BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At first glance, those charts are surprising. But then think about the state of all democracies right now. Australia has gone to outright tyranny. America just had a fraudulent election result and is now living in a post-democracy era. Western Europe has no freedom of speech, no military might, and grovels at China's feet. What sterling example of democracy should Russians be aspiring to? Every democracy in the world is in the process of being corrupted, subdued and subjugated.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
People who shit on the USA haven’t lived other places.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Unbelievable times we are living in.

Putin Warns Wokeness Is Destroying The West: It Happened In Russia, It’s Evil, It Destroys Values

Russian President Vladimir Putin slammed during a speech on Thursday the far-left woke ideology that he said is causing societal ills throughout the Western world, saying that it is no different than what happened in Russia during the 1917 revolution.

Putin made the remarks during a plenary session of the 18th annual meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club in Sochi where the topic was “Global Shake-up in the 21st Century.” Putin’s remarks were translated by an interpreter and that video was uploaded to the Russian government’s website.

“We see with bemusement the paralysis unfolding in countries that have grown accustomed to viewing themselves as the flagships of progress,” Putin said during an event where he spoke for a few hours. “Of course, it’s none of our business or what is happening, the social and cultural shocks that are happening in some countries in the Western countries, some believe that aggressive blotting out of whole pages of your own history, the affirmative action in the interest of minorities, and the requirement to renounce the traditional interpretation of such basic values as mother, father, family, and the distinction between sexes are a milestone … a renewal of society.”

Putin said that Western nations had a right to do whatever they wanted to do but that “the overwhelming majority of Russian society” rejected these new ways of thinking.

“The preparedness of the so called social progress believe that the bringing a new conscience, a new consciousness to humanity, something that is more correct,” Putin said. “But there is one thing I would like to say: The recipes they come up with are nothing new. Paradoxical as it may seem, but this is something we saw in Russia. It happened in our country before after the 1917 revolution, the Bolsheviks followed the dogmas of Marx and Engels. And they also declared that they would go into change the traditional lifestyle, the political, the economic lifestyle, as well as the very notion of morality, the basic principles for a healthy society. They were trying to destroy age and century long values, revisiting the relationship between the people, they were encouraging informing on one’s own beloved, and families. It was hailed as the march of progress. And it was very popular across the world and it was supported by many, as we see, it is happening right now.”

His being right about that doesn't really change the situation. For him, the woke movement is a convenient scapegoat.  But pointing out the flaws and excesses of western decadence is nothing new to Kremlin strategic messaging.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Russia is also a corrupt authoritarian shithole run by the mob.
View Quote

What is a mob in that sense but an organization which makes no lines of demarcation between the coercive work of governance and the free interaction of private economic agents?

This is the norm for the world. The dividing and restricting of these into their respective and proper realms is one of the great victories of civilization, and one which we disregard and grow complacent of at our own peril.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Page 11, and still in before the poll.

The US will (almost certainly) be a better place to live than Russia, be it next week, in 10 years, or in 30 years.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
-Russia is run by a corrupt oligarchy.
-The United States is run by a corrupt oligarchy.

Russia will be the better place for free men a generation hence, because:
-Russia is much more rural, and has nowhere near the transportation and surveillance infrastructure that plagues the US.
-Russian bureaucracy is less efficient, and apparently more bribeable.
-Russian restrictions on firearms ownership will likely be no different than those in America in a generation. They are ignored there, as they will be here.
-Russia will never be overrun by Mexicans and their ilk.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
-Russia is run by a corrupt oligarchy.
-The United States is run by a corrupt oligarchy.

Russia will be the better place for free men a generation hence, because:
-Russia is much more rural, and has nowhere near the transportation and surveillance infrastructure that plagues the US.
-Russian bureaucracy is less efficient, and apparently more bribeable.
-Russian restrictions on firearms ownership will likely be no different than those in America in a generation. They are ignored there, as they will be here.
-Russia will never be overrun by Mexicans and their ilk.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2021 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Dang, can't believe I missed this thread...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Russian-AR-15s/118-760573/
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Keepin this thread alive.

