Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I just finished watching it, I liked it alot.

Not as woke as I was expecting.

Oh and the flintlock pistol at the end screams sequel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
No Indian movie is complete without Graeme Green.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#3]
The movie was trash.  Shoulda named the movie Mary Sue vs. Predator.  The predator design was terrible as well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Not watching, don't care, don't give a fuck and even though I got Hulu on that 99cent trial for 12 months - still not clicking on that shit so they can count that I watched it.

Fuck woke shit.

ETA:

How can you "not" call it woke, when they have to try to create a "prequel" where the 1st Predator to hit Earth was taken out by a non-White female?

This is the same shit they've did with Terminator Dark Age - to prove how White males are no longer needed, they had to kill John Connor as a child - to give rise to a Hispanic and female future leader of the resistance.

I'm all for strong females and diversity - but don't appreciate it being shoved down people's throats - which this "Prey" shit (and most stuff now a days) is, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Just finished it .

That girl was like a super hero and had  skills and brains  far beyond mortal  man.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought it was really good.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Larry Correia did a short in the Predator universe. I’m not giving anything away, it rocked.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought it was really good.
View Quote

I started it today, hopefully can finish soon. Seemed fine, the landscape was enjoyable to look at and she is easy on the eyes. ???????
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Tons of fun, well acted, tight little story. The predator was absolutely ferocious in this - very quick and vicious. Amber Midthunder was good - really not woke at all. Her success is strategic; it’s pretty clear she isn’t a physical match for the Predator. Also, the dude that played her brother was badass.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#11]
There is a version on hulu in full Comanche
but the French subtitles are in french
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Not even going to watch it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just finished watching it, I liked it alot.

Not as woke as I was expecting.

Oh and the flintlock pistol at the end screams sequel.
View Quote

It was the one Danny Glover got at the end of Predator 2
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:45:07 AM EDT
[#14]
It's alright

I realized Arf wouldn't like it when the main character showed some semblance of intelligence
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#15]
She was gay the whole time
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:54:53 AM EDT
[#16]
My brother watched it and said it was actually decent. He has pretty good taste in movies, and told me that the ‘woke’ thing wasn’t really an issue.

I don’t have Hulu, just passing this on
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Saw it, I enjoyed it. Probably better than any of the the ones after predator 2.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#18]
They saved a ton of money by shooting in the dark with no lights

also 200 years ago the predators had bone helmets but also spaceships

the brother rescued her from the lion,
carried her back home, then returned to kill the lion and then brought it back to the village in the dark?

they missed the traditional helmet reveal shot
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#19]
That movie was garbage, woke, bad cgi, garbage.

How some are saying is good is bewildering to me.

Cliffs:
- white men bad
- predators bad
-50% of Indian men bad
- women good
- pet dogs good
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Cliffs:
- white men bad
- predators bad
-50% of Indian men bad
- women good
- pet dogs good
View Quote
Those guys weren't white, they were French. It's historically accurate that the French are the bad guys. The French are always the real enemy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I wouldn't have been surprised if this had gone the way of the "Batgirl" tax write-off.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not watching, don't care, don't give a fuck and even though I got Hulu on that 99cent trial for 12 months - still not clicking on that shit so they can count that I watched it.

Fuck woke shit.

ETA:

How can you "not" call it woke, when they have to try to create a "prequel" where the 1st Predator to hit Earth was taken out by a non-White female?

This is the same shit they've did with Terminator Dark Age - to prove how White males are no longer needed, they had to kill John Connor as a child - to give rise to a Hispanic and female future leader of the resistance.

I'm all for strong females and diversity - but don't appreciate it being shoved down people's throats - which this "Prey" shit (and most stuff now a days) is, IMO.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Watched it last night.

3 / 5 stars.

Better than any of the other sequels. She didn’t beat the Predator because she was a badass female Crazy Horse. It was because the Predator continually underestimated her and didn’t see her as a real threat, which she used to her advantage.

AVP was pretty good until the human female had to bail out the pussified Predator and become an honorary tribe member, at the end of the movie. The other sequels just suck bigly.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The movie was trash.  Shoulda named the movie Mary Sue vs. Predator.  The predator design was terrible as well.
View Quote

It wasn't great, but the character wasn't a Mary Sue.  She got her ass handed to her by just about every opponent until the end.  She needed her brother or her dog to rescue her from every situation, until the ridiculous final fight.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Empire of the Summer Moon
This is 100% more thrilling and horrific than Prey. Comanches did not have little girls as warriors. They were the most feared human predators, the depiction of the raid on the Parker ranch will haunt you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#26]
I’m glad to know I can just eat some magic flowers and defeat thermal optics. That may come in handy in the future.
Can I use 550 cord on my tomahawk during a multiple opponent melee fight or does it have to be braided bark from a magic tree?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is 100% more thrilling and horrific than Prey. Comanches did not have little girls as warriors. They were the most feared human predators, the depiction of the raid on the Parker ranch will haunt you.
https://www.legendsofamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Three-mounted-Comanche-warriors1892.jpg
View Quote

Get out of here with you facts and knowledge.

I pointed out to my wife that the Comanche were known as the greatest Calvary the world has ever seen. But they were also known as one of the more primitive of the native Americans with a very rudimentary language. They didn’t have many words for love or compassion because it wasn’t important to them. But they had dozens of words to describe horses.
Also the girl in the movie would of had the shit beaten out of her daily by her own family if she stepped out of line like that. Plus at her age she would of had 3 kids by now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#28]
The wife and I suffered through it.  Im a quarter Yavapai so I try to watch movies that feature Natives but this wasnt very good.    My wife fell.asleep about 1/3 through
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It wasn't great, but the character wasn't a Mary Sue.  She got her ass handed to her by just about every opponent until the end.  She needed her brother or her dog to rescue her from every situation, until the ridiculous final fight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were you asleep during parts of the movie? Because you obviously missed the scenes where Mary Sue Feather beats up 3-4 able bodied trackers at their camp, then provides first aid One Leg Louie all while learning how to fire a flintlock pistol.

