Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The point I was trying to make is that the legislative argument for banning Pit Bulls will become a reductio as absurdum argument for banning "dangerous weapons".

If you like your Pit Bull, you can keep your Pit Bull. But keep it secured and away from small children. Or old ladies. Or any demographic that has been mauled or murdered by them.
View Quote

Your argument would have more merit if the owners of dogs that maul toddlers and old ladies are punished severely enough to deter other owners from failing to control theirs.

A man with a gun murders a child, he should face the death penalty.  Why should it be any different for those who own dogs?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I own a pit and my dog could possibly be dangerous to children (he's never exhibited aggressive behavior towards other dogs or my friends older children) I won't allow small children around my dog. And I keep him secured in a fenced in yard under supervision or on a strong leash when out to vet trips. I'm hyper paranoid about my dog hurting someone. He's been an amazing dog but i will always have that worry in the back of my mind so I am vigilant.
View Quote

I have to ask, why would you want to own a dog like that?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
same, and it has been successful until this past week.  We will miss him as he has been a great dog until he wasn't.
View Quote

Why did you get a pit in the first place when you could own any other dog?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How does one make a pitbull safe?  Can they be unloaded?  Do they have a safety selector?
View Quote

They can be disassembled (with an ax). Safety selector is activated by a .45 to the brain.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here's wishing a slow painful death for the dogs.
View Quote

Just doing what they are genetically programed to do.  Kill them, but no reason to be cruel.

They aren't like people that have an understanding of what they have done.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Awful news. Those poor little babies.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Ugh...we have some mutual friends. These are not bad people; simply uninformed as to dangers of pits. As a new father of a 10-month old I'm literally sick to my stomach.

Positively haunting. I have no words...
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#8]
God I fucking hate pitbulls
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When I see stories like this I feel saddened for those hurt/killed.

But then the “Should have fucking known, pitbulls have a sterotype for a reason” thoughts usually take over and win.

Is what it is.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ugh...we have some mutual friends. These are not bad people; simply uninformed as to dangers of pits. As a new father of a 10-month old I'm literally sick to my stomach.

View Quote

Uninformed.
It’s horrific for this to happen due to lack of information.
Truly tragic.

People saying how their fur-babies would never hurt a fly are part of that problem.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm praying for those little souls.
I can't imagine the pain. It's a terrible situation.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
RIP to the children. Hate pit bulls. Sad but preventable
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Banning a certain breed of dog is akin to banning a certain type of rifle.

Be responsible. Little kids and loaded guns don't mix. Nor do little kids and large, powerful dogs.

"But my Pit Bull is so sweet and gentle."

So is my AR-15.
View Quote

No. One thing is an inanimate object and one is an animal. This is the most repeated and most idiotic argument one can use. Please stop.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Your argument would have more merit if the owners of dogs that maul toddlers and old ladies are punished severely enough to deter other owners from failing to control theirs.

A man with a gun murders a child, he should face the death penalty.  Why should it be any different for those who own dogs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The point I was trying to make is that the legislative argument for banning Pit Bulls will become a reductio as absurdum argument for banning "dangerous weapons".

If you like your Pit Bull, you can keep your Pit Bull. But keep it secured and away from small children. Or old ladies. Or any demographic that has been mauled or murdered by them.

It should not be.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'd off myself. No way I could have my kids getting mauled swirling around my head. No way.

Poor kiddos.
View Quote
I can't imagine knowing you were responsible for throwing your own children into essentially a living wood chipper.

What a horrible way to die.

Also, the kids were a baby and 2 years old.. where were the parents?

ETA: Damn, mom watched it happen, that has to absolutely take away any desire to live.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They can be disassembled (with an ax). Safety selector is activated by a .45 to the brain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does one make a pitbull safe?  Can they be unloaded?  Do they have a safety selector?

And if the brother can still hang after that we go bigger.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I own a pit and my dog could possibly be dangerous to children (he's never exhibited aggressive behavior towards other dogs or my friends older children) I won't allow small children around my dog. And I keep him secured in a fenced in yard under supervision or on a strong leash when out to vet trips. I'm hyper paranoid about my dog hurting someone. He's been an amazing dog but i will always have that worry in the back of my mind so I am vigilant.

I had recently put down my cat of 17 years. Was looking for another pet and i have a number of friends and coworkers who have pitbulls and pitbulli mixes.

My friend had found a pitbull through Facebook.
A gentleman recently divorced had gotten the dog not realizing he was allergic to dogs.  He had the dog living in his house in a crate.

So my friend was gonna get the dog as a companion to his female pit. It wasn't working out with his female dog as the two combined were to rambunctious for my friends wifes liking.

