BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes. Loosen the set screw and move the brace back, the buffer tube has a bunch of dimples for the set screw to index on. Max LOP is 13 and 1/4". I keep mine set to about 12.5", this about equal to the third position out on a 6 position buffer tube...

You can get, an easily adjustable set screw for the blade on Ebay and other places, or, just use an Allen wrench...
View Quote
The set screw is a standard 5/16x18 bolt available almost anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes. Loosen the set screw and move the brace back, the buffer tube has a bunch of dimples for the set screw to index on. Max LOP is 13 and 1/4". I keep mine set to about 12.5", this about equal to the third position out on a 6 position buffer tube...

You can get, an easily adjustable set screw for the blade on Ebay and other places, or, just use an Allen wrench...
Or even better

Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Wanted A 10.5" since I sold my 7.5" a few years ago. Wasn't sure about a fixed front sight but at $250 I just placed an order. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Trying to downsize my AR pile that I've accumulated during our run of salad days.

Still bought one, because goddammit how can I say no to a $300 pistol.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I fent.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Ooh, nice!

Source?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#7]
For time frames on delivery:
Black kit ordered -  Saturday August 4, 2018 2:15:47 PM EDT
Black Kit delivered: Thursday,  08/16/2018 at 10:52 A.M

2044 Miles from West Columbia, SC to Gilbert, AZ.

Grey Kit Ordered - Sunday August 19, 2018 1:00:04 PM EDT
Grey Kit Delivered - Tuesday,  08/28/2018 at 4:52 P.M.

2044 Miles from West Columbia, SC to Gilbert, AZ.

Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#8]
How is the SOB brace?

I hope that PSA ships before the hurricane hits!
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ooh, nice!

Source?
View All Quotes
Source
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't modifying the brace then change it to an SBR?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone prolly wrote a letter already.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pretty sure he's focusing on the 'not to just look cool' tidbit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is per Dr. Dater of Gemtech and their testing.  Go to the link, his words.
Pretty sure he's focusing on the 'not to just look cool' tidbit.
Yup. I didn't bold the test numbers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. However. I wanted a thumb screw. Sure you can buy them all over the place as well, just in quantity's greater than I wanted much less needed. I would still have needed to point the end, simple enough but....

For $10 shipped, I had what I wanted.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Those of you who know me know that I an opposed to using 5.56 in barrels under 14.5 inches for a wide variety of reasons, including bullet stability, terminal ballistics, and range. I believe the purpose of a firearm is to kill or destroy something, not to just look cool.
View Quote
Better tell SOCOM that the past 17 or so years of killing bad guys with MK18 MOD 0’s and MOD 1’s using 10.3” barrels that they were only just looking cool and didn’t know anything about terminal ballistics.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#15]
My focus was answering the question as to the noise difference between shorter and longer barrels that Dr. Dater answered.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

it wasn't a dig at PSA for fuck sake....

Sheddy, was trying to hold off ordering. I simply asked if he had received order confirmation yet

Dozens of PSA orders here, sure a few took longer than others. Still, PSA has always delivered. My 9/4 order will deliver 9/14. it was shipped on 9/7.
View Quote
The longest PSA order I have ever had was for two or three 22 conversion mags, holiday rush during the first 0bama panic. In my hand 14 days after I ordered them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
HOW LOUD IS THE 10.5" BARREL?
View Quote
Obnoxious but not intolerable. In a way the concussion from muzzle blast is worse than the noise since it's 6-10" closer. Still not terrible.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:02:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Better tell SOCOM that the past 17 or so years of killing bad guys with MK18 MOD 0’s and MOD 1’s using 10.3” barrels that they were only just looking cool and didn’t know anything about terminal ballistics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those of you who know me know that I an opposed to using 5.56 in barrels under 14.5 inches for a wide variety of reasons, including bullet stability, terminal ballistics, and range. I believe the purpose of a firearm is to kill or destroy something, not to just look cool.
this is an interesting.

