[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I garuntee you it will eventually come out mostly modern humans are atleast 1.5 million years old and that we didnt come from the monkeys they think we came from. Not saying we didnt come from monkeys. I am saying mostly modern humans go back much farther then they think they do.

Nobody who understands evolution thinks that humans evolved from monkeys.

You can tell a lot by hand shape and weight;

http://www.handresearch.com/news/pictures/primate-hands-family-tree-evolution.jpg

Dat sideboob
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I for one evolved from a Sexual Tyrannosaurus.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Ah HA! This jaw bone will surely disprove the existence of a creator and free us to pursue whatever the hell we want without fear of hell!

Admit it. This stopped being about the scientific method somewhere between Darwin and crippling inability to explain away the ridiculous complexity of the cosmos.  Climate change, oh, let's throw in a few more gallons of unsubstantiated tard in the stew. This is about social agenda, pure and simple.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Homo erectus, LOL
View Quote

Tranny thread! Top of page two!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ah HA! This jaw bone will surely disprove the existence of a creator and free us to pursue whatever the hell we want without fear of hell!

Admit it. This stopped being about the scientific method somewhere between Darwin and crippling inability to explain away the ridiculous complexity of the cosmos.  Climate change, oh, let's throw in a few more gallons of unsubstantiated tard in the stew. This is about social agenda, pure and simple.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Honestly, yes. Young earth is right up there with fake moonlandings and 9/11 was an inside job in the category of things no reasonable person in 21st century America should believe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know we have alot of fucknuts in GD, but do we really have young earthers here too?

You're surprised?

Honestly, yes. Young earth is right up there with fake moonlandings and 9/11 was an inside job in the category of things no reasonable person in 21st century America should believe.

There's been polling on the subject for decades, YEC has been declining slowly but it's still over 40% of the US population. We're only now getting to the point where Young Earth and Intelligent Design are roughly equally held as beliefs.

The funny thing is it isn't something you run into much in the real world unless you look for it or change locales/denominations. I never met a Christian Evolutionist until I enlisted, a Catholic might rarely encounter a vocal Young Earther.

YEC is much rarer among the young and on the internet than it is in other populations, I know older guys who aren't even devout who're YEC.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only people who have a limited mind see conspiracy everywhere.

I believe in God, and I also believe in evolution. (Micro and Macro).  Discovery of new fossil evidence that adds to our understanding of our history does not shake faith in people who have a brain. And vice versa.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There's been polling on the subject for decades, YEC has been declining slowly but it's still over 40% of the US population. We're only now getting to the point where Young Earth and Intelligent Design are roughly equally held as beliefs.

The funny thing is it isn't something you run into much in the real world unless you look for it or change locales/denominations. I never met a Christian Evolutionist until I enlisted, a Catholic might rarely encounter a vocal Young Earther.

YEC is much rarer among the young and on the internet than it is in other populations, I know older guys who aren't even devout who're YEC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know we have alot of fucknuts in GD, but do we really have young earthers here too?

You're surprised?

My closest friend is a YEC proponent. We have some of the best debates over fine (and not so fine) bourbon going.  Never a hard feeling and always something enlightening. I always learn something from his point of view and I value that.  He does the same.

As a competing theory, the "genesis" of YEC was laid down by Usher in the 17th century, not that much older than Darwin.   ( http://www.amazon.com/Annals-World-James-Ussher/dp/0890515107/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425521324&sr=8-1&keywords=the+annals+of+world+history )  Worth your time if you like to read.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Proof?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wrong

Proof?

Primordial ooze?  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Primordial ooze?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
wrong

Proof?

Primordial ooze?  

What happens in the tidal pool, stays in the tidal pool.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I evolved for 2.8 million years, and all I got was a lead ammo ban?  I want my money back.  Evolution is a gyp.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Then the chart is wrong.....we should be a capuchin monkey, squirrel monkey or a baboon.  Humans are not in that genetic line.

FWIW: I'm not a monkey of any sort.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Climate change- aaaaaa d you lost me.
View Quote
The ice ages really happened.

No one is saying it was evil SUV's.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It's interesting how certain they are about all of it until a couple years later they discover something that refutes everything they "knew" a short time earlier.

I've seen the pattern repeated so many times, I put very little stock in these "amazing discoveries" anymore.

