Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The school is:

1. Private

2. Christian

I think there's more to the story, but clearly the school thinks its policies have been violated. The girl doesn't HAVE to go to school there, and apparently "them's the rules".

On the surface, the school's actions seem a bit heartless, but if you're up in arms about it them you're basically a "BAKE MY CAKE-ER".
View Quote
AYUP...You don’t have to bake that cake, but you do have to accept a person who personal practices you don’t agree with? I don’t have to accept anyone for any reason. May have to tolerate them, but I don’t have to accept. Most private schools have no problem asking you to get out if you don’t represent the school in a positive manner.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

But the school should not punish people for what they do outside of school. Thats exactly what is happening in this situation.

I posted a link as the third reply to this thread where a child was expelled after he went shooting with family. GD outrage was predictable.

I can legally take my child shooting or hunting. I can take my child to Richmond on the 20th to protest for gun rights. I can legally allow a child to drive my car or tractor on private property. I can legally take my underage child into a bar, buy them a beer, give it to them, and have a beer with my boy. Those are my rights as a parent.

But what this school is doing is saying you don't get to be a parent unless we agree with your parenting style and morality.

Fuck them.
View Quote
It's a fucking private Christian school.  How can you select a religious school, pay for it, then decide you don't agree with their morality?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have no doubt there is a lot more to this the family is not divulging and the school is not free to discuss.
View Quote
Of course, the family wants to play games with information flow.

That doesn't change the fact that they decided a rainbow shirt is their hill.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#4]
private school = There fucked up Rules Don't like It go to a Different one...
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's a fucking private Christian school.  How can you select a religious school, pay for it, then decide you don't agree with their morality?
View Quote
Would you be okay if someone was fired because they took their kids to the shooting range?

Because thats the lesson this school is teaching here: That if you don't agree with someone's morality or parenting that occurs outside of your association with them, then its okay to remove them completely.

ETA: I guarantee you if a school banned all Christians because they disagreed with their views, GD would be ready to march on them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, that school would implode if it knew the truth about cupcakes. Just so you know, cupcakes are just muffins that believe in magic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Would you be okay if someone was fired because they took their kids to the shooting range?

Because thats the lesson this school is teaching here: That if you don't agree with someone's morality or parenting that occurs outside of your association with them, then its okay to remove them completely.
View Quote
YES IT WOULD BE!!Bloomberg can open up a private school that hates guns and I would not give a shit..There Private schools that Don't like white people I am ok with that...ITS A PRIVATE ORGANIZATION NOT PUBLIC
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
A) I’m sure there’s more to this. They’re looking for a reason to toss her, and this happened to be the low hanging fruit. Or perhaps it’s one of dozens of legitimate reasons and social media is pretending this dumb reason is the only reason she was let go.

B) School is retarded either way. One can wear/like a rainbow without being a fag. Lots of girls like rainbows and unicorns and shit. Alternatively, if this “violation” is part of a longer list of reasons, it should have been left off the list of reasons they expelled her for entirely. It’s a dumb reason whether on its own or part of a collective.

If my kid were expelled for any reason that was untrue, I’d fight it tooth and nail - if nothing else to call attention to the schools asshattery and to get paid. They’re not called punitive damages for nothin. I’ll bet she either gets a small payday or they reinstate her and the rest of her private education is free.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mom said that was the reason and the MSM ran with it.

Be interesting to know the 'rest of the story'.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#10]

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
View Quote
Sounds like a highly appropriate symbol to wear at a christian school. Right up there with the cross and fish.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Man I love how the thinkers and independent minds on arfcom are just taking this bait and knee jerk attacking the school even when the facts are posted in the same thread .

This girl had been causing trouble for a long time (2 years) and this post was the last straw. I also wouldn't doubt for one second that this "rainbow" birthday cake was deliberately designed and posted to cause the outrage that is being generated in this thread, and is probably also being used as pretext to a lawsuit.

But let's ignore all that and attack religion once again
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#13]
ITS A PRIVATE ORGANIZATION NOT PUBLIC
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#14]
The worst thing the gays have done is turning the rainbow into their symbol.

Light refraction is pretty god damn it! And everyone should be able to enjoy it without political or sexual connotations.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no doubt there is a lot more to this the family is not divulging and the school is not free to discuss.

