User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1715/butwhy-567616.gif

I am so glad to hear that police in South Carolina have solved all of the serious and important crimes, and can now focus on idiotic bullshit like this.  

Is it a safety issue?  Aren't there already safety laws on the books that would allow them to go after unsafe vehicles?  If it's not a safety issue, then WTF is the basis for it?
View Quote

Headlights usually can't be adjusted low enough to compensate and will blind oncoming traffic, driver can't see over the hood any more (usually exacerbated by the driver being a sub 5'5" homunculus), and lack of steering authority due to reduced weight over the front wheels.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I fail to see the difference between a 4" lift all the way around and a 4" lift in just the front, other than one is indicative of the "right" kind of "culture" and the other is the "wrong" kind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t disagree with this. I lived in SC for years and got really tired of this bullshit. All the time I’d see these dudes in accidents or running over shit because they can’t see what’s in front of them. It’s definitely a road hazard not to mention how stupid and pointless it is.

I fail to see the difference between a 4" lift all the way around and a 4" lift in just the front, other than one is indicative of the "right" kind of "culture" and the other is the "wrong" kind.

I'd expect that a trigonometry class could help clear that up.

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#3]
My buddy says:

@WhistlinDiesel
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The funny thing is that virtually nobody who does this to their truck knows where it originates from and why someone would do it to their truck.

I think it looks stupid and it can't be a comfortable driving position.

I can see multiple safety issues and there ARE other drivers on the road. I'm surprised nobody has gone after outrageously lifted trucks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It actually started in California from Baja racing where the squat (much more subtle) actually served a purpose in the dunes.

Somehow it got a big following in the southeast over the last couple decades
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thankfully, that stupidity hasn't worked its way out west yet

It actually started in California from Baja racing where the squat (much more subtle) actually served a purpose in the dunes.

Somehow it got a big following in the southeast over the last couple decades

Because using an impact wrench to run up the torsion bars on daddy's Silverado is the easiest and cheapest suspension mod possible.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I once heard that P51 Mustang pilots would waggle their way out onto the runway, so they could see where they were going.

I wonder if these guys do something similar?
View Quote

Only if your definition of waggle means to stomp hard as fuck on the gas exiting the Bojangles drive through.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am so glad to hear that police in South Carolina have solved all of the serious and important crimes, and can now focus on idiotic bullshit like this.  
View Quote

So should they suspend tracking down thieves and just focus on murderers?
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure most would prioritize a petty traffic violation well below theft. The real question is: Where do we draw the line when it comes to .gov over-reach in the name of safety? What % of these trucks are involved in accidents because of the mods and is it worth taking it away from everyone?
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]
You want vehicle inspections?  This is how you get vehicle inspections.

Stupid hicks, no different than the dindu's with the 87 inch wheels on a Monte Carlo.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve never seen one in person that wasn’t GM 800 series based. Not many around here. Roads are junk anyway. Wouldn’t dare have any wheels that $$$ without tires that have have a good chunk of sidewall.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’m glad the state of South Carolina finally found something to put their name on.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
People are just going to install really tall fenders.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
People are just going to install really tall fenders.
View Quote

This right here. Unintended consequences driving the next trend for the Karens of gd to screech about
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Watching Whistlin Diesel epically destroy one was oddly satisfying
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds racist. That's just part of their culture. Like childhood knife fights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sounds racist. That's just part of their culture. Like childhood knife fights.

20 - 40-year-old white rednecks have a culture?  Those fuckers aren't safe:
Quoted:

Headlights usually can't be adjusted low enough to compensate and will blind oncoming traffic, driver can't see over the hood any more (usually exacerbated by the driver being a sub 5'5" homunculus), and lack of steering authority due to reduced weight over the front wheels.

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It’s unsafe.

The driver can’t see and in an accident the front of the truck is often over the body of the other vehicles. They then smash the other car above the safety features like bumpers, reenforcing in doors and airbags deployment sensors.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/14/2023 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m glad the state of South Carolina finally found something to put their name on.

While I'm glad you think of us first, I've actually seen more of them in NC than SC; maybe that's just me though.

ETA- We definitely have more than our share of homegrown 'tards though.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Onlyfans will go broke and Tinder profiles will never be the same.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pretty sure most would prioritize a petty traffic violation well below theft. The real question is: Where do we draw the line when it comes to .gov over-reach in the name of safety? What % of these trucks are involved in accidents because of the mods and is it worth taking it away from everyone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My point is that you can tackle multiple issues at once.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

While I'm glad you think of us first, I've actually seen more of them in NC than SC; maybe that's just me though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also thought it was an NC phenomenon originally. Plenty of retards doing it around here though too.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

As others have said, unsafe for others on the road. Don't see the overreach on this one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay more overreach.

As others have said, unsafe for others on the road. Don't see the overreach on this one.