Give it 4 or 5 decades to be put in proper context with other discoveries and then we'll see if it actually means anything.

Way too much speculation being passed off as fact.

Many (if not most) scientists are too arrogant and worried about making a name in the community to adhere to any scientific rigor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

what gets me.

is they say all this amazing shit, then you see what they found and its always like a jawbone and a finger bone.

yet they knew that was the bone of a watapotomus and they can tell you everything about it down to its favorite color.

It's interesting how certain they are about all of it until a couple years later they discover something that refutes everything they "knew" a short time earlier.

I've seen the pattern repeated so many times, I put very little stock in these "amazing discoveries" anymore.

Give it 4 or 5 decades to be put in proper context with other discoveries and then we'll see if it actually means anything.

Many (if not most) scientists are too arrogant and worried about making a name in the community to adhere to any scientific rigor.
Who said they are "certain" about anything?

First off, if you want accurate scientific reporting of the confidence of the findings I'd suggest reading the actual paper.

The news needs sensationalist headlines.

Every fossil that is found is a "missing link" or is "groundbreaking" according to the news.

Every technological advance is "amazing" and "could lead to a revolution" according to the news.

Every speculative hypothesis which is backed up by zero observations in theoretical physics "possibly can redefine everything we know" according to the news.

No one wants to read a headline that says "an interesting but minor archeological find occurred today" or "new unsupported theory which seems unlikely to be substantiated by experiments or observations is proposed".

Its like like how every gun in an "assault weapon" even if its airsof, every gun safe is an 'arsenal', and every 50 cal ammo can with a few boxes of random calibers is "hundreds of rounds of ammunition".

You've got to read news articles with a grain of salt.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Have they attached it to a ape hip they found 40 ft away and called it a transitional ape-man yet or are they trying not to do that sort of thing anymore?  
I do enjoy the geologic times being pushed back farther.  The evolutionists didn't have enough time to get apes to turn into men as it was, each time the find something "older" it gets worse.  They just can't stand that in the beginning God made them male and female and they willfully forget God's flood destroyed the earth, wiping out species and men.  The fossils they're finding aren't millions and millions, rather, a bunch of stuff mixed up and buried together thousands of years ago.  I wonder what they'll do if they find a jaw bone in a layer "100,000,000" years old?  They'd say a species identical to man evolved and went extinct.  Some already teach identical species could have evolved numerous times, evolution really is that ridiculous.  Anything to deny plain reality we've been Created.  Molecules don't self-organize into information and "selection" from a deteriorating gene pool doesn't help.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:08:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Let me make my phrasing more obvious.

Yes, it was not a monkey as we classify them today. It was in fact a common ancestor.

Which happened to look and smell a whole lot like a monkey.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Environment/Pix/columnists/2011/6/1/1306950332353/Australopithecus-africanu-006.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still wrong.

Humans and monkeys/apes/etc evolved from a common ancestor.

Yes. And it looked like a fucking monkey.

It wasn't a monkey - it might look like sort of like one, but it isn't a monkey.

Let me make my phrasing more obvious.

Yes, it was not a monkey as we classify them today. It was in fact a common ancestor.

Which happened to look and smell a whole lot like a monkey.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Environment/Pix/columnists/2011/6/1/1306950332353/Australopithecus-africanu-006.jpg
Yep. Had those primates existed on some island during the time we were developing our classification system, we'd have classified them as monkeys.

The whole "should the common ancestors be called monkeys or not" definitional argument is really silly.  Its all about arbitrary taxonomic names.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
No, that's what christianity does by saying "all my sins are forgiven so now I can sin and not go to hell"

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Got to love all the people in this thread coming in to talk about something they don't believe in.

I've been told by Christians that the only people who do this kind of thing are pathetic losers who hate the topic of the OP because they know it is the truth and can't stand it fact that it conflicts with what they want to pretend is true about the universe.

I mean, this is Christian logic being applied to Christians, so it must be 100% accurate.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Either way........this stuff being found over and over and over again shows that we have been around for a long long long time.

or

You can read the "book" and interpret it as literal, like many people do......
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#21]
And still no "missing link" after all this time ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got to love all the people in this thread coming in to talk about something they don't believe in.

I've been told by Christians that the only people who do this kind of thing are pathetic losers who hate the topic of the OP because they know it is the truth and can't stand it fact that it conflicts with what they want to pretend is true about the universe.

