Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 2:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Salah and Mané were out there having fun.

Good to see
View Quote
It was good to see Salah looking like himself.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#2]
When does the Premiere League kick off..?
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 4:07:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Any interest in fantasy premier league again this year?
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 6:33:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When does the Premiere League kick off..?
View Quote
Friday August 10. ManU v Leicester City   3:00PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
i'm in
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh my

MU looks to be in conflict already.

I will refrain from commentary to the best of my ability.

Why did the FA limit the transfer window? Doesn’t it hamper them?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I say yes but it'll end up like almost all fantasy sports I do save my work leagues and stop paying attention half way through.

I ran the Arf Fantasy Hockey league last season and did the same thing. Gave away a cool knife though
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Glory, glory Man United.....glory, glory Man United, glory, glory Man United, and the reds go marching on, on, on....
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i'm in
View Quote
Cool.  Think I have to “renew” the league so I’ll get that done and drop a link in the thread.

I kind of walked away with it last year but I’m going to lose this year.  I have a 5 week old at home now and I’m exhausted/retarded.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#10]
On a feels good note.

The Ol Gaffer is doing well and recouping from his brain hemorrhage.

He put out a TwitVid. Love that guy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
On a feels good note.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262787/60747A1D-6D60-43BA-9504-E22C033D54BD-619952.JPG
View Quote
Best of luck to SAF.

Shaqiri to Studge!
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Best of luck to SAF.

Shaqiri to Studge!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On a feels good note.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/262787/60747A1D-6D60-43BA-9504-E22C033D54BD-619952.JPG
Best of luck to SAF.

Shaqiri to Studge!
Yeah right thru the legs of two defenders tough ball

Salahs pen was a weak ass call.

Never woulda been during regular season.

He looks spry after his shoulder tho.

Tough to judge with most of United still on break but I’m enjoying the young guys. Tuanzabe had held his own. And Peirra looks real good. Nice hit fir the goal too.

Eta wtf another lame one
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Shambolic. Confusion

But that’s a damn fine finish.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah right thru the legs of two defenders tough ball

Salahs pen was a weak ass call.

Never woulda been during regular season.

He looks spry after his shoulder tho.

Tough to judge with most of United still on break but I’m enjoying the young guys. Tuanzabe had held his own. And Peirra looks real good. Nice hit fir the goal too.

Eta wtf another lame one
View Quote
Yeah that was a weak penalty on Herrera.

Shaqiri with the stunner! I that's a lot of effort for such a stout man.

Had to rewind, was taking a pic
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#16]
what does Shaqiri eat for breakfast?  i gots to know!

ps

Link Posted: 7/28/2018 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://ziva.losdos.dyndns.org/public/misc/shaqiri.jpg

ps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dINKM1FLX8
View Quote
Dude had a similar goals in the '16 Euros, he's an animal.  I was psyched to get this guy, I think he could earn a place in the starting lineup.  Imagine him and Kieta working with the front 3 with a DM behind them.  So much more creativity then our starting midfield in the CL final.

Everyone rips on him for being lazy or uncommitted.  He's been playing for fucking Stoke for 3-4 years.  He's hungry to prove himself... that makes me happy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#18]
28 years.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah that was a weak penalty on Herrera.

Shaqiri with the stunner! I that's a lot of effort for such a stout man.

Had to rewind, was taking a pic
https://i.imgur.com/McNl9OC.jpg
View Quote
This year’s home jersey is stunning.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
28 years.
View Quote
no, i think you are off with that number -- it's been far less time than that since a Chelsea player cheated on his wife and two kids by sleeping with his teammate's girlfriend.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ps

View Quote
I first noticed him in the 2014 World Cup when he was still with Bayern.

Xherdan Shaqiri Amazing Goal Against Hondorus Worldcup 2014 Hd

Watched him in Serie A after he went to Inter and figured I'd see more of him when he went to Stoke. He had flashes of brilliance there - look for his best goals on youtube to find another bicycle kick like yesterday -  but he knew he was at, well, Stoke.  I'm betting playing for Klopp and on a contender will motivate him to  play like this consistently.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Renewed it, so everyone who was in last year should be back in automatically if they fire up FPL.

