BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 232
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Angel Hernandez is the absolute cunty mccunterson of umpires.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There's going to need to be some kind of an appeal process since there is an automatic suspension attached.

And if an ump tosses someone for being sticky and there is nothing to it except an ump being on a power trip, it will end up on the league president's desk or even with Manfred.
View Quote
According to bauers video that he put on youtube.... There are no appeals.  Think about it, how could you appeal it?  You can go right in the clubhouse and clean your hands up.  This is a 10 game suspension based 100% on umpires judgement.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a feeling umpires want nothing to do with being some sort of on field TSA agent. They don't care.

This is an MLB thing and not an umpire thing. I'd be shocked if someone actually gets tossed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
According to bauers video that he put on youtube.... There are no appeals.  Think about it, how could you appeal it?  You can go right in the clubhouse and clean your hands up.  This is a 10 game suspension based 100% on umpires judgement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's going to need to be some kind of an appeal process since there is an automatic suspension attached.

And if an ump tosses someone for being sticky and there is nothing to it except an ump being on a power trip, it will end up on the league president's desk or even with Manfred.

sorry tyler, you got what you asked for!!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Kelly did throw a good game against the Brewers last night. Did Yelich hurt him self during one of his multiple strike outs last night?  He left the game after the 6th.

View Quote

They removed him on a double switch. Only injury I'm aware of was the starter Anderson, who will be going on the IL.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They removed him on a double switch. Only injury I'm aware of was the starter Anderson, who will be going on the IL.
View Quote

Thanks.  I hope he gets out of the funk he's in this year.  I actually, like him as a player.  No homo, of course.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a feeling umpires want nothing to do with being some sort of on field TSA agent. They don't care.

This is an MLB thing and not an umpire thing. I'd be shocked if someone actually gets tossed.
View Quote
They see the writing on the wall with robo umpires.  They are being given more power by mlb here, they will take it with open arms.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They see the writing on the wall with robo umpires.  They are being given more power by mlb here, they will take it with open arms.
View Quote

I know I'll miss the theatrics these umps give for strike out, throw outs, etc.  No robo ump will do.

I wonder if the ejection/suspension for pitchers caught with illegal substances can be instant replay reviewed? lol

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#9]
The Twins are really playing like crap at the moment in the 8th inning  Lots of fielding errors.  And they are still better than the Tiger's. lol

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I know I'll miss the theatrics these umps give for strike out, throw outs, etc.  No robo ump will do.

I wonder if the ejection/suspension for pitchers caught with illegal substances can be instant replay reviewed? lol

View Quote

I miss Dutch.

Umpire Rennert's loud strike call

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Exactly what I was thinking about!!

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#12]
You can tell Joe West thinks it’s stupid to check the pitcher after every inning.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Tigers got a great play driving in a run on a safety squeeze tonight. That's good fundamental baseball! Fun to see!
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tigers got a great play driving in a run on a safety squeeze tonight. That's good fundamental baseball! Fun to see!
View Quote

I immediately thought of you when they did that
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I immediately thought of you when they did that
View Quote

I thought of him as well when they pulled Miggy out of the game.

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Ray's Wander Franco hit a 3 three run homer in his MLB debut against the Red Sox.

Go Rays!

FTRS
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Go Rays!

View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go Rays!

lol

lol
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ray's Wander Franco hit a 3 three run homer in his MLB debut against the Red Sox.

Go Rays!

FTRS
View Quote

Rays need to get back at it and get ahead of Boston to lead their division again.  1/2 Game back.  I used to have season tickets when I lived in FL.  Of course that was when they were the Devil Rays.

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Rays need to get back at it and get ahead of Boston to lead their division again.
View Quote

In other news, I'm horribly torn. On the one hand, I want, nay need, the Beer Guys to take the NLC because seriously, fuck the Cubs and fuck the Reds. The Cards, meh, I can take or leave. Whatever.

But on the other hand, the shitty playing of the DBags is keeping the Buccos from their rightful place of the worst team in baseball.

This is a worse dilemma than Sophie's Choice.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/nTTxn7D.gif

In other news, I'm horribly torn. On the one hand, I want, nay need, the Beer Guys to take the NLC because seriously, fuck the Cubs and fuck the Reds. The Cards, meh, I can take or leave. Whatever.

But on the other hand, the shitty playing of the DBags is keeping the Buccos from their rightful place of the worst team in baseball.

This is a worse dilemma than Sophie's Choice.
View Quote

That's too funny.  (the meme).

Yeah, the Dback's are back at losing again tonight.  Yeah, it's early and Peralta is striking everyone out, so they might win if the relief pitchers suck for the Brewers.

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#22]
One thing you can always count on at the Trop. is that there are more fans for the opposition team than the home team.

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#23]
The first ejection due to umps checking for sticky stuff is...

...Joe Girardi?

https://www.mlb.com/news/joe-girardi-ejected-over-max-scherzer-substance-checks

What a total clusterfuck the new rule is going to be.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

...Joe Girardi?

View Quote

Joe Girardi can be such a fuck. And not in the good way. That can either be a compliment or an insult from me. He's the bad one.

