Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Better than American Sniper or Lone Survivor. Been wanting to see it again but I think Hillary put the cabosh on it.
View Quote
It came out this morning on digital release and 7th for hardcopy

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Do not fear, this movie is due out in August.  I dare you to try and make it through the trailer.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/28/11530736/southside-with-you-trailer-michelle-barack-obama-romance
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Haven't bought a blu ray disc in years but will definitely buy this one!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Better than American Sniper or Lone Survivor. Been wanting to see it again but I think Hillary put the cabosh on it.
View Quote

Good thing she is as incompetent as stopping movie releases as she is in politics.

Movie came out today for download.  June 7 for blu ray.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:11:26 AM EDT
[#5]
great movie, might not as good as band of brothers or Saving Private Ryan,  but its up there

ahhh.... the life of a scumbag contractor...  scary how real the dynamic is between the Gov and contractors
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I will be buying a copy and donating it to my local public library.

I encourage all ARFCOMERS to do the same.

Let everyone see it!
View Quote

what the fuck is a public library?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Alright. Gonna HD rent it tonight. I'll buy a Blu Ray probably too.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do not fear, this movie is due out in August.  I dare you to try and make it through the trailer.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/28/11530736/southside-with-you-trailer-michelle-barack-obama-romance
View Quote

All I had to do was see the text in the link. Did not click, and I hope it flops.

As for 13 hours, I'm definitely getting the Blu-Ray and am tempted to get the digital copy today. I wish I would have seen it a second time in theaters.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, I've been waiting to see it again. Can't seem to find it via any unscrupulous websites.  I will definitely get the blu ray.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Saw this in the theater when it came out a few months ago and have been waiting to watch again at home.  I have ATT Uverse and Amazon Prime, no sign of it.  I asked a friend who has Netflix, and he says it hasn't shown up there either.  (Even Star Wars, which was released well after 13 Hours, is available for streaming now.)

My theory is hillary has put the kibosh on this movie being released for streaming before the election.  Same thing happened 10 years ago with Path to 911, which ABC aired once, I believe, and subsequently the DVD rights were withdrawn because of some less than flattering incidents regarding bubba and his failure to target obl.  

Anybody heard about 13 Hours becoming available?
View Quote

eta, others have posted the release date..

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Jesus Christ this movie is intense! I'm not even half way though it yet...
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Oh come on, she meant they didn't lose anyone important. What difference does it make anyway?

John Krasinski did a great job in that movie, totally completely different from Jim on The Office. I almost didnt watch it since I thought that was a bad casting decision, but he nailed it. Great movie.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One of my favorite movies ever.

I hope Trump hammers the bitch over the head with this until she strokes out on stage or gags on her own bile.

"Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton committed her second gaffe in as many days on the campaign trail Monday night, claiming that the U.S. "didn't lose a single person" in Libya during her time as secretary of state."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/15/clinton-commits-benghazi-gaffe-saying-us-didnt-lose-single-person-in-libya.html

Oh my fucking God

Oh come on, she meant they didn't lose anyone important. What difference does it make anyway?

John Krasinski did a great job in that movie, totally completely different from Jim on The Office. I almost didnt watch it since I thought that was a bad casting decision, but he nailed it. Great movie.
Fuck HRC

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I have not seen it yet.  I guess I should pick up the book first.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I watched it last night.  WOW!  I kept catching my self being tensed up, fist clenched.  Very tense.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I watched it last night.  WOW!  I kept catching my self being tensed up, fist clenched.  Very tense.
View Quote

My jaw is hurting right now. And I need to go to bed...
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Watched it free online yesterday
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good for you! I don't mind supporting a movie like this with my $$.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:01:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Saw it twice. In the theater. I never do that.

It's a great fucking movie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was looking forward to seeing this didnt hear it was in theaters, did you like it? Ill have to check my local theatre.

Saw it twice. In the theater. I never do that.

It's a great fucking movie.

Same here.

Saw it with my wife, then took the kids the next day.

ETA: will be doing the amazon thing sometime this weekend, and buying the disc when available.

Do what's necessary to support the message.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Haven't seen it yet.  What do your liberal friends say about Benghazi?  Mine know something isn't right, but seem to want to defend regardless.  I worked with an Egyptian that happens to work with the Libyan Embassy and his information and suggestions are highly anti-Clinton.   As a devout Muzzy and foreign national he is completely baffled that by the American apathy.  He goes on to call to it murder, not negligence.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I bought it on HD digital download and have watched it twice now. Very good movie.