If anyone who didn't participate last year wants in, here's the code to join the league: 1498358-338392

And a link to FPL for the lazy click here
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm really excited for this season.

Huge off season moves, much less drama brewing beneath the surface and there's going to be a fight for first team spots
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dude had a similar goals in the '16 Euros, he's an animal.  I was psyched to get this guy, I think he could earn a place in the starting lineup.  Imagine him and Kieta working with the front 3 with a DM behind them.  So much more creativity then our starting midfield in the CL final.

Everyone rips on him for being lazy or uncommitted.  He's been playing for fucking Stoke for 3-4 years.  He's hungry to prove himself... that makes me happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ps

Ive paid attention to him on Stoke. He’s a tough bug with good foot skills. Always wanted him. He’s gonna help them immensely. 13 million is s steal.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Almost forgot

Numbah Won Sahn’s birfday....,

Got him an offbeat jersey.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Welsh National Team away jersey.

Edit

Kittay gives no fucks...
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Renewed it, so everyone who was in last year should be back in automatically if they fire up FPL.

If anyone who didn't participate last year wants in, here's the code to join the league: 1498358-338392

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In, and initial crappy team selected

At least FPL doesn't have a relegation feature
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Liverpool brings it against Torino

I'm excited
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#28]
First blood to Man City.

Firsts pice of Silverware in the Trophy Cabinet today for the 2018/19 season.

Man City take Chelsea down in a 2-0 victory to win the Charity Shield.

Link Posted: 8/8/2018 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#29]
What does everyone predict is going to happen this season. I have the following.

Top 4:
Man City
Liverpool
Man United
Arsenal

Golden boot:
Kane

Golden glove:
De gea

Player of the year:
De bruyne
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Top 4:
Man City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Tottenham

Golden boot:
Kane

Golden glove:
Allisson  

Player of the year:
Hazard

Not that I'm a Chelsea fan, but if they can sort their GK situation I fear a resurgence from them.  This is supposed to be an "on" year for them looking at their previous cycle, and it sounds like Eden is happy again.  Also looking at history, we're due for a Jose blow up and subsequent MU crash out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#31]
"Also looking at history, we're due for a Jose blow up and subsequent MU crash out"

Yep and he already started with Pogba.  Way to go Jose.  Going to be a long season at Old Trafford I fear.  I'm hoping top four but I'm prepared for 5th to 6th.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What does everyone predict is going to happen this season. I have the following.

Top 4:
Man City
Liverpool
Man United
Arsenal

Golden boot:
Kane

Golden glove:
De gea

Player of the year:
De bruyne
View Quote
I think City doesn't run away with it this year but they look like they can repeat. Liverpool can win it though but it's going to take not losing to teams they should beat handily

Golden Boot:
Salah

Golden Glove :
Alisson

Player of the Year:
De Bruyne, the man is a beast in all aspects.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I think City doesn't run away with it this year but they look like they can repeat. Liverpool can win it though but it's going to take not losing to teams they should beat handily

Golden Boot:
Salah

Golden Glove :
Alisson

Player of the Year:
De Bruyne, the man is a beast in all aspects.
View Quote
Yeah, but that MC midfield is so stacked, he's not going to be able to separate himself as the superstar he is.  At least IMO.

Salah looks like he could get 30+ epl goals again.  I still couldn't bring myself to eat his price on the fantasy league.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah, but that MC midfield is so stacked, he's not going to be able to separate himself as the superstar he is.  At least IMO.

Salah looks like he could get 30+ epl goals again.  I still couldn't bring myself to eat his price on the fantasy league.
View Quote
The man is playing 5D soccer. Knows where everyone on the pitch is and will be in the next 20 seconds. Great intuitive player as well with a cannon of a shot.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not that I'm a Chelsea fan, but if they can sort their GK situation I fear a resurgence from them.  This is supposed to be an "on" year for them looking at their previous cycle, and it sounds like Eden is happy again.  Also looking at history, we're due for a Jose blow up and subsequent MU crash out.
View Quote
Well, Courtois has pouted his way to RM. Meanwhile, Kepa's release clause has been posted, officially terminating his contract with Bilbao. Just a matter of time before Chelsea announces his signing.

