Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 232
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like to think that's pretty much what Harvey Keitel's real life morning commute to work is like.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:25:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

that whole series in the background of the entire film is insane. one of my favorite movies, I'm just glad someone got the reference.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:37:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bad Lieutenant
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wrong NY team. Has NYC even recovered coke stockpiles since Darryl Strawberry was on the Mets?
View Quote

I am sure NYY can call up Jeter and get a direct pipeline going from Miami.  Dont forget, strawberry and gooden played for the yankees as well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#5]
The Gallo to #Yankees deal should be completed this morning as soon as #MLB signs off since Rangers paying all the money on Gallo. #Yankees plan is to play Gallo in LF or where necessary (CF, RF, 1B)

So not only did the yankees steal gallo, they got the rangers to pay for him as well!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Yinz have to see this bullpen cart.

If I ever own a team, even if it's just a minor league team, I'm using bullpen carts.

#retire21
#selltheteam
#bringbackbullpencarts
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#7]
so Scherzer has made it clear he'd waive his no trade clause for one of three west coast teams, dodgers, giants and padres....

let's see who the nats can fleece. if i had to guess, he's going to the padres. dodgers covet their prospects too much and i'm not sure the giants would go as far as the padres.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
so Scherzer has made it clear he'd waive his no trade clause for one of three west coast teams, dodgers, giants and padres....

let's see who the nats can fleece. if i had to guess, he's going to the padres. dodgers covet their prospects too much and i'm not sure the giants would go as far as the padres.
View Quote

For sake of argument, let's say he goes to SD. What does the new starting rotation look like? Darvish, Snell, Musgrove, Scherzer, and who? Are Paddack, Lamet, and Weathers all competing for that fifth spot or does SD go with a six man rotation?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

For sake of argument, let's say he goes to SD. What does the new starting rotation look like? Darvish, Snell, Musgrove, Scherzer, and who? Are Paddack, Lamet, and Weathers all competing for that fifth spot or does SD go with a six man rotation?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or some of them go to the pen. paddack was hot shit a couple years ago, but he's more average now. lamet has already been on the DL and there's articles saying he could close out games. it just seems padres have been most aggressive these past couple years.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#10]
White Sox get Cesar Hernandez from the Naps Spiders Indians Guardians for minor league pitcher Konner Pilkington.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Sherzer is pitching now in the 1st game of a double header today.  Nats ownership has pulled some bone headed moves in the past.  Don't be too shocked if Sherzer stays put in D.C.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Rizzo and Bryant are out of the Cubs line up today.  Just a day off or possible trade?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Rizzo and Bryant are out of the Cubs line up today.  Just a day off or possible trade?
View Quote

It could also be a bluff Theo Epstein to get someone to up the offer ante out of fear of losing out the chance to get either one.

I still think all the horse trading should be done between the end of the World Series and Opening Day. After that, you go with the team you've got and your own farm system.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It could also be a bluff Theo Epstein to get someone to up the offer ante out of fear of losing out the chance to get either one.

I still think all the horse trading should be done between the end of the World Series and Opening Day. After that, you go with the team you've got and your own farm system.
View Quote

Theo quit the Cubs
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Theo quit the Cubs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theo quit the Cubs

That's just the kind of thing Theo would say...
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Dodgers have two good catcher prospects.  Will Smith is going nowhere for some time, so they can afford it.

The Padres will probably give up more for less.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Watching KC / CWS game on KC station.

Their tv broadcasters are terrible. really makes me appreciate the guys in StL.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sherzer is pitching now in the 1st game of a double header today.  Nats ownership has pulled some bone headed moves in the past.  Don't be too shocked if Sherzer stays put in D.C.
View Quote

Never mind.  Missed game #1. lol

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now is a good time to revisit this…. ??
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The Dodgers have two good catcher prospects.  Will Smith is going nowhere for some time, so they can afford it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

for whatever reason, the dodgers NEVER give away their prospects. they draft so well, and they always have a great farm system, but they covet them like it will win them a WS, and it doesn't.

remember when gavin lux was untouchable? now no one wants him. dodgers could've had at least a couple chips if they were willing to give away some prospects.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

for whatever reason, the dodgers NEVER give away their prospects. they draft so well, and they always have a great farm system, but they covet them like it will win them a WS, and it doesn't.

remember when gavin lux was untouchable? now no one wants him. dodgers could've had at least a couple chips if they were willing to give away some prospects.
View Quote

That would be interesting.  I haven't kept up on the Dodgers pitching rotation, but if David Price is still with them, it'll be a reunion if Max were to be traded to the Dodgers.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rex Hudler has done way too much cocaine
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well...he did play in NY in the 80s.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#26]

I dont blame them for not doing anything. They have all the pieces for a good team, but they got hit with injuries hard to the starting rotation. This year is over for them. Next year Lets hope Waino is back for one more good year, and J-Flair, Hudson, and the Lizard King are healthy and effective. Then you just need a #5 guy. Not sure of Kim's contract.