Stayin´ Alive (metal cover by Leo Moracchioli)
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#10]
@jekbrown

OP, how are things looking long term? Is the US falling into the abyss? How are things in Russia? We need an azimuth check on our trajectory.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#11]
The US. Russia is Moscow and a bunch of 3rd world country.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Starlink is going to change a lot of things.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Starlink is going to change a lot of things.
View Quote

How so? Sorry, but us simple people need a bit of a more expanded explanation. What does this mean?

@Skillshot
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#14]
How is this even a question? I don't even want to leave (travel out of)the US if I don't have to. Fuck everywhere but the United States.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How is this even a question? I don't even want to leave (travel out of)the US if I don't have to. Fuck everywhere but the United States.
View Quote

Fair enough. What bothered you about Russia when you visited?

@xylo
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@jekbrown

OP, how are things looking long term? Is the US falling into the abyss? How are things in Russia? We need an azimuth check on our trajectory.
View Quote

As one might imagine, it's a mixed bag. On the pandemic response front Russia was doing MUCH better than the USA from a freedom perspective. Until their most recent spike in cases, there were no mandates AFAIK, and limited shut downs. They haven't allowed big US pharma companies in with their vaccines, which is pretty smart. Still, even with the recent surge, mandates are very limited in scope and they have about half the vax rate as the US, partly because there's much less coercion. They've offered paid time off to get it, rather than threatening to take people's jobs, for example.

Gun control in Russia got worse, no doubt about that. Biden would love to follow suit, but his razor thin majorities on The Hill and other priorities make that unlikely unless they try to tuck it in a bill that "has to be passed". The import ban in Russian ammo is itself gun control, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bidet tried to sneak in some more "executive actions" after the midterms.

Outside of that, in a general sense, the US still has the pedal to the floor, driving as fast as possible towards tyranny / insolvency. Our spending has become full clown world and at long last it's starting to really hurt the citizenry (inflation yo). Meanwhile the Russians seem to be just muddling along as they have since things sort of stabilized in the post Soviet aftermath on an incredibly slow but generally upwards trajectory, with occasional set backs.

Before anyone says anything dumb, no, I don't want to move to Russia, ever. I never want to deal with language barriers,.lol. I don't think in 9 more years Russia will be a utopia of any kind. I do still think it's possible that the US will crater enough to drop below Russia on the 'unofficial jekbrown freedom index", however. A good % of the population thinks Australia is on to something with their camps. That's the kind of cratering I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The US. Russia is Moscow and a bunch of 3rd world country.
View Quote

Here's a video of Izhevsk, Russia, the 20th most populous city in Russia.  It doesn't look 3rd world to me.  The time lapse shows improvements over the last 10 years while Russia has been under sanctions and the Ruble collapsed.  It's comparable in population to Louisville, KY.(If you don't think that comparison is fair because L'ville is a shithole, US cities in the same pop. range include Portland, Detroit, Memphis, Milwaukee, Baltimore, Vegas, and Albuquerque.)

?????? (Izhevsk) 2010 - 2021. ???? - ?????. ????? 1
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@xylo
View Quote

We both know you're not getting a response

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Here's a video of Izhevsk, Russia, the 20th most populous city in Russia.  It doesn't look 3rd world to me.  The time lapse shows improvements over the last 10 years while Russia has been under sanctions and the Ruble collapsed.  It's comparable in population to Louisville, KY.(If you don't think that comparison is fair because L'ville is a shithole, US cities in the same pop. range include Portland, Detroit, Memphis, Milwaukee, Baltimore, Vegas, and Albuquerque.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzuhe8a_ltA
View Quote

Wow, that's a great video! And it matches with what I have witnessed in Russia. The mid-size cities have experienced an incredible revival in the past 15 or 20 years. Certainly not perfect, but they have made great strides.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@xylo

We both know you're not getting a response

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

Yeah, well you never know. I thought I'd give him a chance to share more.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Thread made it to 2022!!

