BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 1:12:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

While much can be said about the bureaucracy that requires environmental impact studies and all manner of red tape and regulations stifling construction there is another side to things and that is why things miraculously thrown up overnight  are pretty shit beneath the paint.
View Quote

That's a mighty broad statement. The Pentagon was built in about a year and a half and it seems to have stood the test of time.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Not enough years for Russia to get their infrastructure built up and corruption reduced.  I assure you Putin is worse than Biden.  Putin is smarter and healthier, but also more evil.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's a mighty broad statement. The Pentagon was built in about a year and a half and it seems to have stood the test of time.
View Quote

Never mind the 17 year long, $4.5 billion renovation it took to keep it usable.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see a post like that and I as myself, "has that guy ever even worked in the building?"

Looks pretty in some parts, no doubt.

Link Posted: 3/21/2021 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Way things are going, we will be Prussia before long anyway. Why move, if the grass is greener for you?
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I see a post like that and I as myself, "has that guy ever even worked in the building?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I worked there for 2.5 years in the 90's prior to the renovation,  thankyouverymuch! And my job took me all over the building. It was older but still not bad at all. The electrical wasn't built for the computer age but it still sufficed. We need to stop thinking that federal buildings should be opulent. When the dollar crashes hopefully we will relearn how to distinguish necessities from wasteful spending.

@Bohr_Adam
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#7]
If I couldn't own guns here, yeah I'd be building a cabin in Siberia.
What people fail to realize is that the way the US is going, is based on the people in it. We're fucked
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I worked there for 2.5 years in the 90's prior to the renovation,  thankyouverymuch! And my job took me all over the building. It was older but still not bad at all. The electrical wasn't built for the computer age but it still sufficed. We need to stop thinking that federal buildings should be opulent. When the dollar crashes hopefully we will relearn how to distinguish necessities from wasteful spending.

@Bohr_Adam
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bohr_Adam

It's not so much about opulence as functionality.

The plumbing and HVAC alone has been a nightmare. It was built too quickly, without many practical considerations related to security, maintenance, and adaptability.

Plumbing isn't opulence unless maybe you're Russian.

Speaking of Russians...

Let's keep this thread alive!

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-trash-streamiing-dark-dares-pranks-lucrative-livestream-youtube/31123624.html?fbclid=IwAR0gljgL-rx8L8Z3p48hBQVsHdTf_0i3O5CQz1xP3aP3Ix8O89RXjGrdsvY
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not enough years for Russia to get their infrastructure built up and corruption reduced.  I assure you Putin is worse than Biden.  Putin is smarter and healthier, but also more evil.
View Quote

Putin is a Nationalist.  He wants a strong Russia.  

Biden is a globalist.  He wants a weak America.

While I can’t say who is more evil, Putin FTMFW.

If Putin was smart, he’d take our constitution since we’re not using it, implement freedom and sit back and watch the wealth come in.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Putin is a Nationalist.  He wants a strong Russia.  

Biden is a globalist.  He wants a weak America.

While I can’t say who is more evil, Putin FTMFW.

If Putin was smart, he’d take our constitution since we’re not using it, implement freedom and sit back and watch the wealth come in.
View Quote

Corruption is a huge ingrained part of the culture. It's gotten much better but still has a ways to go. Also plenty of young Russians have gotten the same entitlement syndrome that we have going on in our culture.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:20:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Anybody started pricing houses in Moscow?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:31:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
4) In Russia they have ASSLOADS of rural land. There's places in Russia where you can buy thousands of acres for under $100,000.
View Quote

Link?

Can I bring over some deer and turkeys?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:55:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Picked up a whole basket of dandelions and prepared jam with honey. Asmr Triggers
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:13:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I will stick it out here. I would rather stay and die an American, ymmv.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:15:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Nowhere is safe from what plagues America.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:38:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Russia seems great.
. . . just don't drive.
. . . or go near any roads.
the chance of sudden instant death is about 85%.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Anybody remember the Sochi Winter Olympics a few years ago? I think that’s a clue how things are ran over there. Hard to say what that would extrapolate out to in the future. No way to know.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:58:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Comparing the USA to Russia in the future will be like comparing solid dogshit to diarrhea dogshit if things keep going the way they are.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 2:09:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Comparing the USA to Russia in the future will be like comparing solid dogshit to diarrhea dogshit if things keep going the way they are.
View Quote

You have such a way with words! You're a poet, aren't you?

