned OD

This next one gets complicated. (RTI/Bleeder combo) Thanks to the folks on this board for giving me the idea.
HSGI Bleeder - Smoke Green
Marz Tactical Tourniquet pouch - Coyote brown
CAT Tourniquet
G-Code RTI Wheel - Coyote brown
RTI Double Mag adapter - OD

Eagle Industries Canteen pouch - OD
Maxpedition Nalgene bottle - Smoke
Fallen Oak Forge 5to5 Custom knife with kydex sheath from godrilla in the blade forum here.
BlackHawk Serpa Duty Holster for a Glock 17/19, Level 2 - Kryloned OD, holds my 19C
Leatherman Molle pouch - Black, kryloned OD, holds a Leatherman Surge and some accessories

Nice rig. I like it. Simple, useful, just what you need and nothing else.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 4:45:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NextGen] [#10]
HSGI sure-grip, cobra riggers belt and taco just arrived from SKD. Great belt, but definitely a pain to work with.
Still not sure what to to do with the taco (extra mag, flashlight or multi tool). Hoping to do a training course this summer so I can see what I need to adjust (and to get a little dirty)

Link Posted: 4/11/2013 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine is comming together:

Cobra Belt
Brokos Belt
HSGI Tacos
HSGI Dump bag
Raven Phantom holster
Leatherman MUT
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 6:34:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCUrk] [#12]
Not a "War Belt" as i am just a fat guy that does some  Pistol/Carbine fun competitions...

HSGI Sure Grip W/ Duty belt
HSGI Rifle/Pistol Taco's X's 3 (Yes, I know... Only two are on. At work setting it up and left the connectors for the third one at home. )
G Code 2" drop XST RTI Holster for Glock 17 (Holster needs to be repainted as I originally had it on a black rig and am painting it for this rig, I choose poorly)

Stopped by HSGI last week and the folks there are a very good bunch. Busy, but still took the time to help me out and get me set up. If you have stuff ordered, i will say they are working hard to fill your order.

ETA:
Future plans are probably a drop pouch and a bleeder kit and I should be good.

I like the gear because with the RTI system, I can swap my holster from Glock to 1911 in about 5 seconds and with the TACO's, everything can stay the same.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

-SleeperShooter

That's my biggest concern - re-sheathing under stress...

Honestly it was quite easy to put back in the sheath because of the way it fits when on my waiste.

Say what you will, but it works for me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 7:23:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FullMetalChef] [#14]
Finally got around to take a decent picture of my rig. Its constantly evolving. I also have another pouch of tools and gun maintenance gear I swap out with the first aid pouch when I need to or put it in the center of the back.

Right now I have a separate Camelbak for water, but I'd like to get a MOLLE bladder carrier I can use.

It consists of:
Blackhawk web belt
Condor padded war belt
Condor H-harness
Condor double kangaroo mag pouch
Condor single kangaroo mag pouch
Condor Tear Away first aid/EMT pouch
Condor flashlight pouch with Surefire G2 Nitrolon (will be replaced with a Streamlight Polytac or better at some point)
Maxpedition Roly Poly dump pouch
SOG SEAL Pup knife
Safariland 6004 holster
Multitool
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 3:22:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By unforgiven5150:
Finally got around to take a decent picture of my rig. Its constantly evolving. I also have another pouch of tools and gun maintenance gear I swap out with the first aid pouch when I need to or put it in the center of the back.

Right now I have a separate Camelbak for water, but I'd like to get a MOLLE bladder carrier I can use.

I could be totally out to lunch here, but I do not favor the 'advantage' of having a water carrier or day pack clipped to your LBE. That paradigm dates back to WW I and is just plain dumb IMO, designed so your buddy could resupply you, or access your shit if you're dead.  If you do not have a buddy there to unclip your shit and try reaching over your shoulder while lying in a ditch with rounds being fired in your direction, then you might end up in a world of hurt. When someone is doing a water run and you can sling the camelback off and throw it to him without affecting your fighting load, that's an advantage IMO when you have rounds overhead. This is one reason i still believe in canteens. The latest and greatest will not necessarily keep your ass alive. Common sense will. The simple Camelback carrier in CB issued by the USMC is the perfect piece of kit. Simple, nothing to break but the bladder and one non-critical fastex buckle. I can't imagine taking my gear off because I had to refill a bladder at a stream. If you are kicking in doors like my friend's son in Nogales or running a carbine course on a one way range, then an attached CB makes sense, but choosing to do something just because someone else does it is a recipe for failure IMO. Fit the gear to the mission.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 4:28:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Morg308:

I could be totally out to lunch here, but I do not favor the 'advantage' of having a water carrier or day pack clipped to your LBE. That paradigm dates back to WW I and is just plain dumb IMO, designed so your buddy could resupply you, or access your shit if you're dead.  If you do not have a buddy there to unclip your shit and try reaching over your shoulder while lying in a ditch with rounds being fired in your direction, then you might end up in a world of hurt. When someone is doing a water run and you can sling the camelback off and throw it to him without affecting your fighting load, that's an advantage IMO when you have rounds overhead. This is one reason i still believe in canteens. The latest and greatest will not necessarily keep your ass alive. Common sense will. The simple Camelback carrier in CB issued by the USMC is the perfect piece of kit. Simple, nothing to break but the bladder and one non-critical fastex buckle. I can't imagine taking my gear off because I had to refill a bladder at a stream. If you are kicking in doors like my friend's son in Nogales or running a carbine course on a one way range, then an attached CB makes sense, but choosing to do something just because someone else does it is a recipe for failure IMO. Fit the gear to the mission.

Unless you use the MOLLE Carrier that allows you to just stick the entire Camelback into it. Lot of guys have used that for comfort, and I personally love them as well. Combines comfort and ease of access - best of both worlds
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 6:02:35 AM EDT
[#17]

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of it that way. Got a link or pic of the one you are talking about? The once I use a Blackhawk model with 2 shoulder straps.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:15:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#18]

I see what you're saying and I've adapted my gear around that concept while minimizing the shoulder straps and crap in my shooting pocket.
Here is my PIG 2L that's attached to my PC with 4 fastex buckles. Inside is a 50oz source bladder which can detach from the hose and be easily removed.

Here is the assault pack which routinely carries a 1L nalgene

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k348/un4gvn5150/warbelt_zps2bf86429.jpg

I bet a TT Fight Light Joey Hydration pouch would fit nicely on that small molle real estate up by your shoulders. How much water are you looking to carry?
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#19]
That looks like a nice setup. I may have to go that way.

Right now I have 1.5L and 3L bladders, IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Brad have you tried taking the back off and putting it back on by yourself? Just wondering how well it works. With a camelbak the straps are minimal compared to a backpack with padded straps. I understand why you would carry a pack that way but wouldn't it be hard to get to and don or doff.

BTW you got the same blood type as me so I know where to get some blood or extra parts.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

I see what you're saying and I've adapted my gear around that concept while minimizing the shoulder straps and crap in my shooting pocket.
Here is my PIG 2L that's attached to my PC with 4 fastex buckles. Inside is a 50oz source bladder which can detach from the hose and be easily removed.
<a href="http://s361.photobucket.com/user/bradpierson26/media/IMG_0962.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/bradpierson26/IMG_0962.jpg</a>
Here is the assault pack which routinely carries a 1L nalgene
<a href="http://s361.photobucket.com/user/bradpierson26/media/IMG_1357_zpsa19a2f33.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/bradpierson26/IMG_1357_zpsa19a2f33.jpg</a>

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k348/un4gvn5150/warbelt_zps2bf86429.jpg

I bet a TT Fight Light Joey Hydration pouch would fit nicely on that small molle real estate up by your shoulders. How much water are you looking to carry?

That is a really nice looking setup, but my point is, can you pull the bladder and refill it easily w/o removing your gear? This is why I like the stand alone Camelbak - you just whip it off, fill it and sling it back on. I doubt I will ever be on a two-way range where this is necessary, but it does create a tactical disadvantage - being 'caught with your pants down' so to speak with your vest off, and if it's a PC, you've just momentarily lost your protection.

I do like that Joey hydration pouch, and can see where that would be better than a canteen in a situation where you are in and out of a vehicle a lot, something that a LEO or even a civilian in a SHTF situation must consider, ANOTHER reason to not have a permanently attached pack or bladder on your back. If TSHTF which are you more likely to be doing - walking or driving? You can throw a pack on once you dismount/abandon the vehicle, but it's hard to do the other way around.

