Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Damm these are salad days for sure.  A stripped lower and a BU rear sight and done.

Isn't Primary arms running a 24 hr sale on stripped lowers?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have a source for carry handles?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damm these are salad days for sure.  A stripped lower and a BU rear sight and done.
Isn't Primary arms running a 24 hr sale on stripped lowers?
View Quote
Yes, anderson lowers for $30, but they do charge s&h.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered one a couple weeks ago. I haven't even opened the box yet.
I have a spare lower sitting around, but I wanted something different and ordered a new one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd love to get one, but as long as I'm on NY there really isn't much point in blowing the money on it.

One of these days...
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone ever try a Chinese folder on one of these pistol kits?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Genuinely surprised no one has posted the PSA meme yet!
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Damn, I hope these sell out before I start drinking...
View Quote
X2
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#9]
How long does it usually take to receive it once you order?  Just ordered and impatient already
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How long does it usually take to receive it once you order?  Just ordered and impatient already
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
My last psa order took a little over a week for my lower to get to the ffl. Upper was at my door in less than a week.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I may buy a couple to part out
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wish they would do one of these pistol deals with the sba3 with an 8 " in .300 blackout. For a sweet price. And PSA if you see this please wait a couple months first for me to save up more cash.
View Quote
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-pistol-length-300aac-blackout-1-7-phosphate-7-m-lok-classic-sob-pistol-kit-5165449220.html
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks man and glad it’s out of stock, I think...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus....link?
@jefflebowski

Out of stock now, but when I purchased it was $250 shipped.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-300aac-blackout-1-7-stainless-steel-2a-armament-7-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-516447611.html
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-pistol-length-300aac-blackout-1-7-phosphate-7-m-lok-classic-sob-pistol-kit-5165449220.html
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote
I got my kit a week after ordering.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#16]
damn... I had to order one... I've had lower sitting around for quite some time, and this is kind of my dream configuration(definitely with the front site post).. even tho it's technically a pistol.

dead sexy piece of gear

thanks for posting.... bastards..
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.
Ordered 9/4. Packed up, label made on 9/6. UPS picked up 9/7. Scheduled to deliver 9/14.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus....link?
@jefflebowski

Out of stock now, but when I purchased it was $250 shipped.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-300aac-blackout-1-7-stainless-steel-2a-armament-7-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-516447611.html
Ordered on page 3. I caved.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I got one. Much more comfortable than my blades. Go ahead, get one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm eyeballing the SBA3 kit and trying to resist.
I got one. Much more comfortable than my blades. Go ahead, get one
I finally ordered my first AR (the PSA  $299 pistol special in 300 BO) two weeks ago. Really like the little booger, but that blade....get the new SB, for sure.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#20]
My girlfriend is always complaining that my AR’s are too heavy so for $260 I picked her up one of these lil blasters and threw the lower together. She likes the blade and it’s one of the lightest braces so it works out. Had a K2 grip, moe handguard, and a Matech rear sight laying around so it ended up being a neat lil gun

But more importantly at $250 I picked up 2 7.5” 300 blackout uppers

And one of these

And one of these

So I had to get another one of these

Remembered it was time for one of these

Sold a motorcycle I never used so PSA, SGammo, and brownells are taking all that extra money
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They ship nothin to Mass, absolutely  nothing. Screw psa
View Quote
You live in a hyper-restrictive, commie infested hinterland and PSA is the problem?  That is rich.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My girlfriend is always complaining that my AR’s are too heavy so for $260 I picked her up one of these lil blasters and threw the lower together. She likes the blade and it’s one of the lightest braces so it works out. Had a K2 grip, moe handguard, and a Matech rear sight laying around so it ended up being a neat lil gun

https://i.imgur.com/dT5m452.jpg

But more importantly at $250 I picked up 2 7.5” 300 blackout uppers
https://i.imgur.com/2kUOxFA.jpg

And one of these
https://i.imgur.com/9p2Nt0m.jpg

And one of these
https://i.imgur.com/AZEiF2S.jpg

So I had to get another one of these
https://i.imgur.com/QrzZErY.jpg
View Quote
Nice, and follows the rules too!
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/dT5m452.jpg
View Quote
Nice... and nice legs to if I may say so..
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Receive email order confirmation yet?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck this thread, fuck you all, I'm holding out until Christmas. NO.  NOOOOOO!

