Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They would have pulled us off at 100 MPH unless it was an escaped mass murderer on the bike. Not many places you can open it up to 100 MPH in my county for any length of time, let alone 130 MPH
View Quote

ASP seemed to enjoy the chase.  He looked a little miffed it was over.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks fine
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can't believe he lived

Are they sure he was going 135?
View Quote

Figure he is going 100+ and hits a car going the same direction that is doing 60. Not as bad as it could have been . Realistically a 60-70mph accident.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
What could possibly go wrong?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Cop got to 120? Coulda been. Could braked a bit before the collision too.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It’s a little surprising an AR officer didn’t pit him. I was hoping for it at the start.

View Quote

A few minutes before the crash it appeared the cop was trying to do a low speed physical stop with his cruiser.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Humm....the screaming in the background when the cop pushed the mic button was....Ooof size OUCH.....

...on that note.....how the hell did he think that was going to end.  I was a bit surprised the cop caught him on the interstate, either the bike was less than 600cc or didn't have any stamina to hold on above 140 MPH for very long.....the moral of the story FAFO.
View Quote

The highest speed for the cop car that I saw was 151 MPH.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#9]
No way.  I didn't even see a dent in the SUV he hit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Stupid should hurt.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Speaking from experience, he's going to feel it BIG TIME once his adrenaline starts to wear off. It's not pleasant.

My favorite part was the ER nurses scrubbing my open wounds with a medicated sponge thing that had hard plastic needles/scrubby bits on one side, to get all the embedded rocks and pebbles out. 0 stars, would not recommend.
View Quote

Yep. Me and my brother were riding dirt bikes when he decided going out onto a rain slick street was a good idea. He was going too fast and doing silly shit when he came to a cross street and had to lay it down to keep from hitting a car coming from the cross street.
I went with dad when he took my brother to the ER. 2 nurses were cleaning out his road rash and my brother was yelling like crazy. Dad told him to shut it as he was the dumbass riding a dirt bike on the street.  "Shut up and take it"
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Am I the only one who sees a compound fracture of the left leg?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Speaking from experience, he's going to feel it BIG TIME once his adrenaline starts to wear off. It's not pleasant.

My favorite part was the ER nurses scrubbing my open wounds with a medicated sponge thing that had hard plastic needles/scrubby bits on one side, to get all the embedded rocks and pebbles out. 0 stars, would not recommend.
View Quote

Lucky:
17yr old me took off shirt while dad picked out gravel and trash, while calling me a dumbass several times.

Betadine wipe down, fresh shirt, told me to get my ass to school.

Dads are awesome!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No way.  I didn't even see a dent in the SUV he hit.
View Quote

I wonder if he was halfway to laying it down from trying to swerve around. Doesn't look like he made contact fully upright.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They would have pulled us off at 100 MPH unless it was an escaped mass murderer on the bike. Not many places you can open it up to 100 MPH in my county for any length of time, let alone 130 MPH
View Quote

It’s so densely populated here I’m excited when I can make it up to 40mph.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Stupid hurts.

Kinda shocked at the 5 and 6 min mark when the office had obviously caught up to his rear twice he didn't realize he wasn't getting away.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Dude is luckier than shit

I’ve got some pretty good pics of car vs bike accident x ray’s from much lower speeds
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why are the cops chasing people at those speeds?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before gd blames the cop for chasing him.

Why are the cops chasing people at those speeds?

Because he didn't signal a lane change.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Gnarly road rash had him screaming though. Better than a taser.
View Quote

Nah, the screaming was because he’s got broken bones from the impact. The road rash won’t hurt for a few minutes. Then it will hurt a LOT.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't believe he lived

I agree.  A taser lasts 5 seconds and is done.  This lasts much longer to remind him he’s a dumbass
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It’s so densely populated here I’m excited when I can make it up to 40mph.
View Quote

It doesn't stop them all.

There's one of these in a dense area (I thought this would be a repost of it) where the biker hits a stationary
car at an intersection at probably 100+ and different parts of his body decelerate at very different rates
and don't stay connected, with the body going very airborne and landing somewhere around 50 feet away.
It was a few years ago but I can't find it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

...on that note.....how the hell did he think that was going to end.  I was a bit surprised the cop caught him on the interstate, either the bike was less than 600cc or didn't have any stamina to hold on above 140 MPH for very long.....the moral of the story FAFO.
View Quote

It was a Yamaha fz6, I had one with the same pipes. I had mine up to 145 once in the middle of no where on a straight road I could see a mile ahead. It had more, I did not. It did cruise nicely at 125 the few times I had room to do that.

