Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like these shitbulls were owned and raised by a decent couple. So anyone claiming the "its how you raise them" BS narrative can eat shit.  Someone please post the meme with all the dog breeds doing what they were genetically bred to do, then the pitbull picture.  Eradicate every last one of them things.  You can't have a pet lion without having permits and shit, same should apply to pitbulls.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What did he start doing ?

I'm sorry to hear that, it sucks losing a dog and must suck more to put it down when it's not medically necessary.

Sounds like the right choice in your case though and I commend you for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
same, and it has been successful until this past week.  We will miss him as he has been a great dog until he wasn't.

Why did you get a pit in the first place when you could own any other dog?
When we originally adopted him he wasn't listed as a pit, just as a mix.  As he grew it became very obvious by his appearance that even if he was a mix he was pit heavy.  It wasn't and hadn't been an issue until recently.  We started having kids and moved off a small hobby farm into a neighborhood.  He has always been watched closely and never allowed around the kids on the floor and definitely not unsupervised.  That being said something changed in him this past week.  He has now been completely isolated from everyone and is scheduled to be destroyed Monday.  

I can honestly say it is really hurting us, but we have zero tolerance when it comes to the kids and while he hasn't done anything and has been a great pet up to now we can't responsibly keep him. I also don't feel like it would be responsible to rehome him either.

the whole thing sucks to be honest.

What did he start doing ?

I'm sorry to hear that, it sucks losing a dog and must suck more to put it down when it's not medically necessary.

Sounds like the right choice in your case though and I commend you for it.
He growled at my son for no reason as he and my wife were coming up the stairs, second time and for no reason.  We weren't sure the first time was a growl but the second was unmistakable and just odd, no hair raised and he just looked different.  That night he was sitting next to me on the couch and again, and it's hard to describe, just like a different animal moved in.  The next am he went after our Great Dane, never had an issue with each other for six years and again this was unprovoked and very odd for him.

He had a full check up the week before and got a clean bill of health so we don't think it's a medical issue or anything like that.  

Either way, I fear for the safety of my family around him at this point but I feel like a piece of shit at the same time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to pray for the parents. I'll restrain myself from making any remarks on that

My prayers are for those 2 beautiful children.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Pitbulls are popular in a child free culture. Society emphasizes doing what you want without regard for others or children, even your own.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Banning a certain breed of dog is akin to banning a certain type of rifle.

Be responsible. Little kids and loaded guns don't mix. Nor do little kids and large, powerful dogs.

"But my Pit Bull is so sweet and gentle."

So is my AR-15.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#7]
It's just how you raise them, Basset Hounds eat kids all the time too

Seriously tho, I will never for the life of me understand why on gods green earth anyone would get a fucking Pit for a family dog, It's retarded
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Every pit bull should be wiped of the earth
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Your Ar15 won't suddenly react to an inherent genetic dispensation to attack and kill helpless innocent humans all by itself.
View Quote

That's been argued many times on here. Can't fix stupid, as they say.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Every pit bull should be wiped of the earth
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
same, and it has been successful until this past week.  We will miss him as he has been a great dog until he wasn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never.

Everyone thinks "my dog wouldn't hurt a fly!"

Literally all of them.

I don't know any pitbull owners that think "Damn, my dog is fucking dangerous as hell...I'd not let it be around a child."

Not one.

I own a pit and my dog could possibly be dangerous to children (he's never exhibited aggressive behavior towards other dogs or my friends older children) I won't allow small children around my dog. And I keep him secured in a fenced in yard under supervision or on a strong leash when out to vet trips. I'm hyper paranoid about my dog hurting someone. He's been an amazing dog but i will always have that worry in the back of my mind so I am vigilant.

It takes one moment, with sweet little Ravager, to go from two kids to no kids.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw the other thread on this too.  A couple of members know the family.

Really horrifying stuff.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Never.

Literally all of them.

I don't know any pitbull owners that think "Damn, my dog is fucking dangerous as hell...I'd not let it be around a child."

Not one.
View Quote

Totally agree they always show pics of them with their kids cuddling the dogs as proof the dogs are safe. No one has ever said, yep I knew it was just a matter of time before my dog ate some kid.