ETA: hell, I would have just swapped Courtois for Navas, straight up, no strings attached.

ETA2: Kepa signs 7-year deal after becoming the world's most expensive goal keeper with a transfer fee of 80m/71.6m/$92m
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well, Courtois has pouted his way to RM. Meanwhile, Kepa's release clause has been posted, officially terminating his contract with Bilbao. Just a matter of time before Chelsea announces his signing.

ETA: hell, I would have just swapped Courtois for Navas, straight up, no strings attached.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Courtois and Navas. Who starts?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"Also looking at history, we're due for a Jose blow up and subsequent MU crash out"

Yep and he already started with Pogba.  Way to go Jose.  Going to be a long season at Old Trafford I fear.  I'm hoping top four but I'm prepared for 5th to 6th.
View Quote
Bookies have him as the favorite for first one to get sacked.  It can't happen soon enough.  Shit personality and shit style of play.

I'm not sure who they would pick up to take over if he goes though.  Zidane I don't see coming ponchitino just resigned and Levy is never letting him go to United.  However I can't see him being happy with their business and if they fail to get top 4 I can see some of their stars heading out.

My dream is to see him and that little troll Woodward heading for the exit doors.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought a swap made the most sense.  That's what was going to happen before the fax machine error with de gea. I didnt want to see de gea go but I thought a swap netted a skilled keeper so it wouldn't have been a catastrophe.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#39]
COYS

Attachment Attached File

I bartend at a soccer bar at 7:30 AM on Saturdays and 8:30 AM on Sundays.  Looks like I'm not getting anything done on the weekends for the next 9 months.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Reportedly with an option to buy
Attachment Attached File

And the world's most expensive shot-stopper
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is a good question. RM likes to play out of the back, and that is not Courtois' strong suit. He seems...awkward...with the ball at his feet. Navas isn't going to want to ride the pine, but I don't think Courtois would bitch too much about being second fiddle. He just wanted to be closer to his family in Madrid. It was either RM or Atletico, and he certainly wouldn't start in front of Oblak (which is who I wish Chelsea had splashed the cash on). Courtois is the hot hand right now coming off a Gold Glove at the World Cup, but Navas has multiple UCL trophies to his name. Of the two, I know who I'd start...and his name isn't Thibaut Courtois.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Of the two, I know who I'd start...and his name isn't Thibaut Courtois.
View Quote
Thibault will sell many more jerseys though. I'd be interested in seeing how many non-Brazilian South and Central Americans there are in La Liga. That group doesn't seem to get the same respect as the European and Brazilian players.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Almost time!
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Almost time!
View Quote
20 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#45]
One more chance to join the fantasy league!

What you gain: an appreciation for games and players you otherwise wouldn’t care about.

Bragging rights.  (Or not, we don’t really shit talk about fantasy on this thread).

I’ll buy the winner a bronze membership and a Magpul D60 (or something comparable if your AO doesn’t allow fun mags).

If I win yet again I’ll buy myself stuff and y’all can suck it.

Code to enter the league: 1498358-338392
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#46]
soccer humor:

Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
One more chance to join the fantasy league!

What you gain: an appreciation for games and players you otherwise wouldn't care about.

Bragging rights.  (Or not, we don't really shit talk about fantasy on this thread).

I'll buy the winner a bronze membership and a Magpul D60 (or something comparable if your AO doesn't allow fun mags).

If I win yet again I'll buy myself stuff and y'all can suck it.

Code to enter the league: 1498358-338392
View Quote
fuck it

Link Posted: 8/9/2018 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Alright fucked with my team 100 times but I think I have a good mix now.  It's almost time to get it on.

Who won last year?

I hear the guy that won 16/17 is looking to make it 2 out of 3 and prevent a repeat champion.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Who won last year?
View Quote
That would be me.  

Starscream has the best team name though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:54:59 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
Excellent.  

A few more hours to get in! (Or you can always join week 2)
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top