From reading on the bike sites when I went there they could do 155 if you hugged the tank. It was the same engine as the yamaha r6 just tuned for lower end torque and lost some top speed because of that ( 18 hp to be exact )

@Scoobysmak

eta on mine the aero was not smooth above 125 you had to hug it as it buffeted in the wind. The steering rake angle also was twitchy at speed as it was not meant for speed but for around town and cruising.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Cop knew how to drive. Impressive reaction time on the brakes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Was going to say, if you're planning on running from the cops on the interstate, make sure your bike tops out higher than the limiter on the police chargers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Humm....the screaming in the background when the cop pushed the mic button was....Ooof size OUCH.....

Was going to say, if you're planning on running from the cops on the interstate, make sure your bike tops out higher than the limiter on the police chargers

Two of mine easily will but then again I'm not the type to be driving recklessly, fleeing and eluding and so forth.

I use enough speed to build and keep a space cushion around me and this is dynamic based on traffic conditions. Most times OSP has about as much interest in me as they do yesterday's newspaper. Probably because I wear gear and don't cause others any problems.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I only consider myself an “average” rider, but I can lean into a turn 10X better than that guy
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Cop knew how to drive. Impressive reaction time on the brakes.
View Quote

He passed a few vehicles partially going off of pavement.  I have never driven 151 MPH.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Only better ending for me would have been his body being split into multiple pieces like the bike.  Fuck assholes that have no problem putting other peoples lives in danger.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Car, motorcycle, whatever...
If someone drives like a idiot, flees from the police and they hopefully wreck (without fucking up other people or their vehicles), if a K9 is utilized to help apprehend then even better.
A video of them screaming while a dog grabs onto them is/would be quality entertainment.

Said by someone who rides a motorcycle.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Within five seconds I saw the roads and just knew it was good 'ol AR.  Some serious dumbasses here.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh well.  I hope the biker had insurance so the other guy is covered.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He passed a few vehicles partially going off of pavement.  I have never driven 151 MPH.
View Quote

I've been to 140 in my '86 Supra. I let off when I felt the front end coming up. Needed more front downforce.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Fucker

I hope it hurt! Real fucking bad! With no opiates at ER! Fuck that guy!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Only better ending for me would have been his body being split into multiple pieces like the bike.  Fuck assholes that have no problem putting other peoples lives in danger.
View Quote

Saw one like that.  Arm over here, leg over there, torso in the ditch, helmet in the road with the head still in it.  Hit the Aramco rail at over 100.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I can't believe he lived

View Quote

take into consideration the guy he hit was going 60-70 mph in the same direction, so not really a 135 mph crash.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Wound debridement for that road rash is going to hurt for a while.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#37]
What the hell was that cop driving? If those speeds were correct that thing was fast and handled like a track car..
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:23:01 AM EDT
[#38]
I am quite disappointed at the lack of sympathy shown by the responding officers.

Quoted:
What the hell was that cop driving? If those speeds were correct that thing was fast and handled like a track car..
View Quote

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:29:58 AM EDT
[#39]
should be lethal force authorized.

fuck those assholes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:31:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
cop should have salted him a bit
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:32:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

take into consideration the guy he hit was going 60-70 mph in the same direction, so not really a 135 mph crash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't believe he lived

The speed limit is 45mph where the crash happened.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:42:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Figure he is going 100+ and hits a car going the same direction that is doing 60. Not as bad as it could have been . Realistically a 60-70mph accident.
View Quote

Yeah but even that road speed is awful gratey. I had moderate road rash from a slide wearing a leather jacket and denim pants. Gotta be raw meat in a tee shirt going that fast. Probably broken femurs at least.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 12:44:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I went down at 70, and that seems about right.

I wasn't running from the police, tho.

In my case, I just sort of folded my arms across my chest after hitting the ground (it was a lowside) and relaxed as much as I could. I sort of figured that if I fought it, it would just make it worse. I remember thinking "Well...this sucks. I'll stop rolling and tumbling eventually. Hope I don't hit anything stationary in the meantime". Heh. The entire thing probably didn't last more than like 7 seconds, but time slowed to a crawl.

I was wearing a full face helmet and a (light) leather jacket, jeans, and (light) leather boots. The leather tore though at the ankles, the ass of my jeans wore through, the knees rubbed straight through, and so did my elbows and forearms (through leather, but again - kind of light). Dude here in a t-shirt and tennis shoes is having an even worse day than I was. And he did some felon shit on top of it so that'll be fun for him later, as well.

After I healed up, my next purchase was actual leathers with CE-rated armor in all the places I hurt, and proper motorcycle boots. And another helmet.

I actually went down one more time (at about ~40mph) years later, and all I bruised was my ego.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't believe he lived

I went down at 70, and that seems about right.

I wasn't running from the police, tho.

In my case, I just sort of folded my arms across my chest after hitting the ground (it was a lowside) and relaxed as much as I could. I sort of figured that if I fought it, it would just make it worse. I remember thinking "Well...this sucks. I'll stop rolling and tumbling eventually. Hope I don't hit anything stationary in the meantime". Heh. The entire thing probably didn't last more than like 7 seconds, but time slowed to a crawl.

