Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
What the fuck is that?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I fail to see the difference between a 4" lift all the way around and a 4" lift in just the front, other than one is indicative of the "right" kind of "culture" and the other is the "wrong" kind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t disagree with this. I lived in SC for years and got really tired of this bullshit. All the time I’d see these dudes in accidents or running over shit because they can’t see what’s in front of them. It’s definitely a road hazard not to mention how stupid and pointless it is.

I fail to see the difference between a 4" lift all the way around and a 4" lift in just the front, other than one is indicative of the "right" kind of "culture" and the other is the "wrong" kind.

Found the squat bro in the thread.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Maybe it's changed, but before I left FL in 2020, those dumbass trucks were usually driven by some idiotic redneck kid with a flat brimmed hat.
View Quote

It is all rednecks and tweakers around here.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Don’t they have any better legislating and law enforcement to do?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I could not care less.

If your headlights dont blind me from behind or oncoming knock yourself out with your squat or lifted bullshit. I don't care what kind of fool you look like going g down the road.

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
This is why Republicans keep losing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I could not care less.

If your headlights dont blind me from behind or oncoming knock yourself out with your squat or lifted bullshit. I don't care what kind of fool you look like going g down the road.

View Quote

When the dipshit T-bones you in your sedan or CUV and his bumper is at your ear level, because he never saw you, you will think differently.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]
One thing I’ve wondered with the trucks with a serous slant back is how it affects oil, trans fluid, pickups etc handle it?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People that drive this shit probably aren't going to pay the fine or give two shits about driving on a suspending license.

Their daddy pays the insurance and tags on said truck. They will care.

https://www.fayobserver.com/gcdn/presto/2021/10/15/NTFO/b623efb1-99be-409c-9639-d84d1e517e81-carolina_squat_1.jpg?width=660&height=321&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp

Attachment Attached File

My old truck. I will give it to my 15 yo next year. Maybe.  
If I ever see or hear of som e BS . He will no longer have a truck.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So tell me how that's different than a 4" lift over 35" tires, especially with a hobbit behind the wheel??
View Quote

Jesus…what a…..seriously dude?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One thing I've wondered with the trucks with a serous slant back is how it affects oil, trans fluid, pickups etc handle it?
View Quote

I think the trans fluid is on them boys' chins.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Good.  Now fine owners doing this shit.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hate to tell you, but bumper height restrictions have been around forever.
View Quote

Yep.  Bumper height regulations have been around as long as I’ve been driving (30ish years).

As a hillbilly who’s had my fair share of lifted trucks, it’s been something to be aware of.

But squatted trucks are really dumb and are much more unsafe than lifted trucks or a raised rear track stance.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
One thing I’ve wondered with the trucks with a serous slant back is how it affects oil, trans fluid, pickups etc handle it?
View Quote

The ones I have looked at in parking lots are complete shade tree clusterfucks.  Bodge-jobs in British slang.

Their handling is likely totally compromised for any sort of emergency steering and braking, and if the shitty components used fail while just driving, it will probably make the truck almost uncontrollable.  

The people doing these are probably entirely ignorant of how fluids work within the truck and when a component grenades, they just have it replaced.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LOL! you said yearly inspection. We don't do that down here.
View Quote

Ohio doesn’t do a yearly inspection either.

Or yearly tax assessments.

Just pay your $60 registration per year, drive all you want.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Who gives a shit if you want to visibly show everyone you're a fukn moron and should be avoided at all costs?

Thanks for the heads up. ZFG.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So tell me how that's different than a 4" lift over 35" tires, especially with a hobbit behind the wheel??
View Quote

The hood remains level in a lifted truck, there’s quite a bit of forward visibility in that case.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I always thought gassers were kind of cool.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Critical thinking not your strength?

You can't see out the front of your vehicle, and your headlights are pointed forward instead of down and forward like they are supposed to be.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don’t disagree with this. I lived in SC for years and got really tired of this bullshit. All the time I’d see these dudes in accidents or running over shit because they can’t see what’s in front of them. It’s definitely a road hazard not to mention how stupid and pointless it is.
They’re always the same: 20ish years old with a 102” whip CB antenna and their instagram or Snapchat name all over their back window
View Quote

Don't hate of the quarter wave!
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Has there been a thread on spike lugnuts yet?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Holy shit! How are those things not illegal? Are they looking to take out some gladiators in the arena?
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I’ve never not laughed at that one.
View Quote

Yeah, that scream at the end -- stupid should hurt.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have never met a single person who thought the squat was anything but peak douchebaggery.

I’m trying to figure out to whom this actually appeals….
View Quote

The really shallow end of the gene pool.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't forget the obligatory 'piss on it' or 'bad boy' stickers and a pittie on the passenger seat.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#28]
After seeing how poor the condition of the suspension is on the one whistlin diesel bought I am mainly good with it. There used to be bumper height laws already on the books in many states. Florida had a headlight height law in the 80's and lifted mud truck guys used to mount headlights under the bumper.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have never met a single person who thought the squat was anything but peak douchebaggery.