I was watching a discussion with Larry Vickers on Forgotten Weapons and he was saying in testing(some official military type I assume) that they had some problems with direct impingement system under 14" in certain extreme weather conditions... specifically there were instances where the bullet was leaving the barrel before the gas was reaching the gas port and it could cause a problem(with cycling I assume)... therefore they developed/adopted a pushrod assembly for 10-11" AR-type rifle.. I recognized the gun but can't remember the name... I'm sure you guys would know right what it was if you saw it.

Anyway he said shorty direct impingement was fine for personal use target, civilian stuff..  JFYI
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:16:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
No. It does not increase LOP, rear surface area, or impede in it's ability to be used as a brace. Adjustable LOP is fine, look at Shockwave 2.0, SBa3, and Tailhook Mod2.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:26:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Their phosphate shit works just fine.

Attachment Attached File

Do yourself a favor though and get the SBa3 over the Blade.

Attachment Attached File

This message has been approved by my cat and 5 beers.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:45:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425939/20180909_222322-667061.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425939/20180909_222539-667062.JPG

View Quote
Pretty sure 5 beers is too much for any cat. Might wannna check out a 12 step program for kitteh.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:46:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pretty sure 5 beers is too much for any cat. Might wannna check out a 12 step program for kitteh.
View Quote
She can hang
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
this is an interesting.

I was watching a discussion with Larry Vickers on Forgotten Weapons and he was saying in testing(some official military type I assume) that they had some problems with direct impingement system under 14" in certain extreme weather conditions... specifically there were instances where the bullet was leaving the barrel before the gas was reaching the gas port and it could cause a problem(with cycling I assume)... therefore they developed/adopted a pushrod assembly for 10-11" AR-type rifle.. I recognized the gun but can't remember the name... I'm sure you guys would know right what it was if you saw it.

Anyway he said shorty direct impingement was fine for personal use target, civilian stuff..  JFYI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
this is an interesting.

Maybe in the real early stages 10-11” DI’s had some issues. Read through the Block II and MK18 threads and you’ll see most of the SOF guys are running CQBR’s with 10.3” barrels and either an elcan or EXPS3-0. I don’t think they’d be the predominant SOF rifle if they weren’t reliable. The key is 0.07 gas port or even slightly larger, H buffer, and quality ammo.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:10:08 AM EDT
[#25]
ok, so I was looking for sites and I just stumbled onto this and bought it... $119 seems like a good price from looking around.. these pretty decent kit?

SIG SAUER ROMEO5 1X20MM RED DOT SIGHT, BLACK

I gotta stay off that site now..
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
ok, so I was looking for sites and I just stumbled onto this and bought it... $119 seems like a good price from looking around.. these pretty decent kit?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x370/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/2/52574_1.jpg

I gotta stay off that site now..
View Quote
Mine was a piece of shit. They seem to be liked though.

PSA just got me for a $139 shipped can of 420 LC 855 like 5 mins ago lol.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:23:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425939/20180909_222322-667061.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425939/20180909_222539-667062.JPG

View Quote
what's the rear site you have on the top one?... you happy with it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:37:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Its the UTG rear @MRW posted earlier in the thread. There's a lot of us over in tech who are very impressed with them.

I have a few and they've been g2g

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:47:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Its the UTG rear @MRW posted earlier in the thread. There's a lot of us over in tech who are very impressed with them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425939/20180909_233711-667076.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks... I think I saw that on Amazon and it was affordable and a brand I'd never heard of so was quationable.

I really like that beefy style of fixed rear site.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:49:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Those cloners in the tech areas cost me more money than GD. PEQ’s and shit are $$$
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:50:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

thanks... I think I saw that on Amazon and it was affordable and a brand I'd never heard of so was quationable.

I really like that beefy style of fixed rear site.
View Quote
No problem. Yeah that cut down carry handle look is awesome IMO.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:53:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Those cloners in the tech areas cost me more money than GD. PEQ’s and shit are $$$
View Quote
This site is a damn money pit. Easily costs me several K per year.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#33]
So this SKS showed up at my local fun shop this weekend.  I immediately thought of this thread.

I am amazed you can buy a decent AR for less than an SKS these days.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#34]
My pistol kit is expected Wednesday.