I was wearing a full face helmet and a (light) leather jacket, jeans, and (light) leather boots. The leather tore though at the ankles, the ass of my jeans wore through, the knees rubbed straight through, and so did my elbows and forearms (through leather, but again - kind of light). Dude here in a t-shirt and tennis shoes is having an even worse day than I was. And he did some felon shit on top of it so that'll be fun for him later, as well.

After I healed up, my next purchase was actual leathers with CE-rated armor in all the places I hurt, and proper motorcycle boots. And another helmet.

I actually went down one more time (at about ~40mph) years later, and all I bruised was my ego.

I nailed a deer at something like 55 mph wearing a textile one piece.  Busted my wrist, and had a couple spots that looked like rug burn.

Several folks at the ER asked if I was the guy from the bike crash.  I've long been thankful I'm paranoid.  If the ER folks don't think I'm the typical bike wreck sample, I'll take that as a win
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:28:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm surprised he stayed in one piece and conscious.
Eta
I suspect speed differential at impact was quite a bit south of 135.......
View Quote

Yeah well he hit a car going probably 60-70, he probably braked some, so maybe was only a 30-50 MPH difference.

Lucky he hit someone going the same direction, vs an oncoming car or a fixed object.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:28:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Looks like he skinned his knees.

A couple vigorous sprays of Bactine and ToeCutter will be ready to rail again.

He really rikes rooking at his pink arms, what a sunburn, more Bactine.

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:32:56 AM EDT
[#46]
He probably won't be doing that again for a little while..
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:34:56 AM EDT
[#47]
On a side note,  LRHN Cash, the guy who posted that video and others, is himself  a big piece of  sh*t.   He has  "his own" video posted  by another  channel of him  getting arrested  and  something about unpaid child support.  He is not acting as "the perfect gentleman"   when getting arrested, either.

This one here................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBmT2I7TlXo
YouTuber "LRHN" berates Trooper - He has no insurance, no driver's license, Charger gets towed
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:41:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Skills are lacking when a cop is on your ass the entire time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32274/Screenshot_2024-07-26_at_14-32-48_151_MP-3277669.JPG
View Quote

Too damned close for a pursuit, too likely to collide if he brakes hard or dumps it.  And people will do both.  

I nearly killed a guy on a MC once, he was eluding, he was in the fast lane doing around 90, I was offset in the slow lane and about 35-40 yds behind him, when he braked hard, and cut in front of me to do a 180 to exit at an onramp (going the wrong way).  He never fucking looked, by sheer skill and luck I dropped the radio mic (because of course I was on the radio right then!), I braked and swerved, jumped a concrete divider gore point, and missed him by no more than a couple inches….  Fucking dumbass.  He did finally see me as I was hammering the brakes and he cleared my left front corner by the skin of his teeth.  Lucky for him I reacted as well as anyone could have.  

So even if you are trying to be careful, dipshits do stupid things.  Never be too close so you run them over!

He got away too.  Probably needed to change his drawers after that though.  Original reason for the stop was totally reckless driving, likely drunk or high (terrible driving, not so much doing high speed but like barely able to drive w/o crashing).  Might have been a stolen bike, he clearly was not a good rider (a good rider would have gotten away without nearly dying).
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:48:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Locally we had a squid kill himself and a 9y/o girl after striking a car at high speed. Police said he had been doing up to 164 prior to impact according to his helmet cam.

View Quote

Cue up the “they never hurt anyone but themselves” crowd.  I have seen how much damage they do when hitting another vehicle.  

Fuck people who ride like that.  One nearly took out my family a few years back when he was passing folks in blind curves and going about 3 times the recommended speed, meanwhile my wife was merely trying to leave a stop and turn onto the road, not expecting a maniac to come flying by at warp speed out of the corner.  Missed a collision by maybe 3”, he laid it down.  I was less than happy with him…
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:50:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cop got up to around 147 or so when they were going the first direction and the bike seem to be staying about the same distance at times.  Now granted the cop had to slow down for some traffic but I just don't think his scrawny ass could hang on much at those speeds.  He had way too high of a posture in my opinion and probably felt like he was going to get ripped off.  Anything above 120 ish you need to pretend you want to give the tank a big hug.....  I didn't pay close enough attention if maybe he had a tank bag and that was as far down as he could get, or maybe an optical illusion for my old Mark2 eyeballs.

I think the kid had some dirt bike experience as when he went off-roading at a decent clip on the exit ramp it didn't seem to bother him and the 87 circles just after that I was kinda shocked he wasn't taken out though we can't really see how he avoided the front bumper after the first attempt.  The only time it really seems the bike out-accelerated the cop was right after the 87 circles other than that the cop was faster overall except for traffic.  I will say the cop car is NOW  much faster than the bike....

I will say I started watching the cops hood buffering in the wind at high speeds......  Maybe I don't drive 150 MPH that many times to sit and watch it happen, just got the feeling if the safety latch wasn't on it.....POOF.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top