Love these little PSA digs. Ordered my 300bo pistol kit two weeks ago Sat. Confirmation email, then shipping notice on Monday. Package on my porch Thursday. LGS'd a stripped lower on Friday. "How to build an AR" Youtube videos on Friday night and I'm putting  60 rounds through my very first AR on Sat.

One week. Dirt cheap price and NO shipping charged on a heavy, metallic item.  If it took them a month for that cost, I would not care if it took a month.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm sticking with 80%'s from here on. The days of the government knowing what I buy/build are long gone when it comes to AR's and pistols. And if the liberals keep up their shit I'll sell all the serialized AR's I do have and go 100%....80%.   You act like a child, I'll treat you like one!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BREAKING - Primary Arms 24 hour sale -

Anderson Manufacturing AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver - $29.99

NOTE: Limit 3 per household.

Get 'em while they're hot ! ! !

I'm sticking with 80%'s from here on. The days of the government knowing what I buy/build are long gone when it comes to AR's and pistols. And if the liberals keep up their shit I'll sell all the serialized AR's I do have and go 100%....80%.   You act like a child, I'll treat you like one!
Umm you do know everything you do on the internet is tracked and cataloged. And all your credit card data is handed over also. The days of them knowing what you have are exactly the same. This isn't 1981 anymore hate to tell you guys.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Umm you do know everything you do on the internet is tracked and cataloged. And all your credit card data is handed over also. The days of them knowing what you have are exactly the same. This isn't 1981 anymore hate to tell you guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BREAKING - Primary Arms 24 hour sale -

Anderson Manufacturing AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver - $29.99

NOTE: Limit 3 per household.

Get 'em while they're hot ! ! !

The 80% lower orders likely get you on an extra, expedited list.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Is it bad that I like it?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.
Ordered the kit yesterday, then a stripped lower a little later. Got an email this morning saying the lower shipped....on a Sunday?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My last psa order took a little over a week for my lower to get to the ffl. Upper was at my door in less than a week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Love these little PSA digs. Ordered my 300bo pistol kit two weeks ago Sat. Confirmation email, then shipping notice on Monday. Package on my porch Thursday. LGS'd a stripped lower on Friday. "How to build an AR" Youtube videos on Friday night and I'm putting  60 rounds through my very first AR on Sat.

One week. Dirt cheap price and NO shipping charged on a heavy, metallic item.  If it took them a month for that cost, I would not care if it took a month.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck this thread, fuck you all, I'm holding out until Christmas. NO.  NOOOOOO!

it wasn't a dig at PSA for fuck sake....

Sheddy, was trying to hold off ordering. I simply asked if he had received order confirmation yet

Dozens of PSA orders here, sure a few took longer than others. Still, PSA has always delivered. My 9/4 order will deliver 9/14. it was shipped on 9/7.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
80% lowers are a gun owner's wet dream and a tyrant's nightmare.  Why do you think the libs/dems have such a hard-on for them??
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ordered the kit yesterday, then a stripped lower a little later. Got an email this morning saying the lower shipped....on a Sunday?
View Quote
Usually that just means the label was created, not that it's in the USPS/UPS' hands yet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#34]
HOW LOUD IS THE 10.5" BARREL?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Buddy of mine picked 1 of these up and got it last week.  For the price you cant really complain.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here is your answer.

Let me throw in my two cents worth based on my measuring experience. There is some good info in this thread and a little speculation. When we did our5.56 study a number of years ago cutting a 24" barrel an inch at a time down to 5 inches and measuring bore pressure at the moment of uncorking along with velocity, we also measured sound level at the reference location. The barrel was modified by welding up the operating gas port (to prevent cycling), and M855 military ammo was used. The bore pressure was an exponential curve increasing as barrel shortened from around 4800 psi at 24 inches to around 17,000 psi at 7 inches (25,000 psi at 5"). Velocity from 24 to 7" dropped from 2964 to 2204 fps and sound increased from 162.5 to 164.8 dB (A-weighting at the reference location) on that day. Allowing the gas to cycle the weapon generally will result in several dB increased sound, depending on the gas system (pistons are worse than DI).

To imply that a 16" barreled weapon will be comparable to a 7" with a can would imply that the can only does 1.5 dB or so, which is a pretty piss-poor waste of a tax stamp. In reality, the worst micro-556 can I have measured (9.5 dB reduction) would be an improvement over even a 24" barrel.