1. Obviously, your dog cuddling with kids means very little to nothing
2. No one has bred two pitbulls and said these are the weakest two dogs I could find. Giant weak pussies, I am going to start a new type of Put. No they breed for aggression, strength and courage and athleticism.

I think like many things now people use those dogs for virtual signalling. I am an uber dog lover because I have these two rescue pits. We have a bunch of engineers and other liberals who suddenly are interested in Pits rough estimate is maybe 10 Pits rescued by various people at work. I wish them luck. I refuse to acknowledge them in our Social Dogs Slack channel though.

They are typically the same folks that wanted people to stop calling husbands and wives husbands and wives instead spouse or partner. Mothers and fathers are parental figures. sister and brothers are siblings. Luckily our CEO is a no nonsense kind of guy and said nope not doing that. He also refused to proclaim black lives matter. Pretty good for a company originally in San Francisco.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Be responsible. Little kids and loaded guns don't mix. Nor do little kids and large, powerful dogs.

So is my AR-15.
View Quote

Nope- there is not some 56th Amendment guaranteeing the right to keep and house pitbulls. Just not even remotely the same.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#15]
WT living F.

What a terrible situation.
Could have been avoided is what makes it worse.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When we originally adopted him he wasn't listed as a pit, just as a mix.  As he grew it became very obvious by his appearance that even if he was a mix he was pit heavy.  It wasn't and hadn't been an issue until recently.  We started having kids and moved off a small hobby farm into a neighborhood.  He has always been watched closely and never allowed around the kids on the floor and definitely not unsupervised.  That being said something changed in him this past week.  He has now been completely isolated from everyone and is scheduled to be destroyed Monday.  

I can honestly say it is really hurting us, but we have zero tolerance when it comes to the kids and while he hasn't done anything and has been a great pet up to now we can't responsibly keep him. I also don't feel like it would be responsible to rehome him either.

the whole thing sucks to be honest.
View Quote

If you knew the dogs would someday hurt your children or another’s the choice would be easy. Since you don’t in fact know it’s difficult. From one father to another you are making the right decision. A shitty decision to be faced with, but I believe you’re doing the right thing.
Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It sounds like these shitbulls were owned and raised by a decent couple. So anyone claiming the "its how you raise them" BS narrative can eat shit.  Someone please post the meme with all the dog breeds doing what they were genetically bred to do, then the pitbull picture.  Eradicate every last one of them things.  You can't have a pet lion without having permits and shit, same should apply to pitbulls.
View Quote

This, this, and double this!
Pit lovers are just as bad as commies, change my mind.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So is my AR-15.
View Quote

Your argument is retarded as fuck, guns don't have a mind of their own, and therefore do not have and cannot act on their own freewill. Don't make stupid ass comparisons.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I’ve never understood how people let their small children “play” with dogs.  When our kid was first born, our dog was 8 yrs old.  I let the dog smell the kid when we first brought home, but I didn’t let her do much more.  I was always protective and never left the two unattended.  I trusted that dog and she was a great, loving companion, but why risk it with an animal.  Even our current dog at only 20lbs, I would not let her around small children.  Just one tug on the ear, stepping on a paw, yanking a tail (kids don’t really know any better) and it could illicit an attack that could really injure or kill.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I had recently put down my cat of 17 years. Was looking for another pet and i have a number of friends and coworkers who have pitbulls and pitbulli mixes.

My friend had found a pitbull through Facebook.
A gentleman recently divorced had gotten the dog not realizing he was allergic to dogs.  He had the dog living in his house in a crate.

So my friend was gonna get the dog as a companion to his female pit. It wasn't working out with his female dog as the two combined were to rambunctious for my friends wifes liking.

My friend showed me pictures of the dog and I said I would take the dog over a weekend to see if we got along.

Got the dog in my house and he jumped on my couch rolled over and let me hover over him so that was a plus. Then I fed him from a bowl and got down on all fours next to him and headbutted his head out of the way and stuck my head in the bowl whilst I was growling and pretending to eat his food lol. He just looked at me funny and laid down.

