Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I am reading this thread for the first time, and I am just going to say it. I act real retarded on this forum sometimes... but this shit is full retarded and you all who want to go to Russia deserve it. Idiots.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Mexico
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Russian stock market is booming.  Seriously, after the 12 mos. Of Covid only outer space still has a bloom.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Costa Rica is pretty nice I hear.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, I'll answer honestly.  The US.  We have a great infrastructure of communication and transportation, a great health care system only about 10% of the government corruption and 10% of the organized crime.   Russia has a GDP about the same size as Wal-Mart.  10 years is not enough to reverse all of that.  There are documentaries where you can see inside russia.  Also youtube "bald and bankrupt" travels around russia a lot.  take a look.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Russia will always be a drunken, corrupt shitshow.

And corrupt means “want a driver’s license? Pay off the guy to even get an appointment this year, unless your cousin works at the DMV.”

That’s daily life and the amount of fail is inconceivable to people who have never lived abroad, in Eastern Europe or in the 3rd world.

Americans who seriously see Russia as some sort of blonde Christian traditionalist ethnostate need to stop sucking at the RT tit. 70+ years of Communism destroyed any remnants of morality in practice, and what the Russians are pushing is to serve their own goals and national interests, not ours.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#7]
im betting better chance of scoring an above average american wife in russia via mail order in 10 years
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Russia will always be a drunken, corrupt shitshow.

And corrupt means “want a driver’s license? Pay off the guy to even get an appointment this year, unless your cousin works at the DMV.”

That’s daily life and the amount of fail is inconceivable to people who have never lived abroad, in Eastern Europe or in the 3rd world.

Americans who seriously see Russia as some sort of blonde Christian traditionalist ethnostate need to stop sucking at the RT tit. 70+ years of Communism destroyed any remnants of morality in practice, and what the Russians are pushing is to serve their own goals and national interests, not ours.
View Quote

A deep survey into the implementation of Communist policies in Yugoslavia, the USSR, China, North Korea and Vietnam shows certain consistencies, but also a good deal of inconsistencies. The latter reflect a reality that Communism is as much influenced by the culture as it as an influencer on the culture. And, in Russia's case, many things people blame on Communism were present long before, and will not be going anywhere anytime soon.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Poland.
View Quote

This is the correct answer with the possible addition of Hungary.

Russia? LOL

Aside from basically the mob running the country they are awash in Muslims and have an absolute shitty climate.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am reading this thread for the first time, and I am just going to say it. I act real retarded on this forum sometimes... but this shit is full retarded and you all who want to go to Russia deserve it. Idiots.
View Quote

Do you know how I know you didn't actually read the OP?

BTW, one thing is for certain, we can all cross "rigged elections" off the list of why the USA is better than Russia...cause I'm pretty sure that Putin would actually win a legit election in Russia. Maybe it's stupid, but a lot of Russiansn seem to like a strong man type leader. Not Stalin Gulags for everyone 'strong', but yeah. Biden winning in the USA? No fucking way, and yet...
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:Americans who seriously see Russia as some sort of blonde Christian traditionalist ethnostate need to stop sucking at the RT tit.
View Quote

A blonde Christian straw man?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#12]
If we don't find a way to keep Beijing Biden from stealing the election then this thread might become a reality.

Who still has hope that President Trump will pull this off?
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 3:23:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Kangaroo courts from top to bottom and rigged elections that will only get worse. With that "system" in place we'll keep checking boxes until this is reality, unless some force stops the slide, it's happening folks. Viva la Revolution!
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 3:27:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 3:53:50 AM EDT
[#15]
With the Liberals that we have now, 98% of us would be dead.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:25:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
With the Liberals that we have now, 98% of us would be dead.
View Quote

I don't know about 98%, but I'm sure they'd kill as many as possible.

