BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 154
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:21:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Tag for better pictures of shoulder straps and shock cord on the hydro panel.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 0uTkAsT:
This is the kit I've been playing with recently. I haven't done any serious training in it yet but I am happy thus far based on a few drills with a friend. This is my first war belt and also my first micro rig so go easy on me.

-Shellback Stacker chest rig with a 6x8" AR500 plate
-Two TAG double pistol pouches with a Maratac AA flashlight, Leatherman Sidekick and two pistol mags
-HSGI Bleeder with QuikClot, Emdom shears, compressed gauze, Izzy, oral IVs, two chem lights, Grimlocks, nitrile gloves and a TK4
-TAG Hydration System with a home-made shoulder strap system to interface with the chest rig, Tactical Tailor shoulder pads, 3L Voodoo bladder that sucks ass (replacing with a Source WXP 3L ASAP), shock cord system and a Tactical Tailor 1H pouch
-TAG padded belt with Tactical Tailor rifle mag pouch, Maxpedition dump pouch, Glock field knife, and Blackhawk CQC holster & platform

I'm clumsy with the elastic retention bands on the Shellback rig right now. The elastic is super tight so inserting mags is a pain in the ass and removing them isn't graceful yet either. I'm putting ranger plates on my mags to help with that, and I'm once they're worn in a little it won't be so bad.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1294417_10151527217580904_1833469902_o.jpg

ETA: Updated photos

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:51:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: polecat30] [#2]
Originally Posted By hatexoc:
HSGI  war belt
Condor riggers belt
2x pistol tacos
2x rifle tacos
IFAK/GP pouch with izzy, gauze, gloves, tape, spare bolt, firing pen, sharpie and screw driver
Ka-bar TDI
Black hawk Serpa for my g19

<a href="http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/hatexoc/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2223_zpsd1bf70ab.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii640/hatexoc/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2223_zpsd1bf70ab.jpg</a>
View Quote

Mind if I add a little critique?

Looks good, just a few little things. Medical gear is lacking (as is some medical training I might assume? Sorry if i am wrong) I'll try to find a TC3 link to give you a better idea. Or, shoot me a message. Also, medical shit should be totally seperate from your bolt and other stuff. Also, an extra bolt is more appropriate elsewhere, as your first line is geared towards immediate life threats (bad guys and being shot, mainly.) spare bolt is something more fitting for your tertiary gear.

Also, the TDI would be better suited for its designed use of weapons retention/close defense on your weak side somewhere. I wear it close to my mid line on my weak side.

Just a few ideas!
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Can I be in the club too?!

HSGI SureGrip
Tactical Tailor Fight Lite Mag Pouches & Dump Pouch
KT-Mech Glock19 w/APL Holster
Condor Quick Rip Med Pack (will be replacing soon)
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Cryptyc:

<a href="http://s45.photobucket.com/user/GeninCloud/media/IMG_20130906_173013-1_zpsd0353833.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/GeninCloud/IMG_20130906_173013-1_zpsd0353833.jpg</a>
HSGI SureGrip
View Quote

We will get right on your application. You should recieve an approval soon  

Nice rig by the way
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]

<a href="http://s45.photobucket.com/user/GeninCloud/media/IMG_20130906_173013-1_zpsd0353833.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/GeninCloud/IMG_20130906_173013-1_zpsd0353833.jpg</a>
HSGI SureGrip
View Quote

Lefties need not apply

Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for the compliment and sending the application. Don't worry I'll mark Rightie on it so it doesn't get rejected.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 2:07:07 AM EDT
[#7]

I will take some updated pictures soon, but here is how I routed the shock cord on the back panel. This was taken before I added the 1H pouch but I left the shock cord alone. I left excess cord at the ends for larger items, but it is tucked up inside the drainage grommet and tied inside the carrier out of the way.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8139/dlx2.jpg

View All Quotes
This is the kit I've been playing with recently. I haven't done any serious training in it yet but I am happy thus far based on a few drills with a friend. This is my first war belt and also my first micro rig so go easy on me.