My friend showed me pictures of the dog and I said I would take the dog over a weekend to see if we got along.

Got the dog in my house and he jumped on my couch rolled over and let me hover over him so that was a plus. Then I fed him from a bowl and got down on all fours next to him and headbutted his head out of the way and stuck my head in the bowl whilst I was growling and pretending to eat his food lol. He just looked at me funny and laid down.

Since then we've been best friends. I recently had quit drinking so the dog was a Godsend and has been my best friend since.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#19]
That story is full of photos of those two beautiful children they allowed their "house lions" to eat.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That story is full of photos of those two beautiful children they allowed their "house lions" to eat.
View Quote

Fucking A Chief.
Fatboy needs to be shot in the tit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
same, and it has been successful until this past week.  We will miss him as he has been a great dog until he wasn't.

When we originally adopted him he wasn't listed as a pit, just as a mix.  As he grew it became very obvious by his appearance that even if he was a mix he was pit heavy.  It wasn't and hadn't been an issue until recently.  We started having kids and moved off a small hobby farm into a neighborhood.  He has always been watched closely and never allowed around the kids on the floor and definitely not unsupervised.  That being said something changed in him this past week.  He has now been completely isolated from everyone and is scheduled to be destroyed Monday.  

I can honestly say it is really hurting us, but we have zero tolerance when it comes to the kids and while he hasn't done anything and has been a great pet up to now we can't responsibly keep him. I also don't feel like it would be responsible to rehome him either.

the whole thing sucks to be honest.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Beautiful family. May they rest in peace. Dad is a fucking moron. My neighbor got a pit. I moved.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good for you, the rare responsible owner.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When we originally adopted him he wasn't listed as a pit, just as a mix.  As he grew it became very obvious by his appearance that even if he was a mix he was pit heavy.  It wasn't and hadn't been an issue until recently.  We started having kids and moved off a small hobby farm into a neighborhood.  He has always been watched closely and never allowed around the kids on the floor and definitely not unsupervised.  That being said something changed in him this past week.  He has now been completely isolated from everyone and is scheduled to be destroyed Monday.  

I can honestly say it is really hurting us, but we have zero tolerance when it comes to the kids and while he hasn't done anything and has been a great pet up to now we can't responsibly keep him. I also don't feel like it would be responsible to rehome him either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did he start doing ?

I'm sorry to hear that, it sucks losing a dog and must suck more to put it down when it's not medically necessary.

Sounds like the right choice in your case though and I commend you for it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Every time I see one of these articles I look at the pictures and cant help but think "Pitbulls are so fucking ugly...their huge mouth, disgusting tiny deep set eyes, the squat body, the lack of long fur", etc
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Jesus, when will people learn...
View Quote

Its very rare.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How long before we decide as a country to exterminate every Pitt in the country.
View Quote

Shit breads.  I’d operate the wood chipper for free.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A firearm has never got up on its own and killed someone.
View Quote

This is a lie. I know many anti gun groups that disagree and they would never lie.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

This may not apply,  but when we went to a no kill rescue shelter to adopt a dog,  we saw a just born puppy that we were told was a black mouth cur.  Never hearing about that breed, we googled it and liked what we read,  and adopted it.   As he got older,  we started realizing it might have had a LITTLE BMC in him,  but he was primarily a pit bull (and probably boxer). We didn't have kids at the time,  so we decided to keep him. We also had a malinois, so we were familiar with how to handle an atypical dog.

Fast forward a few years,  we have kids and the dog gets watched like a hawk and segregated when needed. Our first kid avoided the dog naturally,  so it wasn't too difficult,  but our second kid was always wanting to grab and crawl over our labrador (mal had since died from cancer) so we decided to get rid of the faux black mouth cur just to be safe. Made life less stressful.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I know this won't be very popular here, but I was attacked by a dog as a child and have never been able to trust any of them since. Pitts just seem to reaffirm my fear for myself and young daughter

The parents were irresponsible, but those poor babies didn't deserve this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Be responsible. Little kids and loaded guns don't mix. Nor do little kids and large, powerful dogs.

So is my AR-15.
View Quote

Lol no. Retarded post is retarded. If you take your AR out of the house it can’t randomly decide to attack someone, a pit bull can.

One is an autonomous killer and the other is an inanimate object that is a tool. Do you understand or is too complicated to understand the difference between animal with a mind of its own and a chunk of metal?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Actual feline lions aren't good around kids either.

They are purpose built autonomous killing machines.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Godamn
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How long before we decide as a country to exterminate every Pitt in the country.
View Quote

I’m doing my part, one stray on our side of the property line at a time.

One time it was 3 at a time.  

