Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm a conservative,
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Democrats controlled the house for all eight years so what choice did he have?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reagan compromised with Democrats.
The Democrats controlled the house for all eight years so what choice did he have?
They control the Senate still. Some of the dem members are just illiterate and have an R next to their name.   
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It seems that some people have managed to lose sight of the fact that the debt ceiling is measured in dollars not days, weeks or months.

We have the spectacle of the Republican leadership wanting to increase the debt ceiling by a greater amount than the Democrats.

We have the greater spectacle of people arguing that increasing the debt ceiling by a greater sum is the "conservative" position.

The current situation with the U.S. government is a learning opportunity.
Unfortunately many people will not take the opportunity.
View Quote
So, Schumer and Pelosi are the conservatives in this situation?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That makes no sense.

How does giving Pelosi and Schumer everything they want, achieve that in any way whatever?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is Trump so ineffective and boxed in that he cannot get anything done without kowtowing to Democrats, or is he so powerful that he's playing 6D chess and outwitting everyone, Repub and Dem alike?
What were the Congressional Republicans going to have to give the Dems to get them to go ahead with an 18 month extension of the budget and raise of the debts cealing? The Dems want the budget as a campaign issues, so what would they have demanded to let that weapon stay in the holster?

You think a 3 month deal sucks, what do you think the McConnell/Ryan Compromise would have looked like?
Trump gave Pelosi and Schumer everything they wanted, and got nothing in return.

Pelosi and Schumer wanted the debt ceiling to remain an issue that they could leverage for MORE in a few months...they got it.

They wanted money for Harvey, and zero cuts anywhere to offset the spending...they got it.

They offered nothing, and got everything.

Where is the winning?
They got three months, when his enemies in the GOPe got jack shit and have to work through their Christmas Recess. There was going to be a debt ceiling increase and a deal...the question is how much were the Congressional Republicans willing to give to get their 18 month window to do nothing? You are mad at Trump and yet you have not address the RINOs that were in the room.
Ryan and Mnuchin wanted the 18 months, to avoid giving Schumer any leverage over the budget.

Ryan was also pushing for spending cuts to offset any Harvey spending.

But the President instead went with the Pelosi/Schumer package.

There is no spinning this.
Ryan wanted 18 months so that he and his  team did not have to make any hard votes till after the election. As for spending limits, did you not see the last two bill Ryan helped write? There is no spinning those two CRs and what Ryan gave the Dems to get them. You think Ryan was suddenly going to defend fiscal restraint? This was another shell game from Ryan.
So what exactly  did the President "get" from the Pelosi/Schumer plan?

The Ryan Harvey relief bill would have passed without requiring any dem votes, but they would have voted for it anyhow.  

AND it would not have been tied to the debt ceiling increase.  

Instead, we get the Pelosi/Schumer plan.
He just told you in his post............Trump apparently believed this keeps Ryan's feet to the fire on other legislation because Ryan's plan apparently was designed to allow him to dodge making any policy decisions/votes, etc., until after the 2018 elections.

That's what he said in his post.........I do NOT know if that is accurate though.
That makes no sense.

How does giving Pelosi and Schumer everything they want, achieve that in any way whatever?
I am just telling you that he did answer your question..........I do NOT know if he is right though.

All I can say about this whole situation and others involving Trump and the GOPe is they better start getting along better or it is possible the democraps will start winning back more seats in Congress.

They better start coming together more and cooperate with each other more............because right now all I know is the GOPe absolutely despises Trump and wants him to fail and as a result of this ongoing desire of theirs, Trump decided out of frustration and anger to partner with the democraps on this one.

In other words it is a clusterfuck and is the typical infighting we have seen for YEARS with republicans.............it sucks and is childish IMHO.

If they do not grow up and cooperate I can envision the democraps sliding in by saying things like "well since the GOP did NOTHING during their term, we DO have a solution to fix Obongocare, blah, blah, blah.........."