-Shellback Stacker chest rig with a 6x8" AR500 plate
-Two TAG double pistol pouches with a Maratac AA flashlight, Leatherman Sidekick and two pistol mags
-HSGI Bleeder with QuikClot, Emdom shears, compressed gauze, Izzy, oral IVs, two chem lights, Grimlocks, nitrile gloves and a TK4
-TAG Hydration System with a home-made shoulder strap system to interface with the chest rig, Tactical Tailor shoulder pads, 3L Voodoo bladder that sucks ass (replacing with a Source WXP 3L ASAP), shock cord system (not shown) and a Tactical Tailor 1H pouch (not shown)
-TAG padded belt with Tactical Tailor rifle mag pouch, Maxpedition dump pouch, Glock field knife, and Blackhawk CQC holster & platform

I'm clumsy with the elastic retention bands on the Shellback rig right now. The elastic is super tight so inserting mags is a pain in the ass and removing them isn't graceful yet either. I'm putting ranger plates on my mags to help with that, and I'm once they're worn in a little it won't be so bad.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1294417_10151527217580904_1833469902_o.jpg

I will take some updated pictures soon, but here is how I routed the shock cord on the back panel. This was taken before I added the 1H pouch but I left the shock cord alone. I left excess cord at the ends for larger items, but it is tucked up inside the drainage grommet and tied inside the carrier out of the way.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8139/dlx2.jpg

So, what does shock cord do for you that 550 cord not do, other than retain equipment, and badly? It's good for soft gear, but IMO is a gimmick. Thoughts? (Sorry, didn't mean to rain on your parade, but I guess I want to know what you'd use it for. That much shock cord IMO would be better served by another pocket. I think the trend towards PALS webbing has really gone completely overboard and drowned the cat they were trying to save.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:36:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#8]
Originally Posted By Morg308:
So, what does shock cord do for you that 550 cord not do, other than retain equipment, and badly? It's good for soft gear, but IMO is a gimmick. Thoughts? (Sorry, didn't mean to rain on your parade, but I guess I want to know what you'd use it for. That much shock cord IMO would be better served by another pocket. I think the trend towards PALS webbing has really gone completely overboard and drowned the cat they were trying to save.  
View Quote

I don't really see any reason not to have shock cord on there. It doesn't add any bulk or weight to the pack when not in use, it self-adjusts as the pack expands, it is a good way to make use of webbing panels without adding more pouches that not only add bulk and weight on their own but also make you feel like you need to have something in them... It acts as flexible storage for longer items like hatchets and soft items like jackets (I use it on my hunting pack all the time for shedding layers when temps warm from morning to early afternoon). It is flexible so you can "set it and forget it" unlike 550 cord that you need to adjust or re-route depending on the load inside or outside of the pack, and if laced through the webbing tight enough it helps keep the bladder nice and snug inside the carrier which reduces movement and slosh.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:19:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sconnieVLP] [#10]
2x pistol TACOs, 1x rifle/pistol TACO, 1x double rifle TACO, Maxpedition Rolypoly dump pouch, TT 1H accessory pouch for med kit, G-Code SOC for G17 w/ TLR-1.

I absolutely love the G-Code, definitely worth the wait and the price.

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#11]
^^^Very nice. We have a very similar set up.

I switched out my med pack to a multicam one. This is my battle belts final configuration:
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#12]

You have excellent taste in gear, however I would warn you against keeping your flashlight where you have it now. I used to run my rig with two pistol mags near my belt buckle and my flashlight third. There were a few instances in training where I attempted to load my light into my magwell under heavy stress. Not good. It got moved after that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Those were my thoughts exactly when I saw this.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Decided to take a picture with an actual camera and not just my cell phone with the belt all loaded up:

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Decided to take a picture with an actual camera and not just my cell phone with the belt all loaded up:

<a href="http://s45.photobucket.com/user/GeninCloud/media/001_zpsc1557f84.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/GeninCloud/001_zpsc1557f84.jpg</a>
View Quote

looks impossible to pull those mags.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 4DAIVIPAI2K5:

looks less than ideal to pull those mags or sit with that IFAK
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s45.photobucket.com/user/GeninCloud/media/001_zpsc1557f84.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/GeninCloud/001_zpsc1557f84.jpg</a>

looks less than ideal to pull those mags or sit with that IFAK

FIFY

Link Posted: 9/20/2013 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I had them jammed all the way down to help stretch out the mag holder. It is a bit stiff. I'd most likely have them about an inch higher when in actual use. However, they still aren't hard to pull out even how they were in the picture......it's just not optimal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 4:03:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#18]
I had them jammed all the way down to help stretch out the mag holder. It is a bit stiff. I'd most likely have them about an inch higher when in actual use. However, they still aren't hard to pull out even how they were in the picture......it's just not optimal.
View Quote

I'm no expert but I do agree with the others' critiques. Under high stress I can see that not being the case, even with your open-top pouches. They might not be "hard" to remove now, but getting a good grip is essential, especially when wearing gloves that reduce your dexterity and make it difficult to feel textures. I've fumbled with pouches and flung mags because I barely had a purchase on the floorplate and they slipped right out of my fingers. I have a Glock 19 also (at least that looks like a 19?) and the 15 round mags do sit really low in most pouches. I added either +2 extensions or Magpul Speedplates to all of them that I don't use for EDC, and both help quite a bit. I have a few G17 mags I use also and it helps with them too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Excellent idea on the floor plates and extensions. I may honestly do that. Thank you for the tip. Have you had any reliability issues with the +2 OEM extensions?
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 6:53:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 0uTkAsT] [#20]
Excellent idea on the floor plates and extensions. I may honestly do that. Thank you for the tip. Have you had any reliability issues with the +2 OEM extensions?
View Quote

No problem.

