BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not one scene where she takes a dump in the woods, or has to wring out her deerskin ensemble?
View Quote

Somewhat.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just finished watching it, I liked it alot.

Not as woke as I was expecting.

Oh and the flintlock pistol at the end screams sequel.
View Quote

I believe that’s in reference to Predator 2

I watched it last night too. It was ok. The ax on a string was a little far fetched.  Kind of slow to start

Not great but not terrible.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’m glad to know I can just eat some magic flowers and defeat thermal optics. That may come in handy in the future.
Can I use 550 cord on my tomahawk during a multiple opponent melee fight or does it have to be braided bark from a magic tree?
View Quote

Yea those 2 things were way out in left field.  The only way that plant thing works is if it immediately drops your body temp to the ambient temp. But then you’d be dead
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did you watch the same movie that had a 100lb girl getting body slammed and thrown around by a predator without her taking any damage?  The same movie that had her jumping through the air like a super hero?  The movie had a great premise but turned into woke crap full of terrible CGI.
View Quote

No, watched the movie where she fucked up, got her ass handed to her by a mountain lion and had to be saved by her brother.  And then got her ass kicked by the scouting party looking for her.  And by the French.  And would have been killed multiple times without the intervention of her brother or her dog.

You’re so wrapped up in declaring this horrible because of the wokeness, it was just a mediocre movie.  She tried to prove she could hang with the men, and but for the horribly contrived ending (and I’ll concede the scene at the end in the camp where she ninjas everybody was over the top) she failed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven't seen it yet but can already tell you it was better than The Predator.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I believe that’s in reference to Predator 2

I watched it last night too. It was ok. The ax on a string was a little far fetched.  Kind of slow to start

View Quote

Probably the best predator movie since the first 2.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Probably the best predator movie since the first 2.
View Quote

Predators was 2nd best movie in the franchise.

Predator original
Predators
Predator 2
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They saved a ton of money by shooting in the dark with no lights

also 200 years ago the predators had bone helmets but also spaceships

the brother rescued her from the lion,
carried her back home, then returned to kill the lion and then brought it back to the village in the dark?

they missed the traditional helmet reveal shot
View Quote

Predators customize their helmets and often hunt with equipment on a similar level to that of their prey.

His is not the first helmet in universe to resemble bone.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Predators was 2nd best movie in the franchise.

Predator original
Predators
Predator 2
View Quote

This guy gets it, the other movies all suck to bad to rate.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I watched cowboys and aliens. Ill watch this. Same catergory
View Quote

You have a righteous take.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#11]
It was ok.

There were aspects of the unbelievable in regards to the protagonist(Her bounding through the air, off trees, etc. Her weaponry.), but it's a sci-fi movie about a hunter alien. So...

It wasn't as woke as expected; more of the old "girls can do anything boys can do" trope. For a "woke" movie, they didn't exactly paint the noble indigenous in the best light. The protagonist's male tribemates physically assaulted her, practiced patriarchy, and she went full savage on the fat French guy. The Frenchies didn't even get rapey on her.

The pistol totally wiped out its origin canon from the comic's and doesn't bode well for the protagonist's tribe now possessing it. But then it was probably just a throw away appearance for the sake of fan service that'll never be acknowledged again in the series.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Haven't seen it yet but can already tell you it was better than The Predator.
View Quote

It was pretty good imo.

It's not perfect but it's entertaining and I like how they portrayed the predator in this one.

Edit
Lots of predator vs prey action and made me think about the humans actually hunting the predator somewhat.

The end credits are probably a good indicator that the tribe was wiped out shortly after along with the gun from predator 2.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Great movie
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Such an enjoyable film, with very not woke gender-politics like;
"Are you here to come cook for us"

Very quoteable.
From "Stick Around" to "cAuSe YoU aLl ThInK i CaN't"

View Quote

I think the Predator underestimating her was the actual point.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No overly woke bullshit or beating you over the head with the mono-culture's cultish message, no horrible CGI, reasonable budget,  no A-list actors sucking up the budget like a hoover, just talented actors working their asses off.  

Just a fun movie.

Also enjoyed the savagely minimalist predator not weighed down with 500 pounds of tech bullshit.
View Quote

You must of watched a different movie.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Very quoteable.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was entertaining. Some of you guys need to lighten up a bit.

Very quoteable.

What are you mumbling about?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very quoteable.

Those are actual quotes from the movie you watched and apparently don't remember, sport.

Your reading comprehension is almost as bad as your inability to pick out totally unveiled political themes from a movie
Almost.