And that MIGHT WORK for them IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am just telling you that he did answer your question..........I do NOT know if he is right though.

All I can say about this whole situation and others involving Trump and the GOPe is they better start getting along better or it is possible the democraps will start winning back more seats in Congress.

They better start coming together more and cooperate with each other more............because right now all I know is the GOPe absolutely despises Trump and wants him to fail and as a result of this ongoing desire of theirs, Trump decided out of frustration and anger to partner with the democraps on this one.

In other words it is a clusterfuck and is the typical infighting we have seen for YEARS with republicans.............it sucks and is childish IMHO.

If they do not grow up and cooperate I can envision the democraps sliding in by saying things like "well since the GOP did NOTHING during their term, we DO have a solution to fix Obongocare, blah, blah, blah.........."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is Trump so ineffective and boxed in that he cannot get anything done without kowtowing to Democrats, or is he so powerful that he's playing 6D chess and outwitting everyone, Repub and Dem alike?
What were the Congressional Republicans going to have to give the Dems to get them to go ahead with an 18 month extension of the budget and raise of the debts cealing? The Dems want the budget as a campaign issues, so what would they have demanded to let that weapon stay in the holster?

You think a 3 month deal sucks, what do you think the McConnell/Ryan Compromise would have looked like?
Trump gave Pelosi and Schumer everything they wanted, and got nothing in return.

Pelosi and Schumer wanted the debt ceiling to remain an issue that they could leverage for MORE in a few months...they got it.

They wanted money for Harvey, and zero cuts anywhere to offset the spending...they got it.

Where is the winning?
They got three months, when his enemies in the GOPe got jack shit and have to work through their Christmas Recess. There was going to be a debt ceiling increase and a deal...the question is how much were the Congressional Republicans willing to give to get their 18 month window to do nothing? You are mad at Trump and yet you have not address the RINOs that were in the room.
Ryan and Mnuchin wanted the 18 months, to avoid giving Schumer any leverage over the budget.

Ryan wanted 18 months so that he and his  team did not have to make any hard votes till after the election. As for spending limits, did you not see the last two bill Ryan helped write? There is no spinning those two CRs and what Ryan gave the Dems to get them. You think Ryan was suddenly going to defend fiscal restraint? This was another shell game from Ryan.

The Ryan Harvey relief bill would have passed without requiring any dem votes, but they would have voted for it anyhow.  

He just told you in his post............Trump apparently believed this keeps Ryan's feet to the fire on other legislation because Ryan's plan apparently was designed to allow him to dodge making any policy decisions/votes, etc., until after the 2018 elections.

That's what he said in his post.........I do NOT know if that is accurate though.
That makes no sense.

Why don't you know?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:47:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what makes you think others do not know this?
View Quote
I prefer to presume people have lost sight of the facts rather than to presume that they are knowingly arguing that seeking a larger increase in the debt ceiling is the "conservative" position.

If arguing for a larger increase in the debt ceiling is "conservative", the word no longer has any meaning.

In our system, only Supreme Court justices have the power of Humpty Dumpty!  
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why don't you know?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is the winning?

That makes no sense.

Why don't you know?
Well I did kinda tell you why I think he did it............he made a mistake and did this out of frustration and anger with the GOPe IMHO.

I wouldn't have done it but I can understand the frustration Trump has with the GOPe.........they DESPISE him and clearly want him to fail IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I prefer to presume people have lost sight of the facts rather than to presume that they are knowingly arguing that seeking a larger increase in the debt ceiling is the "conservative" position.

If arguing for a larger increase in the debt ceiling is "conservative", the word no longer has any meaning.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what makes you think others do not know this?

Yeah, but they are just going to say "well by the time Trump and democraps extend the debt ceiling for 18 months then that amount will exceed what the GOPe wanted 18 months ago".

And they could be right.........I don't know but they could be right.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So, Schumer and Pelosi are the conservatives in this situation?
View Quote
You get an "A" for trying.