Also, if you are planning on going 'grey man' and keep a low profile, (which I favor) you'd look like Quasimodo with a rig like that under a coat or poncho. Right now I just have a canteen carrier on my gear, figuring when I dismount I could just slam a canteen in it. Canteens are definitely old school, but they still work. I think, however, that small bladders like that are a better setup. Keeping the larger bladder in your pack is also a good way to go.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 4:29:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TR0N_0010:
Originally Posted By ldrews:
Originally Posted By fisterkev:
Originally Posted By ldrews:
Here's my first line belt
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j172/scsi/AR15/DSC02347.jpg

Here's my second line belt (cut and run)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j172/scsi/AR15/DSC02351.jpg

Here's my second line belt (stand and fight)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j172/scsi/AR15/DSC02353.jpg

Uh... You REALLY need to move that cleaning kit in the first pic (trying to draw from a Serpa with a cleaning kit directly above it... I *know* that will obstruct the draw, I ran one for a year overseas). And you need to fully attach the holster to the mount, otherwise Murphy is going to fuck you.

Try not to stab or slice yourself with that inverted blade in the second pic... (yes, there are better places to put it on that particular rig)

And as said, how do you get to that gat in the small of your back on the last rig?

Your rigs need some work.

OK, thanks for the input.

Cleaning kit has been moved.
Serpa holster appears to be fully attached to the mount unless I'm missing something.

Holster removed from back.

any other suggestions are encouraged and greatly appreciated.

If you look at how my SERPA is attached, you cannot see the bottom screw hole that is visible on your platform (and notice how much higher yours sits on the platform). you should be using three screws and three screw holes to attach the holster. but, iv'e never seen that particular model holster, and that could just be how it mounts.  hope this helps.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4049/4613113129_b4e4e7580f_b.jpg

In my experience with the serpa's there are two separate mounts a long and a short.  It seems you have the long and he has the short

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#23]
That is a really nice looking setup, but my point is, can you pull the bladder and refill it easily w/o removing your gear? This is why I like the stand alone Camelbak - you just whip it off, fill it and sling it back on. I doubt I will ever be on a two-way range where this is necessary, but it does create a tactical disadvantage - being 'caught with your pants down' so to speak with your vest off, and if it's a PC, you've just momentarily lost your protection.

I do like that Joey hydration pouch, and can see where that would be better than a canteen in a situation where you are in and out of a vehicle a lot, something that a LEO or even a civilian in a SHTF situation must consider, ANOTHER reason to not have a permanently attached pack or bladder on your back. If TSHTF which are you more likely to be doing - walking or driving? You can throw a pack on once you dismount/abandon the vehicle, but it's hard to do the other way around.

Also, if you are planning on going 'grey man' and keep a low profile, (which I favor) you'd look like Quasimodo with a rig like that under a coat or poncho. Right now I just have a canteen carrier on my gear, figuring when I dismount I could just slam a canteen in it. Canteens are definitely old school, but they still work. I think, however, that small bladders like that are a better setup. Keeping the larger bladder in your pack is also a good way to go.

Ah, but Morg, you're forgetting that most classic of ARFCOM maxims:  "get both."  

On my kit, I run a 3L removeable bladder in an MAP, as well as carrying a 1L Nalgene on my cummerbund (though I managed to lose my LaRue Nalgene "displacing" between AAR sites recently... ).

The 3L bladder is a "sustainment" bladder and the primary water source is the Nalgene bottle.  Only when it is depleted do I drink from the bladder.  The Nalgene can be refilled quickly and easily when water is available, and carries about 33 ounces, or just over a quart, or slightly more than one canteen.  It can be carried in a pouch, or depending on what you're doing, it can be "hung" using a 550 cord loop and a grimlock or carabiner through some MOLLE webbing.  Not the most fun to run with, but it can be quickly and easily stowed and accessed in a more stationary position.      

My total "carrying capacity" is 4L onboard, though, to be honest, many times, the bladder went flaccid.  In many places, 0.5L water bottles were easily accesible and available.  A Nalgene with water, and a couple of water bottles in an assault pack and/or cargo pockets and a shoulder pocket full of Crystal Light packets was more than enough.  If vehicles were nearby, they each had at least a rack, if not a cooler full of water bottles already in them.    

