Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/15/2020 11:58:00 AM EDT
So there seems to be some info missing from this story, but if you combine several sources you can get a clear picture.

The TLDR: 15-year-old goes to private Christian school. School thinks she's gay because she likes rainbows, which Mom denies. The 15-year-old shows up on Facebook wearing a rainbow shirt and having rainbow cake for her birthday. They expel her for lifestyle violations outside of school.

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/01/14/rainbow-shirt-cake-lifestyle-violation-student-expelled-private-school/

https://www.towleroad.com/2020/01/rainbow-cake/

https://www.wthr.com/article/rainbow-shirt-and-cake-gets-student-expelled-private-school-lifestyle-violation

According to WAVE3, the school's code of conduct does address sexual orientation and says if a student’s off-campus behavior isn’t in line with the school’s beliefs they can be disciplined. But Kayla's mom wants to know how the shirt brought them to such a conclusion.

Alford said the school refuses to meet with her, but they've agreed to change the expulsion to a voluntary withdrawal, so it's not on Kayla's record.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#1]
ok...and?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Disgusting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Punishment by Christians over a rainbow is some irony
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ok...and?
View Quote
Imagine the outrage on GD if someone was expelled because they were on social media shooting a gun.

Oh wait, we don't have to: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Student-Expelled-For-Posing-With-AR-15/5-2089136/?page=1
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Somebody baked that cake!

Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Well their school their rules I guess. Honestly she’s probably better of going to a academic only private school. I went to private Christian school from preschool to six grade and it made me super skeptical of religion and it’s followers in general.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The other “lifestyle violations” included getting caught with Juul pods
View Quote
Aka vaping.

I'll go out on a limb and say there's a lot more to this story than what is being told in the news article trying to smear the school.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#8]
That is so gay.

The school, not that little girl.

That really pisses me off.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#9]
ZFG.  Next.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#10]
The fact that this is being promoted as national news makes me suspicious.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Rainbows in real life are actually pretty cool.  If she likes rainbows more power to her when I see them I think the light being separated out like it is looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Aka vaping.

I'll go out on a limb and say there's a lot more to this story than what is being told in the news article trying to smear the school.
View Quote
Thou shalt not vape until thine age is twenty and one years, so sayeth the Lord.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Imagine the outrage on GD if someone was expelled because they were on social media shooting a gun.

Oh wait, we don't have to: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Student-Expelled-For-Posing-With-AR-15/5-2089136/?page=1
View Quote
Shooting a gun and being a Christian of that denomination are not mutual exclusive, being a homosexual and a member of that denomination are.

I would say this case has more in common with people making the "ok" sign with their hands and getting fired because something has been allegedly co-opted by a movement.

I'd say get more mad at people who made rainbows a gay thing, than the people that overreact to it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#14]
So rainbows are exclusively gay now?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

Genesis 9

I guess the church is saying gay pride trumps the bible?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Seems rather retarded on the surface. I'm pretty sure I would be looking for a different school as I probably don't want to send my kid there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#17]
She's 15 and still obsessed with rainbows?

Either way that's a dumb reason to expell a kid. It's not like she listens to K-pop or is a rockabilly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Aka vaping.

View Quote
Get out of here with your common sense.

Private school. They make the rules.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Shooting a gun and being a Christian of that denomination are not mutual exclusive, being a homosexual and a member of that denomination are.

I would say this case has more in common with people making the "ok" sign with their hands and getting fired because something has been allegedly co-opted by a movement.
View Quote
But she's not a homosexual. Mom specifically states this.

The school is pissed off because they associate rainbows with LGBT politics.

I wonder what Noah would say about rainbows.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bongino rule in effect...
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#21]
It’s a private institution that her parents (and likely her) signed a code of conduct to attend. I’m sure there is more to the story than what we’re seeing, but I gots 0 fucks to give on this one.