There seem to be three alternatives.
You have identified the second one.
I suggest the third one correct.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, but they are just going to say "well by the time Trump and democraps extend the debt ceiling for 18 months then that amount will exceed what the GOPe wanted 18 months ago".

View Quote
Such an argument does not make seeking a larger debt now the "conservative" position.

Such an argument can be used to justify any position. Is it "conservative" to argue that ObamaCare should not be repealed because if that occurred at some time in the future time another president and another Congress might adopt single payor?

Of course not.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cuck Emperor Trump was elected based on "he'll piss everyone off!"

Promise delivered, praise Kuk!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Such an argument does not make seeking a larger debt now the "conservative" position.

Such an argument can be used to justify any position. Is it "conservative" to argue that ObamaCare should not be repealed because if that occurred at some time in the future time another president and another Congress might adopt single payor?

Of course not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course not.
Good point.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Harvey relief should have already been done and not tied to anything, some things should be above being used as political pawns.

The R's in Congress are no different than the D's when it comes to spending cuts, they're fine with it as long as it ain't their spending.  It's the real reason we still have obamacare and why they wouldn't even bring the actual repeal bill to the floor for a vote - the one they had no problem voting for when they knew it would be vetoed by obama.   
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#14]
This was simply another example of the government showing trump they are going to fuck him over at every turn.

Congress is going to pass exactly zero of trumps agenda in the hopes he loses reelection .

This isn't a trump problem , it's a government problem . Trump would do better to get on national tv and give names and examples of the fucktards in the

GOPe that are fucking up the plan. Encourage people to primary them asap .

But to get worked up over this is retarded, were not going to slow spending, lower the debt, or any of that shit.

A ~4 trillion dollar budget? The hundreds of billions of dollars minimum that are stolen by congress every year and you all think that's gonna stop cause trump ?

Lol.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Encourage people to primary them asap .
View Quote
Anyone who was serious about mounting a primary challenge to a member of Congress should have started raising money at the beginning of this year.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Somebody needs to turn that frown upside down.

A great, tremendous deal was made; and you need to get onboard and support the President and his deal.

The Pelosi/Schumer/Trump/Ryan/McConnel plan is going to be amazing -- just wait and see. 
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Anyone who was serious about mounting a primary challenge to a member of Congress should have started raising money at the beginning of this year.
View Quote
Agreed.

But don't count me in the "were going to elect our way out of this" crowd.

We're in a trainwreck. Right now, you're living it . The fact that it's slow motion is ancillary .

I'd simply like to see the fucktards in the GOPe get buttfucked in the primaries just because

I have to wait 6 fucking years to try and buttfuck Rob Portman for his backstabbing .

It's obvious that the GOPe has decided that "winning" isn't all that. They aren't interested in helping America , so if we can throw a few of them out while the wreck is ongoing, well that's just good old fashioned entertainment for me .
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#19]

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/trump-calls-nancy-pelosi-chuck-schumer-news-coverage-242441

Upbeat Trump raves to Schumer, Pelosi about news coverage of their deal

In calls with Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi Thursday morning, Trump raved about the positive news coverage it had received, according to people familiar with the calls, and he seemed very pleased with his decision.

Trump specifically mentioned TV segments praising the deal and indicated he'd been watching in a call with Schumer, two people said.  And he was jovial in a call with Pelosi and agreed to send a tweet she asked for about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, these people said, while also mentioning the attention the deal had gotten. He indicated to both leaders he would be willing to work together again.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#20]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/07/rep-brat-the-swamp-is-in-full-control-video/

Rep. Brat: ‘The Swamp Is In Full Control’

It was reported Thursday that Trump and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer had reached a “gentleman’s agreement” to repeal the debt ceiling. Trump also agreed to sign a package of hurricane relief, a debt ceiling increase, and a government funding bill. 