I mean, this is Christian logic being applied to Christians, so it must be 100% accurate.
View Quote

To be fair, there are plenty of religious people openly stating no qualm or conflict here.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote
Define "missing link".

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
To be fair, there are plenty of religious people openly stating no qualm or conflict here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But those people accept the theory, so that logic doesn't apply to them.

It only applies to people who pretend not to believe something.  I mean, this is what theists tell me is true in any thread about religion, so I assume it applies to them when they bring up religion in a thread about science.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I love these threads.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
but but but muh bible and muh creation
View Quote

If you ever read the bible you would see that it explains the creation of the earth in the same way that Neil Degrass Tyson explained it on Cosmos.  Tyson used a calendar to show the stages of the Earth in "days".  Just like in the bible.  Tyson showed how first it was molten rock, then oceans, then sea creatures, then land animals, etc with humans being last.  Just like in the bible.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No, that's what christianity does by saying "all my sins are forgiven so now I can sin and not go to hell"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a remarkably shallow take on Christians. I won't claim that logic doesn't exist, but it's bottom of the barrel, like those people with the darwin-fish things on their cars are to non-believers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:00:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It only applies to people who pretend not to believe something.  I mean, this is what theists tell me is true in any thread about religion, so I assume it applies to them when they bring up religion in a thread about science.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are theists telling you will pretend not to believe something? In what context? (not being a dick, just not tracking...)
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Can't be right.   It is white with black teeth.  Ethiopians are black with white teeth.
View Quote

Looks like some short curly hair stuck between those teeth. I think it's from a homolickalottapuss
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The fossils they're finding aren't millions and millions, rather, a bunch of stuff mixed up and buried together thousands of years ago.  I wonder what they'll do if they find a jaw bone in a layer "100,000,000" years old?  They'd say a species identical to man evolved and went extinct.  Some already teach identical species could have evolved numerous times, evolution really is that ridiculous.
View Quote

Really -just stop - you have no idea WTF you are even talking about.

There is no evidence of a world wide flood. It was assumed there was one since the birth of Geology. The early geologists were all Christians. It was the complete lack of evidence of a flood that caused them to rethink their assumptions.

Also there are hundreds of MILLIONS of years worth of fossils. There many different eras we have cataloged. You can watch the progression of life moving from the sea and then onto land. Either there were multiple bouts of creation, or there was a slow progression of life. There was clearly a time when there was only sea life. There was a time there were no flowering plants on land. There was a time there were no mammals or birds.

How do you account that you will never find a land animal in a Cambrian era rock formation? Where were the birds during the Jurassic?

Stop clinging to Genesis which were from prophetic visions as a literal creation.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#31]
how deep was it in the ground?

GR
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
That's a remarkably shallow take on Christians. I won't claim that logic doesn't exist, but it's bottom of the barrel, like those people with the darwin-fish things on their cars are to non-believers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its almost as If I was just turning his own broad brush logic around on him to make a point.

Naw, couldn't, it must be what I think of all Christians.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#33]
So, according to them, "climate change" gave rise to the first humans?

So... wouldn't that make "climate change" good?
Liberals are impeding the next great evolutionary leap and the advancement of humanity!

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If you ever read the bible you would see that it explains the creation of the earth in the same way that Neil Degrass Tyson explained it on Cosmos.  Tyson used a calendar to show the stages of the Earth in "days".  Just like in the bible.  Tyson showed how first it was molten rock, then oceans, then sea creatures, then land animals, etc with humans being last.  Just like in the bible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you ever read the bible and then compare it with what people say, you would see that people have claimed those vague words about creation were exactly the same as whatever they happened to run across that they wanted to prove -- while others who also claimed to believe in the literal word of the bible shouted equally loudly that they were wrong.

