BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched it and was entertained.

Also lol at all of the movie critics here criticizing the reality of a woman fighting an alien in the 1700’s.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Watched it. Thought it was boring. She goes from being a terrible hunter to incredible one after no training? Suddenly kicks ass in a fight for no reason?

When she fell in the bog the first time and got covered in mud, it would have been a great time to reference the original by having the predator walk past and not notice her. But they didn't for some reason.

Bear CG was terrible.

Not enough action. Easily forgettable.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This movie served no purpose besides making a Predator with down's.

They nailed that.
View Quote

The fact that they messed with the creature design a bit bugged me for sure
Both the face, and I felt the helmet/skull design was ugly.
Again, you can try a bone helmet, but it just looked bad.

When you take liberties with something like that, you're basically not allowed to miss.
BIG friggin whiff.

I didn't like the last 2 predator films either to be fair.
Predators was bad
Autism-Predator was bad.
The hamfisted gender politics in this one was pretty cringe

I might re-watch Predator 1 tonight.
Off the top of my head the Predator movie(s) tiers go like this:

Predator 1
(small but verymuch noticeable gap)
Predator 2

(big gap)

AVP 1 - this movie is blah.

(gap)

AVP 2 - this movie wasn't good, but it wasn't offensive

(gap)

(big gap)

(biiiiig gap)

Super soldier Predator - Adrien Brody wearing manlet sized Ahnold gear  - GI Jane/Predator mashup
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#4]
It was a fun movie. I enjoyed it and her brother was a cool character.

If you’re going to be upset about the French trappers you might as well get pissed off that in 1719 there were very likely no white men at all in Comanche territory.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Watched it last night.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  My only real complaint is the horrible CGI on any of the obviously CGI animals.  Brother was a badass.  I would have liked some subtitles a for the Commanche and French, but just getting the gist of it was enough.  I'd place it at #2 in the franchise behind the original.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Watched it last night.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  My only real complaint is the horrible CGI on any of the obviously CGI animals.  Brother was a badass.  I would have liked some subtitles a for the Commanche and French, but just getting the gist of it was enough.  I'd place it at #2 in the franchise behind the original.
View Quote

They had to skimp on the budget somewhat.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
how did I make it in before someone said "wokahontus"?!?!?!

GD, I am disappoint in your misogny and anti-first nation-ness.

DISAPPOINT

View Quote

Not sure, but come to think of it... This was a Wokahontus movie.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
how did I make it in before someone said "wokahontus"?!?!?!

GD, I am disappoint in your misogny and anti-first nation-ness.

DISAPPOINT

I'm old enough to remember when this film was the mediocre Predator film entry. Didn't know how good we had it.
Alien vs. Predator - Predator History On Earth [HD]

You watch this one and remember: They casted a Strong Black WomanTM as the action hero to make a statement at the time.
HOWEVER.
Jesus how race and gender relations went so fucking backwards over the next 20 years.

I could be wrong, I should rewatch to verify - but I don't remember her turning to the camera and lecturing the audience.
(You know, like Miss Low Agreeableness did in this one, but that flew over some heads somehow. )
Notice how in this scene she listens to another character (who is actually, oddly enough, male) because this character knows something she doesn't.
Unlike Wokahontas, and the new breed of female protagonist characters, teenage girls who know EVERYTHING

OIh and this bullshit with the engraved pistol pisses me off so much.
This film sucked? And they're calling their shot to want a sequel before the audience has even reacted?
What?!

Fuck's sake.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
As to the predator's design, I dug it. I suspect it was just a different race from another part of their planet and appeared more primal or barbaric than the other members of the species. Certainly, the Predators from P1 and P2, as well as AVP1 and AVP2, Predators and The Predator" all had distinct physical attributes and, aside from the "cameo" of the P1 Predator race in Predators, they've all be very different. The Predator 2 creature has a vastly different head, coloration and armor that P1. The AVP predators were "young" and looked different. The Wolf Predator in AVP2 was completely unique, and the Barbaric Predators in Predators were huge and completely different physically and had red-tipped "dreads".  The rogue in Predators looked close to P1, but not the larger pursuing Predator, which was explained by genetic manipulation.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#10]

OIh and this bullshit with the engraved pistol pisses me off so much.
This film sucked? And they're calling their shot to want a sequel before the audience has even reacted?
What?!

https://c.tenor.com/oyjFHu-E5yAAAAAC/jim-mora-mora.gif

Fuck's sake.
View Quote

It was the pistol from the second film that tge predator gave Danny Glover

Looking like the Comanche tribe gotta visit from the predators in the credit scene.

