Page / 154
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thornejc:
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/thornejc23/Belt1_zps2e0f7362.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/thornejc23/Belt2_zps3398ae21.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/thornejc23/Belt3_zps23b35630.jpg

1st attempt at a belt.  I've tried a few and liked them but I really think the feel of this one is super solid.  Obviously the med pouch needs med supplies ... forgot to order that stuff.  Do y'all think quikclot or a chest seal is more important bc its not a huge pouch.  Also, are most of y'all EMT certified?  I am in pharmacy school so i probably should anyways but wondering if it is worth the time investment.  Had a shooting at school today so kinda made me think that is something I might want to get done.  Thanks
View Quote

what belt is that?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I still don't understand how people can reach their dumppouch at 6 o'clock.  I guess I need practice.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
I still don't understand how people can reach their dumppouch at 6 o'clock.  I guess I need practice.
View Quote

I sure as shit can't. Maybe I'll put it up at 9 o clock on my vest. I put my IFAK at 6 on the belt so I can reach it if I unsnap my belt.

Must be all the fit kids who can reach it, my thick ass cant
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

you can't reach around and touch your butt crack?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I guess I can. I just have a hard time reaching it and un clipping it with armor on, plus it takes forever to stuff mags in it.

I had one in the side for a while which was good but just ended up going with cargo pockets for empties.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:32:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#6]
Okay, I've been playing with my belt and I think I've found a configuration that works pretty well. I tried it out for the first time tonight at my range's Drills Night and didn't have any complaints (so far).

Everything is finally low enough to clear my PC the way I like... the Raven subload for the Tacos fixed my final problem in that department.
I still want a slim Molle belt though. The problem is that I have two components (subload and holster) that are made for belt use; the rest use Molle attachments.
The obvious choice is an HSGI slim belt, because it has cutouts for the holster and subload to be mounted directly to the belt while allowing everything else to be mounted elsewhere.
The problem is that the HSGI belts have built-in neoprene liners. I'd kinda like the option of using a Velcro inner belt though, for extra stability. I have one of their liners already for a rigger's belt. It would give me a bit more flexibility.
If HSGI made the slim belt with a Velcro lining I'd be golden. The other option would be finding a 1.75" belt that I could mount this holster on.... the subload shouldn't be a problem since it looks like the loops are large enough to slide a fatter belt through.
I'm looking at the Atlas 2" but I'm pretty sure I'd have to ream out the holster slots, which would then make for a loose fit on regular belts.
Any ideas? I wish G-Code made the duty style RTI rig with  a Molle mount...

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:00:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried doing anything other than walking with that setup...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:13:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#8]
ETA: Went ahead and ordered the HSGI Slim. We'll see if it works out, if not, I'll wait for Atlas to get back in stock and give that one a try. If that happens, I'll just mod the G-Code mount I guess.

Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

View Quote
Yep. Running and obstacle work tonight. Everything was surprisingly comfortable. Why?

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:24:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:

I guess I can. I just have a hard time reaching it and un clipping it with armor on, plus it takes forever to stuff mags in it.

I had one in the side for a while which was good but just ended up going with cargo pockets for empties.
View All Quotes

I have two different brands, one is the Emdom pouch with a stiffener and velcro attached partial cover.  It's very nice and I can use it pretty easily at 6:00 even with half of the opening closed off.  My other one (TT maybe?) is much harder to access quickly even at about 7:00.  

And I can' reach my crack just fine, if anyone was curious...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:29:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wikoli] [#10]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:
Okay, I've been playing with my belt and I think I've found a configuration that works pretty well. I tried it out for the first time tonight at my range's Drills Night and didn't have any complaints (so far).

http://s9.postimg.org/kf94xzpv3/20150226_222515.jpg

Everything is finally low enough to clear my PC the way I like... the Raven subload for the Tacos fixed my final problem in that department.

I still want a slim Molle belt though. The problem is that I have two components (subload and holster) that are made for belt use; the rest use Molle attachments.

The obvious choice is an HSGI slim belt, because it has cutouts for the holster and subload to be mounted directly to the belt while allowing everything else to be mounted elsewhere.

The problem is that the HSGI belts have built-in neoprene liners. I'd kinda like the option of using a Velcro inner belt though, for extra stability. I have one of their liners already for a rigger's belt. It would give me a bit more flexibility.