“In May you said something interesting, you said this about the president: ‘he’s learning the politics up here,” MSNBC host Chuck Todd said to Brat on Thursday. “Well, what do you think he’s learned now?”

“The swamp is in full control as far as we’re all concerned,” Brat said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck getting that bill passed. The GOP Senate hasn't passed shit all year and aren't in a hurry to change that game plan.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#22]
LOL....I guess Trump figured that if he had to deal with the liberal leadership of the GOPe pretending that they are "conservative" and throwing-up roadblocks in his path at every turn he may as well cut out the middleman and deal with real liberals to get what he wants.

I noticed that Ryan's sorry ass was at the WH last evening so I suspect it might have done some good.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
LOL....I guess Trump figured that if he had to deal with the liberal leadership of the GOPe pretending that they are "conservative" and throwing-up roadblocks in his path at every turn he may as well cut out the middleman and deal with real liberals to get what he wants.

I noticed that Ryan's sorry ass was at the WH last evening so I suspect it might have done some good.  
View Quote
A report I saw last night indicated Ryan "is cooperating, etc., with Trump now".
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:42:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm a conservative....
View Quote
LMAO

Just goes to show nobody knows what a "conservative" is.  I'm just right of center (ROC) and if peeps were honest with themselves that's were most fall.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Serious question.

Do you really think Ryan gives a shit about the debt limit being only 6 months rather than 18?

Other than he has to deal with it in an election year now?

It's always going to get raised, it's nothing more than a jerkoff tool for the msm.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Serious question.

Do you really think Ryan gives a shit about the debt limit being only 6 months rather than 18?

It's always going to get raised, it's nothing more than a jerkoff tool for the msm.
View Quote
The "shits given" was that they have to deal with it again before the mid-terms.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The "shits given" was that they have to deal with it again before the mid-terms.
View Quote
I get that. Totally makes sense.

Here's how it went

FSR( fuckstick Ryan) : Wtf , this is going to fuck us over in an election year , thanks dick

DJT: Pass some MAGA shit then fuckstick.

FSR: if I don't you'll lose in 2020 , then I can go back to doing what benefits us the most.

DJT :

Ryan will be there long after trump is gone.

I would be shocked as shit if they pass one thing Trump wants . Why would they? Each thing trump wants is arguably good for America.

The last thing government is going to do is something good for America
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is the winning?

That makes no sense.

If only someone had the foresight to predict all this
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is the winning?

That makes no sense.

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#30]
By giving in to Pelosi and Schumer, President Trump has given them more influence over any Immigration or Tax reform bills.

This is undeniable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
By giving in to Pelosi and Schumer, President Trump has given them more influence over any Immigration or Tax reform bills.

This is undeniable.
View Quote
What immigration and tax reform bills!!??

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This is undeniable.
View Quote
Next serious question.

Do you think the GOPe would put up a good immigration reform bill.

And by good , I mean border wall, expanded border patrol , cutting off funding for illegals, etc etc .
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Next serious question.

And by good , I mean border wall, expanded border patrol , cutting off funding for illegals, etc etc .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is undeniable.
Next serious question.

Good one!  

They were too chickenshit to do the one thing they've been campaigning on and crowing about for 7 years.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#34]
After reading 16 pages of this thread it comes back to this:
Quoted:
Fuck the RINOs and fuck the Dems.

Fuck politicians.

Fuck Congress.

Fuck DC.

Fuck 'em all.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh I'll bet I'm much further right of you and the rest of the faux conservatives on here.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Next serious question.

View Quote
What ever it is it'll still be better than the alternative, ie Pelosi/Schumer "immigration" reform.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That makes no sense.

Trump gave Pelosi and Schumer more power to thwart Tax Reform and Border Security.
View Quote
What exactly are we giving them? More debt and spending? Ryan and McConnell were going to give that to them anyways for their votes.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good one!  