@PhatForrest
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Call of faith: The story of American Orthodox Christian priest that moved to Russia
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Too soon for this thread to die....
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#22]
It's been revealed that President Trump ordered all the troops home from Afghanistan, Syria, and Germany and the military deep state said no. We don't live in a free country and our leaders hate us.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's been revealed that President Trump ordered all the troops home from Afghanistan, Syria, and Germany and the military deep state said no. We don't live in a free country and our leaders hate us.
View Quote

@KingRat

Link? Don't doubt it's true, just would like to read more details.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@KingRat

View Quote
https://www.axios.com/off-the-rails-trump-military-withdraw-afghanistan-5717012a-d55d-4819-a79f-805d5eb3c6e2.html
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

@KingRat

https://www.axios.com/off-the-rails-trump-military-withdraw-afghanistan-5717012a-d55d-4819-a79f-805d5eb3c6e2.html

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Anybody got any fresh insights?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Not really a “fresh” insight; but Russia is way more tyrannical/corrupt than the U.S and will be for the foreseeable (i.e. until after I die) future.  It can be much more free than the U.S. in some locales due to much less efficiency of the government in monitoring your compliance (generally due to bad bureaucracy issues/corruption).  You’re not really “free” though, you’re just not caught due to shitty government/easy bribes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#28]
It's fucking amazing how well Russian propaganda is working on Americans with below average IQs.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm thinking I am gonna pass on Russia OP.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Any of you Putin lovers moved yet?
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#31]
ummmm, people REALLY want to live in russia?  Go ahead.......
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's fucking amazing how well Russian propaganda is working on Americans with below average IQs.
View Quote

There are a good amount of 'tards who want to suck down the baby gravy of Russia's midget warlord.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#33]
The grass is always greener on the other side. And it's green from all the polonium.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#34]
It's crazy to see so many Americans falling for the "strongman" bullshit like we're living in some third-world petty dictatorship.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

One account has posted countless times about how Putin has greatly improved Russia’s gun laws. He/she cannot be reasoned with by explaining that their firearms laws make even New York’s seems lenient.

Some watch YouTube videos of idyllic simple,country living and are under the impression that this is something most Russians aspire to and are indeed capable of. It is made even more laughable that there is absolutely nothing at all stopping them from buying rural property,leaving the grid and having as much to do with laws passed in Washington as a rural Russian has with laws passed in Moscow.

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It is made even more laughable that there is absolutely nothing at all stopping them from buying rural property,leaving the grid and having as much to do with laws passed in Washington as a rural Russian has with laws passed in Moscow.

View Quote
Tell that to Randy Weaver or the Branch Davidians.

We have a standing army in D.C. propping up a globalist junta. People are being arrested for memes they posted two elections ago. People are currently imprisoned and being beaten senseless for having attended a political rally. Children are being castrated against their parents wishes. We have trannie pedos openly working in our government. But, yeah, Russia is bad because of the Cold War that ended 30 years ago caused by a revolution financed and carried out by mostly non-Russian foreigners.

I talk to folks in Russia every day. Some natives, some expat Americans who left to escape the globohomo tyranny. None of the Americans would dream of coming back.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We have a standing army in D.C. propping up a globalist junta. People are being arrested for memes they posted two elections ago. People are currently imprisoned and being beaten senseless for having attended a political rally. Children are being castrated against their parents wishes. We have trannie pedos openly working in our government. But, yeah, Russia is bad because of the Cold War that ended 30 years ago caused by a revolution financed and carried out by mostly non-Russian foreigners.

I talk to folks in Russia every day. Some natives, some expat Americans who left to escape the globohomo tyranny. None of the Americans would dream of coming back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is made even more laughable that there is absolutely nothing at all stopping them from buying rural property,leaving the grid and having as much to do with laws passed in Washington as a rural Russian has with laws passed in Moscow.

I'd love to hear more on your take on the end of the Cold War.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

???????
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:38:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

???????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

???????