What evidence do we have at this time, other than the claims of the family, that the rainbow shirt had anything even to do with this?

There was supposedly an email. Who has seen this email?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Punishment by Christians over a rainbow is some irony
View Quote
Using a rainbow as a symbol for LGBQTetc might also be equally ironic to Christians, it being considered by them a symbol of a pact that God makes with humanity.

I suppose irony is in the eye of the beholder.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What's a "normal school"?
View Quote
You know, like this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are a lot of shades of gray when it comes to religion.  Hypocrisy in the church is not a new thing and there are plenty of examples of prominent church leaders exhibiting moral flexibility.

There are a lot of holes in the story and I'm not advocating for either side.  If I had to guess, the mom is the type that feels that not all the rules apply to her and has raised her daughter in a similar manner.  They probably do not agree with all of the school's policies and have openly challenged them in the past.  Certainly would not be the first case of a rebellious student pushing the boundaries.  The school finally got tired of the distractions and cut her loose.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#19]
If she had worn a shirt that said “I’m gay” the headline would have read “School expels happy student”.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Man I love how the thinkers and independent minds on arfcom are just taking this bait and knee jerk attacking the school even when the facts are posted in the same thread .

This girl had been causing trouble for a long time (2 years) and this post was the last straw. I also wouldn't doubt for one second that this "rainbow" birthday cake was deliberately designed and posted to cause the outrage that is being generated in this thread, and is probably also being used as pretext to a lawsuit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

We'll post them again, but nobody will read anything but the thread title.

Jacobson, Whitefield Academy's head of school, told The Courier Journal that the expulsion came after "two years of continuous violations of our student code of conduct."

"Inaccurate media reports are circling stating that the student in question was expelled from our school solely for a social media post," the school said in a statement. "In fact, she has unfortunately violated our student code of conduct numerous times over the past two years."

The school added that, ""Whitefield Academy is accredited by ACSI/AdvancEd and a member of the Non Public School Commission of Kentucky, and therefore we meet all Kentucky regulations and laws. Our code of conduct is on pare with other private Christian schools in our area. It is unfortunate that one of the student's parents chose to post internal family matters on social media, and we hope our former student is not adversely affected by what her parents chose to make public about her situation."
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah they do over bread guns, support for trump, or support for traditional values instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, they did her a favor.

She’ll be better off going to a normal school anyway.
One that doesn't get bent out of shape over rainbows?
Yeah they do over bread guns, support for trump, or support for traditional values instead.
False dichotomy. There are plenty of schools that do neither.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But the school should not punish people for what they do outside of school. Thats exactly what is happening in this situation.

I posted a link as the third reply to this thread where a child was expelled after he went shooting with family. GD outrage was predictable.

I can legally take my child shooting or hunting. I can take my child to Richmond on the 20th to protest for gun rights. I can legally allow a child to drive my car or tractor on private property. I can legally take my underage child into a bar, buy them a beer, give it to them, and have a beer with my boy. Those are my rights as a parent.

But what this school is doing is saying you don't get to send your student here parenting style and morality.

Fuck them.
View Quote
There is a huge difference between a public school taking these actions and a private school taking them.  The private school should be able to expel people for petty crap when they want.  I'll happily stay away from them if they're nutty.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#23]
In before we find out there is more here than just what is in the OP.

I find it hard to believe that's the only reason, just like so many other "hate crimes" the media proports to have happened.

That said, if that is the true reason that school is retarded.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Aka vaping.

I'll go out on a limb and say there's a lot more to this story than what is being told in the news article trying to smear the school.
View Quote
Yep.  This here.

and.

Private school.  Don't like it, don't go
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, that qualifies as nutty - I don't want my kids anywhere near it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Punishment by Christians over a rainbow is some irony
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Aka vaping.

I'll go out on a limb and say there's a lot more to this story than what is being told in the news article trying to smear the school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The other “lifestyle violations” included getting caught with Juul pods

Aka vaping.

+1

OP is stirring the shit again.  Par for the course.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But what this school is doing is saying you don't get to send your student here parenting style and morality.

Fuck them.
View Quote
Do you understand the difference between a public and private school?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jacobson, Whitefield Academy's head of school, told The Courier Journal that the expulsion came after "two years of continuous violations of our student code of conduct."

