Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Iv got a thread about it, most women want to be mothers at some point, most mothers want to be stay at home moms once the kid pops out.. It’s prob better be honest about it and better off finding a good husband with good job and skip college and the debt that goes with it, getting a career job they will dump when first kid comes along, or be forced to keep working due to all their debt while the cry about not being able to spend more time with their kids.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like she put the cart in front of the horse. Don’t pop out a couple of kids before you have a steady job and spouse.  Dumb bitch got it all backwards.

In her defense:

Having kids might only be possible at a certain age, meaning if she didn't have them then, that chance might have never come up again. It's a once in a lifetime thing. It's not like buying a car.

It may seem that you can just delay but it's not a car purchase, often it just doesn't work that way. Usually in life you get one shot at something important, like kids or marriage. You think you can come back to something and do it and the stars never precisely align again.

this doesn't nullify her idiotic financial decision-making, I get that.

But the ones who got 'their ducks in a row' are the 40-something with nice income, little or no debt and no kids.

Iv got a thread about it, most women want to be mothers at some point, most mothers want to be stay at home moms once the kid pops out.. It’s prob better be honest about it and better off finding a good husband with good job and skip college and the debt that goes with it, getting a career job they will dump when first kid comes along, or be forced to keep working due to all their debt while the cry about not being able to spend more time with their kids.

My wife's parents paid for her $100k degree.

Once she got close to popping our first kid out a few years after graduating she quit her job and has been a SAHM ever since.

I wouldn't have any other way. She takes the "home maker" role seriously, works great for both of us and our kids.

Her dad might be a little ticked though
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Boo fucking hoo
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wife’s coworkers husband has co-signed on $500k of student loans for his daughter that she refuses to pay.   They are in the mid-60’s and will never be able to retire.
View Quote

I'd make her life hell................garnish her wages, whatever I could do
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
400k in school debt and “no steady employment”?

What a fucking retard.

What is even scarier is that this person votes.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]
One of the sons married a girl with a mechanical engineering degree and 1 other.  Can't remember what it is at the moment.
She accrued almost $230k in student debt. The son had  very little. They knocked both of theirs out in a out 4 or 5 years. They lived very frugal. We had them over a lot of nights for dinner so they could save where they could.
Both have very good , well paying jobs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I am laughing so hard right now, dumb bitch has 2 masters, 2 fuck trophies, is single and unemployed.  

Her partner needs to run away fast.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My wife's parents paid for her $100k degree.

Once she got close to popping our first kid out a few years after graduating she quit her job and has been a SAHM ever since.

I wouldn't have any other way. She takes the "home maker" role seriously, works great for both of us and our kids.

Her dad might be a little ticked though
View Quote

Too bad that 100K was wasted on a college degree, it would be nice if parents just gave her the 100K and she invested it. You 2 would be way a head of the game.
College once had some merit, its loosing value every year.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm 38 and have 4.2 million in debt.

It's called betting on yourself.

Bitches can move on, or buy the ticket and take the ride.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#9]
She will be saved by hyper-inflation.  

She's not marriage material if she allowed her debt to balloon that high.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One of the sons married a girl with a mechanical engineering degree and 1 other.  Can't remember what it is at the moment.
She accrued almost $230k in student debt. The son had  very little. They knocked both of theirs out in a out 4 or 5 years. They lived very frugal. We had them over a lot of nights for dinner so they could save where they could.
Both have very good , well paying jobs.
View Quote

and what happens if they start a family? Is mommy going to be miserable and go back to work while having a stranger raise the kid? Odds are the maternal instinct will kick in and she'll hate going back to work.