@jekbrown
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Which ever country supports Israel and is anti Fag.
View Quote

Gonna be pretty hard to tick both of those boxes at once

I say this as someone who isn't butthurt about Israel and has no fucks left to give the woke brigades.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#23]
OP, have you ever to Russia?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

OP said on the first page that he has never been there:

Quoted:
No, but I haven't been to most places in the US either. Part of the point of the thread is to get some info about the place, I was hoping some people that HAD been there would post up. Don't mean the big cities, I mean rural Russia/Siberia.

@dnguyen747
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
People who shit on the USA haven’t lived other places.
View Quote

"Other places" are coming in here through our unsecured S border & cashing in on us to serve govt & corporate special interests. 21st century democracy "FTW", or something.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#26]
This is one that needs to keep going. All 10 years to July 2030! I hope when we get to 10 that every person in the site is like "man, the OP sure was wrong on this one!" Never wanted to be more wrong about something...but I fear that the left's march to dictatorship here can't be stopped at this point without shooting, and I have my doubts that a second revolution will happen.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is one that needs to keep going. All 10 years to July 2030! I hope when we get to 10 that every person in the site is like "man, the OP sure was wrong on this one!" Never wanted to be more wrong about something...but I fear that the left's march to dictatorship here can't be stopped at this point without shooting, and I have my doubts that a second revolution will happen.
View Quote

Will any of us not be banned by 2030?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#28]

OP, any updates? What I read on arfcom doesn't make me hopeful.

@jekbrown
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Seems like a good time to revive this thread considering how much Russia has been in the news lately!
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Seems GD has tons of folks who like living in Russia.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a good time to revive this thread considering how much Russia has been in the news lately!

Which Russian city are you moving to?

@Cincinnatus
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some of them do already.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Russia wouldn't tolerate a bunch of American immigrants. We'd be viewed the same way we look at the muslim immigrant trains in Europe. We'd get treated far worse too.
View Quote

I’m an Orthodox Christian so they would like me
We would even  commune together.

But i hate commies so I am dying in USA or its colony (PR)
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I’m an Orthodox Christian so they would like me
We would even  commune together.

But i hate commies so I am dying in USA or its colony (PR)
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This came up in the big riot thread, and like 99% of Americans I scoffed at this at first...but at this point, I actually think it's not unimaginable that we could get to a point, in a decade or less, where it's a legit question. I'm not saying "let's compare 2020 Russia vs 2020 USA". For the sake of argument, what we're going to do is imagine a world where 2030 Russia remains largely the same as it is now, but here in the US democrats take over in DC after the 2020 election. They hold the WH, the House, and they take a very slight majority in the Senate with Biden's VP being a tie breaker. Let's further stipulate that the left focuses HARD on banning guns at the federal level. Think about the effort they made on Obamacare. Same deal here, complete with the same kind of jacked up behind the scenes arm twisting and "we have to vote on it before you can see what's in it" treachery that Pelosi/Reid/Obama used before. Due to that effort, they manage to get gun control passed, with the new laws being somewhat similar to the UK. Imports are as locked down as Germany. Outside of that, other changes in the US are incremental...which is to say more government control, more gov spending, more debt, more social programs etc. than we currently have in 2020 USA.

IF that were to happen, would you rather live in Russia or the USA? Some things that might influence the decision:

1) Russia has a flat 13% income tax
2) Russia has less SJW bullshit
3) In Russia people are taught to love their country. A lot of it may be propaganda, but by and large people DO.
4) In Russia they have ASSLOADS of rural land. There's places in Russia where you can buy thousands of acres for under $100,000.
5) Large swaths of the media is state controlled there...but then again what's the difference between that and the gleefully-willing alliance between the American media and the DNC?
6) If you talk smack about Putin, you mind get in trouble. On the other hand, in the US if you say something as simple as "all lives matter" you might lose your job, your business, your house and/or your life...and that's in 2020. It's almost certain to get worse by 2030.
7) By 2030 Starlink will give you fast internet everywhere in the world, including BFE Siberia.