Since then we've been best friends. I recently had quit drinking so the dog was a Godsend and has been my best friend since.
View Quote

With all due respect why would you do this? I love my dog I have had dogs all my life.  Anyhow,  I would NEVER use my face, neck, head to mess around with a dog especially with food. You are so lucky man- in an instant most dogs can do some damage to your face, ears, neck etc.

Some dogs you get them excited by screaming and yelling at all the blood and pain and now it is a game to them. So now they are biting at you, you are bleeding and maybe crying from the immense pain.                                                   -
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Wonder if the parents will blame the kids

Very sad
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I suspect a lot of people who have pitbulls secretly like having them because they think they are a strong and badass dog. They might not openly state that because they don't want to appear like a gangbanger / city thug, but deep down they like the idea their dog can be a fucking beast. Kinda like people who have an unhealthy obsession with Nazi paraphernalia and German superiority. Right until it kills your only kids.
View Quote

We've had a lot of folks buy them at work or get them from rescues- They are all fairly woke and they for the most part seem to do this so they can appear to be the nerd elite of the rescue world. They are the ones mostly likely to say- Did my dog get rescued by me or did he/she rescue me? Or I woke up the other night and I was thinking- I have rescued a Pit that no one wanted because they are "bad" dogs and I drive a Tesla- I was wondering - could I possibly be one of the greatest people in the San Francisco bay area?

Then the obligatory name change ceremony - I decided to name my male Pit Bull- Constance or perhaps Twinkle. I want to change the perception of these noble friends. They will also have friends that are so woke who think it is wrong to have pets. They will sit at a company party have a few beers and argue their side for 20 minutes then ultimately say some stuff like- Look we disagree man but we both want what is best for this planet and I love you man.

Then the mandatory pics of Constance the 400 lbs of muscled male Pit is wearing a tutu and a cheap tiara.  I ask you all does "he" look like a threat?

Loathsome humans.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Dang I can't imagine the pain. I wonder if the mom can even mentally recover from that, seeing and hearing your kids being killed and being powerless to stop it.  

Fuck those dogs, wife didn't understand my hatred for that breed until I read her stories like this
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I wouldn't let any dog be alone or unsupervised with children.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus, when will people learn...

Never.

Literally all of them.

Not one.

Exactly.

Everyone blames the dogs.  Yes, their breed was specifically designed to cause damage and death.

SAME DAMN THING FOR FIREARMS!

The children's deaths were a result of an irresponsible pet owner.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#26]
But they're so sweet and cuddly - until their not

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#27]
This is the kind of thing that will scar you for life. Even if the mother survives, she will never fully recover after witnessing the grisly scene of her kids being mauled by two dogs...and neither would I.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, that’s silly.
Our Golden’s aren’t ever going to dangerous. To anyone.
Our GSD/Great Dane mix? He’s dangerous as hell to you, if you’re a threat.
But he’s smart enough, and he’s bred to know who our kids are, and he would die protecting them.

The reality is that some breeds are good in families, some are not.
Pit Bulls are not. Period.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#29]
One of the most concerning things about pits is once their attack button has been pressed, there is no turn off.
In most dogs, once the perceived threat is gone they will calm down, with pits once they decide to attack they don’t stop.
Look at the instances where a pit has gone after everyone, not just the person or animal that initiated the attack, but ever one trying to stop it, even the owners and those that care for the dog are at risk.
They go berserker and nothing short of deadly force will end it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Feral animals have no place in a civilized society & should be put down...
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I suspect a lot of people who have pitbulls secretly like having them because they think they are a strong and badass dog. They might not openly state that because they don't want to appear like a gangbanger / city thug, but deep down they like the idea their dog can be a fucking beast.
View Quote

Of course they do.  That is why the majority of PB's are named Dozer or Caesar or Diesel instead of Sam or Spot.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Those parents are dumb fucks.

How many data points do these fucks need?

