Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 4:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TODD-67] [#1]
As others have stated it really builds down to what shoots well in your guns. I run Eley or Lapua/SK in my precision guns and CCI STD velocity in everything else. The one exception is RWS 50 match ammo that shot very well in my CZ 457 and it was dirt cheap so I laid 15k in the fort.

Norma Tac shoots well but it is a challenge in hot weather loading mags with al the lube they use on it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jagdterrier:
CCI SV & CCI Mini-Mags
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2024 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Pain meds just made me order 4,000 rounds from brownells.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kokopelli:
View Quote

Got my 6k rounds last week or so ago, arrived in great condition no complaints.

I have a little over 20k rds of .22lr
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kokopelli:
View Quote

These things happen. There's no shame in it.

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#6]
CCI SV in bulk, whatever Ammoseek tells me is the best price. I’m almost out of my last case so I’ll start watching for prices.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Favorit is Winchester M22 (and that's about the only thing from Winchester I like) - clean, accurate, good.  "Decent" cost effectiveness.

Most cost effective has been Aguila.  Probably because not Vista affiliated or affected, so closer to actual fair price.  Make sure to get the copper washed high velocity. Their standard velocity is very dirty and crap.    High velocity is much cleaner.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Favorit is Winchester M22 (and that's about the only thing from Winchester I like) - clean, accurate, good.  "Decent" cost effectiveness.

Most cost effective has been Aguila.  Probably because not Vista affiliated or affected, so closer to actual fair price.  Make sure to get the copper washed high velocity. Their standard velocity is very dirty and crap.    High velocity is much cleaner.
View Quote

I have had excellent luck with their standard velocity, IME just as good as CCI Standard.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:07:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LeadBreakfast] [#9]
In order of preference here:

Standard velocity:
CCI SV
Aguila SV

Supersonic:
CCI mini mags
Aguila HV
Federal AutoMatch

Stuff that doesn't seem to work well for accuracy in anything:
Federal bulk pack
Federal Champion

Obviously there are tons of other options, this is what makes sense to me from a cost/value perspective for hunting, pesting and plinking, no competition.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:
In order of preference here:

Standard velocity:
CCI SV
Aguila SV

Supersonic:
CCI mini mags
Aguila HV
Federal AutoMatch

Stuff that doesn't seem to work well for accuracy in anything:
Federal bulk pack
Federal Champion

Obviously there are tons of other options, this is what makes sense to me from a cost/value perspective for hunting, pesting and plinking, no competition.
View Quote

Same order for me too, I use Federal bulk pack when I’m just shooting tin cans at 25 yards or less. Federal Auto Match is good stuff not great but good. My suppressed MKIV loves American Eagle suppressor ammo.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top