BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m Gen X and carry a 1911 .45 and will shoot your ass with a quickness so fuck your boomer shit.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am fed-up and sick to death with stupid know-it-all millenials who keep slagging the 1911. Just because you own an I-phone and just because you used the said I-phone to create a You Tube channel does not make a firearms expert.

And most of these idiot millenials have never even seen a proper 1911. That is to say an all steel forged pistol without parts made of bubblegum or metal injected molded scrap metal. Here's a properly fitted 1911. It will feed and extract empty cases and it goes "boom" every time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/234818/20220521_132925-2391990.jpg
View Quote

I love my Les Baer even if it has front cocking serrations that others hate.
Even my Springfield Armory Stainless Loaded which has a few MIM parts in it has been flawless for over 10 years and 10,000+ rounds.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I actually want one of those blingy special edition .38 Supers Colt used to do. The Mexican cartel gun ones.

I have no idea why, but some things you just can't explain.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They might go well on a .38 Super.

I actually want one of those blingy special edition .38 Supers Colt used to do. The Mexican cartel gun ones.

I have no idea why, but some things you just can't explain.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If H&K were to build a 1911, they would post pictures of it with ammo loaded backwards. Then they would sell it to retards for $2000 a pop. And the retards would buy it

I can afford to buy any gun that I want and I have never wanted an H&K.  They are overpriced and over rated.
View Quote

Here we will agree to disagree.
Love my SFP9L-OR-PB and my HK45.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
US GI M1911A1 is best 1911
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am fed-up and sick to death with stupid know-it-all millenials who keep slagging the 1911. Just because you own an I-phone and just because you used the said I-phone to create a You Tube channel does not make a firearms expert.

And most of these idiot millenials have never even seen a proper 1911. That is to say an all steel forged pistol without parts made of bubblegum or metal injected molded scrap metal. Here's a properly fitted 1911. It will feed and extract empty cases and it goes "boom" every time.

View Quote

A commie Nineteen Eeereven.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]

No

You bludgeon them with your non-tupperware gun as you pull this out:

And put the pointy end into him.

While your huffing out of breath boomer friend comes up to support your position with...

And than they light up cuban cigars and talk about how their daddies used to kill nazis with 1911s and k-bars.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's not how you spell .38 Super.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
9mm Luger 1911 is best 1911. 9mm luger cartridge > *

That's not how you spell .38 Super.

Preach it @bigthicket
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

I like 1911’s too.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#10]
only one thing better than a custom Colt 1911

two custom Colt 1911's

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ok boomer
View Quote

ok derpy-do.

You can't even get my age group right
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Ya, you're projecting this exactly, LMAO
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Muh trying to be edgy more like it.

0/10

Overplayed man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool story bro.

Quoted:

Muh trying to be edgy more like it.

0/10

Overplayed man.

You're on a loop, we know.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where does the "unreliable feeding" thing come from, people who haven't shot one in 40 years?
View Quote

Or were using shit ammo and bargain bin magazines.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I love 1911s but I will always carry a Glock.
View Quote

Same, I don't get the reason to attack one over the other though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#17]
the prefect 1911

1998 Colt CCO

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#18]
They make this updated version known as a 2011.  It is all of the fun of the 1911 except it holds more fun and is more modular.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If H&K were to build a 1911, they would post pictures of it with ammo loaded backwards. Then they would sell it to retards for $2000 a pop. And the retards would buy it

I can afford to buy any gun that I want and I have never wanted an H&K.  They are overpriced and over rated.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

That truly is a fine weapon. I have a Colt CCO from Gunsite, with their touches on it. It's one o f my favorite 1911s.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Old school Colt is best Colt.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's pathetic because you have to go to China to get a proper 1911.
View Quote

Arizona is not in Chy-na
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#23]
9mm is pure sex to shoot

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I shot my handgun qual today with my home built cco. Fired about 150 rounds, not a single malfunction. I also had the best grouping of the day. The guy next to had a emp, with a bunch of issues until I lubed it, it was also new.

The only other gun with any issue today was a guy running a g48 with shield mags and stock mag catch. The gun started dropping mags from the mag catch getting worn by the steel mags. And the only gun that had to be changed out

(Maryland wear and carry class )
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Norinco actually makes a decent 1911. We can't get them any longer, but the ones that are here are pretty well regarded, and they make excellent bases for custom guns. IIRC there were some with headspace issues, though.

Also, you can bitch at Colt for lots of things, but their 1911s are still GTG.

https://i.imgur.com/yK3wEvF.jpg
View Quote

Back in the day, say 30 years ago, some of the top 'smiths used Norinco's as the base for custom builds.  I recall reading some reviews where they said they would take a base Norinco over a Colt any day for a base pistol.  I am not sure I would go that far, but they know better than me

Here are my two Colts and they have been flawless

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was issued the fucking things in the Army.  