I’m trying to figure out to whom this actually appeals….
View Quote

The target audience is men who prefer the company of men.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
And just for those winking and nudging about certain racial demographics, this is almost exclusively a white thing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Good.  Now fine owners doing this shit.  
https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-75510cc1f04cad21f61801675c9e1027-lq
View Quote
Stance lyfe car looks like its fuckign melting..
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:20:00 AM EDT
[#34]
This dumb law wont do anything for safety same as barrel length requirements for rifles and shotguns.

4 inch difference between front and rear? Busted! 3.9 inches? Safe!

15.9 inch barrel? Busted! 16 inches? Safe!

I am sure the state did thorough scientific review to come up with that 4 inch number,

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 2:01:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He does have a valid question, though.

If bumper height is a safety concern, wouldn't it apply to any lifted vehicle, not just squatted vehicles?
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#36]
4 pages of projection and hand wringing. Its for the children! Not one anecdote of someone actually being hurt by this, much less a link to an article.

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. "
Benjamin Franklin

Reiterating i think it looks stupid. I am shocked so many so called gun enthusiasts on a gun board who live with arbitrary and capricious laws on guns that do zero to enhance safety are so quick to stomp on the preferences of others with more pointless laws just because it is something they find cosmetically offensive.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Good. I wish we had a ban on it in FL too.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
4 pages of projection and hand wringing. Its for the children! Not one anecdote of someone actually being hurt by this, much less a link to an article.

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. "
Benjamin Franklin

Reiterating i think it looks stupid. I am shocked so many so called gun enthusiasts on a gun board who live with arbitrary and capricious laws on guns that do zero to enhance safety are so quick to stomp on the preferences of others with more pointless laws just because it is something they find cosmetically offensive.
View Quote

Try again. 30 seconds on Google brings up multiple articles and pictures of these idiotic trucks crashing into people.

There is no freedom to drive an unsafe vehicle on the roads. All this GD reeeeing about muh freeeedoms is retarded.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Is it a safety issue?  Aren't there already safety laws on the books that would allow them to go after unsafe vehicles?  If it's not a safety issue, then WTF is the basis for it?
View Quote

Back when air shocks were popular, they would pull you over if you filled them up air because the bumper height was too high. Safety issue due to mis-matched bumper heights with other cars;  seems to me they could've just used the same provision in the law for the same reason.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Except gassers are actually cool
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Try again. 30 seconds on Google brings up multiple articles and pictures of these idiotic trucks crashing into people.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199909/Untitled-3027151.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/199909/maxresdefault-3027150.jpg

There is no freedom to drive an unsafe vehicle on the roads. All this GD reeeeing about muh freeeedoms is retarded.
View Quote

The top picture looks like a normal truck with a 2" lift to me.....basically 87% of the trucks I see on the road around here.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Fishing license for the cops…
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

When the dipshit T-bones you in your sedan or CUV and his bumper is at your ear level, because he never saw you, you will think differently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I could not care less.

Basically any truck with lift puts the bumper at ear level in a sedan.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think i would have to see the before pictures on both those trucks to determine if they would be covered by that law. Neither from the pictures you provide clearly show to exceed the scientifically and government approved 4 inch differential.

But keep celebrating laws that try to impose your taste on others. Kind of like scary black guns with shoulder things that must go up should be banned.

( One of us is reeeeeing here and it isnt me)
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:01:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The top picture looks like a normal truck with a 2" lift to me.....basically 87% of the trucks I see on the road around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fishing license for the cops…
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sure the same argument could be made about NFA items, pistol braces and bump stocks. Anti-gunners claim they are deadlier/unsafe in public hands and should be banned. What % of all accidents are caused by dumb mods on vehicles? That first truck is not even a squatted truck.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus…what a…..seriously dude?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146093/IMG_1686_jpeg-3026653.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146093/IMG_1687_jpeg-3026654.JPG

Thats the youtuber who destroys vehicles. He turned that truck into "mulch" and sold it in jars.

Squatted Truck Gets MULCHED and sold in jars
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yay more overreach.
View Quote

Exactly, I would not do it to my vehicle, but can't see how they can justify it as illegal, unless it poses some kind traffic hazard, and can't see that either.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1715/butwhy-567616.gif

I am so glad to hear that police in South Carolina have solved all of the serious and important crimes, and can now focus on idiotic bullshit like this.  

Is it a safety issue?  Aren't there already safety laws on the books that would allow them to go after unsafe vehicles?  If it's not a safety issue, then WTF is the basis for it?
View Quote

Bumper height is a big one. There is one here but it's not enforced.

Bumper Height Requirements
Cars with a net weight of less than 2,500 pounds — 22 inches front and rear;
Cars 2,500 pounds or more but less than 3,500 pounds — 24 inches front and 26 inches rear;
Cars 3,500 pounds or more — 27 inches front; 29 inches rear;
Trucks under 2,000 — 24 inches front; 26 inches rear;
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top