I have the Lone Wolf +2s on three of my G19 mags, which (I believe) are the same thing as Pearce extensions. I don't have experience with the Glock extensions but I haven't had any issues with the LWDs so far. I'd assume the OEM versions are good to go also. The caveat is that I have ten mags that I rotate though, and on top of that I just bought my Glock last year so finding 9mm ammo has been a bitch, therefore I don't have a lot of rounds through them all yet. I'm guessing I only have about 200-250 rounds through each at this point, and that may or may not be enough of a round count to judge long-term reliability. I don't foresee any issues, but I want to be honest with you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I run the glock extensions and they run 100%
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Thank you for the responses gents. I am going to go with the OEM. It looks like the +2 bases and inserts will run about $9-$10 a piece. I'll update when I get them and take a new pic.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DoctorNo:

You have excellent taste in gear, however I would warn you against keeping your flashlight where you have it now. I used to run my rig with two pistol mags near my belt buckle and my flashlight third. There were a few instances in training where I attempted to load my light into my magwell under heavy stress. Not good. It got moved after that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DoctorNo:

Dam
That's where I have my flashlight, and that is exactly something I would do That's gota go
Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Forgive me if this has been answered in the previous 83 pages but does Eagle make the g-code stuff or Edgeworks?

Reason for asking is Natchez's has this stuff labeled as Eagle for about half price if not less.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By eddieflatface:
Forgive me if this has been answered in the previous 83 pages but does Eagle make the g-code stuff or Edgeworks?

Reason for asking is Natchez's has this stuff labeled as Eagle for about half price if not less.
View Quote

Those are G-Code
I ordered a couple of them this past winter for a Glock, and 1911.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Has any body left eye dominant but right handed built one of these?

I shoot a sidearm right handed and draw it right handed. I shoot my carbine left handed.  

That really murks up (at least to me) how to place my carbine mags since I would be reloading it right handed and that's the side where my pistol would be.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

I shoot a sidearm right handed and draw it right handed. I shoot my carbine left handed.  

That really murks up (at least to me) how to place my carbine mags since I would be reloading it right handed and that's the side where my pistol would be.
View Quote

Purchase a right handed holster and run it cross draw on your left side. That way you can still run mags on your right side.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#28]
I happen to be left eye dominant and right handed. My solution has been to use one of First Spears patrolling suspenders. There are two spots where the webbing is 3 rows high by 2 columns wide at the front of the belt. When worn, the section on the right has a two mag pouch, the one on the left is where the HSGI bleeder goes. Then I have a duty drop rti wheel for my holster on the right side. This has worked pretty well and it allows me to have a couple of spare pistol mags on the left side of the belt where I would want those. I am just a civilian/prepper/shooter, but this setup has worked very well for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By gman556:

Those are G-Code
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gman556:
Originally Posted By eddieflatface:

Those are G-Code

did so as well for a CZ
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Just placed the order with a bunch of other stuff. this place cost me a lotamoney.

To bad they don't have a G21 holster but the G19 will work for now.

I have a HSGI setup coming Tuesday that I sent back for a larger padded belt.

I guess I'm fatter than I thought.

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By avtomat_badassnikov:

Purchase a right handed holster and run it cross draw on your left side. That way you can still run mags on your right side.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By avtomat_badassnikov:

This makes sense somewhat but I carry my CCW and my duty weapon on the right side and I want to fight how I train.. I will not carry the CCW or duty gun on the cross draw.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Mine,

don't have a holster on it yet, my work holster is on a different belt.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Shay_Ellafrits:
<a href="http://s892.photobucket.com/user/Shay_Ellafrits/media/BD4AC186-09C2-4D90-A1BD-355E6445F3BE-295-000000304799029F_zps9ce3498c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/Shay_Ellafrits/BD4AC186-09C2-4D90-A1BD-355E6445F3BE-295-000000304799029F_zps9ce3498c.jpg</a>
Mine,

View Quote

That's a refreshing color choice.