Quoted:
Haven't seen it yet.  What do your liberal friends say about Benghazi?  Mine know something isn't right, but seem to want to defend regardless.  I worked with an Egyptian that happens to work with the Libyan Embassy and his information and suggestions are highly anti-Clinton.   As a devout Muzzy and foreign national he is completely baffled that by the American apathy.  He goes on to call to it murder, not negligence.
View Quote

All about that media spin.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Amazon says June 7...wasn't hard to search for.

http://www.amazon.com/13-Hours-Secret-Soldiers-Benghazi/dp/B018IDVB5S
View Quote

it's already available for purchase via amazon instant video

http://amzn.com/B01AIW6QKW
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Finally.. been waiting for this to show up online for months now.  It took way longer than usual.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not me...Fuck Hollywood..it's not like they are donating the proceeds to the families of the fallen heroes form this movie.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#25]
As I said, good for you!
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Looking forward to the threads next year where we discount their actions, pick them apart and call them cowards/ liars and call their integrity into question.

Do they have any awards we can say they don't rate?

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#28]
This movie is pretty intense. I wasn't voting for H. Clinton anyways, but if you supported her and watched this movie and still supported her after. You are definitely an unpatriotic shitbag.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#29]
It is on a pirate web site for streaming <edit  -40xb>, seems safe enough to use.

Also, any idea what happened to the CIA guy 'Bob' who delayed the team from responding to the ambassadors residence?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Looking forward to the threads next year where we discount their actions, pick them apart and call them cowards/ liars and call their integrity into question.

Do they have any awards we can say they don't rate?

View Quote

This. Always people looking to tear down others instead of fix their own house or do something that matters.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm anxious for it to be released also. It only ran for a short time at the local theater and I missed it by a couple of days. It wasn't playing at a theater in any of the surrounding communities at the time.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've heard it's a Shit cam version. I don't seek out such things personally
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me PUT it this way, it could be in a LOCKER somewhere....  .IS that good enough?

I've heard it's a Shit cam version. I don't seek out such things personally

I've heard there is a HD version much better than the cam version.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#33]
watched it on Amazon last night
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Jesus Christ this movie is intense! I'm not even half way though it yet...
View Quote

Yeah, I watched it last night as background noise while I was trying to get some work done .... no work was done.

I couldn't take my eyes off the TV.

That's fucking rare for me. With movies I usually have the attention span of a squirrel. "OH! Shiny! Get it!"
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:09:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Probably the best movie of the year.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not me...Fuck Hollywood..it's not like they are donating the proceeds to the families of the fallen heroes form this movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just fucking dumb.

When movies like this make a LOT of money, they make more movies like this. That's called the demand/supply curve.

My 4 year old knows this basic economic theory better than you, apparently.

We should be supporting the folks in Hollywood that are critical of the inaction of our government when American lives are being threatened or taken.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Finally.. been waiting for this to show up online for months now.  It took way longer than usual.
View Quote

Your John Krasinski jack-fest will happen soon enough.

I suggest 'The Office' reruns until 7 June.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Man, I've been waiting to see it again. Can't seem to find it via any unscrupulous websites.  I will definitely get the blu ray.
View Quote

You're not looking hard enough, or in the right places.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Good movie. Until watching the movie I didn't realize that Tyrone Woods RIP was a part of the security force at the CIA annex. For some reason I thought he was killed at the Embassy and part of Ambassador Stevens team.

For those that have read the book does the movie miss anything?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It didn't even come to the theaters in my liberal neck of the libtard woods.

View Quote

Sorry to hear that I had to buy tickets 2 days in advance to the latest show to get in up here.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Saw it twice in the theaters and bought the movie on iTunes.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good movie. Until watching the movie I didn't realize that Tyrone Woods RIP was a part of the security force at the CIA annex. For some reason I thought he was killed at the Embassy and part of Ambassador Stevens team.

View Quote

Haven't read the book but to my knowledge, the only inconsistency is the opposing force numbers were greater in the movie, which is usually the case.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#44]
<Removed  -40xb>
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Watched last night; its a great movie. One of the best modern combat movies I've seen; they really keep the suspense up there the whole movie.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but its just not the same without the operator beard
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

The movie doesn't really miss anything. It does combine some minor characters, and the movie embellished on what the CIA was doing in Benghazi prior to the attack. At least 90% of the movie was straight out of the book. Even a lot of the dialogue.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#48]
A small band of warriors held off overwhelming odds while the US government let them twist in the wind. If not for their valiant efforts every one of those CIA remfs would have been dead meat.

Why weren't they given help when they requested it?

Somebody needs to be held accountable.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This movie is pretty intense. I wasn't voting for H. Clinton anyways, but if you supported her and watched this movie and still supported her after. You are definitely an unpatriotic shitbag.
View Quote

Clinton supporters couldn't give one fuck.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A small band of warriors held off overwhelming odds while the US government let them twist in the wind. If not for their valiant efforts every one of those CIA remfs would have been dead meat.

Why weren't they given help when they requested it?

Somebody needs to be held accountable.
View Quote

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top