If HSGI made the slim belt with a Velcro lining I'd be golden. The other option would be finding a 1.75" belt that I could mount this holster on.... the subload shouldn't be a problem since it looks like the loops are large enough to slide a fatter belt through.

I'm looking at the Atlas 2" but I'm pretty sure I'd have to ream out the holster slots, which would then make for a loose fit on regular belts.

View Quote

I also prefer the duty ride style holster configuration with the holster riding lower than the belt, but not drop leg.  Since I haven't been able to find a duty style holster rig that is MOLLE compatible I use a Viking Tactics Brokos Battle Belt.

If you are not familiar with it, this battle belt has weaving slots for the inner belt to be weaved over the MOLLE sections where belt only compatible items are needed.  It is a tight fit for my belt holster since the weaving slot spacing is not quite as wide as the holster's belt mount and I do not want to weave over two sections of MOLLE at the moment, but it works for now.  Maybe a belt like this could work for you or anyone else here that has a similar requirement.

I agree with your comment on the G-Code rig too.  I am really interested in their products and would like to see MOLLE compatibility with that duty style RTI rig that they have.  Having the holster ride directly at belt level is too high/can conflict with other equipment and I am not a big fan of drop leg set ups either; duty ride is perfect...for me anyway.  I will work on getting pictures of my belt up soon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#11]
ETA: Went ahead and ordered the HSGI Slim. We'll see if it works out, if not, I'll wait for Atlas to get back in stock and give that one a try. If that happens, I'll just mod the G-Code mount I guess.

Yep. Running and obstacle work tonight. Everything was surprisingly comfortable. Why?

View All Quotes

You did obstacle 'work' with it?

From the photos, the way you have everything attached with such small surface area- make it look like that stuff will just flop around all over the place like a hula skirt. Maybe it won't, i guess...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:31:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#12]

View All Quotes

Well, my range has a drills night once a week and last night we were working on obstacles, cover and teamwork, so... yes? I guess? Unless I made a tactical faux pas somewhere?
From the photos, the way you have everything attached with such small
surface area- make it look like that stuff will just flop around all
over the place like a hula skirt. Maybe it won't, i guess...

Everything is very tight on the belt, and I'm using FirstSpear Missing Links to keep everything from sliding. I sold my original HSGI war belt because it was too big, and I'm using the inner rigger's belt temporarily until I can figure out which belt I'll be going with (as stated above, I ordered the slim HSGI belt and it should be here soon). It's definitely not as stiff as I'd like, but since I'm using a hook inner belt as well everything is staying very stable so far.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Changed my belt around. Kinda hard to tell what is what when empty.

From L to R:
dbl pistol mag, single AR mag, dbl pistol mag, dump pouch, single pistol mag on top of single AR mag, knife, pistol holster

Played with my chest rig a lil too and I need to move a cpl things around.

Im thinkin about settin up a competition rig since this is more SHTF, not quite as high speed, low drag as needed for comps but its worked well thus far for me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Good placement of the fixed blade, wish more people put some thought into that.

I think the amount of stuff you have on there and the UBL are keeping things from sliding around, if you had fewer pouches you'd get a lot of slip/slide with that setup but if its working for now great.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:55:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#16]

Originally Posted By sea2summit:
I think the amount of stuff you have on there and the UBL are keeping things from sliding around, if you had fewer pouches you'd get a lot of slip/slide with that setup but if its working for now great.
View All Quotes

Thanks. Even with all the pouches, the stuff was sliding around until I put on the Missing Links:

It looks like there's a lot of crap, but it's mainly the stuff I consider either necessary or really nice to have. The two pouches on the ends are my light and multitool, two rifle + two pistol Tacos on a Raven subload (keeps them low enough to not be affected by my side plates), general-purpose fixed blade (ESEE5, I have a "fighting" knife on my PC that can easily be accessed with either hand), bottle corset (fits Klean Kanteen stainless bottles, Nalgenes, Monster, water, whatever), dump pouch and holster.
The dump pouch will probably disappear soon and get replaced with a small blowout kit, or just a tourniquet since I have a large medkit on my PC. I've never actually used the dump pouch in any training so far. I might try a couple of other mounting options for it before I decide, though.
I've rearranged things many times as I go, but the new sheath works really well in the first place I tried it... I shoot right handed, but I'm really a lefty and consider myself ambidextrous with a knife, so it works nicely at my off hand. I'm loving that knife, it's a beast!
I'm looking forward to my new Slim belt, I think it'll work even better than this. It's not exactly what I want but hopefully it'll be usable.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks. Even with all the pouches, the stuff was sliding around until I put on the Missing Links:

http://s27.postimg.org/7wmxvjl0z/PLI_0094.jpg

It looks like there's a lot of crap, but it's mainly the stuff I consider either necessary or really nice to have. The two pouches on the ends are my light and multitool, two rifle + two pistol Tacos on a Raven subload (keeps them low enough to not be affected by my side plates), general-purpose fixed blade (ESEE5, I have a "fighting" knife on my PC that can easily be accessed with either hand), bottle corset (fits Klean Kanteen stainless bottles, Nalgenes, Monster, water, whatever), dump pouch and holster.

The dump pouch will probably disappear soon and get replaced with a small blowout kit, or just a tourniquet since I have a large medkit on my PC. I've never actually used the dump pouch in any training so far. I might try a couple of other mounting options for it before I decide, though.

I've rearranged things many times as I go, but the new sheath works really well in the first place I tried it. I love that knife, it's a beast!

I'm looking forward to my new Slim belt, I think it'll work just as well as this. It's not exactly what I want but hopefully it'll be usable.

View All Quotes

I've rearranged things many times as I go, but the new sheath works really well in the first place I tried it. I love that knife, it's a beast!

I'm looking forward to my new Slim belt, I think it'll work just as well as this. It's not exactly what I want but hopefully it'll be usable.

Cheaper option is to have grippy stuff sewed along the inside of the belt. tac tailor did my fobbit belt for like ten bucks and using malice clips nothing slid, but I could adjust them as needed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:44:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jd0509] [#18]

Cheaper option is to have grippy stuff sewed along the inside of the belt. tac tailor did my fobbit belt for like ten bucks and using malice clips nothing slid, but I could adjust them as needed.
View All Quotes

Now that's interesting, what'd you have for a Fobbit belt?  Pouch for a coffee mug, dump pouch for all the good stuff from the PX, and the whole thing made out of PT belts?

In all seriousness, as I mess with the warbelt idea to carry my pistol and 40mm goodness, not wanting to wear all that crap around all the time it seems like a fob belt for just my pistol, a tiny blow out kit, l and a radio pouch for working SOG would be a great middle ground.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:42:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazyWhiteGuy] [#19]
Originally Posted By jd0509:

Now that's interesting, what'd you have for a Fobbit belt?  Pouch for a coffee mug, dump pouch for all the good stuff from the PX, and the whole thing made out of PT belts?

In all seriousness, as I mess with the warbelt idea to carry my pistol and 40mm goodness, not wanting to wear all that crap around all the time it seems like a fob belt for just my pistol, a tiny blow out kit, l and a radio pouch for working SOG would be a great middle ground.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jd0509:

Tac tailor pistol belt with grippy stuff, a short ar mag pouch, and two pistol tacos. One for pistol reload and one for surefire flashlight. I put the g code duty drop mount on it to just switch my stuff over. 1st tour I hung a HSGI bleeder on it, 2nd tour just rubber banded a TQ on it. I'll post a pic. Tell ya what though I hate duty belts. I haven't had the Velcro on last more than a year and a half. My plan is to replace the three two inch belts I own (war belt, fobbit belt, three gun belt) with emdom belts and buy cobra buckles to swap onto the deployment ones.

I've got a set of TT single pouches for a pistol mag, flashlight, gerber from my first tour but I'm putting those on my vest for this next one since my BB carries most if my gear. Those are great though if you can get em on sale.

The tacos were from my 3gun rig, and the mag pouch is a modified MC speed pouch with the top flap cut off. It has grippy stuff inside.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:19:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thornejc] [#20]
View All Quotes

I took mine off... it sucked at 6.  I could get it in there but it was just as quick to get it back in the tacos.  Unless it is at 3 or 4, i wouldn't really have the efficiency that I would like.  That being said ...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_98/1407692_WTT_HSGI_Dump_Pouch_for_sling_or_sling_mount_or_mags.html

Originally Posted By LeonC:
Originally Posted By thornejc:
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/thornejc23/Belt1_zps2e0f7362.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/thornejc23/Belt2_zps3398ae21.jpg

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/thornejc23/Belt3_zps23b35630.jpg

1st attempt at a belt.  I've tried a few and liked them but I really think the feel of this one is super solid.  Obviously the med pouch needs med supplies ... forgot to order that stuff.  Do y'all think quikclot or a chest seal is more important bc its not a huge pouch.  Also, are most of y'all EMT certified?  I am in pharmacy school so i probably should anyways but wondering if it is worth the time investment.  Had a shooting at school today so kinda made me think that is something I might want to get done.  Thanks

what belt is that?