It's not a 100% solution, but whatever is?  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#24]
As a backpacker, I've been using Nalgene bottles for years, and agree with you. I also like my 1qt WWII stainless steel canteens. Two of them fit in the outboard pockets of an M1941 pack perfectly. I keep my filter/purification gear in the middle pocket. A 2 qt is in the top of the pack. Old school, but it works. In another pack, an Italian CFP-90 pack on an M1941 frame, I have a big bladder in each side pocket. On my vest I just have an empty CB canteen/GP pouch that I can throw a nalgene or canteen into. Good for the range. My 3 day pack has a bladder pocket, but I've never used it. I guess I should.
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#25]

For whatever reason I just cant seem to get it comfortable. How high do you guys wear yours?

Link Posted: 4/15/2013 8:11:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PFC_Dustin] [#26]
Originally Posted By smrtprts:
http://i45.tinypic.com/110c0sn.jpg

For whatever reason I just cant seem to get it comfortable. How high do you guys wear yours?

What parts not comfortable exactly?  I where mine on my waist over my belt as tight as possible.  Not on resting on top of your hips like the waist belt for a ruck, if you do that itll bounce around or just feel weird.  Also the stiffer the inner belt the more comfortable it is.  I actually have that V-tac belt in your pic and it should be stiff enough for you but the Black Hawk duty belt is the best I've used.  I noticed a big difference when I switched from that to a cobra buckle belt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I wear mine resting on my hips, although snugged down, bit not tight. The belt (HSGI) stays put when running or going prone.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 1:25:22 AM EDT
[#28]
I wear mine resting on my hips, although snugged down, bit not tight. The belt (HSGI) stays put when running or going prone.

By on your hips do you mean above the waist-line and over your stomach?
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 3:48:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By PFC_Dustin:

By on your hips do you mean above the waist-line and over your stomach?

Not quite. Like the top edge of the belt is just below my belly button.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#30]
I wear my belt like I wear my pack for hiking.  The top crest of my hipbone runs along the middle of the belt.  It helps to center the belt's weight (not that there's much to it) around the body's center of gravity.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By twitch1706:
I wear my belt like I wear my pack for hiking.  The top crest of my hipbone runs along the middle of the belt.  It helps to center the belt's weight (not that there's much to it) around the body's center of gravity.

This.

I was wearing the HSGI belt far too tight when I first got it. It still had hot spots. I loosened it so that it is comfortable but snug and it's perfect. It should ride all the weight on your pelvis.
Link Posted: 4/17/2013 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DoctorNo:
Originally Posted By twitch1706:

This.

I was wearing the HSGI belt far too tight when I first got it. It still had hot spots. I loosened it so that it is comfortable but snug and it's perfect. It should ride all the weight on your pelvis.

I do the same, makes a world of difference, especially with heavier belts. I have found that the comfort and stability of wearing it like this varies depending on the design/padding of the belt, which in turn probably varies per individual. I used to have a belt with thick pads, but it was too floppy and the pads were thick enough that they would allow the belt to shift vertically over my hips. Switching to a belt with thinner pads solved that problem without decreasing comfort, so I guess there is such a thing as "too much padding".
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 1:33:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Here's my belt. Its nothing special just some pouches from Army days pre-ACU era.

Cheap made in china belt
Molle 30rd mag pouch
2 Alice m9 mag pouch
1 Alice first aid/compass pouch
Eagle Industries drop leg holster
Gemtech "coyote" lanyard

I'd like to get a molle belt like the ATS war belt and a couple of those Taco rifle/pistol pouches one day but right now money is tight to be spending on this HS stuff. I check the EE once in a while waiting for one of you guys to get fat, buy bigger stuff, and post a WTS.

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#34]
hey brother you have a nice rig... i almost use that same set-up as shown in the pic...the pouches on the belt etc...the only differance is i use a German combat belt and a serpa holster ,heck i even have the pistol lanyard...vince g. 11B INF....
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 11Binf:
hey brother you have a nice rig... i almost use that same set-up as shown in the pic...the pouches on the belt etc...the only differance is i use a German combat belt and a serpa holster ,heck i even have the pistol lanyard...vince g. 11B INF....

Nice! But I must insist... "pics or it didn't happen!"
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By avtomatwasr-10:
Here's my belt. Its nothing special just some pouches from Army days pre-ACU era.

Cheap made in china belt
Molle 30rd mag pouch
2 Alice m9 mag pouch
Gemtech "coyote" lanyard

I'd like to get a molle belt like the ATS war belt and a couple of those Taco rifle/pistol pouches one day but right now money is tight to be spending on this HS stuff. I check the EE once in a while waiting for one of you guys to get fat, buy bigger stuff, and post a WTS.