Sequels are always put into consideration in any franchise though.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
 I'd place it at #2 in the franchise behind the original.
View Quote

lol

If anyone likes to geek out on this stuff, AvP Galaxy podcast for is what you seek.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#12]
i liked it alot.
she reminded me of the protagonist from the book i read 40 years ago
"Island of the Blue Dolphins"

I guess that was a woke book.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#13]
It wasn't near as bad as I was expecting. For now I have it tied with Predators for 3rd place in the series. If they had toned down the know-it-all girl power about 50% it would have been a lot better.

I'm glad that they didn't make her brother out to be an asshole (he actually did a lot to damage the predator to where his sister had a chance)
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Prey - No Masterpiece, But Surprisingly Good

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm no archer by any means, but what is with the upside down retarded way of pulling back the bow that they were using?  And the bow she used?  3 foot long and limp as a noodle?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Questions I had:
  • "If it bleeds, we can kill it" was kindof a cheesy ripoff from the original Predator movie.
  • I agree that the "eat these merrigolds and you can defeat thermal" thing was dumb. Also how she "deduced" that the Predator couldn't see the one legged French guy was a huge leap in logic.  He was laying there playing dead until the predator stomped on his stub.  That in no way indicated that the predator only saw in thermal.  Hell, people have been doing that and fooling other humans without thermal vision forever.
  • Why did the predator not have a shoulder cannon? I guess they have developed interstellar travel, cloaking, and many other high tech stuff but can't make an autocannon until 1987?  Or is that not "sporting" enough?
  • Wouldn't a true hunter notice the wind direction when she was stalking/watching the bear and he scented her?  
  • How about the Atreyu sinking in the Swamp of Sadness scene?
  • Why didn't the predator nuke himself at the end?

Overall it was a decent movie if you like the predator franchise or that "hunted' scifi theme. I would have liked to have seen the Indians devise more innovative ways to kill the predator rather than just "stab, stab, repeat then throw Lara Croft axe".
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:03:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Pure shit.  I went in with abysmally low expectations and it still pissed me off.  

The first half of the movie is extremely boring.  The lead character is a plank of wood.  We get about 45 minutes of her running around, jumping off trees in some half ass parkour, and failing as a hunter until she ties a rope to her tomahawk.  Yeah, thats the ticket!  Now she's a bad ass.  

The predator is such a tough hunter it kills snakes, rabbits, wolves, whatever, but then suddenly only wants more of a challenge later on.  It kills anything and everything it passes until it gets to our pathetic weakling lead character, then he chooses not to kill her.  

The rest of the movie is breakdowns in common sense, logic, gravity, physics.  Her dog gets it's tail stuck in a bear trap.  Every male aside from her brother underestimates her.  Every white male is a buffoon there solely to be a victim to the predator.  There are zero likable characters.  The predator, which is an extremely interesting and nuanced character in the first few movies of the series is a mindless killing machine that gets his ass kicked by a little girl.

I can't find the words to truly illustrate how shit this movie is.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pure shit.  I went in with abysmally low expectations and it still pissed me off.  

The first half of the movie is extremely boring.  The lead character is a plank of wood.  We get about 45 minutes of her running around, jumping off trees in some half ass parkour, and failing as a hunter until she ties a rope to her tomahawk.  Yeah, thats the ticket!  Now she's a bad ass.  

The predator is such a tough hunter it kills snakes, rabbits, wolves, whatever, but then suddenly only wants more of a challenge later on.  It kills anything and everything it passes until it gets to our pathetic weakling lead character, then he chooses not to kill her.  

The rest of the movie is breakdowns in common sense, logic, gravity, physics.  Her dog gets it's tail stuck in a bear trap.  Every male aside from her brother underestimates her.  Every white male is a buffoon there solely to be a victim to the predator.  There are zero likable characters.  The predator, which is an extremely interesting and nuanced character in the first few movies of the series is a mindless killing machine that gets his ass kicked by a little girl.

View Quote

Thaaank you.

According to the "Access media" that's been pushing their marketing-dribble onto my Zuckerbook feed, it's "better than the original"
Holy fuck, there is literally nothing about this movie that's better than the original?