??????, ???????? ?????????????.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

??????, ???????? ?????????????.
View Quote

??, ?????? ??????? ???? ?? ?????? ?????????.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's crazy to see so many Americans falling for the "strongman" bullshit like we're living in some third-world petty dictatorship.
View Quote

We aren’t? Could have fooled me. Okay, maybe not quite a third world dictatorship, but certainly a second world oligarchy in steep decline.

I’d argue that Russian has more honest elections than us, and that’s saying something.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We aren’t? Could have fooled me. Okay, maybe not quite a third world dictatorship, but certainly a second world oligarchy in steep decline.

I’d argue that Russian has more honest elections than us, and that’s saying something.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There are a good amount of 'tards who want to suck down the baby gravy of Russia's midget warlord.
View Quote

This is one of the most disgusting things about this place. So many people, even supposed heterosexuals, are absolutely obsessed with gay stuff. I don't care what gay people do in privacy, but why do so many people feel compelled to make disgusting graphic comments like this. It seems like there's a significant portion of the US population that walks around with this crap on their mind all day because they make comments like this no matter what is being discussed.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is one of the most disgusting things about this place. So many people, even supposed heterosexuals, are absolutely obsessed with gay stuff. I don't care what gay people do in privacy, but why do so many people feel compelled to make disgusting graphic comments like this. It seems like there's a significant portion of the US population that walks around with this crap on their mind all day because they make comments like this no matter what is being discussed.
View Quote

It's a great trick because any time you show interest in another male or want to compliment or emulate him you can be accused of being gay and because of the prevalence and acceptance of gay people you either have to accept being gay and thus lose status but no one will say that out loud because that would make you homophobic, or you then have to repudiate whatever it is and they get to control you.

Any masculine culture or men's club is gay so men getting together is only for sex, never for what men did in gentleman's clubs (not the strip show kind) for thousands of years.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#45]
A guy walking around Stavropol Russia, a city of 400,000 in the south-west of the country.

??? ???????? ??????? ? ??????. ????????? ?????? 2021! ??????? ? ????, «?????» ?? ?????????????!

A noticeable lack of diversity, homeless, crackheads, and garbage on the ground.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Russia will not get better, and American might
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#48]
They did a good job on their recruiting video. Turn closed captioning on to see the lyrics...

??????? ????????? – ???????
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

One account has posted countless times about how Putin has greatly improved Russia’s gun laws. He/she cannot be reasoned with by explaining that their firearms laws make even New York’s seems lenient.

Some watch YouTube videos of idyllic simple,country living and are under the impression that this is something most Russians aspire to and are indeed capable of. It is made even more laughable that there is absolutely nothing at all stopping them from buying rural property,leaving the grid and having as much to do with laws passed in Washington as a rural Russian has with laws passed in Moscow.

View Quote

Alright, under an American in decline scenario and Russia partnering with China to deny the US as much access or pressure on Europe as it has in the past, what is going to happen? Will Germany and France unify the core EU member states to force the continuous America 2.0 EU plan on the rest of Europe? Will Poland and Estonia and Hungary and the Balkans put aside their nationalisms and form a core group far stronger and more united than the Visegrad group to push back?

I can understand both skepticism, disgust, and hostility to Russia for someone from Estonia. But what's the outcome of a decline of America's ability to project power and put its thumb on the scale over there? Estonia and other former satellites simply aren't powerful enough to keep Russia from going USSR again, and I don't see any likely competitors, but maybe you can fill in with more relevant local knowledge.

Many Americans see the world as America/China/Germany/Russia/Japan as possible world leaders and really nowhere else. Given America's relative decline, China's rise (and fear of such) and Japan... really not giving a shit about anything not Japanese or in Japanese interests, it makes sense people would look to Russia as a savior or place to strike bargains or create an ally. Obviously this would be catastrophic for Estonia, but aside from thing continuing how they are, what will stop Russia from doing so? They managed to conquer half of Europe after becoming Communist and only after having a tremendous amount of their military destroyed by Hitler so it makes sense from a limited American historical perspective to look to them as an heir of champion of non-chinese or globalist interests. Though obviously they have some close ties with China most Americans aren't very aware of.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ah yes, I see the Putin lovers are here.
View Quote

I’m no Putin lover, I just realize that Biden and his puppet masters are a MUCH greater threat to me, my liberty, my beliefs, and my money.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top