If you liked GI Jane predator girl power edition, more power to you, I happened not to like it.
Respond if you like, I won't be replying further.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Pretty good, not great.
But I was pleasantly surprised being 100% convinced it was going to be a woke nightmare.
Honestly, the thing that irritated me the most was how the Indians pulled their bow strings back all upside down and wonky. Zero anchor points.
I’d watch a sequel
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Interesting Mashup of genres..I liked it
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#20]
It was watchable.  There was one action scene that was hard to watch because it was so black/dark on the TV screen and I have a pretty good newer TV that usually handles dark/black scenes pretty well.  Even rewatched that scene on my retina macbook and it's still hard to make out details.  I think it was an attempt to skimp on CGI, they don't need to spend money on detailed rendering if the scene is taking place in super darkness I guess.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It was watchable.  There was one action scene that was hard to watch because it was so black/dark on the TV screen and I have a pretty good newer TV that usually handles dark/black scenes pretty well.  Even rewatched that scene on my retina macbook and it's still hard to make out details.  I think it was an attempt to skimp on CGI, they don't need to spend money on detailed rendering if the scene is taking place in super darkness I guess.

View Quote

See GOT attack of Winterfell
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Those are actual quotes from the movie you watched and apparently don't remember, sport.

Your reading comprehension is almost as bad as your inability to pick out totally unveiled political themes from a movie
Almost.

If you liked GI Jane predator girl power edition, more power to you, I happened not to like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very quoteable.

Almost.

I watched it for entertainment, not for writing a thesis for a sociology course.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't mind when super powered women kick ass because of super powers.

Or even movies like sucker punch.

But sometimes its a bit much
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Just watched it. Decent.

Had to watch the og version afterwards though.

ETA: GURL POWAH!
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I think that Prey was the 2nd best in the franchise. Next to only the original Predator movie w/ Arnold. The original Predator movie is GOAT level. Prey and the others are not.  

I don’t recall. But in the first Predator movie, does it mention which tribe that the Native American Green Beret’s ancestors were from? It would be cool if it were the same tribe from Prey and he was one of those Warrior Indians great great great great great grandsons. Comanche I think.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
After watching Legion (decent S1, but S2 was so bad I quit halfway through) I am even less hopeful for this movie that I was a couple of weeks ago.  

The lead actress in Prey plays a "badass" character in Legion and.... well I could type an essay on how bad she was in the role, but I'll just say she might have been the most unconvincing female "badass" major character I have EVER SEEN on a tv show and leave it at that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
After watching Legion (decent S1, but S2 was so bad I quit halfway through) I am even less hopeful for this movie that I was a couple of weeks ago.  

The lead actress in Prey plays a "badass" character in Legion and.... well I could type an essay on how bad she was in the role, but I'll just say she might have been the most unconvincing female "badass" major character I have EVER SEEN on a tv show and leave it at that.

I stopped watching Legion when the main angel offed the hot redhead

Quoted:
Hundreds of years pass from this film to the original Predator and that species didnt improve their tech? Gear/weapons look the same with no upgrades in Arnold's time

They're hunters.  They intentionally make it harder on themselves to make it challenging.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Watched it. It was... Meh...
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Watched it. It was... Meh...
View Quote

This. Pretty much what I expected is what I got.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I enjoyed it.  I watched it with my almost 14 year old granddaughter and her goldendoole, so that may have had something to do with it.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I feel like I'm the only one who thought that episode wasn't too dark and I hate dark scenes normally.
Quoted:
I don't mind when super powered women kick ass because of super powers.

Or even movies like sucker punch.

But sometimes its a bit much
View Quote

She wasn't OP at all besides her acrobatics. The weapons were over the top but at least she trained.

And besides the predator was a little under powered compared to most predators I thought. He got fucked up alot in this.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Looking at Twitter and seeing some people hype the fuck out of this to the point some are claiming its better than the original Predator is reminding me of when people were hyping the fuck out of Black Panther as one of the greatest movies of all time.  When I finally watched it I found it wasn't even the best MCU film to come out over a 4 month period.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#32]
It was okay. A little heavy-handed with the "Gurl Power" nonsense but still entertaining.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow, it's weird how some of you guys equate disagreement over this shitstain of a film as being misogynistic racism.  You sound like the assfucks on the looney left.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pretty good, not great.
But I was pleasantly surprised being 100% convinced it was going to be a woke nightmare.
Honestly, the thing that irritated me the most was how the Indians pulled their bow strings back all upside down and wonky. Zero anchor points.
I’d watch a sequel
View Quote

I noticed the bowstring thing myself. Wrote it off as MAYBE that's how the Indians pulled a bow 300 years ago. Definitely looked goofy as all hell though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Predators customize their helmets and often hunt with equipment on a similar level to that of their prey.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They saved a ton of money by shooting in the dark with no lights

also 200 years ago the predators had bone helmets but also spaceships

the brother rescued her from the lion,
carried her back home, then returned to kill the lion and then brought it back to the village in the dark?

they missed the traditional helmet reveal shot

Sure, because a cloaking device that makes one nigh invisible is "on a similar level" to sleeveless camo fatigues.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Pleasantly surprised.  It was pretty ok.  It's Hulu, my standards aren't very high.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember them hyping it up as “better than Helm’s Deep”?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think that Prey was the 2nd best in the franchise. Next to only the original Predator movie w/ Arnold. The original Predator movie is GOAT level. Prey and the others are not.  