It's a Crye Low Profile
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#21]
After doing a lot of movement in confined spaces with my rig today I decided I need to slim it down. My HSGI blowout on the QD gcode attachment sticks out too much. Anyone suggest a small rip pouch for gauze, CAT, and sharpie?

Also ditching the double Deckers for single tacos.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By PFCMoxy:
After doing a lot of movement in confined spaces with my rig today I decided I need to slim it down. My HSGI blowout on the QD gcode attachment sticks out too much. Anyone suggest a small rip pouch for gauze, CAT, and sharpie?

View Quote

Do you have pic's of the old setup and the new one?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Put the FAK in the back and don't use a g code attachement, just hang it off the belt with malice clips.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:39:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#24]
Double post, dunno why

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 5:31:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wikoli] [#25]
Disregard, double post.  Not sure how that happened.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I also ditched my double deckers for single tacos.  Not only did I feel they stood out to much, I also had an issue indexing correctly with them.  And yes I practiced, but on the timer, I am much quicker with the single tacos than the double deckers.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:58:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#27]
Double post, so I edited one, then my actual post got deleted...

Anyway my new HSGI Slim Grip came in. HUGE pita to assemble due to the stuff I'm using, but so far I like it. Haven't actually used it yet. This is the initial setup, 99% chance things will get moved.

As you can see, I've got everything below the top of the belt, which keeps it out of the way of my PC when I'm using it as well.

I also have a 2" Atlas coming in so I can do a comparison. One of them will be for sale soon

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 2:48:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wikoli] [#28]
Okay, I'm going to try this again.  Not sure what happened, but I posted this already.  Unfortunately it double tapped for some reason.  Then my original post disappeared and my edited double stayed.  

So finally after a lot of lurker status in this thread on my part... I bring my work in progress.

The layout has been functional for me as it is so far. Admittedly, I have really only worn it to evaluate how it feels and item placement while performing various types of movement and stances while setting it up. Aside from that it has only seen light range use so far. As I get the opportunity to use it more often I will continue to evaluate it and make changes accordingly. I think it is important that it be a continuous process.

When I was configuring my belt the initial things I had in mind were:

1. I do not want any items in my immediate front to make it easier to hug the ground, but I still want magazines close enough for effective and efficient reloads.
2. I do not want to increase my profile by having items stacked out on top of each other. This is why I tried to stick with one item per belt real estate slot, with the exception of the reserve pistol magazines stacked on the reserve rifle magazine pouch. Incidentally, those magazines are approximately in my 8 o'clock position and have not interfered with anything so far.
3. I want to be able to reach my multi-tool and/or my fixed blade with both hands. For the time being I have the multi-tool in front of my pistol holster and my fixed blade behind it, but I have reversed this configuration and tried it as well--with no issues in either case. I will leave it as it is for now.
4. I want to be able to reach my first aid kit with both hands, but given the size of the kit I do not want it in front of me. For now I have settled with having it at 6 o'clock. I can reach it with either hand and I also found that I can pull the belt around my waist if I need to.
5. I want to keep it fairly light, but still have the essentials. Reserve magazines and/or the fixed blade may be sacrificed if upon further evaluation more mobility is needed.

In the future, I hope to replace my first aid/GP pouch with something slimmer like the ITS ETA Tallboy Trauma Kit and I need a light. (Possible light pouch/holder placement would be next to my pistol Fastmag reload. Weapon mounted is also a consideration but I prefer to have a separate light source as well.)
In addition to that I would like to include a water bottle/canteen to the right of it and maybe throw the compact dump pouch I have on the opposite side.
If I decide not to include the dump pouch, then I will consider a water source on each side of a slimmer IFAK.

One other thing I would like to make happen is replace my holster with a modular system that will allow me to interchange holsters for various pistols without stripping down the entire belt. I am currently considering G-Code products.

This turned out to be a longer write up than I initially intended, but I wanted to share. Thanks for reading if you stuck around for it.  

Constructive criticism welcomed and feel free to ask questions.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:14:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Double post, so I edited one, then my actual post got deleted...

