Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Not interested
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
plot twist: the predator becomes her protector after witnessing her being sexually assaulted by an racist, straight, white, european colonizer.
View Quote
FIFY.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Showgirls wasn't. The boobs were the only good part, and there weren't enough of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I look forward to the Predator's trophy wall including a cherokee hair tampon along with other clay tool technology weapons.

Maybe we can get a Last Jedi style scene with some alien titties by way of a glow in the dark green milk lactating female predator?

Movie needs some titties... I've not seen this movie, but most movies are improved by tits...

Showgirls wasn't. The boobs were the only good part, and there weren't enough of them.

See??? More titties would have improved it...
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#4]
This could be interesting if the girl uses her wits to stay alive and no 90lb muscle. Make it horror alone in the woods.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mr H did some review said it was a shit show
View Quote

We are less than 3 months away from it's release (August 5) and not only are we are only just now getting a teaser/trailer for it, but I had not even heard about it before today.  Probably not a great sign.

How did he view this early though?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I look forward to the Predator's trophy wall including a cherokee hair tampon along with other clay tool technology weapons.

Maybe we can get a Last Jedi style scene with some alien titties by way of a glow in the dark green milk lactating female predator?

Movie needs some titties... I've not seen this movie, but most movies are improved by tits...

There is that.

ETA-as for the prequel, how about one showing the Predator leader getting the 1700s pistol he gave to Danny Glover?

So many options that would be awesome instead of this woke shit.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
She's not particularly attractive, but them DSLs, tho.

Straight to Hulu… let’s you know how much faith they have in it.
View Quote

She is attractive imo.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in a prequel with Billy's character from the first movie.
View Quote

Maybe she's Billy's great grandmother
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#9]
If they wanted to make it about a girl, they could have shown a young Ana's village in the hottest of months.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#10]
equivalent of straight to video

might watch for free but will suck ass
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Why would you give them money

After the last woke nightmare of a Predator film?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I doubt a war party of Comanches could handle a Predator, let alone a lone princess!
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was it woke?

I remember Thomas Jane (my how the Punisher has fallen) being a guy with tourettes that told Aaron Rodgers' beard that he wanted to lick her pussy and something about some autistic kid doing something with the Predator gear/weapons.  Outside of that I don't really remember anything about it other than it sucked.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I really wasn't seeing the wokeness.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#15]
That looked dumb as hell.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#16]
The trailer came out today.

Literally the first lines:

“Why do you want to hunt?”

“Becuase you all think I can’t.”

Prey | Official Trailer | Hulu
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Meh looks pretty cool to me
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This could be interesting if the girl uses her wits to stay alive and no 90lb muscle. Make it horror alone in the woods.
View Quote

Isn't that kind of the point of the first one? They couldn't out muscle and brute force the Predator so Arnie had to use his wits and outsmart it by setting traps and stuff.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#20]
You just know Predator and Strong Diverse Female Protagonist will team up with a black slave to fight the evil white men and their concepts of normal gender roles and sexual identity.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in a prequel with Billy's character from the first movie.
View Quote

I think that was 48Hrs with Eddie Murphy.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#22]
We can't just have a good story.  We have to have a story about some 100 pound chick kicking everyone's ass or a gay/black/brown/trans person "doing the unexpected".  Movies are almost unwatchable anymore because of this crap.  It's a tired plot device; the propaganda machine needs to move on to something else.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Gurl power, check, overuse of mediocre CGI instead of practical effects, check, regurgitating overused plot, check, I'm not interested, check.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#24]
That is just as bad if not worse than the pride bronco from ford.

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nothing woke about a 100 pound female beating a Predator.
View Quote

No kidding, a 100 strong and capable men can’t beat this being but she can…..Yeah I’m out. A movie plot has to have somewhat a believable storyline, even SciFI.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#26]
What's really sad is that even though it isn't a new idea, with the change in time period it could be a cool movie if agenda pushing retards weren't the ones making it.

That whole trailer was just "girl power". It looks terrible.  We know the female protagonist will prevail in every situation she faces because the trailer tells us so.  Why would anyone even watch it?

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No kidding, a 100 strong and capable men can’t beat this being but she can…..Yeah I’m out. A movie plot has to have somewhat a believable storyline, even SciFI.
View Quote

The storyline doesn't necessarily have to be realistic or believable. What makes a good sci-fi movie good is believable and relatable characters.  That has been lacking severely in recent decades.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
But was she gay?
View Quote

If not, it wouldn't be historically correct.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Stopped watching at the CGI bear.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Showgirls to this day has the worst, more horrific and scarring tit reveal in cinematic history.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Native Americans speaking perfect English was shit as well.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#32]
man, the OG predator is one of my favorite films. every sequel, reboot, AVP etc has just been a massive let down.

who wants to bet the girl and predator team up to defeat the evil white man? they literally showed 95% of the flick in the trailer.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Was it woke?

I remember Thomas Jane (my how the Punisher has fallen) being a guy with tourettes that told Aaron Rodgers' beard that he wanted to lick her pussy and something about some autistic kid doing something with the Predator gear/weapons.  Outside of that I don't really remember anything about it other than it sucked.
View Quote

holy fuck, I just realized that guy was Thomas Jane...
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I thought the trailer looked badass. I guess you guys criticizing it never saw Alien.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
man, the OG predator is one of my favorite films. every sequel, reboot, AVP etc has just been a massive let down.

who wants to bet the girl and predator team up to defeat the evil white man? they literally showed 95% of the flick in the trailer.
View Quote

I thought Predators (2010) was decent.

Of course going into it with very low expectations after the AVP films probably helped.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#36]
laughable LOFL
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Even with all the amazing tech, Predator doesn't stand a chance.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#38]
"Why do you want to hunt?"

"Because you think I can't."

Proceeds to wound bear and is nearly killed only be saved by a literal space alien.

Guess she can't.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Hollywood,
Don’t use the words Alien, Predatar or Terminator in any film title. Ever. You just make a mockery of a time when you guys didn’t suck.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll watch it for the down-blouse shots and some squaw boob bouncing.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

woah woah woah.

AvP was good up until the last couple of scenes when strong, diverse, female protagonist kills the Alien Queen.

The concept of pyramids being sacrificial altars to teenage Predators coming into adulthood is pretty cool.

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Isn't that kind of the point of the first one? They couldn't out muscle and brute force the Predator so Arnie had to use his wits and outsmart it by setting traps and stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's true, but it still took a lot of strength to carry out the plans that outsmarted the Predator.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks pretty good except for the woke girl power bull shit. Girls are just as strong and as fast as 10 full grown men??
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The trailer came out today.

Literally the first lines:

“Becuase you all think I can’t.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ7LytagKlc
View Quote

So strong! So brave!
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#45]
What is the ultimate power in the Universe?

A minority woman in 2022!!!!

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#46]
“In the first 10 seconds I think they removed any doubt about what kind of film this was gonna be.

“Because you all think I can’t.”

Yep, another woke, minority female empowerment film to fit the approved narrative.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm gonna wait and see it in the original Commanche
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#48]
No thanks
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Maybe?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#50]
The Predator franchise is entertaining, although one has to wonder, would you pay for an exotic safari to hunt an ewok?
Now a wookie, on the other hand...
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top