Don’t feel bad.  Seeing articles like this make me feel even more not bad.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#35]
It isn't only kids those p.o.s. trash dogs kill or maim, everyone is in peril. It's a f'n animal without sense, just like a human, you never know when one will snap and kill, but be always alert and on guard.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#36]
No excuse.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Never.

Everyone thinks "my dog wouldn't hurt a fly!"

Literally all of them.

I don't know any pitbull owners that think "Damn, my dog is fucking dangerous as hell...I'd not let it be around a child."

Not one.
View Quote

At my previous job, there was a girl (customer) who'd come in on a regular basis. She always had her BIG pit bull with her. He was always on a leash, but I didn't give a shit. If he ever decided he wanted to go after someone, there's nothing she could do to hold him back. She wasn't strong enough. Hell, I don't know if I was strong enough; and I'm not a little guy. She looked like she was maybe 5'6", 120lbs.

Anyway, every time she'd come in, I'd go the opposite direction. When coworkers asked why, I always said, "I don't trust animals I don't know. And I especially don't trust pit bulls AT ALL."
"Really? But he's so sweet."
"Yeah, right up to the moment he tries to eat your fucking face. No thanks." I'd follow that up with, "Also, every pit bull attack, EVERY SINGLE ONE that I've read about always had something from the owner like, "They've never done this before", or "They were always so playful and sweet." There's a reason whey they're the #1 breed for attacks and deaths among dogs.....by a BIG margin.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Toledo is the Shitbull capital of the universe. It's the one topic I cannot discuss with close friends.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Those poor kids. May they RIP.
View Quote

It was probably not fast.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#40]
  Horrible story and I am sorry for those of you who know the family.  I am not a fan of those dogs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I would never own a pit or even a pit mix as I’ve read too many stories of them going crazy and attacking. But no matter how poor judgment the father had he certainly didn’t deserve that. There’s nothing on earth a person could do to deserve the loss of their children. I’m praying the mother is able to physically survive this (might be a blessing if she never wakes up though) and that both parents can somehow emotionally survive this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I had recently put down my cat of 17 years. Was looking for another pet and i have a number of friends and coworkers who have pitbulls and pitbulli mixes.

My friend had found a pitbull through Facebook.
A gentleman recently divorced had gotten the dog not realizing he was allergic to dogs.  He had the dog living in his house in a crate.

So my friend was gonna get the dog as a companion to his female pit. It wasn't working out with his female dog as the two combined were to rambunctious for my friends wifes liking.

My friend showed me pictures of the dog and I said I would take the dog over a weekend to see if we got along.

Got the dog in my house and he jumped on my couch rolled over and let me hover over him so that was a plus. Then I fed him from a bowl and got down on all fours next to him and headbutted his head out of the way and stuck my head in the bowl whilst I was growling and pretending to eat his food lol. He just looked at me funny and laid down.

Since then we've been best friends. I recently had quit drinking so the dog was a Godsend and has been my best friend since.
View Quote
Sounds like a fantastic plan. If he decided to latch onto your face when you were on all fours, what was the next brilliant plan?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sounds like a fantastic plan. If he decided to latch onto your face when you were on all fours, what was the next brilliant plan?
View Quote

I know in hindsight it wasn't the wisest thing I've ever done. Look I'm not gonna apologize for owning a pit, it is what it is.I pray the good Lord takes those children in his arms and the Mother of the children makes a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Should be open season on pitbulls.
With a bounty.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I suspect a lot of people who have pitbulls secretly like having them because they think they are a strong and badass dog. They might not openly state that because they don't want to appear like a gangbanger / city thug, but deep down they like the idea their dog can be a fucking beast. Kinda like people who have an unhealthy obsession with Nazi paraphernalia and German superiority. Right until it kills your only kids.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Shit fucking parents putting those trash fucking dogs around those kids.

Pit bulls should be eradicated
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sounds like a joy to own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never.

Everyone thinks "my dog wouldn't hurt a fly!"

Literally all of them.

I don't know any pitbull owners that think "Damn, my dog is fucking dangerous as hell...I'd not let it be around a child."

Not one.

Sounds like a joy to own.

Yeah.  

Fuck getting a golden retriever or any of the countless other breeds that aren’t the leading cause of fatal dog attacks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I’m doing my part, one stray on our side of the property line at a time.

One time it was 3 at a time.  

Don’t feel bad.  Seeing articles like this make me feel even more not bad.
View Quote

Well done sir.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

if this is true, they are the only people on the planet without this knowledge.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So is my AR-15.
View Quote

I disagree. False equivalency.  

Pit bulls act independently.  They have brains and instincts.

Guns are inanimate objects.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top