And P.S.-

Fuck religion.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#22]
The gay rainbow is different from the Christian rainbow, God's promise not to flood the earth again, she appears to be championing the gay version.  Their school, their rules, go somewhere else and seek attention.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Aka vaping.

View Quote
Nailed it.   Parts of the story that didn't fit the "bash religion" narrative have been omitted, you know, for brevity.

But don't let that stop any of the anti-religion zealots here from their ill-informed bash fest!
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Punishment by Christians over a rainbow is some irony
View Quote
I understand the reference, but it is the LGBTWTFBBQ community which hijacked the symbol and is now so ingrained in the public that no one understands the original meaning.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The gay rainbow is different from the Christian rainbow, God's promise not to flood the earth again, she appears to be championing the gay version.  Their school, their rules, go somewhere else and seek attention.
View Quote
The gay version has 6 colors. Her shirt has 4 colors. Her cake, which she didn't bake or design, has 6 represented 10 times in the wrong order.

So how did you conclude she's "championing the gay version"?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I understand the reference, but it is the LGBTWTFBBQ community which hijacked the symbol and is now so ingrained in the public that no one understands the original meaning.
View Quote
Not all rainbows are gay rainbows. Just like not all red hats are MAGA hats.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Rainbows in real life are actually pretty cool.  If she likes rainbows more power to her when I see them I think the light being separated out like it is looks pretty cool.
View Quote
Lowkey kinda mad that gays stole the rainbow from us.

Come to think of it, they stole the word gay too. Pre 1950-1960 or so it had a whole different connotation. The rainbow was swiped in the 80s sometime.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But all red hats are associated with Trump nowadays, just like all rainbows (to the casual observer) are linked with homosexuality.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
How can you tell the difference?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#30]
FFS
Theres more to this im sure
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, I'm thinking there's more to this. I'd like to see that letter.

Jacobson, Whitefield Academy's head of school, told The Courier Journal that the expulsion came after "two years of continuous violations of our student code of conduct."

"Inaccurate media reports are circling stating that the student in question was expelled from our school solely for a social media post," the school said in a statement. "In fact, she has unfortunately violated our student code of conduct numerous times over the past two years."

The school added that, ""Whitefield Academy is accredited by ACSI/AdvancEd and a member of the Non Public School Commission of Kentucky, and therefore we meet all Kentucky regulations and laws.  Our code of conduct is on pare with other private Christian schools in our area.  It is unfortunate that one of the student's parents chose to post internal family matters on social media, and we hope our former student is not adversely affected by what her parents chose to make public about her situation."
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Good, they did her a favor.

She’ll be better off going to a normal school anyway.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Regardless of other violations, linking the expulsion to the rainbows is fucking retarded. I like how the school sent out the letter of expulsion referencing a face to face conversation rather than putting the alleged offences in writing. Seems like they knew they were opening up a can of worms and didn't want a paper trail.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

NAILED IT
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Thats a good lookin cake!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#37]
More outage and gobbling up fake news.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
What makes it national news? The local news sources reporting on it, or the spread via social media such as arfcom?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#39]
That's a new one

Kayla just understands the frequency spectrum
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Youth wants attention.

Youth gets attention.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#42]
A young girl likes rainbows, well that's certainly abnormal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What's a "normal school"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gd/
Public schools are liberal indoctrination camps
/Gd

Also

Gd/
Go to a normal school
/Gd
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Wait till she admits to liking unicorns.

They will drown her.

If she survives she is a witch,  if she dies she was not.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Somewhere in this cluster there is a life lesson for that young lady.  Hopefully, the social media extremists don't ruin her life.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Could just be parents (or parent) trying to get paid....
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A young girl likes rainbows, well that's certainly abnormal.
View Quote
A poster lacks context. That’s certainly abnormal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#48]
ITT we see how misinformation is spread about by people who are to lazy and/or illiterate to read a news article and decipher there is much more to this story then the news is letting on especially since modern-day journalism is all about spreading facts and not pushing an agenda.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
yup
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One that doesn't get bent out of shape over rainbows?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top