Thanks PSA!
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Between PSA and the Walmart Clearance thread, I'm gonna go broke saving so much money.
This site has probably cost me $25,000.

Wife asked the other day.....

Wife: What's in the boxes on the front porch?
Me: Some stuff from Palmetto.
W: I thought we agreed no more purchases until the truck is paid off.
Me: Yeah, but it was on sale.  I saved hundreds.

That's when I realized I was fucked.  She gave me that look that I give her when she's out shopping and comes home with a bunch of shit that was 'on sale'.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Between PSA and the Walmart Clearance thread, I'm gonna go broke saving so much money.
This site has probably cost me $25,000.

Wife asked the other day.....

Wife: What's in the boxes on the front porch?
Me: Some stuff from Palmetto.
W: I thought we agreed no more purchases until the truck is paid off.
Me: Yeah, but it was on sale.  I saved hundreds.

That's when I realized I was fucked.  She gave me that look that I give her when she's out shopping and comes home with a bunch of shit that was 'on sale'.
View Quote
Lol

When my pistol kit arrived I showed it to the wife. She said that it looked just like the other pistol. She then wanted to know why I would buy something I already had.

I told her the same thing. It was on sale.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Kay, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hornady says 200 fps for their 75 grain tap load out of a 10.5" barrel vs. a 16" barrel.  That's less than 10%.  Little to no effect on terminal performance, especially inside 50-100 yards.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Nice lady at PSA just cancelled the kit in black and I reordered in FDE.

Wife and I were at the gun store Saturday and I was looking at the Ruger PC9, and there was a guy with an AR pistol next to us at the counter. Wife says go ahead and buy the PC9, and I just looked down and said I shouldn't right now. Wife asks why...i just pointed at the dude next to us and said cause I just bought a pistol like that one. She's like reeaallly, all I could say was it was a great deal LOL.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Got mine, then after that they listed the MOE version for $20 more

Oh well, got it to keep in the 4Runner, so no biggie.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Decided to go with a green kit.  This really is too good of a deal to pass up.

I'll just do a simple CAR build like i always wanted.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Might have done it if it had chrome bore.  I am not so great abount cleaning every time I shoot.  So ill never own another non lined bore
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Might have done it if it had chrome bore.  I am not so great abount cleaning every time I shoot.  So ill never own another non lined bore
View Quote
Nitride bore on some of those kits. I prefer nitride instead of chrome.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This site is a damn money pit. Easily costs me several K per year.
View Quote
That's the beauty of living in NY. You can't own most of the cool stuff.

Saves me a ton of money!

Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#45]
I got the shipping email this morning. If UPS does their part, I'll have it thursday.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#46]
So PSA is charging me a $16 cancellation fee even though I sent a cancellation request this weekend on the first kit ordered.  They said it was because their email team was backed up from orders this weekend.  I don't agree that I should be on the hook for that, but we'll have to see if a supervisor agrees.  

A little upsetting considering how much money I've spent with them over the years...

ETA: Moot point.  PSA Supervisor agreed and removed the charges.  Thanks, PSA!  Still a very loyal customer.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They ship nothin to Mass, absolutely  nothing. Screw psa
View Quote
Drive north to FREEDOM for the afternoon. !!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So PSA is charging me a $16 cancellation fee even though I sent a cancellation request this weekend on the first kit ordered.  They said it was because their email team was backed up from orders this weekend.  I don't agree that I should be on the hook for that, but we'll have to see if a supervisor agrees.  

A little upsetting considering how much money I've spent with them over the years...
View Quote
Ask Josiah in their industry form. I bet he'll take care of you.

@PalmettoStateArmory
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Orders placed with Palmetto State Armory may be cancelled by the customer prior to the item having shipped. All cancellation requests must be made through the Customer Service Department at 803-724-6950, Monday through Friday, 9am - 6pm EST. You MUST provide the order number when contacting Customer Service via phone or email.
You should start a PSA has lost a customer thread, you gremlin, you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#50]
If I could have a firearm at my office I would have one of these in my filing cabinet with a 50rnd drum. Locked after hours of course.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top