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wife’s coworkers husband has co-signed on $500k of student loans for his daughter that she refuses to pay.   They are in the mid-60’s and will never be able to retire.
View Quote

Classmate's daughter did that to my classmate.  His credit is the sh*tz now because he co-signed for her loan.  Her husband makes enough money to pay it off but her attorney told her not to pay.  Never mind that her father (my classmate) got ph*cked hard.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Student loan delinquents should be greeted by these guys:

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was approx 500K in debt at 36, I went into hock for a business, betting on myself too.
Paid off, retired comfortably at 50.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am laughing so hard right now, dumb bitch has 2 masters, 2 fuck trophies, is single and unemployed.  

Her partner needs to run away fast.
View Quote

The dude is banging the equivalent of a Dave Ramsey beater car.

Reliable, high mileage and someone else took the hit on depreciation.  

Doesn't mean you spend the money for new tires.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Is she hot?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I have friends that went through undergrad and med school for a fraction of that. Seriously, how the hell do you rack up almost $400k in student debt (for what would appear to be totally unmarketable degrees).
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#17]
So odd. When I was 35 I had worked to pay for school, was paying off my mortgage on our house in CT and had a bought outright house in FL.... Blue collar life is terrible
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#18]
McDonald's is hiring !
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#19]
My girl had $300k+ in student debt.

But she also has MD, PhD on her letterhead.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Wouldn't bother me if I was a heart doctor or Vaxxed.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

DangerhairSheOgre.jpg

@JLPettimoreIII
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
pics of partner?

DangerhairSheOgre.jpg

@JLPettimoreIII
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was approx 500K in debt at 36, I went into hock for a business, betting on myself too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sure gets your ass out of bed everyday, don't it?

Lol  ?????
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wonder what those two Masters degrees are in?
View Quote

My thoughts too.   Somehow I doubt it’s an MBA and MS in Engineering of some flavor.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
from two master’s degrees. What should I do?

Question: “I’m 35 years old, I have one kid and another on the way. My partner is afraid to marry me because of my debt, and I don’t have a steady income. I have two masters degrees, and I owe $380K in student loans. I’m on the income program already and am worried about what happens when payments resume in January. I can’t afford to have the loans forgiven, because I think it’s a taxable event. Is there anything I can do to protect my family and lessen the blow for me?”

Yeah lady, your partner is smart - but not smart enough to not reproduce with you
View Quote

Indebted woman looking for a man thread, Arfcom MGTOW Squad........ASSEMBLE!
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#25]
You must be one smart idiot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#26]

My short and to the point reply if I could actually reply on that page:

To the original question:  I wouldn't marry you. Perhaps if I were a multimillionaire several times over where $380k is an annoyance. That's not most people's reality. In your current situation your finances are an incredible, life altering liability.

Would you want to marry a man who was nearly $400k in the hole with no steady income let alone an actual CAREER... at 35?  I highly doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Since you are broke do you feel smarter?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Enter the hvac tech with no college debt, and a 125k per year pay.

Who is smarter?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Hmm. 2 masters but no good jobs. I recommend going back to school for a doctorate.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:54:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I don’t know how much my daughter owes, but she just keeps putting it off. Her worthless degree hasn’t got her sh*t she couldn’t have got without it. She’s 35 now.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am sure they are in highly marketable high paying STEM subjects.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Dumb shit and Dumber shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumb shit and Dumber shit

Lesbian dance theory is NOT dumb..!
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

and what happens if they start a family? Is mommy going to be miserable and go back to work while having a stranger raise the kid? Odds are the maternal instinct will kick in and she'll hate going back to work.
View Quote

This is a major issue with educated women in professional careers.  My wife always made more, she worked for a brokerage firm in Manhattan and then the Bay Area.  I knew if we had kids the money would be gone cause she would want to stay home.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just default the loan.

If they are that old and they have their ducks in a row the loans won’t affect them at all.

Are they buying a house or other big purchase that late in life?

And defaulted student loans don’t hurt your credit score that bad.

They would be fine.

On the other hand, do they still allow their daughter to come around?  After the fucking she gave them, she should be out of the family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just default the loan.

If they are that old and they have their ducks in a row the loans won’t affect them at all.