They were too chickenshit to do the one thing they've been campaigning on and crowing about for 7 years.  
View Quote
Exactly.

The same thing will happen with "tax reform "

They will add 187,000 pages to the tax code and my taxes will go up .
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What exactly are we giving them? More debt and spending? Ryan and McConnell were going to give that to them anyways for their votes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes no sense.

Trump gave Pelosi and Schumer more power to thwart Tax Reform and Border Security.
Maybe if Trump came out and said "I am NOT for tax reform and immigration reform"......then maybe the GOPe would do it?

Do I have a plan?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Can I start using the praise kuk thing, cause that's awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cuck Emperor Trump was elected based on "he'll piss everyone off!"

Promise delivered, praise Kuk!
Can I start using the praise kuk thing, cause that's awesome.
Absolutely!

The suck of it is, part of me is worried this is a big put-on. That this Kek thing was a colloquial/patois reference to Cuck anyway and that people have been "praising cuck" all along.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is undeniable.
View Quote
You are correct, if Trump can't get shit done with a GOP majority then of course he will go to the Dems to get shit done....You know, like Reagan did when he did not have a majority.  

Now will the Dems fuck him if they get a chance, sure, just like they did Reagan but you must admit it's a danm shame when you control both houses of Congress but you have to seek out Dems to get anything passed.

That sure as hell isn't Trump's fault.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What ever it is it'll still be better than the alternative, ie Pelosi/Schumer "immigration" reform.
View Quote
When it comes to immigration , I'd beg to differ.

GOPe loves them some illegals. Keeps wages down. Keeps people fearful of ms13 types. Muslim terrorists.

That's win-win-win for gov .

I fully expect them to legalize the 50 million illegals , allow family of said illegals , say another 30 million , and a tripling of "legal" immigrants.

And ten fold expansion of H1Bs

Tje GOPe will immediately begin campaigning on "vote for us to help Americans overcome the invading hordes "
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a conservative,
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You are correct, if Trump can't get shit done with a GOP majority then of course he will go to the Dems to get shit done....You know, like Reagan did when he did not have a majority.  

Now will the Dems fuck him if they get a chance, sure, just like they did Reagan but you must admit it's a danm shame when you control both houses of Congress but you have to seek out Dems to get anything passed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is undeniable.

Where's the Trump win in this? Where's the win for us all in this?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Serious question.

View Quote
The more I think about it, the more I think this is all what this stuff is about.

The GOP was going to do an 18 month limit in order to bypass Trump's threat of government "shutdown" if he doesn't get funding for The Wall, because they don't want to deal with that issue for midterms (or ever really).  So instead, Trump worked with the Dems for a 3 month instead.  Just like with DACA, he's placing these poop sacks and lighting them on the doorsteps of congressional Republicans, rather than stepping on them himself. Many are incapable of seeing or even admitting that Trump might actually skills in political maneuvering (the stupid 4D chess crap is a worn-out meme).

There's a lot of crying and gnashing of teeth by the Pure Trueborn Conservative Faithful.  Just like there always was from the very beginning with Donald Trump. And there always will be it seems (it's the same people making the exact same arguments 2 years later).  But while we see lots of vitriol and rhetoric, I doubt we will ever see any real solutions to the truth of the matter - that the so-called conservative Republicans in Congress aren't doing anything conservative at all, and haven't in a long time.  At this point, I don't see much difference between Satan's left butt cheek or his right.  Both sit next to an evil asshole.

Trump is doing exactly what he said he would - he'll talk to anybody and make deals with anybody in order to get the job done.  If you're still surprised by that, it's all on you, and I laugh at your naivety.  

I have no regrets at all voting for him in the Texas primary or the general. Ted Cruz would be dealing with the exact same do-nothing Congress, assuming he could have beat the Clinton machine to begin with.  If all you can do is bitch and cry about Trump without offering better solutions that don't involve masturbatory fantasies about things that didn't or will never happen, then you are part of the problem.

