Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Again

-Newton Hospital is in lock down

-Trailer park on Wagon Wheel is evacuated w/ SWAT on scene surrounding a home.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I lived in Hesston for 4 years. About a block from Excel. The cleanest small town you can find. Very nice community.
Prayers to the families involved. Thankfully they greased the shooter. Good job Harvey Co.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I lived in Heston for 4 years. About a block from Excel. The cleanest small town you can find. Very nice community.
Prayers to the families involved. Thankfully they greased the shooter. Good job Harvey Co.
View Quote

Sounds like they may be looking for a roommate though.
Edit:  yup.  Bad shit can happen in nice places.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
"Ford has a criminal record in Harvey County, Kansas. He was arrested on
December 17, 2010, and charged with a parole violation, domestic
battery, drug possession, possession of drug paraphernalia, traffic
violations and theft."

So he was in trouble in Kansas as well as Florida.

ETA: now they are saying he was also booked into Sedgwick county jail in 2008 on unknown charges.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Hits very Close to home for me, and I've actually met Cedric several times as he was a fellow bass head, and hung out at the local audio shop, bass meets, and competitions / shows. He was VERY chill, never would have guessed it.

According to the owner of said audio shop, they were talking before lunch about upgrades to his audio system, so this seems to be a "heat of the moment" thing, and not something that was planned out.

Probably got fired, went home (~30ish miles) and headed back and started shooting when he hit newton, at random people by the sounds of it.

Just goes to show you Never know, and should ALWAYS be ready.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Excel's FB page.

Excel Industries
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I lived in Hesston for 4 years. About a block from Excel. The cleanest small town you can find. Very nice community.

View Quote

Yep, good job LEO.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Yikes, local.

They are reporting his extensive criminal record from florida.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hits very Close to home for me, and I've actually met Cedric several times as he was a fellow bass head, and hung out at the local audio shop, bass meets, and competitions / shows. He was VERY chill, never would have guessed it.

According to the owner of said audio shop, they were talking before lunch about upgrades to his audio system, so this seems to be a "heat of the moment" thing, and not something that was planned out.

Probably got fired, went home (~30ish miles) and headed back and started shooting when he hit newton, at random people by the sounds of it.

View Quote

News saying he went after people randomly.  Not just at work.  You could be right but could also have been planning and playing it cool.  Too early to tell.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yikes, local.

They are reporting his extensive criminal record from florida.
View Quote

And Kansas

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
News saying he went after people randomly.  Not just at work.  You could be right but could also have been planning and playing it cool.  Too early to tell.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kalamazoo shooter copycat then? This shooting is sounding just as screwy as that one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#13]
1)my absolute condolences to the families and prayers for all involved

2)WILL be a dead story inside of two news cycles... the shooter was not white
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
1)my absolute condolences to the families and prayers for all involved

2)WILL be a dead story inside of two news cycles... the shooter was not white
View Quote

Probably unless there is some snackbar involved.  No evidence of that at this point but could be lone wolf style too.  Just don't know yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Now witness saying he yelled something before shooting.  Hmmm.
Edit:  Third to last FB post:  "woke up this morning vibing God is good."
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Talk to us about Cedric:

Religious person?   Drugs?    Was a a gun enthusiast?  (That Yugo looks brand new).   Was he a brawler?   Having money problems?   Any history of mental illness?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

wow again the reach of arfcom is shown
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jesus Saves?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, that's what I said. He's a resident of wichita kansas (or suburb, I never went to his hom, but he spent alot of Time in wichita),  then headed north about 15 miles, where he opened fire  on some random people, then headed another ~15ish miles north where he shot another random person, then got out of his vehicle and opened fire in the parking lot, and headed inside.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes, that's what I said. He's a resident of wichita kansas (or suburb, I never went to his hom, but he spent alot of Time in wichita),  then headed north about 15 miles, where he opened fire  on some random people, then headed another ~15ish miles north where he shot another random person, then got out of his vehicle and opened fire in the parking lot, and headed inside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe random act of violence to distract the police so more time to shoot up the planned location?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Jesus Saves?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Saves?

Black Lives Matter?