Anyway my new HSGI Slim Grip came in. HUGE pita to assemble due to the stuff I'm using, but so far I like it. Haven't actually used it yet. This is the initial setup, 99% chance things will get moved.

http://s29.postimg.org/kya6nqsrb/20150307_183351.jpg

As you can see, I've got everything below the top of the belt, which keeps it out of the way of my PC when I'm using it as well.

I also have a 2" Atlas coming in so I can do a comparison. One of them will be for sale soon  
View Quote

Please give an update on this when you use it, I'm seriously contemplating this belt.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone make a good holster for the FNX45? I use a GCode RTI for my 1911, but I've taken to practicing with my FNX, and it has some good functionality/capacity that makes me want to carry it more.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By RocketmanOU:

Does anyone make a good holster for the FNX45? I use a GCode RTI for my 1911, but I've taken to practicing with my FNX, and it has some good functionality/capacity that makes me want to carry it more.
View Quote
I have one from Off the Grid Concepts that works well. They have an RTI option, and another option that allows you to use the holster with or without a WML. I like it enough that I got one for my Glock 17 as well.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Bladetech WRS is my go to for the gun.  G-Code makes a RTI hanger for Bladetech screw patterns, so in order to have interchangeability, all you need to do is order the hanger, unscrew the mount that comes with the Bladetech, screw in the hanger, and hook it on any of your RTI wheels.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I have one from Off the Grid Concepts that works well. They have an RTI option, and another option that allows you to use the holster with or without a WML. I like it enough that I got one for my Glock 17 as well.  
View All Quotes

OTG makes excellent holsters.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By cofi:

http://i.imgur.com/2ikeksC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2oi8tJN.jpg

I'm always up for suggestions I have a boo boo kit in my pack and a fairly intensive med pack I bring to shoots (plus a bunch of casualty care classes taken in the last few years)

View All Quotes
The scissors fit inside the fatboy. Mines are in the pack of the fat pocket at an angle.

I don't think I could fit a tic tac in mine at this point :)

What do you all have in there?

I have a shit ton of stuff in there, plus a TC3 flex book just in case I get shot and some cake eater doesn't remember how to treat a casualty

Remember the FAK is for you, extra med shit should go in your backpack.

http://i.imgur.com/2ikeksC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2oi8tJN.jpg

I'm always up for suggestions I have a boo boo kit in my pack and a fairly intensive med pack I bring to shoots (plus a bunch of casualty care classes taken in the last few years)

That's a 6" OLAES in your IFAK right? If you're gonna go with one, get the 4". They are also packed flat and take up way less space than the 6". Those damn things are massive.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:45:43 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

I had Armiger Solutions make me a holster for my 1911 on a safariland low-ride and it's awesome.  I bought a glock so he's making me one for that too, and then I'll be using a QLS to swap between them.

and email them.  Josh is a great guy, http://www.armigersolutions.com/
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Ok, I have to admit I've never worn any sort of "war belt" type of thing, but I have worn Safariland basketweave leather and Bianchi patroltek duty rigs....what's the advantage of gear like in this thread vs a typical duty rig?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Nylon, MOLLE, internet cool points.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Taktiq:
Ok, I have to admit I've never worn any sort of "war belt" type of thing, but I have worn Safariland basketweave leather and Bianchi patroltek duty rigs....what's the advantage of gear like in this thread vs a typical duty rig?
View Quote

Greater flexibility in mounting issued molle gear, better comfort for long term wear with heavy loads and with armor.

Downside is it's larger profile and doesn't look as trim and classy as the police type basket weave duty belts.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Greater flexibility in mounting issued molle gear, better comfort for long term wear with heavy loads and with armor.

Downside is it's larger profile and doesn't look as trim and classy as the police type basket weave duty belts.
View All Quotes

Well, I don't have any issued molle gear and I don't carry heavy loads (unless you count college textbooks) and don't wear body armor any more (thank god). I mean it looks pretty comfortable, but I'm wanting to eventually try getting into 3 gun and tactical shooting courses and I can't see how it offers any more advantages than gear I've worn in the past. So effectively it seems it's just personal preference?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:59:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#40]
Largely personal, but one benefit for me is that a flexible belt doesn't require an inner velcro belt or keepers. That's why I have an Atlas on order, I'll be able to use it with or without an inner belt.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:06:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Taktiq] [#41]
Largely personal, but one benefit for me is that a flexible belt doesn't require an inner velcro belt or keepers. That's why I have an Atlas on order, I'll be able to use it with or without an inner belt.
View Quote

