BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Class E required to drive livery in NY...never heard of that, had to look it up.
View Quote
NY class E wouldn't cut it. Dude needed a minimum of a class C CDL with a passenger endorsement.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Most stretch limousines are kept in service for 10 years, or more. Top tier companies keep theirs for about 5-6 years, then sell them downstream.
Same applies to tour buses (sleepers and coaches), aircraft, etc.

17 years on a limo is a lot of freaking years, but I am not surprised that a tiny 2-4 vehicle service has just that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck kind of fly-by-night outfit keeps a 2001 model vehicle in service in 2018? Especially in commercial passenger service with the road conditions we have up this way??? Was this another Chinese/Asian bus company or what?
Most stretch limousines are kept in service for 10 years, or more. Top tier companies keep theirs for about 5-6 years, then sell them downstream.
Same applies to tour buses (sleepers and coaches), aircraft, etc.

17 years on a limo is a lot of freaking years, but I am not surprised that a tiny 2-4 vehicle service has just that.
Most Asian tour operators actually have newer stuff.
Motor coaches are good for 20+ years. If maintained well they can go a million+ miles, as they share many of the same components as a semi.
And aircraft are good until they accumulate too many flight hours or cycles.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The owners house.

More info on the guy.
Link
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

NTSB guy said there are federal regs covering these stretch conversions.  I 'spect brake capacity and weight limits are addressed by those regs.  Assuming it was a legal conversion, anyway.
View Quote
I can't imagine having the ability to do a conversion of that magnitude and then skimping on the regs.  It is amazing that the entire vehicle was carried by two axles.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wonder if he skipped out as soon as the accident happened?

If Paki's won't extradite, nuke wherever they think he is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WRGB (CBS6 News) now reporting that the cheapskate Muzzie limo owner is out of the country and is in.... wait for it... PAKISTAN.

State authorities have seized all vehicles owned by the limo company.
Wonder if he skipped out as soon as the accident happened?

If Paki's won't extradite, nuke wherever they think he is.
His life expectancy may not be that great now that it's been widely reported he was an FBI informant...
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
NY class E wouldn't cut it. Dude needed a minimum of a class C CDL with a passenger endorsement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Class E required to drive livery in NY...never heard of that, had to look it up.
you are probably right, DMV page said E for taxi/limo but given the size and number of passengers yeah..it's basically a bus.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
His life expectancy may not be that great now that it's been widely reported he was an FBI informant...
View Quote
yeah..that seems like the kind of thing you'd keep under wraps.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Not for long, I'd bet.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
you are probably right, DMV page said E for taxi/limo but given the size and number of passengers yeah..it's basically a bus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the vehicle is designed to transport 16 or more passengers including the driver, and it's run in commercial service, dude needed a class C CDL with P endorsement. That's federal law. NY law has nothing to do with it at that point.

This is from page 107 of the 2014 CVSA manual:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#11]
"Informant" I do not think that word means what you think that word means.

He is an operative. He has no information.

He is sent in to get some people doing something illegal, so his owners can arrest, charge, prosecute, convict and look like heroes in the media.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Schenectady-based WRGB Now reporting that the limo owner is in Pakistan.

Yes, Pakistan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New York State Police said the owner of the limo company is out of the country. I bet he doesn't come back.
Schenectady-based WRGB Now reporting that the limo owner is in Pakistan.

Yes, Pakistan.
Yeah, he's not coming back.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If the vehicle is designed to transport 16 or more passengers including the driver, and it's run in commercial service, dude needed a class C CDL with P endorsement. That's federal law. NY law has nothing to do with it at that point.

This is from page 107 of the 2014 CVSA manual:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/472753/B4284778-C464-4C37-85B5-E6CF3273F879-698507.JPG
View Quote
Yeah, makes sense. I was just looking at NYS DMV, I think of federal DOT being only Class 8 stuff but yeah, that covers it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I read in the other thread he's in Dubai. I bet since the driver is dead he will say that he didn't have permission to drive the out of service limo to cover his ass.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Looking at the Ford application guide for chassis cab shuttle buses the highest GVWR for a single rear wheel vehicle is 10,050 lbs.
There is no way in hell that the 3/4ton Excursion with that amount of stretch and 18 people on board weighed in at that weight.

https://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/Shuttle%20Bus-2014_LoRes_Rev.pdf
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"Informant" I do not think that word means what you think that word means.

He is an operative. He has no information.

He is sent in to get some people doing something illegal, so his owners can arrest, charge, prosecute, convict and look like heroes in the media.
View Quote
Father of the scumbag that shot up pulse in Orlando was an FBI informant too...
His house is literally 5 blocks away from mine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Not anymore.

His next house is likely barred with three squares a day.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

"He became an F.B.I. informant after being charged in 2002 with a scheme involving taking money to illegally help people in the Albany area get driver’s licenses."

Sounds like a real stand-up guy . . .
View Quote
Gee, who was running the FBI in 2002???
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#19]
A 2-3 limo operation in nowheresville upstate must be MIGHTY profitable.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The capital region isn’t exactly the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not for long, I'd bet.
View All Quotes
I doubt he ever returns (at least not with that identity).
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#22]
That Excursion probably had a turning radius of Rhode Island.

Also, if the brakes were standard factory fare, there is no way they were up to snuff for a vehicle that size and GVWR.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Edit: nevermind, wrong spot.