TRIGGER WARNING: TRUMP IS YOUR PRESIDENT
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Oh I'll bet I'm much further right of you and the rest of the faux conservatives on here.
View Quote
You are siding with the GOPe, who are by far not even close to conservatives.

Lets go about it this way....

The GOPe were going to screw Trump royally on this debt ceiling.
The democrats were going to screw Trump a little.

How this will play out afterwards is anyone's guess...I know you are going to say "TRump is a NY liberal". When he has to get things moving in order to provide relief to hurricane victims and pass his agenda, being a little liberal on the debt ceiling is fine IMO.

You didn't actually believe they were going to make spending cuts and lower the debt ceiling, did you? If you did, you would believe anything the GOPe tells you. Ryan and McConnell are frauds....they always will be.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How this will play out afterwards is anyone's guess...I know you are going to say "TRump is a NY liberal". When he has to get things moving in order to provide relief to hurricane victims and pass his agenda, being a little liberal on the debt ceiling is fine IMO.

You didn't actually believe they were going to make spending cuts and lower the debt ceiling, did you? If you did, you would believe anything the GOPe tells you. Ryan and McConnell are frauds....they always will be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is a clean hurricane relief bill and an 18-month extension on the debt ceiling "screwing" Trump?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is undeniable.

He got the Harvey relief funding done now, without a lot of strings attached.  Any delay in that will be hung around his neck no matter where the fault actually lies.

Sounds like the GOPe wanted to use it as a political pawn like Sandy. Fuck them, they haven't done shit since they've had a POTUS that would sign any bill they put on his desk. Nothing!

What exactly did schumer/pelosi get? Can they put a bill on the POTUS desk without help from the GOPe? In case everyone has forgotten already, the GOP owns the House & Senate - what have they done with that?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The more I think about it, the more I think this is all what this stuff is about.

The GOP was going to do an 18 month limit in order to bypass Trump's threat of government "shutdown" if he doesn't get funding for The Wall, because they don't want to deal with that issue for midterms (or ever really).  So instead, Trump worked with the Dems for a 3 month instead.  Just like with DACA, he's placing these poop sacks and lighting them on the doorsteps of congressional Republicans, rather than stepping on them himself. Many are incapable of seeing or even admitting that Trump might actually skills in political maneuvering (the stupid 4D chess crap is a worn-out meme).

There's a lot of crying and gnashing of teeth by the Pure Trueborn Conservative Faithful.  Just like there always was from the very beginning with Donald Trump. And there always will be it seems (it's the same people making the exact same arguments 2 years later).  But while we see lots of vitriol and rhetoric, I doubt we will ever see any real solutions to the truth of the matter - that the so-called conservative Republicans in Congress aren't doing anything conservative at all, and haven't in a long time.  At this point, I don't see much difference between Satan's left butt cheek or his right.  Both sit next to an evil asshole.

Trump is doing exactly what he said he would - he'll talk to anybody and make deals with anybody in order to get the job done.  If you're still surprised by that, it's all on you, and I laugh at your naivety.  

I have no regrets at all voting for him in the Texas primary or the general. Ted Cruz would be dealing with the exact same do-nothing Congress, assuming he could have beat the Clinton machine to begin with.  If all you can do is bitch and cry about Trump without offering better solutions that don't involve masturbatory fantasies about things that didn't or will never happen, then you are part of the problem.

TRIGGER WARNING: TRUMP IS YOUR PRESIDENT
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/slatest/2016/01/slatest_160128_trump1.gif.gif.CROP.original-original.gif.gif
View Quote
I got no beef with any of that, I would just like to see more bomb throwing . Personal, nationally televised call outs . I prefer fireworks as the ship is sinking
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is undeniable.

I call it a shot across the GOPe bow as a warning.  They are certainly paying attention now so they can either hove-to and start working with Trump or the next one will go into the GOPe wheelhouse.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top