Two kids gone in horrific fashion for what?  So the parents could satisfy some little man / little dick syndrome?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
One of the most concerning things about pits is once their attack button has been pressed, there is no turn off.
In most dogs, once the perceived threat is gone they will calm down, with pits once they decide to attack they don't stop.
Look at the instances where a pit has gone after everyone, not just the person or animal that initiated the attack, but ever one trying to stop it, even the owners and those that care for the dog are at risk.
They go berserker and nothing short of deadly force will end it.
View Quote

Yep. They had those dogs a long time. The kids were outside throwing a ball and one of the bastards ran and attacked the little girl. Jumped up and snapped her neck, and the the other one dragged the baby off and then when the mother was trying to stop them, one of them mauled her and tore her shit up. She is in a coma right now. I assume medically induced

This thing sucks and I'm still sick about it. These aren't thug ass people you would normally associate with pit bulls. This has fucked with me alot today

Eta:  I'm not saying only thug people own pits. I just mean that is what many think because they are thugs dog of choice. I don't want that taken the wrong way.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Those parents are dumb fucks.

How many data points do these fucks need?
View Quote
Everyone on social media told them it was just a big anti-PB conspiracy by the MSM and those poor puppies needed their help.  Just like people do here.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Around here they are the dog of choice for convicted felons who can't buy guns.  
Owning a pit bull should be probable cause for drug search.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#36]
The Uncle posted this to Social media recently.

Just an update on my nephew and his wife. As of yet there are no funeral arrangements for the kids. Kirstey is still in the hospital with an uncountable amount of stitches and bite marks over her entire body including her face. Both arms and legs are bandaged/wrapped up completely. As of now it looks like there isn't any permanent damage other than a heart that will never heal. Kirstey is a f&cking hero! This attack lasted over 10 minutes and she never gave up trying to save these babies. Now all of us, family and friends,  have to rally around both of them and show them how much they are loved . I don't know if there can be a healing process but hopefully we can ALL find a way to cope with this tragedy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
He growled at my son for no reason as he and my wife were coming up the stairs, second time and for no reason.  We weren't sure the first time was a growl but the second was unmistakable and just odd, no hair raised and he just looked different.  That night he was sitting next to me on the couch and again, and it's hard to describe, just like a different animal moved in.  The next am he went after our Great Dane, never had an issue with each other for six years and again this was unprovoked and very odd for him.

He had a full check up the week before and got a clean bill of health so we don't think it's a medical issue or anything like that.  

Either way, I fear for the safety of my family around him at this point but I feel like a piece of shit at the same time.
View Quote

Don’t feel that way. You’re doing the right thing. That right thing often isn’t easy to do. Think of how you’d feel if your son or wife was serious injured or died because you wanted to pretend like the danger wasn’t there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#38]
I hope the dogs ripped that cunt’s uterus out so she can’t breed again. Too bad the POS dad didn’t get his nuts ripped off while his furbubbies ripped his children apart
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Around here they are the dog of choice for convicted felons who can't buy guns.  
Owning a pit bull should be probable cause for drug search.
View Quote
Same.

But I also see hipster moms in their 30s who live in $500K+ houses getting drug around by their block-head "rescue" time bombs regularly here.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Everyone blames the dogs.  Yes, their breed was specifically designed to cause damage and death.

View Quote

Oh look, another one.  Avatar checks out.  

Wonder how long until your kid gets eaten?

Maybe we should @ the guy who ended up shooting a pit in his hallway in the middle of the night as it tried to eat his teenage daughter. He’s taken it in weeks before and everyone warned him…but he knew better.  

Also, my AR was designed and built to shoot MOA at 300m.  It’s never killed anything, other than paper spots.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Those kids should not have paid the price for their retarded parents.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well, that’s silly.
But he’s smart enough, and he’s bred to know who our kids are, and he would die protecting them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that’s silly.

My golden is deadly dangerous

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So is my AR-15.
View Quote

Damn, first page. Sounds dumber every time I read it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Seems redundant to put pit bull in the title. It's not like we all didn't know.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#45]
No one has said “nanny dogs” yet?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Exactly.

View Quote

No.  

Just stop.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#47]
What boggles my mind is they had those dogs for eight years or longer, and the dogs were fine... until they weren't.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I hope the dogs ripped that cunt's uterus out so she can't breed again. Too bad the POS dad didn't get his nuts ripped off while his furbubbies ripped his children apart
View Quote
And may karma visit you sooner than later
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#49]
The babies probably cried in an aggressive manner. Really its the babies fault. Those poor pitbulls.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never....

Pitbull are absolutely delusional and nothing will ever change that.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top