Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 23
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok thanks. My first AR ive bought from a kit, buddy ordered one to. We are going to attempt to build them together, wish us luck!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, do you need a stripped pistol lower for this kit?
it should be on the 4473 as a "receiver", not as a pistol or rifle
Ok thanks. My first AR ive bought from a kit, buddy ordered one to. We are going to attempt to build them together, wish us luck!
it's really not too hard, just take your time, especially with the spring for the pivot pin detent. look up the ziplock bag trick for that one.

here in Michigan, we have to register our pistols, under the guise of a "safety inspection." so when it's mentioned that an AR receiver is made as a pistol, sometimes that is the case. Also know that, once a rifle, always a rifle; the receiver can't be repurposed into a pistol (unless you make it an SBR, so that's a different story), so make sure whomever you get the stripped lower from, marks it as just a receiver.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright you bastards, I bought one. This place costs me a fortune.
SBA3 FDE kit
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I fent weeks ago

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Jesus....link?
View Quote
@jefflebowski

Out of stock now, but when I purchased it was $250 shipped.

8.5 PSA Blackout upper
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@jefflebowski

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-300aac-blackout-1-7-stainless-steel-2a-armament-7-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-516447611.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus....link?
@jefflebowski

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-300aac-blackout-1-7-stainless-steel-2a-armament-7-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-516447611.html
Thanks man and glad it’s out of stock, I think...
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
it's really not too hard, just take your time, especially with the spring for the pivot pin detent. look up the ziplock bag trick for that one.

here in Michigan, we have to register our pistols, under the guise of a "safety inspection." so when it's mentioned that an AR receiver is made as a pistol, sometimes that is the case. Also know that, once a rifle, always a rifle; the receiver can't be repurposed into a pistol (unless you make it an SBR, so that's a different story), so make sure whomever you get the stripped lower from, marks it as just a receiver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, do you need a stripped pistol lower for this kit?
it should be on the 4473 as a "receiver", not as a pistol or rifle

Thanks for the tips.

This is the reciever i purchased Link
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Phosphate gross
View Quote
I have a gas nitrider, I'll nitride it for $5 for you.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Fucking arfcom, always spending my money for me lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Bought one in grey this morning
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No such thing as an AR pistol
View Quote
What is the correct Fudd terminology for it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it means that this is an non-chromed, non-nitride treated bore. It is a bare steel bore.

This isn't the worst thing in the World. RRA barrels are unlined and many of those are holding up just fine after tens of thousands of rounds.

However, if you are asking yourself how PSA can offer this package so cheap, this is part of your answer.

I am sure this barrel will serve most people just fine. However, if you have your heart set on being "mil-spec" (chrome-lined) or having the wear resistance of Melonite/nitride treatment inside and out then this may not be the barrel you are looking for.
+1
To expound for folks trying to follow along....

Phosphate is a generic term for the metal finish also known as Parkerizing, which is commonly applied to carbon steel firearms parts and is the milspec finish for the steel parts of M16/M4 rifles.

Also in the description is the term "chrome-moly", which is a description of the type of steel used for the barrel. CM or CMV are the typical types of non-stainless steels used for firearms barrels.

What is significant is what is NOT there - the barrel is not "chrome lined", nor is it nitrided. (the nature of nitride is that it's both an external as well as bore finish for barrels, there is no way to apply it selectively). So you have a barrel where the bore is bare steel. Zillions of guns have been made that way, people just have to know and take appropriate action - ie, clean and oil the bore for storage.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Basically, just a fancy word for Parkerizing.
Used on steel parts for corrosion resistance - The aluminum parts are usually hard-anodized instead.
Yep, the two common parkerization processes are phosphating which is grey finish.  The other is with Manganese which is black.
Zinc Phosphate and Manganese Phosphate are both "phosphate". Parkerizing is a brand name for a phosphate finish.

It's not possible to Parkerize/phosphate finish aluminum. Also not possible to apply it to stainless steel.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Damn, I hope these sell out before I start drinking...
View Quote
Lol.  You cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Ordered one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck, guess I'll call them first thing Monday to see if they'll change it to the FDE one. Ordered the black one...didn't look to see what other ones (colors) they had. Will get painted anyway, so not that big of a deal.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck, guess I'll call them first thing Monday to see if they'll change it to the FDE one. Ordered the black one...didn't look to see what other ones (colors) they had. Will get painted anyway, so not that big of a deal.
View Quote
FDE wasn't listed when I order my Black SBA3 kit, the next day it was. When I called, PSA wouldn't just change the color for me. They did offer to cancel my order, then I could order FDE. Just didn't matter enough for me to do this...

Day after I called, my order shipped, delivering next week.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Built the second one just like this one for my son.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I had to get in on this action.  Perfect for a "truck gun" and while out on my little piece of land.