They have lots of bullpen options theoretically next year. C-Mart, Ponce, Gant, Oviedo, Giovanny, Cabrerra, and Reyes.

The line up really isnt bad, just needs to be consistent.

The only change I'd like to see is a new hitting coach.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Rizzo to the yanks, too bad joe buck left the thread.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sad to see him go to the AL.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it looks like the Cubs are going to be the NLC's second worst team for the foreseeable future.

You hate to see it.

Whoa. The talking heads just said Terry Francona is stepping down for the rest of the season for health reasons.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I dont blame them for not doing anything. They have all the pieces for a good team, but they got hit with injuries hard to the starting rotation. This year is over for them. Next year Lets hope Waino is back for one more good year, and J-Flair, Hudson, and the Lizard King are healthy and effective. Then you just need a #5 guy. Not sure of Kim's contract.

They have lots of bullpen options theoretically next year. C-Mart, Ponce, Gant, Oviedo, Giovanny, Cabrerra, and Reyes.

The line up really isnt bad, just needs to be consistent.

The only change I'd like to see is a new hitting coach.
View Quote

I just hate seeing Aranado and Goldy waste away with no ring.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Spent what’s going on with Tito?? Fucking sucks. Idc if he got Boston over the top, he’s a fucking g.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Spent what’s going on with Tito?? Fucking sucks. Idc if he got Boston over the top, he’s a fucking g.

View Quote

Was. He was a fucking G.

Then he said he agreed with changing the Indians name.

Now? He's dead to me. There is no Tito, only Terry Francona.

But I'm not bitter; I'm not bitter at all.

Fucker.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#35]
KB you just gonna ignore rizzo to the yankees?!?!?  Doesnt that make him the most hated player in baseball to you now?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
KB you just gonna ignore rizzo to the yankees?!?!?  Doesnt that make him the most hated player in baseball to you now?
View Quote

Most hated, like on my Currently Hated or my All-Time Hated lists?

All-Time Hated? He doesn't even break into the Top 25.

Currently Hated? Well, he doesn't flip bats, so he has that going for him, but he's a dickhead and now on the *spit*Yankees*spit* so let's put him at Number 5 for now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#37]
OMG! MIZE, FUTURE CY YOUNG AND WS MVP IS CRUSHING THE O’S!!

WYA STEVIE!!!????
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#38]
reports that dodgers are pushing for mad max now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#39]

You fuckers had me all discombobulated
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

there's my super best friend!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody has a BFF. You have Steve, Spent stalks Korbin Dallas, the Beer guys have each other.

I have no one. Every single day in this thread just reinforces the fact that I'm unlovable, unlikable, and looked down upon by the lot of you.

And if the gods didn't have a different plan for my fate, I would surely die cold and alone and in some fleabag hotel, found dead and bloated by the cleaning ladies.

But I do plan to leave this world the same way I came into it: naked, screaming, and covered in somebody else's blood.

So you can keep your friends and your human contact and your love.

I might not be missed when I finally go, but that's okay because when I go, I'm becoming a legend and like The Babe said in The Sandlot, "heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Everybody has a BFF. You have Steve, Spent stalks Korbin Dallas, the Beer guys have each other.

I have no one. Every single day in this thread just reinforces the fact that I'm unlovable, unlikable, and looked down upon by the lot of you.

And if the gods didn't have a different plan for my fate, I would surely die cold and alone and in some fleabag hotel, found dead and bloated by the cleaning ladies.

But I do plan to leave this world the same way I came into it: naked, screaming, and covered in somebody else's blood.

I might not be missed when I finally go, but that's okay because when I go, I'm becoming a legend and like The Babe said in The Sandlot, "heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
View Quote

well i tried to be your bff but all you did was insult me and wish me dead
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love you.

Just not as much as I love everyone else.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Oh shit!!!

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Every single day in this thread just reinforces the fact that I'm unlovable, unlikable, and looked down upon by the lot of you.

View Quote

My work here is done.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I love you.

Just not as much as I love everyone else.

View Quote

??
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Oh shit!!!

View Quote

YES!

Fuck the Giants!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Yankees are really going all out for a pretty mediocre team. Reminds me of the 2010-11 Rangers who had a completely stacked line up that always seemed to fall short.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Miggy may do it on this home stand.

Page / 232
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top