Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 11:50:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#1]
Are traditional hunting semiauto rifles an option?  If so,

Remington 742 hunting rifles (and other variants) are available in .243, 244 (6mm Rem), .280 Rem, .308 Win, .30-06
Browning hunting BAR in .243, .270, .308, .30-06, 7mm Rem Mag. .300 Win Mag

These come to mind.  While they are magazine fed, the OEM magazines usually limit capacity to 3-4-5 shots depending on calibre.

Larger capacity magazines may be available from aftermarket sources.  These are powerful hunting cartridges and the civilian hunting BAR is available in magnum loads including 300 Win Mag.

Unless you anticipate a need for high magazine capacity (if legal) they perform extremely reliably if sustained fire is not needed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MS556:  Are traditional hunting semiauto rifles an option?  If so,

Remington 742 hunting rifles (and other variants) are available in .243, 244 (6mm Rem), .280 Rem, .308 Win, .30-06
Browning hunting BAR in .243, .270, .308, .30-06, 7mm Rem Mag. .300 Win Mag

These come to mind.  While they are magazine fed, the OEM magazines usually limit capacity to 3-4-5 shots depending on calibre.

Larger capacity magazines may be available from aftermarket sources.  These are powerful hunting cartridges and the civilian hunting BAR is available in magnum loads including 300 Win Mag.

Unless you anticipate a need for high magazine capacity (if legal) they perform extremely reliably if sustained fire is not needed.
View Quote

Fair point.  There were the semi-auto Winchesters in .243 & .308 as well.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#3]
The M1 Carbine is banned by name in NJ, if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 6/22/2024 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jkirkon:
The M1 Carbine is banned by name in NJ, if I recall correctly.
View Quote

Geez.  Any links?
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 2:43:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fgshoot] [#5]
It's kind of obscure, but one of my grail guns is a Remington model 81 in 35 remington with the Kreiger 15 round detachable magazines. I can't imagine a Remington model 8 or 81 being banned anywhere. The standard models with internal magazines aren't even that much money, especially for the less desirable cartridges.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top