FYI- I have a non-chrome lined 16 inch.  It's a good shooter.  If you plan on putting enough lead downrange to burn out a non-CL barrel, then you own't have a problem spending a hundred or two to rebarrel the gun when needed.  You'll have a lot more in spent ammo.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Everybody realized that they are offering the exact same pistol kit deal in grey or FDE with phosphate and OD green or FDE with nitride barrels, right?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/pistol-kits.html
View Quote
Shakes fist, "dammit man, I thought I was out..."
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Phosphate gross
Very generous but I was trying to find a reason not to FO.

Between you and the guy posting a link to the same deal on nitride barrel I may be out some more money to the PSA pusherman

I'll also have to make note to hit you up in the future should I have any nitriding needs
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I too fent on the pistol kit, in black with a blade..
also bought one of the 16" complete uppers for a rifle lower I bought a few years ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm eyeballing the SBA3 kit and trying to resist.
View Quote
I grabbed one of those.  It's the perfect kit for my needs.  Adjustable brace?...Fuck yes!

I'm adding an 80% lower, MBUS, window mag, sling, QD Sling mount, and possibly a TRS-25.

Go for it!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I too fent on the pistol kit, in black with a blade..
also bought one of the 16" complete uppers for a rifle lower I bought a few years ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck this thread, fuck you all, I'm holding out until Christmas. NO.  NOOOOOO!
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fuck this thread, fuck you all, I'm holding out until Christmas. NO.  NOOOOOO!
View Quote
Receive email order confirmation yet?

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Was going to hold off on a lower, but what good is a kit without one

So for $300 (plus $15 for the lower transfer fee), you can get a complete pistol shipped. Already have a rear sight.
You know, these are great times we are living in.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#28]

If we're gonna do this, let's do it sexy people!

I got some msgs. The light mount is a Kerm Lock light mount.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought one and put it on my Poo flinging gremlin lower.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Receive email order confirmation yet?

View Quote
My email order confirmation was in my email "in" box within 60 seconds of hitting "submit" on the PSA order page.

Right now, contemplating ordering another kit in FDE ! ! !

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#31]
K i got one coming and i have an 80% lower im going to put it on.

So im thinking i dont want another black rifle.  But i need to paint the lower...

And im up north so i could pull off a white ar.  But Google pictures... Blah they all look like storm trooper rifles.

What do you guys think about razzle dazzle on an ar?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Everybody realized that they are offering the exact same pistol kit deal in grey or FDE with phosphate and OD green or FDE with nitride barrels, right?

View Quote
DAMMIT!!!! Ididn't see that...bought the black version.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:09:38 AM EDT
[#34]
I haven't kept up with the new laws recently, I can still own this in California right?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:07:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:46:46 AM EDT
[#36]
ordered one...for a cheap knock around pistol for the truck/ATV it will be perfect.  Ill spend a bit more on my 10.5 SBR
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't see it, either.  

I just sent a cancellation request on my first one and bought the FDE.  I've been wanting to try a nitride barrel and the MOE stuff makes it worth $20 extra.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I bought one and put it on my Poo flinging gremlin lower.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73787/49C3F832-20B3-4ECC-A24F-2DE867E9B51F-665789.JPG
View Quote
Is the BCG nitrided?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#39]
There are two nitrided kits at the same price.
Spend a little more and get the SBA3 stock. The blade sux.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#40]
BREAKING - Primary Arms 24 hour sale -

Anderson Manufacturing AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver - $29.99

NOTE: Limit 3 per household.

Get 'em while they're hot ! ! !

Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I didn't see it, either.  

I just sent a cancellation request on my first one and bought the FDE.  I've been wanting to try a nitride barrel and the MOE stuff makes it worth $20 extra.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't see it, either.  

It also comes with the enhance part kit (EPT), usually another $20 on top of that too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks man, updated the thread:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-270-AR-thread-for-Summer-/5-2047298/
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#43]
That's the same one I bought that I didn't need either. I already had an extra PSA lower sitting around, so I bought a DD fixed rear sight and I'm all set.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I have a Gremlin poo flinging lower and a Vortex Sparc II for this.  Will put a YHM Turbo or Rugged Razor on once they get out of jail.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sticking with 80%'s from here on. The days of the government knowing what I buy/build are long gone when it comes to AR's and pistols. And if the liberals keep up their shit I'll sell all the serialized AR's I do have and go 100%....80%.   You act like a child, I'll treat you like one!
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I hope more people are jumping on this.  I am showing people at church to show how inexpensive they can get an AR.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Fo’ed on the 8.5” .300blk pistol kit
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#48]

just noticed that they offered other colors.

Whats the turnaround on shipping for these things?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

just noticed that they offered other colors.

Whats the turnaround on shipping for these things?
View Quote
Yep, for the Shockwave there is black, FDE, olive drab, and gray.  The SBA3 is in black and FDE.  Some have nitrided barrels, some have phosphate.  There are 7.5 and 10.5" lengths, some have Magpul furniture, some have rails and others regular.  Some have enhanced parts kits.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#50]
I ordered the OD nitride set today.  That damn PSA meme is so true-to-life.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top