<a href="http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/em2b96p/media/Guns/20130418_011742_zpsaf69d56e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o729/em2b96p/Guns/20130418_011742_zpsaf69d56e.jpg</a>

Haha.  I actually listed a belt I got that was too big on the same premise.

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Cheap made in china belt
Molle 30rd mag pouch
2 Alice m9 mag pouch
Gemtech "coyote" lanyard

<a href="http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/em2b96p/media/Guns/20130418_011742_zpsaf69d56e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o729/em2b96p/Guns/20130418_011742_zpsaf69d56e.jpg</a>

Thats awesome! Looks like no gear for me. I just picked up a Glock 17. Check the Glock picture thread to see.

Before I forget...

Get on your face and do push ups till I get tired PFC!

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Cheap made in china belt
Molle 30rd mag pouch
2 Alice m9 mag pouch
Gemtech "coyote" lanyard

Thats awesome! Looks like no gear for me. I just picked up a Glock 17. Check the Glock picture thread to see.

Before I forget...

Get on your face and do push ups till I get tired PFC!

lol that was about 6 years ago, it was just a really poorly thought out name choice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 11Binf:

Nice! But I must insist... "pics or it didn't happen!"

Brother i'll try, i'm not really good on up-loading things yet but i'll ask for help from my buds...i did manage to aleast get the pictures taken on my new camera it'd the posting part that kills me....vince g. 11B INF...
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 2:57:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NukeThemTillTheyGlow] [#40]
Finally received the my knife, additional pouches and some time to put it all together.  Please critique.

Blue Force Gear SOC-C belt (left to right)
Spectre Gear MOLLE / PALS Compatible Modular Single Universal Pistol Magazine Pouch with Leatherman Super Tool 300
HSGI Tacos with Windowed PMAG & M&P FS 9mm mags
Maxpedition Mini RollyPolly
BFG Trauma Kit Now (empty, need to get GSW and other content figured out asap)
Gerber LMF II knife
S&W M&P FS 9mm w/Surefire X300 in a Safariland 6377 FDE, hanging on Safariland Mid-Ride 6075UBL with QLS 22 (M&P FS 45 shown as it was close by)
Spectre Gear MOLLE / PALS Compatible Modular Surefire 6P/G2 Light Pouch

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 3:08:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#41]
Originally Posted By NukeThemTillTheyGlow:
Finally received the my knife, additional pouches and some time to put it all together.  Please critique.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/NukeThemTillTheyGlow/2013-04-20145121_zpsda3974f9.jpg

Spectre Gear MOLLE / PALS Compatible Modular Single Universal Pistol Magazine Pouch with Leatherman Super Tool 300
Gerber LMF II knife
S&W M&P FS 9mm w/Surefire X300 in a Safariland 6377 FDE, hanging on Safariland Mid-Ride 6075UBL with QLS 22 (M&P FS 45 shown as it was close by)

Photobucket is messing up my pic and rotating it even through I've re retated it and saved it multiple times.  I'll reload it and try again soon.

Nice setup. Good place to start for the BFG trauma kit would be the USGI IFAK contents. Get those, and add/remove items as needed.

Definitely have a CAT TK, trauma shears (ITS tactical), and an isreali bandage/emergency bandage. Oh and gloves. You'll have room for a lot more too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#42]

My operational rig for work. I moved a lot of gear to my belt line so I would have everything with me no matter what vest I wore. Heavy gear or plate carrier, I have all the essentials in the same place every time.

From L-R
HSGI sure grip belt & internal cobra belt with D-ring.
Carabiner for helicopter anchor tie-in
HSGI Taco Pistol mags
Emdom single rifle mag
Military Moron dump pouch
HSGI modular drop leg panel
Tac Tailor GPS pouch (for cell phone)
Safariland DFA and single strap shroud. MLS system on the panel so I can switch out guns/strip off gear if we're doing linear assaults
Safariland G35 w/RMR ALS holster
Strider fixed blade

On the drop leg:
Distraction Device
Cuffs
CAT TQ
Safariland Taser ALS
HSGI bleeder w/shears
Flex cuffs inside the panel

The drop leg balances the pistol out quite well. I've been very very happy with this rig, even when wearing it up to 48 hours at a time. Great load carriage and the rubber keeps it in place on top of a Liger belt quite nicely.
Link Posted: 4/22/2013 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Got mine rigged a bit different now.  Also, waiting to replace the HSGI radio pouch with an Esstac DST as my blow out pouch.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 9:16:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NukeThemTillTheyGlow] [#44]
Originally Posted By Blacktide:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/NukeThemTillTheyGlow/2013-04-20145121_zpsda3974f9.jpg

Gerber LMF II knife

Photobucket is messing up my pic and rotating it even through I've re retated it and saved it multiple times.  I'll reload it and try again soon.