It's like we're Jews living in Germany shortly before WWII. We see what's happening but don't want to believe it might get worse.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#17]
What is it Like Living as an American in Russia? - Hal Freeman
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Thanks! He broke that interview into 5 small vids. In one of them, he says there's a Facebook group for people interested in moving to Russia.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#19]
American Redoubt.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Thanks for posting. Sounds horrible!
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
American Redoubt.
View Quote

Those states are now overrun with liberals. Maybe you could switch to North Dakota? Never been there but it doesn't seem like a likely destination for people from the coasts.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I had a good friend go there after the fall of the wall, he lived there in the early to mid 90’s. He was involved with telecommunications and was part of their infrastructure rebuilding. He told me all phone lines regardless if you were calling next door or across the world went through Moscow first. He was part of the telecommunications rebuilding. He did say there are lots of amazingly beautiful and available women there. He loved the country but said he could never live there. Granted this was decades ago, but he said the dreary colors of everything not organic, and restrictions of what you could and could not do were simply to much. He did say there were high security warehouses in the middle of nowhere, and were rumored to be stocked full of AK’s, RPG’s, DShK’s and other armaments to be used in times of invasion or insurrection. It would interesting to see if their still there?
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This I’m surprised this thread is still going. Even with our problems your quality of life will be orders of magnitude better than in Russia.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Which ever country supports Israel and is anti Fag.
View Quote

I don't understand this level of love for Israel.

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.

It's all a cycle and Russia and the United States are at 180 degrees difference in those above sentences.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This I’m surprised this thread is still going. Even with our problems your quality of life will be orders of magnitude better than in Russia.
View Quote

I agree that wages are generally dismal in Russia.

But is quality of life really the deciding factor? If our economy collapsed worse than the Great Depression would that make you possibly reconsider where to live?
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times.

It's all a cycle and Russia and the United States are at 180 degrees difference in those above sentences.
View Quote

I can already see a big change coming in Russia. The Russian kids I know of are noticeably softer and more entitled than their parents and grandparents. I don't know if it's because they have it so much easier than their parents or if it's because of Western influence. It seems that social media turbocharges societal change. And usually not for the better. But maybe I just feel this way because I'm getting old.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, free elections is already crossed off the list of 'why the US is better than Russia'. After the last few days, I think we can go ahead and cross 'freedom of speech' and 'freedom of the press' off the list as well. It won't be long before Russia ranks higher on the freedom index. Honestly, the 2A is about the only major Right that is more respected here, and that's about to be gutted sooo, yeah, maybe it won't even take 10 years for this inversion.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The US.

The best possible weather in Russia is like Canada, and there's no other draw.

View Quote

Are you counting Crimea? It's de facto Russia again, and sorta like the Carolinas, maybe less humid... just a Great Value version. And Sochi is a bit like Virginia as climate goes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Biden is really trying to destroy us. There's no telling where the US will be in ten years. I think the political revolution we are currently undergoing is of the same scale as the Russian Revolution. I suppose the US will come to its senses eventually and recover but who knows if we will be alive by then.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:The US.

The best possible weather in Russia is like Canada, and there's no other draw.
View Quote

Warm weather doesn't make living under tyranny feel any better.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well, free elections is already crossed off the list of 'why the US is better than Russia'. After the last few days, I think we can go ahead and cross 'freedom of speech' and 'freedom of the press' off the list as well. It won't be long before Russia ranks higher on the freedom index. Honestly, the 2A is about the only major Right that is more respected here, and that's about to be gutted sooo, yeah, maybe it won't even take 10 years for this inversion.
View Quote

If you’re on the right side, you have better 2A rights in Russia.  You can have fucking RPGs if you’re on the right side.  The problem is tomorrow you might wake up on the wrong side and not even know it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If you’re on the right side, you have better 2A rights in Russia.  You can have fucking RPGs if you’re on the right side.  The problem is tomorrow you might wake up on the wrong side and not even know it.
View Quote

Are you suggesting that all Russians aren't equal under the law? That sounds familiar...
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#35]
9.5 years to go
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
9.5 years to go
View Quote

I hope this thread ages horribly, believe me. If it doesn't, we're in real trouble (or Russia has made a legit great leap forward!).
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:54:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Time for an update!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:11:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dumbest fucking thread of the day and that’s saying something because tirod posted today.
View Quote

Not really. I enjoy firsthand accounts from people who have actually been there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:16:42 AM EDT
[#39]
I know that at least Russia will be Russian. I'm not sure if America is still itself even now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:21:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Cool. Now just change the gun laws.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Some more videos of changes in Russian cities.  The latest videos are of Moscow before and after from 20 years ago and today.  These are mostly outlying areas, not downtown or major government sectors.