I'm not saying I'm moving to Russia. I'm a Texan now and I'll lead a second TX Revolution to leave the US before I move to Russia...I'm just saying that this is a sign of just how fucked up our 'direction' is right now where this could even be a question. If you disagree, please do so with factual reasons why you'd rather live here and with the criteria of the scenario in mind. We're not talking about Stalin's USSR or 1975 USSR...or even 2020 Russia. Every country has done bad shit at one time or another. I'm talking purely about what is entirely plausible over the the next decade.
View Quote

Anyone who thinks Russia needs to move there now.  How the fuck is this even a serious topic?
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This came up in the big riot thread, and like 99% of Americans I scoffed at this at first...but at this point, I actually think it's not unimaginable that we could get to a point, in a decade or less, where it's a legit question. I'm not saying "let's compare 2020 Russia vs 2020 USA". For the sake of argument, what we're going to do is imagine a world where 2030 Russia remains largely the same as it is now, but here in the US democrats take over in DC after the 2020 election. They hold the WH, the House, and they take a very slight majority in the Senate with Biden's VP being a tie breaker. Let's further stipulate that the left focuses HARD on banning guns at the federal level. Think about the effort they made on Obamacare. Same deal here, complete with the same kind of jacked up behind the scenes arm twisting and "we have to vote on it before you can see what's in it" treachery that Pelosi/Reid/Obama used before. Due to that effort, they manage to get gun control passed, with the new laws being somewhat similar to the UK. Imports are as locked down as Germany. Outside of that, other changes in the US are incremental...which is to say more government control, more gov spending, more debt, more social programs etc. than we currently have in 2020 USA.

IF that were to happen, would you rather live in Russia or the USA? Some things that might influence the decision:

3) In Russia people are taught to love their country. A lot of it may be propaganda, but by and large people DO.
4) In Russia they have ASSLOADS of rural land. There's places in Russia where you can buy thousands of acres for under $100,000.
5) Large swaths of the media is state controlled there...but then again what's the difference between that and the gleefully-willing alliance between the American media and the DNC?
6) If you talk smack about Putin, you mind get in trouble. On the other hand, in the US if you say something as simple as "all lives matter" you might lose your job, your business, your house and/or your life...and that's in 2020. It's almost certain to get worse by 2030.
7) By 2030 Starlink will give you fast internet everywhere in the world, including BFE Siberia.

I'm not saying I'm moving to Russia. I'm a Texan now and I'll lead a second TX Revolution to leave the US before I move to Russia...I'm just saying that this is a sign of just how fucked up our 'direction' is right now where this could even be a question. If you disagree, please do so with factual reasons why you'd rather live here and with the criteria of the scenario in mind. We're not talking about Stalin's USSR or 1975 USSR...or even 2020 Russia. Every country has done bad shit at one time or another. I'm talking purely about what is entirely plausible over the the next decade.
View Quote

If we look at Russia's numbers such as population growth and economy growth, whoever came up with this must be smoking something really good.

However, cannot say, under the current trend, that the US will be much better.

However, at the risk of flames, I'd venture to say that countries like Brazil have a good chance to be close, or at the top, if their leadership manage to keep the left at bay.

Brazil has general elections this year.  Let's see if the left will be able to commit blatant fraud there as it did here.

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Look at that, support for socialism is at an all-time high in Russia...

https://i.imgur.com/AjzlYOF.png
View Quote

Who issued those?  Some here will also tell you that socialism is the preferred regime of the majority of Americans.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I would go wherever biden is not in charge.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Is it time to post this again?

I think it's time to post this again.

I really need to go in and properly add Koenigsberg.

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Some of you guys are gonna have a tough next 8 years,you’ve got your work cut out for you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Call outs aren’t allowed so I’m going to keep bumping this.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Hello? Hellllllllooooooooo?

Are you guys all hiding out in Putin’s bunker with him?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hello? Hellllllllooooooooo?

Are you guys all hiding out in Putin’s bunker with him?
View Quote

They're buying up Rubles at bargain prices.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#46]
If Russia nails Putin and kills every communist right now it will become the #1 supper power within 10 years.

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If Russia nails Putin and kills every communist right now it will become the #1 supper power within 10 years.

View Quote

Yes, you can spend 70 years killing off your best and brightest but in only 10 years rebound with change of political system.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wisconsin will always hold that title.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

With what? Sausage? Dumplings? Sauerkraut? Kinda doubt they'll make number 1 bro.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top