Meh, I normally wear a regular belt anyway so keepers are a non issue. I knew several officers who wore a duty belt without keepers or velcro. I just don't think it feels right, but to each their own. My only issue is wearing a holster...never done that as I didn't get to carry a sidearm as an animal control officer.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Well, I don't have any issued molle gear and I don't carry heavy loads (unless you count college textbooks) and don't wear body armor any more (thank god). I mean it looks pretty comfortable, but I'm wanting to eventually try getting into 3 gun and tactical shooting courses and I can't see how it offers any more advantages than gear I've worn in the past. So effectively it seems it's just personal preference?
View All Quotes

Yes. My three gun with my battle belt is no better than my three gun with my loaner cheap duty belt, holster, shell pouch and mag pouch.

For non .mil and former .mil guys, the benefit is being able to break in and test out a piece of deployment/SHTF gear for the cost of ammo and three gun fee rather than paying 1k+ for a class each time they wanna change something.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:25:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilkyJohnson] [#43]
changed my belt a little.  got tacos because i'll be switching between a 1911 and my new glock 20.  kydex by Armiger Solutions.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#44]

Finally got around to posting a pic.  HSGI battle belt with OSOE D ring riggers belt (I cut off the buckles in the pic).  L-R ITW clip, 3 HSGI Double Decker Tacos, Dump pouch hung from the riggers belt through one of the slots, HSGI Soft Taco with ATS Med Insert, MOLLE canteen pouch that has been Krylo-flaged acting as a GP pouch, Mora knife, small crappy pouch holding a flashlight.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 3:02:18 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:59:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#46]
Here is my belt setup currently.  I have yet to get any real carbine/pistol class experience with it.  Mainly just draw practice at home and at range every now and again.  I am not sure if I have it adjusted wrong, but I have it to where I suck in ever so slightly to get it clipped together.

Even with my shirt tucked in any running, or jumping makes this thing ride up around my stomach.  Squatting down causes it to ride up too and I have to re-adjust it to get it back straight and where it needs to be.  What am I doing wrong?

I also am finding it very difficult to utilize my dump pouch.  Could just be the pouch I have?  It's hard to "find the hole" so to speak  

pics:

I also realize my Pmags are backwards, just stuffed them in for the pic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Here is my belt setup currently.  I have yet to get any real carbine/pistol class experience with it.  Mainly just draw practice at home and at range every now and again.  I am not sure if I have it adjusted wrong, but I have it to where I suck in ever so slightly to get it clipped together.

Even with my shirt tucked in any running, or jumping makes this thing ride up around my stomach.  Squatting down causes it to ride up too and I have to re-adjust it to get it back straight and where it needs to be.  What am I doing wrong?

I also am finding it very difficult to utilize my dump pouch.  Could just be the pouch I have?  It's hard to "find the hole" so to speak  

pics:

<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BrOdBaNd_2006/media/6C22E8B0-B3DE-496A-BADA-5D70A6C687C2_zpsnvfkfuys.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/6C22E8B0-B3DE-496A-BADA-5D70A6C687C2_zpsnvfkfuys.jpg</a>

View Quote

I think i figured it out.
Loosen it up a bit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:32:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#48]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

Loosen it up a bit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

pics:

<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BrOdBaNd_2006/media/6C22E8B0-B3DE-496A-BADA-5D70A6C687C2_zpsnvfkfuys.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/BrOdBaNd_2006/6C22E8B0-B3DE-496A-BADA-5D70A6C687C2_zpsnvfkfuys.jpg</a>

Loosen it up a bit.

I'll give it a shot, but it just seems to be going against the whole thing about tightening something to stop it from moving around as much.

We shall see, I will report back
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:53:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#49]
I just loosened my belt and it seems to have fixed the problem right away, at least for the time being.

I was also wearing my battle belt at the same height as my normal belt which may have contributed to the problem.  Now it sits below my belt, more-so on the top of my ass cheeks, so we will see if that works.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm not thrilled with my HSGI Slimgrip. Being narrower, it's even easier for it to slip out of position, especially over another belt as I feared.

I'm looking forward to the Atlas, I'm guessing it'll be here in a week or so. I think it might be the one I stick with.
Page / 154
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top