I don’t recall. But in the first Predator movie, does it mention which tribe that the Native American Green Beret’s ancestors were from? It would be cool if it were the same tribe from Prey and he was one of those Warrior Indians great great great great great grandsons. Comanche I think.
View Quote

I was just thinking the same thing. This must be what Billy's ancestors talked about and passed down through the generations.

This movie worked for me. I think the smaller personal approach is the better path for this series.  Raising the stakes, expanding the cast and the set pieces were critical mistakes in Shane Black's 2018 version and in all the AvP movies.

In this one, the 2 standout sequences were the 1st encounter and the fight with the Frenchies, both were executed extremely well.  Although I think if the 1st Predator had been portrayed so brutally, I'm not sure they would have gotten past the censors at the time.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I believe that's in reference to Predator 2

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just finished watching it, I liked it alot.

Not as woke as I was expecting.

Oh and the flintlock pistol at the end screams sequel.

I believe that's in reference to Predator 2

Saw it last night.  Looked up a screenshot of Danny Glover and it's the same pistol.  So they have to get it back.  It's a nice tie in to a pull things together vs the other films that sort of stand on their own, but also flap in the wind.  

I thought it was decent for a 2 hour ride.  Not great, but what do you expect from today's holly-weird.  Both historical inaccuracies and a female that has super powers dealing with misogyny is standard though very tiresome.  It's a predator movie, so not really looking for a history lesson.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Watchable

ETA- The First American peoples were really misogynistic, trying to keep a strong woman in her place. It’s a good thing Europeans came along to show them the error of their ways
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I was just thinking the same thing. This must be what Billy's ancestors talked about and passed down through the generations.

This movie worked for me. I think the smaller personal approach is the better path for this series.  Raising the stakes, expanding the cast and the set pieces were critical mistakes in Shane Black's 2018 version and in all the AvP movies.

In this one, the 2 standout sequences were the 1st encounter and the fight with the Frenchies, both were executed extremely well.  Although I think if the 1st Predator had been portrayed so brutally, I'm not sure they would have gotten past the censors at the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I pulled this from a fan site so not sure how accurate it is:

Early life:  Billy was of half-Sioux Indian, half-Italian descent[3] and it was from his native people that he learned his exemplary tracking skills. When he was an infant, his people would tell stories of how a Predator had once hunted their forefathers,

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#42]
I'd have rather seen 90 minutes of badass Comanche warriors on horseback fighting the predator.

Similar to the first movie, they would all be dangerous, competent, fearless fighters that impress the predator with their skill so he chooses them as worthy prey. This shit isn't hard yet they keep fucking it up.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The movie was trash.  Shoulda named the movie Mary Sue vs. Predator.  The predator design was terrible as well.
View Quote
Mary Sue my ass. She failed miserably/chickened out every time she went head to head with whatever she was hunting. It was kind of pathetic. She eventually figured out she'd need to outsmart the Predator rather than facing it head on. I swear, some of y'all consider any female character a Mary Sue if she does anything other than cook barefoot in the kitchen or give great BJs. I've seen far worse woke garbage than this movie. If you can get past the concept of even having a heroine (I know it's triggering for some of you), I thought it was fairly well done in that regard. Overall, not a great movie by any stretch, but I was entertained and did not feel like I was being preached to.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#44]
This movie served no purpose besides making a Predator with down's.

They nailed that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They nailed that.
View Quote

Perhaps you’re confused as Autism was in the last movie
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Did you watch the same movie that had a 100lb girl getting body slammed and thrown around by a predator without her taking any damage?  The same movie that had her jumping through the air like a super hero?  The movie had a great premise but turned into woke crap full of terrible CGI.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't great, but the character wasn't a Mary Sue.  She got her ass handed to her by just about every opponent until the end.  She needed her brother or her dog to rescue her from every situation, until the ridiculous final fight.

That happens to the hero in virtually every action movie - man or woman.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Perhaps you're confused as Autism was in the last movie
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They nailed that.

Perhaps you're confused as Autism was in the last movie
The autistic kid in that movie and the predator with the extra chromosome in this movie make more sense and are more relevant than your comment
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Watchable

ETA- The First American peoples were really misogynistic, trying to keep a strong woman in her place. It’s a good thing Europeans came along to show them the error of their ways
View Quote

I was entertained.

More importantly, my wife is a huge Predator fan. She enjoyed it and I got laid.

So I give the movie 1 thumb and 1 penis up.

Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'd have rather seen 90 minutes of badass Comanche warriors on horseback fighting the predator.

View Quote
Well acktuallllleeeeee,

1719 Comanches were just meeting the horse

1860 Comanche are 2 or 3 generations later
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top