I've owned top tier 1911s.

I don't carry one and I don't own one anymore.   Low capacity, unnecessarily large round, antiquated design, fucking GRIP SAFETY, external SAO hammer...
There are FAR better designs for a combat or defensive handgun available now.

As a range toy, sure.  The trigger on a well tuned one is a work of art.   I don't think that single positive point is worth the negatives.

Signed, not a boomer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Millennials can’t afford a 1911 so they parrot a bunch of internet crap they’ve read. I have many and they all run real well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't carry one and I don't own one anymore.   Low capacity, unnecessarily large round, antiquated design, fucking GRIP SAFETY, external SAO hammer...

As a range toy, sure.  The trigger on a well tuned one is a work of art.   I don't think that single positive point is worth the negatives.

Signed, not a boomer.
View Quote

Come up to maryland one day and You can shoot my Staccato c2, 17 rounds flush fit, over all light weight and a great trigger.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Come up to maryland one day and You can shoot my Staccato c2, 17 rounds flush fit, over all light weight and a great trigger.
View Quote

I appreciate the offer.  I know that there are options which fix one of the multiple issues I have with the design with the higher capacity magazine.   I also owned Para '1911's back in the day.

I still am of the opinion that there are far better handguns for combat or self defense.

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like a scrubbed Norinco.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You sir are correct.  

The "Made in China" part made me throw up a little.
View Quote

Norinco made from railroad grade steel. No US maker ever made one with this grade of steel ever!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#32]
 Found by a friend with a metal detector buried about 8" deep

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I appreciate the offer.  I know that there are options which fix one of the multiple issues I have with the design with the higher capacity magazine.   I also owned Para '1911's back in the day.

I still am of the opinion that there are far better handguns for combat or self defense.

View Quote

So go ahead and use them then, I don't see anyone trying to change what you prefer.

Or are you just venting from 1911 PTSD back when you were issued worn out museum pieces that should have been replaced a lot sooner?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Ehhh... I've had a handful of them. Carried a few different ones daily back when. Still have the Colt. It's fun to shoot, I like it.

I tried it the Boomer way, and while it works, I moved on.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:35:38 PM EDT
[#35]
So many reloads
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Signed, not a boomer.
View Quote
Preach!
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So go ahead and use them then, I don't see anyone trying to change what you prefer.

Or are you just venting from 1911 PTSD back when you were issued worn out museum pieces that should have been replaced a lot sooner?
View Quote

Just posting my opinion.  You're free to click the ignore button by my name if my opinion shakes your world in some way.  I'm sure the bandwagon/echo chamber will be to your liking.

Have a great day!

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#38]
My 1911 hand built by Bill Wilson (Wilson Combat) always goes boom and runs plates like a fkn boss. I'd bet my life on that gun any day.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Just posting my opinion.  You're free to click the ignore button by my name if my opinion shakes your world in some way.  I'm sure the bandwagon/echo chamber will be to your liking.

Have a great day!

View Quote

I only carry strikers so I am not sure what was to be shaken up really.

However I am not the least bothered by those who like different things than I do. But you do seem rather abrasive when folks like something different. After so many threads seeing the same vitriol laced assertions from you, my curiosity got the better of me and I had wanted to ask why you were very much bothered by things that you don't approve of that are being used in another's hand.

Have a great day yourself
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#40]

That sure is pretty

Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Preach on boomer
View Quote

That phone in your avatar makes its funny.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Where does the "unreliable feeding" thing come from, people who haven't shot one in 40 years?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They read it on the interwebz so it must be true.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's pathetic because you have to go to China to get a proper 1911.
View Quote

Not if you build your own:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Mr Wilson makes nice pistols. But his are not off the rack.
View Quote

But Mr Wesson's are, and oddly enough they're manufactured in Norwich, New York.

My favorite flavor is commander, and bobtail.
Attachment Attached File

And it gets carried all the time, with a change of furniture, in my favorite leather.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Signed, not a boomer.
View Quote

I think that's the first I've heard .38 super referred to as an "unnecessarily large round", But then I've never considered the .45 acp unnecessarily large either.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think that's the first I've heard .38 super referred to as an "unnecessarily large round", But then I've never considered the .45 acp unnecessarily large either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Signed, not a boomer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Signed, not a boomer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Signed, not a boomer.
Well stated, I agree with Alex.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#49]
In honor of my elders I busted the Colt out of the safe and carried it into town to the hardware store.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top