"Inaccurate media reports are circling stating that the student in question was expelled from our school solely for a social media post," the school said in a statement. "In fact, she has unfortunately violated our student code of conduct numerous times over the past two years."

The school added that, ""Whitefield Academy is accredited by ACSI/AdvancEd and a member of the Non Public School Commission of Kentucky, and therefore we meet all Kentucky regulations and laws. Our code of conduct is on pare with other private Christian schools in our area. It is unfortunate that one of the student's parents chose to post internal family matters on social media, and we hope our former student is not adversely affected by what her parents chose to make public about her situation."
So they are acknowledging that the social media post and rainbow was in fact the straw that broke the camels back.

They have every right to expel her since it’s a private school. That’s not however going to stop me from calling them a bunch of ass backward muppets for it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Highview Christian Baptist School.

Seems about right.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#31]
she looks young to be 51
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
(CoC #7 -40xb)
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#33]
It's pretty par for the course though. Christian schools are pretty drama llama city.

My mom's school expelled a boy for having "inappropriate"  hair because it was longer than his earlobe. It also turns out his mom and an administrator had had a fling a while back and she was volunteering too much for admin's (third) wife's liking.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The fact that this is being promoted as national news makes me suspicious.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Rainbows are an Old Testament symbol.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Jesus Tap-Dancing Fucking Christ!

You are being intentionally obtuse and it's ridiculous to watch.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#37]
There are three sides to every story....in this case, those would be the parent's, the school's, and the truth.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

One that doesn’t push the magic dude in the clouds judging people line of thinking.

Idiots and their imaginary gods are killing human progress with their fucking fairy tales.
View Quote
L. O. Fucking L.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The fact that this is being promoted as national news makes me suspicious.
View Quote
Well of course it is.

Meanwhile in Dearborn Muslims do whatever they want.

However if this story is face value it’s still retarded. It’s nothing like the stylised lgbgqtfdhrhjbfdd flag.

I like rainbows :)  and you won’t find a more straight man in existence.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

One that doesn’t push the magic dude in the clouds judging people line of thinking.

Idiots and their imaginary gods are killing human progress with their fucking fairy tales.
View Quote
You do nothing but troll.  I understand why I have you on ignore.  I opened your post to see if I was right, and yup.  I don't know how you are not banned yet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

ETA: I guarantee you if a school banned all Christians because they disagreed with their views, GD would be ready to march on them.
View Quote
Well it's a private school, if that's not enough reason then I don't think you stand where you think you stand politically.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You do nothing but troll.  I understand why I have you on ignore.  I opened your post to see if I was right, and yup.  I don't know how you are not banned yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He posts inflammatory and asinine comments meant to rile up people they target. So do a good third of posters here. The only difference is the targeting. Of we start to call that trolling, we’re on a slippery slope to mass crackdowns.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Fuck them.
View Quote
Its a voluntary association.  Don't wanna follow the rules?  Don't join the school, fraternity, military, whatever.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No I remember all that.

It’s the rainbow part I don’t recall ever seeing. If we really want to get specific, I don’t recall anything in the  bible laying out any punishment for lesbians. Gay men, yes. Lesbians? Can you point me in the right direction on that one?
View Quote
Romans 1:26 - 27

Is it your position that MALE homosexuality is condemned in the Bible, but that female homosexuality is ok?  This would be a strange Biblical position to take.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can you grasp the difference between "public" and "private"?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Rainbows have existed since the dawn of time.

People liked rainbows before the gay mafia declared it to be theirs and theirs alone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Its a sad indictment of the evils of LGBTQ+++ when this teen girl is grouped in with them because she like RAINBOWS.

In the Bible, Rainbows are a symbol of God's promise to never send a global flood and wipe us out (again).

In science, its an interesting way to demonstrate diffraction of light.

But its been co-opted and perverted by LGBTQ++ for their own propaganda.

FREE THE RAINBOW!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He posts inflammatory and asinine comments meant to rile up people they target. So do a good third of posters here. The only difference is the targeting. Of we start to call that trolling, we’re on a slippery slope to mass crackdowns.
View Quote
Sorry I hurt your feelings about fairy tails.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Opinions. We all have them.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top