??? ?????????? ?????? ?? 20 ???? (????? 1)

Part 2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeddNRMSsvk
Part 3https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhFrq3IMoo8
Part 4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbcB-3hT9Kw

Sadly, a lot of the before pictures minus the roads looks like the urban decay I see in a lot of US cities.  Maybe it's regional but it seems every large city in the midwest is a shithole with liberal democrats running them into the ground.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I dunno about the rest of their economy, but the construction trades HAVE to be doing pretty good these days. Man, if Russia ever got rid of their cronyism and went all-in on individual liberty they would fucking dominate. Basically infinity land and infinity resources. Add in a bunch of freedom and they'd rule the world.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#43]
This fucking retarded thread is still alive?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's actually getting more relevant every day, unfortunately. I hope that in the 10 years this is the biggest laugher of a thread in the history of arfcom, but it sure as hell isn't trending well right now.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:44:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's actually getting more relevant every day, unfortunately. I hope that in the 10 years this is the biggest laugher of a thread in the history of arfcom, but it sure as hell isn't trending well right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're basing this on what, exactly?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-politics-opposition-idUSKBN2B50AP

https://www.reuters.com/article/russia-politics-social-media-fines/russia-sues-google-facebook-twitter-for-not-deleting-protest-content-ifax-idUSL8N2L72HR

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 4:05:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Poland.
View Quote
I was born there. All my family except my parents and sister still live in Poland. It is slowly beginning to slide down the leftist slope.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#47]
The new Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Russian Armed Forces. Completed in 18 months. It takes years here just to build a road.

????????????? ???????? ????? ?? ?? ?????????

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Their leftists just use different methods. I'm basing it on the fact that the democrats just stole a national election for President, Russia has a superior tax system, they are pretty much the anti-woke, and culturally they are making a lot of effort to be pro-family while in the US it's under constant institutionalized and social assault. We can't do anything constructive without a trillion permits and a 5 year wait and a zillion environmental impact studies while the Russians just build shit. Sure, there's corruption in that process, but at least they can get shit done while we twiddle our thumbs waiting for an equally corrupt but much slower process to play out.

The US is clearly not 'behind' Russia yet, and that was never the point of the thread, but it's pretty obvious to me that we are trending rapidly down the ladder of freedom while Russia seems to be pretty much staying the same / slowly creeping in the right direction. It's a slow fucking creep, but at least they aren't falling off a cliff. Meanwhile in the US. It is possible that they will surpass us in 'freedom' in the next 10 years. Will it happen? Who knows, but it could and people need to wake up to that so we can, hopefully, avoid it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Their leftists just use different methods. I'm basing it on the fact that the democrats just stole a national election for President, Russia has a superior tax system, they are pretty much the anti-woke, and culturally they are making a lot of effort to be pro-family while in the US it's under constant institutionalized and social assault. We can't do anything constructive without a trillion permits and a 5 year wait and a zillion environmental impact studies while the Russians just build shit. Sure, there's corruption in that process, but at least they can get shit done while we twiddle our thumbs waiting for an equally corrupt but much slower process to play out.

The US is clearly not 'behind' Russia yet, and that was never the point of the thread, but it's pretty obvious to me that we are trending rapidly down the ladder of freedom while Russia seems to be pretty much staying the same / slowly creeping in the right direction. It's a slow fucking creep, but at least they aren't falling off a cliff. Meanwhile in the US. It is possible that they will surpass us in 'freedom' in the next 10 years. Will it happen? Who knows, but it could and people need to wake up to that so we can, hopefully, avoid it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's pretty obvious to me you have a hardon for strongman leaders and their propaganda and no amount of reality will ever throw enough cold water on it to soften.

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The new Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Russian Armed Forces. Completed in 18 months. It takes years here just to build a road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_lDNvwTx6Q

View Quote

While much can be said about the bureaucracy that requires environmental impact studies and all manner of red tape and regulations stifling construction there is another side to things and that is why things miraculously thrown up overnight  are pretty shit beneath the paint.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top