Short barrels are associated with higher pressures. Those of you who know me know that I an opposed to using 5.56 in barrels under 14.5 inches for a wide variety of reasons, including bullet stability, terminal ballistics, and range. I believe the purpose of a firearm is to kill or destroy something, not to just look cool. If maneuverability and a short barrel is the goal, there are better cartridges that can be adapted to the AR platform that were designed for short barrels (9mm, .300BLK, etc.). Rifle cartridges get their terminal effects from velocity, pistol cartridges from mass.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Speaking of this, anyone have one of the PSA 10.5" inch kits with their in house flash can?  vs the regular A2..
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Here is your answer.

Let me throw in my two cents worth based on my measuring experience. There is some good info in this thread and a little speculation. When we did our5.56 study a number of years ago cutting a 24" barrel an inch at a time down to 5 inches and measuring bore pressure at the moment of uncorking along with velocity, we also measured sound level at the reference location. The barrel was modified by welding up the operating gas port (to prevent cycling), and M855 military ammo was used. The bore pressure was an exponential curve increasing as barrel shortened from around 4800 psi at 24 inches to around 17,000 psi at 7 inches (25,000 psi at 5"). Velocity from 24 to 7" dropped from 2964 to 2204 fps and sound increased from 162.5 to 164.8 dB (A-weighting at the reference location) on that day. Allowing the gas to cycle the weapon generally will result in several dB increased sound, depending on the gas system (pistons are worse than DI).

To imply that a 16" barreled weapon will be comparable to a 7" with a can would imply that the can only does 1.5 dB or so, which is a pretty piss-poor waste of a tax stamp. In reality, the worst micro-556 can I have measured (9.5 dB reduction) would be an improvement over even a 24" barrel.

Short barrels are associated with higher pressures. Those of you who know me know that I an opposed to using 5.56 in barrels under 14.5 inches for a wide variety of reasons, including bullet stability, terminal ballistics, and range. I believe the purpose of a firearm is to kill or destroy something, not to just look cool. If maneuverability and a short barrel is the goal, there are better cartridges that can be adapted to the AR platform that were designed for short barrels (9mm, .300BLK, etc.). Rifle cartridges get their terminal effects from velocity, pistol cartridges from mass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2018 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I got some msgs. The light mount is a Kerm Lock light mount.
View Quote
I use one of these on a PSA 14.5 midlength upper, and I really like it. It's a great option for a low-frills upper. I had a small issue with using a stock Streamlight Rail Mount 1 on it, the thumbscrew sticks out a little far and rubs on the mount, but that's been the only hiccup.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is your answer.

https://jggunsmith.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/wrong-kiddo.jpg

This is per Dr. Dater of Gemtech and their testing.  Go to the link, his words.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is per Dr. Dater of Gemtech and their testing.  Go to the link, his words.
View Quote
Pretty sure he's focusing on the 'not to just look cool' tidbit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I believe the purpose of a firearm is to kill or destroy something, not to just look cool.
And I believe that implying short-barreled ARs are incapable of killing or destroying anything is retarded.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#43]
I am So tempted by this.  Academy is selling stripped Mossberg lowers for $65.  After I pay shipping/transfer fees it seems like an easy choice.  Anybody know anything about these?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Can the shockwave brace be extended? What would the over LOP be?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Can the shockwave brace be extended?
View Quote
It's fixed in place with a set screw - although you could replace the current screw with a thumbscrew to allow quick adjustment.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Can the shockwave brace be extended? What would the over LOP be?
View Quote
Yes. Loosen the set screw and move the brace back, the buffer tube has a bunch of dimples for the set screw to index on. Max LOP is 13 and 1/4". I keep mine set to about 12.5", this about equal to the third position out on a 6 position buffer tube...

You can get, an easily adjustable set screw for the blade on Ebay and other places, or, just use an Allen wrench...
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#47]
so if m193 is essentially 3050 fps out of a 16" barrel, what's the velocity out of a 10.5"?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
so if m193 is essentially 3050 fps out of a 16" barrel, what's the velocity out of a 10.5"?
View Quote
2600 or so. Really depends on who's M193 and your barrel...
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#49]
I must resist. I have a few lowers and a stack of 80%lowers at the house with some parts to build a mk18ish clone.

Damn that’s a smokin deal
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Is it sad that I want to order a 10.5 300AAC barrel to replace this one with already. And I dont even own any 300Blackout guns or ammo.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top