User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And construction.

When did men become such scared pussies?

View Quote

About the same time that unhinged lunatics showing up to work after a disagreement of some kind and mowing people down with firearms became a regular occurrence.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You went into someone's office with a bat to threaten him? Sounds like you should have been shot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I went into another agents office with a baseball bat for not the intention of sportsball, once. We sorted it out and are still friends  years later.

You went into someone's office with a bat to threaten him? Sounds like you should have been shot.

Only a pussy takes a gun to a baseball bat fight.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had some weirdo threaten to come to my house the other day and kick my ass. It's a neighbor and the guy that handles the internet satelite out here.  He installed the reciever on my cabin and set up my service.

I don't know him very well other than calling him to report a loss of my internet signal and did the other day. He asked if I wanted to hear some neighborhood gossip about another neighbor and I said sure. He then proceeded to tell me if I repeated it he was going to come to my house and 'kick your ass.'

I didn't tell him because I didn't want him to flip the "off" switch on my internet service but I have a 'no ass whipping policy', as I slid my G19 in it's kydex holster out of the way on my desk.
View Quote

Dish the dirt, you can’t leave us hanging.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
We talking 2 line cooks at the local McDonalds or...?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I can say with 100% certainty that I would be fired on the spot if I threatened violence to a co-worker.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Termination
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep. Terminate both. Had two shipping and receiving female employees duke it out in an area they knew had no security cameras. The area they worked in did have them. A guy getting materials reported it to me because he couldn't find the supervisor. I found the supervisor and filled him in. They admitted to him about the fight, but said they were good with it. Both were sent home and were fired the next day. I actually had someone confront me about keeping it quiet because they needed their jobs. I asked them if they were accidently paralyzed by a bullet during round 2 next week in the parking lot, would they sue? They said "of course". I said you got them fired, so hush.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#9]
A good friend of mine was murdered at his desk by a coworker who had made threats that were disregarded. People are unhinged these days, I'd take every threat seriously and initiate termination were it my workplace.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I had to fire a guy who threatened to kill my boss with a shotgun.
He did so in front of a bunch of people but I wasn't in the room at the time.
He sent me an email saying "don't worry, you're safe".
I sent that to HR, who sent it the cops, and never heard another word of it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#11]
This.

You threaten a coworker and you're gone.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I am unaware of an employment exception to criminal statutes.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Update in OP.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fired immediately and trespassed. Victim given opportunity to report the threat to LE while on site for trespass.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#15]
This just happened at my job.

I had the MoD send him home.  He called me on his way home, admitted to using threatening language, tried to justify it, and asked if he was going to get fired.

"Well, I can't make that decision on my own, but it's been elevated to the regional and HR already and we have a zero tolerance for workplace violence and harassment, so you do the math."

He quit.

HR decided to let the resignation stand rather than term him.

He's a parole officer at his day job.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#16]
At the hospital, I informed an employees boss, and the HR department, that the employee shouting that he wanted to machine gun his Republican coworkers, whom he called “fucking retards.”

Nothing happened to him, except he had to close his office door. Then he started retaliating against me, and screwing with my peer reviews. Still nothing happened.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dismissal for cause.  Immediately.
View Quote

This.
Just because it's California you can do it, don't let anyone BS you.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top