Attachment Attached File

If there was ONE THING they shouldn't have fucked with. It was this ^.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thaaank you.

According to the "Access media" that's been pushing their marketing-dribble onto my Zuckerbook feed, it's "better than the original"
Holy fuck, there is literally nothing about this movie that's better than the original?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144599/297415800_7878059708934321_2081685695307-2484987.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thaaank you.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144599/297415800_7878059708934321_2081685695307-2484987.JPG

It checks all the right boxes, of course they say it's better than the original.

Strong female minority lead, asshole men, shithead whites. I'm surprised they didn't make her a bull lesbian.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:20:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thaaank you.

View Quote

LMAO.  it does look like the predator in it has downs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thaaank you.

Attachment Attached File

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thaaank you.

Attachment Attached File

Extra chromosome, bro. It explains everything about how this predator acts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#22]
A Predator alien meets a Mexican feminist. Evil white men fail to kill it but angry feminist succeeds. The end.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Awesome except for the obvious “they are not Comanche”, not in Comanche territory and the CGI animals were silly. I loved everything else.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#24]
not bad better than the all but 1 and 2
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m Predator 2, there was a T-Rex skull in the alien ship so how could this movie be the first hunt?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Watched it.  It didn't suck.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
She's not particularly attractive, but them DSLs, tho.

Straight to Hulu… let’s you know how much faith they have in it.
View Quote

Ah uh I beg to differ
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I watched it and was entertained.

Also lol at all of the movie critics here criticizing the reality of a woman fighting an alien in the 1700’s.
View Quote

What this guy said! I’m not a devoted fan of the Predator series, but I was entertained by the movie. Don’t let the details of a sci fi movie ruin your day!
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#29]
The film was enjoyable and had a good pace.  

I need to rewatch the credits for the transition of the weapon, as alluded to above.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#30]
It was just OK.  Sorry  white knights, but I ain’t buying a native chick from 300 years ago is going to quickly understand how laser tracking works. Too many CGI animals.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:10:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I’m Predator 2, there was a T-Rex skull in the alien ship so how could this movie be the first hunt?
View Quote

The T-Rex skull was an Alien beast skull.

I have not seen the movie yet but the Predator sounds like a Bad Blood-  a Yautja that does not follow an Honor Code.  The Original Predator film did as the Hunter would not kill the unarmed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I watched it.  It was not cheap or woke IMO.  Yes there is a girl who wants to be tough but she still gets her ass handed to her by stuff and only comes out ahead by using brains.  When a force is so overwhelming that EVERYONE will get their butts kicked then brains is what is called for.  The fact that they cast real NA in the roles is good too.  

To each their own.  

I enjoyed it and remember, GD hates everything.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who says the TRex is a skull from an earth creature?  It could be this rookie Preds first hunt.  As to his kit, he could be the equivalent of a black powder hunter now or maybe two hundred or so years before the original movie they hadn't made that kit yet.  

An M16 is very different from an M4 even though they are basically the same.  

Jeeze people it is SciFI action, not a damn documentary.  I already stated it, GD hates everything.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's ok.  Not horrible
View Quote

Yep.  

I think the biggest problem I had with it was it literally shows Predator getting mauled by a bear, bleeding etc, and its like nope, im good not hurt at all lol

Even the original had a quick scene showing Predator stitching himself up after taking a bullet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yep.  

I think the biggest problem I had with it was it literally shows Predator getting mauled by a bear, bleeding etc, and its like nope, im good not hurt at all lol

Even the original had a quick scene showing Predator stitching himself up after taking a bullet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's ok.  Not horrible

Yep.  

They fired into the jungle for like, what a full minute?
A squad of guys with automatic weapons, literally a minigun, AND literally a revolving grenade launcher.

And the result:

"We hit nothing.."
They barely tagged predator ONCE.
He was that elusive.

What we got in Indian GI Jane: Predator?

Predator Bullet sponge and he fights with his machete up close just like Jason.

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I enjoyed it and remember, GD hates everything.
View Quote

Kate Beckinsale in her prime exists.

Your argument is invalid.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#37]
It was meh. Just not as good as it could have been.

Make it 20-30 mins longer, and just rehash the original. Indians vs. Europeans with the predator picking them off here and there.