Another woke turd movie. Except this time they were fiscally smart: used no-name actors to save money, shot in the wilderness (i.e. no emphasis on set building, less reliance on artificial lighting), etc. Fuck em either way.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://www.legendsofamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Three-mounted-Comanche-warriors1892.jpg
View Quote

I really have to read this book.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I want one of the retractable metal nets...
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It came out today. Anyone here bored enough to watch it for the rest of us?
View Quote
5/10.  At best.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
5/10.  At best.
View Quote

Concur.

It was watchable. Enjoyable. Not great.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm glad to know I can just eat some magic flowers and defeat thermal optics. That may come in handy in the future.
Can I use 550 cord on my tomahawk during a multiple opponent melee fight or does it have to be braided bark from a magic tree?
View Quote
One of the stupidest part of the movie.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Sounds like a piece of shit.
Not watching.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#36]
It was a good Predator movie. I enjoyed it and hope they continue with this premise in other era’s.
Maybe fight some Greeks, get caught up in WWII, etc.

However, it was not a good movie. I had fun, but I’m not exactly going around telling anyone it was a masterpiece or anything lol
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#37]

I learn something here everyday, whether I like it or not.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Those guys weren't white, they were French. It's historically accurate that the French are the bad guys. The French are always the real enemy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cliffs:
- white men bad
- predators bad
-50% of Indian men bad
- women good
- pet dogs good

Kevin is that you?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

We literally got the Arya-Stark-dagger-jump Tomahawk EditionTM.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you watch the same movie that had a 100lb girl getting body slammed and thrown around by a predator without her taking any damage?  The same movie that had her jumping through the air like a super hero?  The movie had a great premise but turned into woke crap full of terrible CGI.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Did you watch the same movie that had a 100lb girl getting body slammed and thrown around by a predator without her taking any damage?  The same movie that had her jumping through the air like a super hero?  The movie had a great premise but turned into woke crap full of terrible CGI.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps they also missed the part where the protagonist looks to the camera and lectures the audience about their stereotypes about young unathletic teenage girls not simply being epic Warriors that can solo an extra-planetary threat that just killed an entire commanche hunting party.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#43]
It was entertaining. Some of you guys need to lighten up a bit.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Lame. Thought it was gonna be about the backstory of the dead Green Berets that they find in the beginning of the first movie.
View Quote
No.. that would have been a film men would have enjoyed,can't have that
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Was the tomahawk steel?
why did she file it with a stone knife?

was the tomahawk stone?
how did it survive being slammed into trees?

the hafting and shape look like stone
and she did not grok the steel chain on the trap
@smashy
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It was entertaining. Some of you guys need to lighten up a bit.

View Quote

Such an enjoyable film, with very not woke gender-politics like;
"Are you here to come cook for us"

Very quoteable.
From "Stick Around" to "cAuSe YoU aLl ThInK i CaN't"

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/ae011dc9-0569-42f5-8e16-fd61b68b6699/the-new-predator-film-prey-will-be-presented-in-both-english-and-in-comanche.jpg

Was the tomahawk steel?
why did she file it with a stone knife?

was the tomahawk stone?
how did it survive being slammed into trees?

the hafting and shape look like stone
and she did not grok the steel chain on the trap
@smashy
View Quote

Right because the original predator was such a realistic documentary.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Not one scene where she takes a dump in the woods, or has to wring out her deerskin ensemble?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#49]
No overly woke bullshit or beating you over the head with the mono-culture's cultish message, no horrible CGI, reasonable budget,  no A-list actors sucking up the budget like a hoover, just talented actors working their asses off.  

Just a fun movie.

Also enjoyed the savagely minimalist predator not weighed down with 500 pounds of tech bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not one scene where she takes a dump in the woods, or has to wring out her deerskin ensemble?
View Quote

She walks right past the women who were gathering things for the village right, because she doesn't have any of those responsibilities, nor does she have hunting responsibilities like her brother Chad.

She wakes up late, she goes out going to shopping with her dog on Comanche 5th Avenue doing whatever the hell she likes because: She's not an upper class woman or anything, (like the modern 3rd feminists for whom this movie was made).

She doesn't really have social proof, she doesn't explain anything to anybody because that's beneath her, so she doesn't have to negotiate with anybody, ever - her only friend is her brother who she resents

But guess what bro. People don't like her because she's a girl, not because she's very low in agreeableness and is a very selfish person
(Probably like the people who wrote this story. All they wanted to do is go to Hollywood to be famous, and they're totally better than the dumbfucks who "never left their home town" and have boring jobs and children. and they don't self-medicate with drugs.. c-cause they're the losers, r-right guys?

Also when her mom is trying to talk to her about her own life, she looks down at her mother because her mother is a dumb bunny for "just" having a family and saving people's lives with her medicine, RELIABLY, AND NOT JUST WHEN HER CLUSTER-B ASS IS TAKING MENTAL HEALTH DAYS

Doesn't Mama know that's not as good as her daughter despite her contributions?
You're a loser unless you buy into 2022 gender politics about proving something to the boys, "muhhhh stereotypes" about athletic biology and getting thumbsie uppies on Comanchegram
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top