If we are to accept that the bible is the literal truth, the first step should be to get the bible believers in 100% agreement on what the literal truth really is.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Have they attached it to a ape hip they found 40 ft away and called it a transitional ape-man yet or are they trying not to do that sort of thing anymore?  
I do enjoy the geologic times being pushed back farther.  The evolutionists didn't have enough time to get apes to turn into men as it was, each time the find something "older" it gets worse.  They just can't stand that in the beginning God made them male and female and they willfully forget God's flood destroyed the earth, wiping out species and men.  The fossils they're finding aren't millions and millions, rather, a bunch of stuff mixed up and buried together thousands of years ago.  I wonder what they'll do if they find a jaw bone in a layer "100,000,000" years old?  They'd say a species identical to man evolved and went extinct.  Some already teach identical species could have evolved numerous times, evolution really is that ridiculous.  Anything to deny plain reality we've been Created.  Molecules don't self-organize into information and "selection" from a deteriorating gene pool doesn't help.
View Quote

I will admit that I am not an expert on the subject, but duuuude, I don't think you are even trying.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I think it was the one that survived.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder if we can ever figure out WHICH species we came from?

I think it was the one that survived.

Lol

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Have you seen what we did the wolf over the last 40k years or so?

http://d3o47n6kn1r59u.cloudfront.net/images/dogbreeds/large/Shih-Tzu.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I garuntee you it will eventually come out mostly modern humans are atleast 1.5 million years old and that we didnt come from the monkeys they think we came from. Not saying we didnt come from monkeys. I am saying mostly modern humans go back much farther then they think they do. there is just no way that all of the variations of modern humans happened in 200K years.

Aint happening.

Nope.

Have you seen what we did the wolf over the last 40k years or so?

http://d3o47n6kn1r59u.cloudfront.net/images/dogbreeds/large/Shih-Tzu.jpg

Hesrightyouknow.jpg

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#38]
I bet the evil Atheists placed it there to test our faith.

gwitness will be here soon to tell us all about it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Tom cruise put that there
View Quote

Brian Williams was there to vouch for him.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If you ever read the bible and then compare it with what people say, you would see that people have claimed those vague words about creation were exactly the same as whatever they happened to run across that they wanted to prove -- while others who also claimed to believe in the literal word of the bible shouted equally loudly that they were wrong.

If we are to accept that the bible is the literal truth, the first step should be to get the bible believers in 100% agreement on what the literal truth really is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about we get religionists in general on the same page?

I see no compelling reason to believe any particular religion's creation story over any others. None of them are supported by actual facts.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

First off, if you want accurate scientific reporting of the confidence of the findings I'd suggest reading the actual paper.

Every fossil that is found is a "missing link" or is "groundbreaking" according to the news.
Every technological advance is "amazing" and "could lead to a revolution" according to the news.
Every speculative hypothesis which is backed up by zero observations in theoretical physics "possibly can redefine everything we know" according to the news.

No one wants to read a headline that says "an interesting but minor archeological find occurred today" or "new unsupported theory which seems unlikely to be substantiated by experiments or observations is proposed".

Its like like how every gun in an "assault weapon" even if its airsof, every gun safe is an 'arsenal', and every 50 cal ammo can with a few boxes of random calibers is "hundreds of rounds of ammunition".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
what gets me.

is they say all this amazing shit, then you see what they found and its always like a jawbone and a finger bone.

yet they knew that was the bone of a watapotomus and they can tell you everything about it down to its favorite color.

Post of the thread.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Wait wait wait wait wait.

So the climate changed, and humans adapted?  WTF? I'm assured by the Al Gore types that any shift in climate will practically make us go extinct.

Climate change is BAD and has and will always be BAD. We can't ADAPT to that shit! We'll all DIE!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

If one was found, it wouldn't be missing any more, would it?

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was really getting into that article when I realized that this 'artifact' was planted by Jesus as a test of my faith. Well, I for one, passed. The rest of you science lovers will burn in the hell fires if you don't repent.

I laughed too
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wait wait wait wait wait.

So the climate changed, and humans adapted?  WTF? I'm assured by the Al Gore types that any shift in climate will practically make us go extinct.

Climate change is BAD and has and will always be BAD. We can't ADAPT to that shit! We'll all DIE!!!
View Quote

Changing climate is what helped mammals out-compete reptiles.

It's also what very nearly wiped out the human population at one point, the entire human population of Europe was down to something like 20,000, IIRC.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

boom.gif

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Proof?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wrong

Proof?

Was it carbon-dated?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I was really getting into that article when I realized that this 'artifact' was planted by Jesus as a test of my faith. Well, I for one, passed. The rest of you science lovers will burn in the hell fires if you don't repent.
View Quote

Post of the day right here.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top