Him, Jim Thome, and me are all from the same town.

Two of us are pretty nice guys, and two of us are pretty good at baseball. Its not the same two guys.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:55:08 AM EDT
[#25]
So if I am to understand the Brewers radio announcers, Peralta was checked and asked to change his glove because the color was too light/lite. WTF? "I don't like your glove, it's raciss. Go change it."
Where are the robo umps for the sake of all that is logical?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So if I am to understand the Brewers radio announcers, Peralta was checked and asked to change his glove because the color was too light/lite. WTF? "I don't like your glove, it's raciss. Go change it."
View Quote

It's right there in the rules:

3.07 Pitcher’s Glove
(a) The pitcher’s glove may not, exclusive of piping, be white,
gray, nor, in the judgment of an umpire, distracting in any manner. No fielder, regardless of position, may use a fielding glove
that falls within a PANTONE® color set lighter than the current
14-series.

(b) No pitcher shall attach to his glove any foreign material of a
color different from the glove.

(c) The umpire-in-chief shall cause a glove that violates Rules
3.07(a) or (b) to be removed from the game, either on his own
initiative, at the recommendation of another umpire or upon
complaint of the opposing manager that the umpire-in-chief
agrees has merit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:15:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

...Joe Girardi?

View Quote

Cunt deserved it, having Max checked like 87 times.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:48:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

As KB mentioned, it's a rules violation. The idea behind it is too light a color glove makes it hard to differentiate between the glove and the ball. White undershirts on pitchers are also a no no for this same reason, iirc.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:50:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hopefully baseball nips that shit in the bud. I can see managers totally doing that every inning to fuck with a pitcher.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 3:51:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hopefully baseball nips that shit in the bud. I can see managers totally doing that every inning to fuck with a pitcher.
View Quote

That is exactly what is going to happen.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Happened to Casey Mize from the Tiger's last week as well.  He had to change his glove after the first inning of the game he was pitching.

What's interesting is that there was still a big contrast between his (Mize) uniform and the glove.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#32]
"Tigers 1B Miguel Cabrera left the game early with calf stiffness, but Hinch doesn't expect it to be a problem."

From this article: Schoop, Rogers drive in 3 apiece as the Tigers beat the Cardinals 8-2

Looks like Miggy forgot to take his Geritol before the game.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

As KB mentioned, it's a rules violation. The idea behind it is too light a color glove makes it hard to differentiate between the glove and the ball. White undershirts on pitchers are also a no no for this same reason, iirc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's funny because the gloves can't be white, the Batter's Eye can't be white or have advertising because the ball can be lost by the batter, and so on, but white and light gray uniforms are still the standard.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's good fundamental baseball!
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does he still get free Arby's curly fries though?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

...Joe Girardi?

View Quote
Joe girardi is a douchebag who loves to run his mouth.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Joe Girardi can be such a fuck. And not in the good way. That can either be a compliment or an insult from me. He's the bad one.

Him, Jim Thome, and me are all from the same town.

Two of us are pretty nice guys, and two of us are pretty good at baseball. Its not the same two guys.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Max is a psychopath, girardi got off easy with the ejection
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Always seemed silly to me since the home pitcher is wearing a white uniform.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"Tigers 1B Miguel Cabrera left the game early with calf stiffness, but Hinch doesn't expect it to be a problem."

From this article: Schoop, Rogers drive in 3 apiece as the Tigers beat the Cardinals 8-2

Looks like Miggy forgot to take his Geritol before the game.

View Quote
Doesnt expect it to be a problem....... Means we wont miss his .222 average.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know hes still going to roll through the drive thru.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Google Maps, find Arby's"
"Which one?
"All of them."
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's funny because the gloves can't be white, the Batter's Eye can't be white or have advertising because the ball can be lost by the batter, and so on, but white and light gray uniforms are still the standard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way back when I was a kid playing Little League ball, Spalding came out with a glove that had a white patch on the outside of the web that looked like a ball. I was proud as a peacock to be the first on my team with that new glove. Within a month the league issued a ruling on that glove, the patch had to be removed because it was confusing to batters and officials. I didn't remove mine but I stained it with shoe polish to match the rest of the glove.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

"Google Maps, find Arby's"
"Which one?
"All of them."
View Quote

When he rolls up to the drive thru, he looks at the menu and says, "Yes!".

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Here is the video from the nats game.  I stand by my statement that girardi is a douchebag
Scherzer gets checked for sticky stuff and chaos ensues, a breakdown

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Here is the video from the nats game.  I stand by my statement that girardi is a douchebag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdJVTCDp4J0

View Quote

I couldn't find a video on Youtube of the Peraltaglove change, but there's one on ESPN: https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/31690602

And Girardi's a cunt over the whole Scherzer thing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I will admit that added some excitement for the fans... Well, except that one lady who didn't have a clue what was going on.

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

i find this a little more favorable for girardi as he got ejected for going after his former staff member and not max.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I will admit that added some excitement for the fans... Well, except that one lady who didn't have a clue what was going on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

jomboy's lip reading is great.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know he's a filthy *spit*Yankees*spit* fan, but Jomboy for President.
Page / 232
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top