Link Posted: 9/23/2013 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shay_Ellafrits:
<a href="http://s892.photobucket.com/user/Shay_Ellafrits/media/BD4AC186-09C2-4D90-A1BD-355E6445F3BE-295-000000304799029F_zps9ce3498c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/Shay_Ellafrits/BD4AC186-09C2-4D90-A1BD-355E6445F3BE-295-000000304799029F_zps9ce3498c.jpg</a>
Mine,

I'm not a cool kid, so I don't use multicam. But i use my stuff for work, and the USMC likes coyote brown, so it was an easy choice.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I've seen a number of these belts with double stack mag holders (AR and pistol) while others choose single stack mag holders for both AR and pistol, usually locating them next to each other on the belt. Is there an advantage to one layout over the other?  I realize that the double mag holders save space.  I'm wondering about ease of use, muscle memory, etc.

I ask because I'm starting to build my own belt and I'm trying to think it through.

Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By sconnieVLP:
2x pistol TACOs, 1x rifle/pistol TACO, 1x double rifle TACO, Maxpedition Rolypoly dump pouch, TT 1H accessory pouch for med kit, G-Code SOC for G17 w/ TLR-1.

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx149/sconnieVLP/null_zps7db6a8be.jpg
View Quote

How did you get your pistol to hang so low?
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By kewlwhip:
I've seen a number of these belts with double stack mag holders (AR and pistol) while others choose single stack mag holders for both AR and pistol, usually locating them next to each other on the belt. Is there an advantage to one layout over the other?  I realize that the double mag holders save space.  I'm wondering about ease of use, muscle memory, etc.

I ask because I'm starting to build my own belt and I'm trying to think it through.

Thanks,
Chris
View Quote

Depends on how compact you need/want to be. On a battle belt if you go double stack you are going to have a much wider profile which makes it more cumbersome getting in/out of vehicles and entryways. If you throw a vest on top it can interfere with stuff you have mounted on there as well. I move most of my mags up to my vest when I wear a heavy rig, but leave it on the belt if I'm just wearing soft armor or a plate carrier.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 2:28:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

View All Quotes

With this
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#39]

With this
View All Quotes

With this

That is genius.

I want to be able to carry a sidearm with my plate carrier with a cumber-bun. That and I don't want to use a drop leg.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 10:56:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hellishhorses] [#40]

View Quote

Set up your belt with your holster, med kit, knife & pistol mags and run a chest rig for your rifle mags, maybe? I'm the same left-eye dominant, I still run my rifle right-handed most times, but I'm fairly proficient shooting either way. Practice shooting righty with both eyes open, that helps me a ton.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#41]

That is genius.

I want to be able to carry a sidearm with my plate carrier with a cumber-bun. That and I don't want to use a drop leg.
View All Quotes

With this

That is genius.

order from natchez for like 60% off

Link Posted: 9/24/2013 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#42]

<a href="http://s290.photobucket.com/user/ppcseniortrip/media/IMG_3566.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll241/ppcseniortrip/IMG_3566.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

With this

That is genius.

<a href="http://s290.photobucket.com/user/ppcseniortrip/media/IMG_3566.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll241/ppcseniortrip/IMG_3566.jpg</a>

You sir are awesome!
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 2:13:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DAIVIPAI2K5] [#43]
They no long have their sale tho :( I need a bunch of hangers.
and FYI if you call your order in they offer USPS shipping for less then UPS or Fedex that they offer online.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#44]
They no long have their sale tho :( I need a bunch of hangers. well damn
and FYI if you call your order in they offer USPS shipping for less then UPS or Fedex that they offer online. Truth. I wasn't paying those bastards $14 for shipping a 6oz part.

I paid them $11

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 12:06:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samal] [#45]
just finished this one - will run with pistol/rifle tacos for now and see if I want it to be slimmer

HSGI sure-grip padded and inner belt ans suspenders

HSGI rifle/pistol taco x 3

TYR dump pouch

Condor medical pouch

home made kydex sheath for ZT0100

bladetech DOS OWB duty holster with FNX45 and streamlight TL-1 HL

Condor flashlight pouch with surefire G2 light

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
They no long have their sale tho :( I need a bunch of hangers. well damn
and FYI if you call your order in they offer USPS shipping for less then UPS or Fedex that they offer online. Truth. I wasn't paying those bastards $14 for shipping a 6oz part.

I paid them $11

Guess they are on sale if you click into the item
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Samal:
just finished this one - will run with pistol/rifle tacos for now and see if I want it to be slimmer

TYR dump pouch
Condor medical pouch

http://images45.fotki.com/v153/photos/2/787792/9360390/battlebelt-vi.jpg  
View Quote

Can you please tell me how your holster is mounted to the belt?

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By fallfornoone:

View All Quotes

TYR dump pouch

Condor medical pouch

http://shop.blade-tech.com/level-duty-teklok-p-157.html

Link Posted: 10/6/2013 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

TYR dump pouch
Condor medical pouch

Will that fit around a 2" belt?
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By PWACommando:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PWACommando:

TYR dump pouch
Condor medical pouch

The tekloks are adjustable.
Page / 154
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top