Are they buying a house or other big purchase that late in life?

And defaulted student loans don’t hurt your credit score that bad.

They would be fine.

On the other hand, do they still allow their daughter to come around?  After the fucking she gave them, she should be out of the family.

This maybe a dumb question but is the government powerless to collect on the debt. Don’t they have the ability to seize bank accounts, houses, cars etc? Can they attach your wages?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Why can't she get a job and why did she get two useless degrees?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Your orthopedist had $750,000 in debt when he got out of med school and he is 68 years old?  Say he's 18 starting college, 4 years undergrad, 4 years med school, say he's late 20's when got out, so 40ish years ago, in 1980, he had racked up $750,000 college loans?  That seems high.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't even imagine having that much debt at 35. If he's not able to turn 2 masters degrees into a very high paying job, then he's the biggest sucker ever.

talking to my orthopedist he said he had something like $750K when he got out of med school. He's the same age that I am and he's just about set to pay that loan off. I asked him when he's going to pull the pin. He said as soon as he works down his daughter's education loans. I'm 68. Damn it's bad enough paying off your own loans without having to cover someone else's. But, at least he's doing it and not relying on the state to do it. I am so glad that I had my old man's steel setting company to work for while in hs and college. I graduated with very, very, little owed.

Your orthopedist had $750,000 in debt when he got out of med school and he is 68 years old?  Say he's 18 starting college, 4 years undergrad, 4 years med school, say he's late 20's when got out, so 40ish years ago, in 1980, he had racked up $750,000 college loans?  That seems high.

With separate Ortho surgical schools for shoulders, knees, and backs, I met him the first time while he was doing a second residency for knee replacements at a Chicago teaching University in 85.  He was board qualified but not certified in Lathroscopic ACL surgery when I met him. He did a revision on the first knee replacement I had in 2004 about 7 years ago. At that time he'd been the orthopedic surgical director for a couple of years. Those are the numbers he gave me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They do on death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Student loans never go away.

They do on death.

That is kind of like burning your house down to roast a pig.

Where does the government stand in line for your estate? I bet they are number one on the list.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Who the fuck assume $380k of student loan debt? Seriously?

My ex wife's  best friend joined the army doctor program. She served and they payed for her education.

I got a B.S. and a masters off the gi bill after serving.

I've worked with people who's parents paid their education.

There's  always a way.  Loaning $380k and having no real money making power afterwards is dumb. Eject worthy.  I'd  never stay with a woman much less breed with one with over a quarter million dollars of debt.
View Quote

Evidently your degrees weren’t for English.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My BIL had about 400K in loans...

He made just shy of a million bucks his first year out and paid them off in about 18 months or so.
View Quote

Was his degree in gender studies or underwater basket weaving?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lucky for the person in the story......

I hear they are opening a huge Feminist Dance Therapy Factory right down the road from her.

View Quote

Good! I tried to buy a Feminist Dance Therapy on Amazon today, but they were all out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#41]
This shit wouldn't happen if they were able to discharge the loans in bankruptcy.   Banks and schools need skin in the game.  Right now they're just skinning the student who don't understand that they're being fleeced.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

They just had their first child about 3 months ago. They are both back to work. The son and her are workaholics.
The son has a twin brother that his wife doesn't  work. She is a stay at home mom. She watches both the grandkids during the day.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Art History and English?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#44]
People are such complete idiots.

PLEASE let us give them California and let them all move there and form their dependency Gov. Please!
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I like how this goes to show that having a college education, two masters degrees in this case, is not an indication of intelligence. So many people see it that way.
View Quote

Yep, book smart, street stupid.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#47]
lmao

I'm a few years older than her and about to retire. If not for inflation, anyway.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#48]
someone wasn't smart enough to apply for grants.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I want to know.

Link no worky.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#50]
that dude isn't a fuckin idiot.

I wouldn't marry that lady either. Fuck all that.
Page / 8
Top Top