Nice setup. Good place to start for the BFG trauma kit would be the USGI IFAK contents. Get those, and add/remove items as needed.

Definitely have a CAT TK, trauma shears (ITS tactical), and an isreali bandage/emergency bandage. Oh and gloves. You'll have room for a lot more too.

Thanks, very helpful.  Can you point me to some basic IFAK threads so I can learn what supplies to buy for GSW and regular FA?   Where is a good source to look for USGI IFAK contents?  What do you think of the BFG Trauma kit refill contents as a base/starter content?  link

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Blacktide:

Gerber LMF II knife

Thanks, very helpful.  Can you point me to some basic IFAK threads so I can learn what supplies to buy for GSW and regular FA?   Where is a good source to look for USGI IFAK contents?

15 page thread

Check out north american rescue and chinook medical

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 9:26:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#46]

Thanks, very helpful.  Can you point me to some basic IFAK threads so I can learn what supplies to buy for GSW and regular FA?   Where is a good source to look for USGI IFAK contents?  What do you think of the BFG Trauma kit refill contents as a base/starter content?  link

www.rescue-essentials.com

H&H compressed gauze, jam as many of these in as you can.
http://www.rescue-essentials.com/h-h-primed-gauze/

SOF-T Tourniquet:  I prefer these over the CAT especially if you can't just turn them in when they get old and get more like I can.  CAT's degrade pretty fast, the SOF-T is much more durable.
http://www.rescue-essentials.com/softt-w-generation-3-tourniquet/

4" Israeli pressure dressing
http://www.rescue-essentials.com/israeli-emergency-bandage-4/

Nasopharangeal airway
http://www.rescue-essentials.com/nasopharyngeal-airway-28-fr-9-3mm-w-lube/

HALO occlusive chest seal
http://www.rescue-essentials.com/halo-chest-seal/

If you don't know what any of this stuff is.....

http://publicintelligence.net/ufouo-u-s-army-tactical-combat-casualty-care-handbook/
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#47]
HSGI Battle Belt
2X HSGI Rifle/Pistol Pouch
HSGI bleeder
CAT TQ
OLAES Bandage
Scissors
5.11 double pistol mag pouch
G-Code G19 holster
Endom MM dump pouch

Link Posted: 5/20/2013 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Just picked up this SORD belt at an insane price. Put this configuration together to play with it a little. Not exactly sure that direction I want to go with this. Already have plans to replace the Blackhawk holster and Molle adapter for a custom ATAC kydex holster I will be making soon.

As it stands:
SORD Molle belt
SORD mini pouch
BHI Serpa w. Molle adapter
TT dump pouch
OSOE Naglene pouch
SORD double AR pouch x2 (in the pic one has a 308 PMAG and the other 2xAR mags)
unknown double pistol pouch

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#49]
http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/ranger11596/954831_573763949320584_1967775517_n.jpg

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/ranger11596/485518_573763999320579_2006119621_n.jpg

BDS Tactical MOLLE Belt
BDS Tactical 2" Duty belt
Esstak Double Shorty AR mag pouch
Esstak Tripple Pistol pouch
Blue force gear 10 spead double pistol pouch
makpedition rolly polly
Bravo Concealment M&P 9mm holster
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 10:27:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 503Gunslinger:
<a href="http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/ranger11596/media/954831_573763949320584_1967775517_n.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/ranger11596/954831_573763949320584_1967775517_n.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/ranger11596/media/485518_573763999320579_2006119621_n.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/ranger11596/485518_573763999320579_2006119621_n.jpg</a>

BDS Tactical MOLLE Belt
BDS Tactical 2" Duty belt
Esstak Double Shorty AR mag pouch
Esstak Tripple Pistol pouch
Blue force gear 10 spead double pistol pouch
makpedition rolly polly
Bravo Concealment M&P 9mm holster

That padding reminds me of a pillow. Looks comfy
Page / 154
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top