Wasnt a fan of the flintlock pistol cameo. The comic storyline with it is much better.

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
As to the predator's design, I dug it. I suspect it was just a different race from another part of their planet and appeared more primal or barbaric than the other members of the species. Certainly, the Predators from P1 and P2, as well as AVP1 and AVP2, Predators and The Predator" all had distinct physical attributes and, aside from the "cameo" of the P1 Predator race in Predators, they've all be very different. The Predator 2 creature has a vastly different head, coloration and armor that P1. The AVP predators were "young" and looked different. The Wolf Predator in AVP2 was completely unique, and the Barbaric Predators in Predators were huge and completely different physically and had red-tipped "dreads".  The rogue in Predators looked close to P1, but not the larger pursuing Predator, which was explained by genetic manipulation.
View Quote

I dug his load out but hated the helmet. I saw it like how hunters today will hunt with stone tips. This guy was using old school weapons to get his cave predator larp fix
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Like a battered wife convinced by her abusive husband's friends that "this time will be different" I, like an idiot, ignored my instincts and decided to give this movie a chance.

The first two acts were okay, but it was all leading up to the third act where it would make or break the movie and, unfortunately, it Amber Hearded the bed.  Even with that it was still better than The Predator (2018), but of course that's not saying much.  I think the people saying this is as good as (if not BETTER than) the original are fucked in the head.  Hell, it wasn't even better than Predators (2010), IMO.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yep.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's ok.  Not horrible

Yep.  

He injected himself with some nanobot repair wizardry that he brought from his spaceship. That was the more believable parts of the story.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Like a battered wife convinced by her abusive husband's friends that "this time will be different" I, like an idiot, ignored my instincts and decided to give this movie a chance.

The first two acts were okay, but it was all leading up to the third act where it would make or break the movie and, unfortunately, it Amber Hearded the bed.  Even with that it was still better than The Predator (2018), but of course that's not saying much.  I think the people saying this is as good as (if not BETTER than) the original are fucked in the head.  Hell, it wasn't even better than Predators (2010), IMO.
View Quote
+1
It was alright, mediocre at best
Sadly I think most the hype this movie is receiving is more a commentary on the sad state of modern movies in general than the actual quality of this movie
Same with Top Gun and Terminal List 15+ years ago they would have been middle of the pack decent quality movies , now they are fucking fantastic compared to 90% of the shit hollywood produces
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:54:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Finally got around to it, not something that I’d watch again but it was entertaining enough.

I went in thinking there’s no way it could be worse than Predator 2 and thankfully I was correct.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:57:25 AM EDT
[#43]
I liked it ok.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm no archer by any means, but what is with the upside down retarded way of pulling back the bow that they were using?  And the bow she used?  3 foot long and limp as a noodle?
View Quote

Probably because the actress couldn't pull back more than a 5lb draw weight bow.  I noticed all these things with a bow as well, having used to shoot Olympic-style recurve.  Any time a character holds a recurve bow back for 30 seconds straight I start to get cringe-face.

I agree with most of criticisms on this page.  This movie just showcases how modern young directors really don't know what they are doing.  I think I first got this notion when I realized JJ Abrams was a hack, ruining the Star Trek franchise with stuff that looks cool, but makes no sense.  This movie had huge pacing, lighting, script, effects, and logic issues because very few modern directors know how to do the basics of movie storytelling anymore.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Probably because the actress couldn't pull back more than a 5lb draw weight bow.  I noticed all these things with a bow as well, having used to shoot Olympic-style recurve.  Any time a character holds a recurve bow back for 30 seconds straight I start to get cringe-face.

I agree with most of criticisms on this page.  This movie just showcases how modern young directors really don't know what they are doing.  I think I first got this notion when I realized JJ Abrams was a hack, ruining the Star Trek franchise with stuff that looks cool, but makes no sense.  This movie had huge pacing, lighting, script, effects, and logic issues because very few modern directors know how to do the basics of movie storytelling anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Prey  Is everything wrong with modern movies"

Sargon had some interesting things to say.
I believe the gist of it is that modern movie making has gotten so bad that people actually thought this was good, but it doesn't really stand up to better films of the past.

Also he did point out a bunch of things I pointed out as well, which I'm sure will rustle some jimmies, because famous YouTuberman said it and now the Ostrich-brigade might have to take it seriously.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Just watched it. It was ok.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top