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Have not gone over there but the debate is probably overshadowing the 24/7 CNN gun control thing?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#24]
To close to home. Not far away at all
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Talk to us about Cedric:

Religious person?    Drugs?    Was a a gun enthusiast?  (That Yugo looks brand new).   Was he a brawler?   Having money problems?   Any history of mental illness?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk to us about Cedric:

Religious person?    Drugs?    Was a a gun enthusiast?  (That Yugo looks brand new).   Was he a brawler?   Having money problems?   Any history of mental illness?

I'm not sure on religion, drugs, or guns tbh, we didnt talk about that when we were at the shop, we talked about speakers, amps, upgrading electrical, alarms, ect. Bass competitors and every moment i personaly ever speant with him was seeing him drop his car off, or metering vehicles / checking out the next big thing out of the shop. Within the last month or so he's upgraded his stereo quiet a bit (new ~1200 or so amp, headliner replacement, and a few other upgrades. Pics of this show on his main page.) Plus before noon today he was talking to the owner about more upgrades so he must not have been doing too bad, but it is tax season and so are ALOT of other people this time of year.

It's been said he was on meds.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Did his whip get Repo'd?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=211709895843337&set=ecnf.100010129834128&type=3&theater

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Did his whip get Repo'd?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=211709895843337&set=ecnf.100010129834128&type=3&theater

http://s11.postimg.org/f1wnbtec3/Screen_Shot_2016_02_25_at_9_28_15_PM.png

View Quote

Flat tire
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#29]
They were looking in to whether he got fired today.  No answers at this point.
People asking how he got the guns if he was a felon.  Good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#30]
SWAT has a house a surrounded, armored trucks and all that....
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#31]
As selfish as this sounds, and as much as I hate to say this.. I think I'm just glad it happened tonight, and not at "The chill" car show / sound competition tomorrow, sat, and Sunday altho I think somebody would have had a better chance of stopping him sooner at the car show.

Scarey.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As selfish as this sounds, and as much as I hate to say this.. I think I'm just glad it happened tonight, and not at "The chill" car show / sound competition tomorrow, sat, and Sunday altho I think somebody would have had a better chance of stopping him sooner at the car show.

Scarey.
View Quote

Yup. Car show probably not gun free zone.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#33]
so much for "these things dont happen here".  Maybe my work will smarten up, they wont run a active shooter drill because they just dont want to think about it.  Never mind the plant has been shot at several times from what I understand.

speed
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scarey.

This, plus there is usually already sherriffs on scene at this show.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Really close to home, I used to work there 30 years ago. I know some people that work there.

Prayers for those involved.

I guess we are not insulated from all of this BS afterall
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Really close to home, I used to work there 30 years ago. I know some people that work there.

View Quote

Not at all.. Carr brothers, BTK..
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Jeesh,  I was born in Newton, KS, spent a lot of time in Hesston, that factory is right next to the golf course I used to frequent.  Looks like scum from florida made its way up to rural Kansas and does something like this.  

Facebook video of shooter

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

This!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#39]
I've had the TV on CNN since about 6:00 this evening in preparation for the debate and I haven't so much as heard a peep about the shooting on there. This debate and the post-debate coverage should overshadow this shooting in the national news.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

the sand rail in your avatar, is that one of the original chop tops from the guy up in salina, or one of the second generation ones from hutch?

Speed

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#42]
News saying no indications of trouble or being fired from work.
They seem pretty interested in his room mate and seem to think there is someone in his house.
Getting ready to go in.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Jeesh,  I was born in Newton, KS, spent a lot of time in Hesston, that factory is right next to the golf course I used to frequent.  Looks like scum from florida made its way up to rural Kansas and does something like this.  

Facebook video of shooter

View Quote

That's not a fixed camera.

Someone is filming him.  

My view of that video is that he is not a long time gun user, or skilled with handling that weapon.

Who was filming?

Accomplice?   Second bad guy?  Dead at the shooter's home?  

Very weird stuff.   What the fuck snapped this guy?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Wichita may be the exception, but most non posted places here would be a poop place to start shooting at.   Great choice on the gun free zone.  That worked.   Also this guy already had multiple convictions in FL and posts pics on Facebook with an ak and a glock?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Did he have an Iphone?

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Criminal records show dv, possession of drugs, Parole violation ect in 2010 in harvey co.

And a felony record out of FL.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#47]
He's down to 184 friends on FB now.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Press Conference Starting...

ETA:

15 shot, 4 killed.

Shooter did two random car shootings on the way to the plant, stole the car of one of the car shooting victims to that to Excel.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#50]
ATF looking in to guns.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top