User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Reactionary
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
My bet is they know she's a lesbian and this was the only "proof" they had so they ran with it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm thinking there's more to this. I'd like to see that letter.
View Quote
Sounds like she's been trying to be an edgy bitch for a while and the shit caught up to her, now she's an innocent victim who's been wronged just for liking rainbows.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What makes it national news? The local news sources reporting on it, or the spread via social media such as arfcom?
View Quote
I've seen this story being promoted under either "top stories" or "editor's picks" at the web sites of several out-of-area news stations. wbay (Wisconsin) and kmov (Missouri) to name a couple
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What's a "normal school"?
View Quote
The kind where teachers fuck the kids and fill them with marxist propaganda while parents take a completely hands-off approach.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gd/
Public schools are liberal indoctrination camps
/Gd

Also

Gd/
Go to a normal school
/Gd
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, they did her a favor.

She’ll be better off going to a normal school anyway.
Gd/
/Gd

Also

Gd/
Go to a normal school
/Gd
There are private options that aren’t Christian

There are also Christian schools that don’t expel students for wearing a rainbow shirt.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
But she's not a homosexual. Mom specifically states this.

The school is pissed off because they associate rainbows with LGBT politics.

I wonder what Noah would say about rainbows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shooting a gun and being a Christian of that denomination are not mutual exclusive, being a homosexual and a member of that denomination are.

I would say this case has more in common with people making the "ok" sign with their hands and getting fired because something has been allegedly co-opted by a movement.
But she's not a homosexual. Mom specifically states this.

The school is pissed off because they associate rainbows with LGBT politics.

I wonder what Noah would say about rainbows.
Mom doesn't know shit about her 15yr old daughters sexual activity.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ITT we see how misinformation is spread about by people who are to lazy and/or illiterate to read a news article and decipher there is much more to this story then the news is letting on especially since modern-day journalism is all about spreading facts and not pushing an agenda.
View Quote
Then they should have expelled her for those reasons.

But to use a rainbow shirt and cake as the straw to break the camels back? Lol.

Thats like saying "You robbed six banks and shot four people, and we just gave you diversion. But then you ran a stop sign, and for that we're sentencing you to life in prison."

How the fuck is wearing a rainbow shirt even a violation to fucking begin with?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The kind where teachers fuck the kids and fill them with marxist propaganda while parents take a completely hands-off approach.
View Quote
Need pics to determine guilt.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Seems rather retarded on the surface. I'm pretty sure I would be looking for a different school as I probably don't want to send my kid there.
View Quote
Yup. Something tells me the family was essentially trolling this school until they had enough. Their very public reaction pretty much looks pre-scripted.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Aka vaping.

I'll go out on a limb and say there's a lot more to this story than what is being told in the news article trying to smear the school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The other “lifestyle violations” included getting caught with Juul pods
Aka vaping.

I'll go out on a limb and say there's a lot more to this story than what is being told in the news article trying to smear the school.
This right here.  Family is looking for a payout.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Sigh, people are so fucking dense.

Years and years of having reality 180 degrees from what's reported in political stories and still people fall for it over and over again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I am curious as to what the other "straws" were before the rainbow was the last straw...

The whole thing sounds, well, odd.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#14]
The school is:

1. Private

2. Christian

I think there's more to the story, but clearly the school thinks its policies have been violated. The girl doesn't HAVE to go to school there, and apparently "them's the rules".

On the surface, the school's actions seem a bit heartless, but if you're up in arms about it them you're basically a "BAKE MY CAKE-ER".
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#15]
NM.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nailed it.   Parts of the story that didn't fit the "bash religion" narrative have been omitted, you know, for brevity.

But don't let that stop any of the anti-religion zealots here from their ill-informed bash fest!
View Quote
Since you apparently have all the facts, and knowledge of what was omitted, why don't you share with the rest of us?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#17]
#justreligionthings
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#18]
private Christian school..... explains a lot right there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well their school their rules I guess. Honestly she's probably better of going to a academic only private school. I went to private Christian school from preschool to six grade and it made me super skeptical of religion and it's followers in general.
View Quote
Secular private schools don't exist in lots of places. Most all of them are faith based with Catholic schools being the vast majority at least in this area. Catholic schools do tend to be much less ridiculous about things like this compared to the area Protestant based schools around here.

Had a non faith based private school been an option here I would have sent mine to it but since it wasn't we house shopped based on school districts. I'm pretty happy with the schools we have here in our small rural community.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thou shalt not vape until thine age is twenty and one years, so sayeth the Lord.
View Quote
Vaping is not allowed in ANY school.  Why are you trying really hard to upset people.  That your big sister?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#21]
She looks like every trashy, petty bitch I went to high school with.

I’m guessing they had a list of shit she’s done that longer than my arm and finally just decided to get rid of her.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I recommend that all of our pro 2A guys show up in rainbow shirts at the VA state capitol.
Accuse the Dems of gay bashing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuckin dumbass school.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#24]
RAINBOWS ARE FORBIDDEN!
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The gay version has 6 colors. Her shirt has 4 colors. Her cake, which she didn't bake or design, has 6 represented 10 times in the wrong order.

So how did you conclude she's "championing the gay version"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The gay rainbow is different from the Christian rainbow, God's promise not to flood the earth again, she appears to be championing the gay version.  Their school, their rules, go somewhere else and seek attention.
The gay version has 6 colors. Her shirt has 4 colors. Her cake, which she didn't bake or design, has 6 represented 10 times in the wrong order.