Can't see a kid in a crosswalk either.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
First they came for the trucks i dont like
I think its a dumb trend too but we live in a free country and need less dumb laws
View Quote
yeah, this
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#24]
The squat is the vehicle equivalent of tide pods. It will work itself out. Stop fucking with nature
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Mexican cars in SC???   Are there that many Mexicans in SC?   I thought this was just a SoCal thing with the Hispanics.    Apparently it's more.    To the point where SC government sees it as a top priority to solve.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Amazing. The SC crowd states why it is needed but the rest of GD who doesn't deal with it squeal.
It's unsafe, period.
View Quote
Actually, I don't think I've ever even seen such a thing, even in SoCal.
It does sound rather unsafe.
Has anyone posted in pics in thread of cars like this?
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Those things look Gay As Fuck.   I never saw anything like that.   Weird what bandwagon some people will jump on as long as somebody is saying something is cool.   Those things look stupid as hell, plus totally useless as a vehicle.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#28]
now you're talking!   At least the driver can see the road
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mexican cars in SC???   Are there that many Mexicans in SC?   I thought this was just a SoCal thing with the Hispanics.    Apparently it's more.    To the point where SC government sees it as a top priority to solve.
View Quote

Yes, like everywhere else we're overloaded with illegals; they've essentially taken over some areas including getting into government.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We don't even have that faggotry in IL and the.gov of IL loves faggotry.
View Quote
New England takes all that shit VERY seriously!   And the police are eagle-eyed looking for current inspection stickers, too.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So tell me how that's different than a 4" lift over 35" tires, especially with a hobbit behind the wheel??
View Quote
well, for obvious starters, the 4" lift is still LEVEL so you can see over the fucking hood.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

What, squatted trucks? Started as white kid thing on the east coast, primarily in the Carolinas
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#33]
I've driven some seriously overloaded pickup trucks, but not quite to that extent
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Stupidest looking shit I ever saw
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Critical thinking not your strength?
You can't see out the front of your vehicle, and your headlights are pointed forward instead of down and forward like they are supposed to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Critical thinking not your strength?
You can't see out the front of your vehicle, and your headlights are pointed forward instead of down and forward like they are supposed to be.
I agree with your assessment.   tardism
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - As of Sunday, it is officially illegal to operate a vehicle with the "Carolina Squat" on South Carolina roads.

The law addressing the squat defines it as a vehicle with the front or rear fender raised four or more inches higher than the other.

Warning citations will begin to be issued by South Carolina law enforcement.

However, by May 10, 2024, drivers will receive tickets and will be fined for those violations.

https://www.live5news.com/2023/11/12/carolina-squat-ban-goes-into-effect-drivers-begin-receiving-citations/

I don't like the idea of telling people what to do but damn this squat thing is stupid.
View Quote

It's dangerous for three reasons:
1) driver visibility to the front is greatly reduced.
2) headlights are pretty much impossible to properly aim due to angles and both reduce lighting on roadway and blind oncoming traffic
3) altering suspension in such a way affects vehicle stability and control on the roadway.

Do what you want on private property, but we all have to follow the same rules to avoid endangering other on public roadways.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t disagree with this. I lived in SC for years and got really tired of this bullshit. All the time I’d see these dudes in accidents or running over shit because they can’t see what’s in front of them. It’s definitely a road hazard not to mention how stupid and pointless it is.

NOICE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The funny thing is that virtually nobody who does this to their truck knows where it originates from and why someone would do it to their truck.

I think it looks stupid and it can't be a comfortable driving position.

I can see multiple safety issues and there ARE other drivers on the road. I'm surprised nobody has gone after outrageously lifted trucks.
View Quote

Oh, we do when we can.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is it a safety issue?  Aren't there already safety laws on the books that would allow them to go after unsafe vehicles?  If it's not a safety issue, then WTF is the basis for it?
View Quote

Yes it is very unsafe. Cant see past the hood, cannot see what is in front of you. Every limp dick that drives them puts the brightest LED headlamps and fog lamps on them, blind every person driving by them. Had a couple of the. Drive by recently and left a big black spot in my vision for about 10-15 seconds.

I am all for people doing what they want if they are not endangering other people. These trucks do indeed endanger people. Its also affects the brake balance so stopping distance is reduced significantly, especially the ones that have a rear suspension balance module like a lot of the toyota trucks have.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#40]
The BS politicians come up with amazes me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I haven’t read the law; but I bet it has to do with bumper height. The first time I saw them was in Santee, California in 2019 or 2020 or there about.  

For those of you that don’t know, Santee/Lakeside/Winter Garden/Bostonia/El Cajon are right next to each other and was a prime location for filming COPS.  The dipshit to citizen ratio is high there.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Never understood this at all.  Doesn’t look good or improve anything.
View Quote

It was about improving the landing when you jump the truck while off road racing. It allows for higher shock towers.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#43]
I saw some idiot with a truck jacked up in the front squash a little small red car at the gas station. The old lady driving the car was pissed and I bet he couldn't even see over the hood anyway.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yay more overreach.

Agreed. Anyone who puts fashion over function is a hazard on the road. It’s bad enough out there for Christ sake.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I saw some idiot with a truck jacked up in the front squash a little small red car at the gas station. The old lady driving the car was pissed and I bet he couldn't even see over the hood anyway.
View Quote

5 pages and this is the first thing close to an actual report of something bad actually happening, and even here the lady is fine and just pissed off.

All the other posts about this being so unsafe, cant see over hood so you can see kids or cars, bumper hitting above bumpers or airbag sensors, brakes or steering problems sure do seem to be overblown hand wringing motivated by personal taste rather than an actual problem.

Reiterating i think it looks dumb but passing laws about it is even dumber and it will likely go away as a trend much faster if just ignored.

Change my mind with links to evidence of a widespread problem. A trend requires 3 data points. The current score is zero
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It was about improving the landing when you jump the truck while off road racing. It allows for higher shock towers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never understood this at all.  Doesn’t look good or improve anything.

That's for prerunners. There is no redeeming quality for the Carolina squat.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Actually, I don't think I've ever even seen such a thing, even in SoCal.
It does sound rather unsafe.
Has anyone posted in pics in thread of cars like this?
View Quote

If only the Internet had a search.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top