So how did you conclude she's "championing the gay version"?
Which version of the Rainbow bridge is it that my dead dag crossed over, when I told my kid the story after he died.

Uh oh is my dags ghost a homosexual now?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#26]
From the article:

The private school claims the picture is the latest in two years’ worth of “lifestyle violations.”

She has being doing stuff like this for awhile, the school finally got tired of it. After 2 years.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#27]
So she is gehy. Sounds like a discrimination suit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Their school their rules and the parents knew he rules up front.  Don't like the rules? Got to public school.They have been pushing the issue and got smacked as deserved.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So she is gehy. Sounds like a discrimination suit.
View Quote
Gays aren’t a protected class.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I like rainbows too

Why must everything be a struggle.

Fuck the world

ETA God also said next time he will burn this planet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Punishment by Christians over a rainbow is some irony
View Quote
How DARE Christians actually ... you know,...  uphold the tenets of their religion.  All First-Amendmenty and such.  The horror, ...  THE HORROR!
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#32]
“Rainbow shirt and cake a ‘lifestyle violation,’ student expelled from private school”

I really don’t see why it’s necessary to have a news article. Just list the title. That’s almost around here read anyway.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How DARE Christians actually ... you know,...  uphold the tenets of their religion.  All First-Amendmenty and such.  The horror, ...  THE HORROR!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I must have missed the bit in the Bible about liking rainbows being a sin.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Thats like saying "You robbed six banks and shot four people, and we just gave you diversion. But then you ran a stop sign, and for that we're sentencing you to life in prison."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ITT we see how misinformation is spread about by people who are to lazy and/or illiterate to read a news article and decipher there is much more to this story then the news is letting on especially since modern-day journalism is all about spreading facts and not pushing an agenda.

The only side in this drama saying the rainbow shirt had shit to do with it is the family. The letter from the school mentioned a meeting in October. Why is the family not mentioning the details of the meeting?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

Genesis 9

I guess the church is saying gay pride trumps the bible?
View Quote
Yeah... pretty disturbing that the school is so shortsighted. Principle needs a butt-whoopin.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
You know - one that teaches 8th graders about anal sex, blood play, etc. ....

https://www.infowars.com/report-california-8th-graders-taught-anal-bondage-sex-involving-blood-in-sex-ed-class/
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Vaping is not allowed in ANY school.  Why are you trying really hard to upset people.  That your big sister?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thou shalt not vape until thine age is twenty and one years, so sayeth the Lord.
I think vaping is pretty fucking stupid.

But I also think freedom and liberty and pretty fucking great.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Sharia Christianity in action

Rainbows are haram
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I think vaping is pretty fucking stupid.

But I also think freedom and liberty and pretty fucking great.

YMMV.
View Quote
You can't smoke, drink, or do drugs at school.  That's not a liberty issue before college.  It's a fucking kid.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you miss the many bits about not doing the Homo-Humpty-Hump as well?  Sodom and Gomorrah ring any bells?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Jacobson, Whitefield Academy's head of school, told The Courier Journal that the expulsion came after "two years of continuous violations of our student code of conduct."

"Inaccurate media reports are circling stating that the student in question was expelled from our school solely for a social media post," the school said in a statement. "In fact, she has unfortunately violated our student code of conduct numerous times over the past two years."

The school added that, ""Whitefield Academy is accredited by ACSI/AdvancEd and a member of the Non Public School Commission of Kentucky, and therefore we meet all Kentucky regulations and laws.  Our code of conduct is on pare with other private Christian schools in our area.  It is unfortunate that one of the student's parents chose to post internal family matters on social media, and we hope our former student is not adversely affected by what her parents chose to make public about her situation."
Bump for someone actually reading this instead of just reacting to the thread title. OP needs to add this to his first post.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Gd/
/Gd

Also

Gd/
Go to a normal school
/Gd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gd/
/Gd

Also

Gd/
Go to a normal school
/Gd
Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#43]
there has got to be missing info here
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You can't smoke, drink, or do drugs at school.  That's not a liberty issue before college.  It's a fucking kid.
View Quote
But the school should not punish people for what they do outside of school. Thats exactly what is happening in this situation.

I posted a link as the third reply to this thread where a child was expelled after he went shooting with family. GD outrage was predictable.

I can legally take my child shooting or hunting. I can take my child to Richmond on the 20th to protest for gun rights. I can legally allow a child to drive my car or tractor on private property. I can legally take my underage child into a bar, buy them a beer, give it to them, and have a beer with my boy. Those are my rights as a parent.

But what this school is doing is saying you don't get to send your student here parenting style and morality.

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Bump for someone actually reading this instead of just reacting to the thread title. OP needs to add this to his first post.
View Quote
I clearly laid out in my first sentence that not all information was available.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Rainbows were awesome until they became gay
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
One that doesn't get bent out of shape over rainbows?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One that doesn't get bent out of shape over rainbows?
Yeah they do over bread guns, support for trump, or support for traditional values instead.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#48]
good lesson for the young lady; its good she see the church's evil as soon as possible - she has virtually her whole life to live now, without the burden of an organization judging her... sounds like a win to me
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Did you miss the many bits about not doing the Homo-Humpty-Hump as well?  Sodom and Gomorrah ring any bells?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No I remember all that.

It’s the rainbow part I don’t recall ever seeing. If we really want to get specific, I don’t recall anything in the  bible laying out any punishment for lesbians. Gay men, yes. Lesbians? Can you point me in the right direction on that one?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I have no doubt there is a lot more to this the family is not divulging and the school is not free to discuss.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top