The website for Prestige Limousine is saying it's not them and fake news fucked up the name of the outfit.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Cuomo on the hook for this one too.   After a fatal Limo accident on Long Island in 2015 an investigation was done and the panel made several recommendations for the governor to have implemented.  He did nothing and 20 people died.  It may be that his indifference may have killed more people in NY than have been murdered by AR15's.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#25]
What's this about a extreme downhill, trucks not allowed because it would cook their brakes?

Any chance the driver rode the brakes all the way down the hill, in a vehicle much heavier than the factory intended it to be, until the brake pads vaporized and the brake fluid boiled?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What's this about a extreme downhill, trucks not allowed because it would cook their brakes?

Any chance the driver rode the brakes all the way down the hill, in a vehicle much heavier than the factory intended it to be, until the brake pads vaporized and the brake fluid boiled?
View Quote
That’s what it looks like to me but it seems that GD wants to spin a Muslim conspiracy theory.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That's what it looks like to me but it seems that GD wants to spin a Muslim conspiracy theory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what it looks like to me but it seems that GD wants to spin a Muslim conspiracy theory.
Disasters don't just happen; they're triggered by a chain of critical events.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Of course that’s very likely. Or mechanical failure due to lack of maintenance. There are lots of hills around there. Some steep long grades. Good way to combine everything together and you get a disaster like this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Edit: nevermind, wrong spot.

The website for Prestige Limousine is saying it's not them and fake news fucked up the name of the outfit.
View Quote
The company has the same name, Prestige Limousine, and three other names apparently: Chauffeur Service Saratoga, Luxury Limousine and Hasy Limousine.

All operating out of the same address.

Looks like Chauffeur Service Saratoga is shut down and I couldn't find Luxury Limousine (to ambiguous), but Hasy Limousine is getting slammed on Yelp. People are outright calling them murderers in the reviews!
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The company has the same name, Prestige Limousine, and three other names apparently: Chauffeur Service Saratoga, Luxury Limousine and Hasy Limousine.

Looks like Chauffeur Service Saratoga is shut down and I couldn't find Luxury Limousine (to ambiguous), but Hasy Limousine is getting slammed on Yelp. People are outright calling them murderers in the reviews!
View Quote
Screenshot the caches before they're history.

99.9% this was mech failure due to bad/no maintenance BUT since it's a muzzie / Bureau sting financed outfit the MSM & gp0pgle will memory hole it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Prestige Limo says fake news wrong company! I'm sure they are going to sue.

Message on their website.
http://prestigelimony.com/
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

99.9% this was mech failure due to bad/no maintenance BUT since it's a muzzie / Bureau sting financed outfit the MSM & gp0pgle will memory hole it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already happening. The link to Hasy from Yelp is dead, and google can't find the page on Saratoga that I saw earlier.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Somehow the American taxpayer will get stuck with the settlements.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#35]
There's also a Prestige Car Service (totally unrelated) in NY that is getting caught up in the confusion.
Owner is doing damage control on Yelp, but ratings are taking a hit.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
The pics you posted of the bus and the limo were taken in front of the legit company's nice office. With a big garage behind it.

The "Prestige Limousine" company that owns the limo that crashed is a dump, run out of a motel.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you look up their address on google street view, the guy put his vehicles out, took photos, then submitted the images to google.  You can tour his whole setup that way.

Might not be that company, but they do have a vehicle like the one that crashed....
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#38]
"It has been reported that the limousine in question was owned and operated by a business from Gansevoort, New York, also named Prestige Limousine, a business with which we have no connection whatsoever. To our great shock and dismay, I learned that it was reported on one of the network news morning programs that the owner and operator of the limousine involved was our business, Prestige Limousine Service, and that an image of our website was also broadcast, with the logical result and intended effect that we were responsible for the accident and the resulting deaths. This news story and any other news story implicating our business are false."

Sounds like pretty fair grounds for a lawsuit against the news whores.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#39]
I'd been thinking that Rochester was a little far afield to be doing a local trip in the capital region. Gansevoort is significantly (3 hours) closer to the crash site. I'm inclined to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, temporarily anyway.

Have any of the the news reports given a definite ID on the business? Town, address maybe?

-

ETA: A quick Google on "Prestige Limousine Gansevoort NY" brings up several reports listing the company and location. Seems like the guy in Rochester is gonna make some lawyers rich.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That’s what it looks like to me but it seems that GD wants to spin a Muslim conspiracy theory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such a theory would have been spun even if the crash didn't happen.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Company is out of Saratoga area.   Saratoga kind has a reputation for wealth ie horse racing set and fancy pants stuff.  The limo travelled to a nearby county, a redneck one at that, for the job.

Gansevort is not in Saratoga but could service easily.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can travel down Pikes Peak using minimal brakes.  At about the halfway point you have to stop and have your brakes checked for over heating.  Mine are noted as cool.

Engine/transmission braking with braking as appropriate before shifting gears down is the key.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I can travel down Pikes Peak using minimal brakes.  At about the halfway point you have to stop and have your brakes checked for over heating.  Mine are noted as cool.

Engine/transmission braking with braking as appropriate before shifting gears down is the key.
View Quote
Are you an unlicensed limo driver in a questionably serviced 17 year old vehicle?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
 Are you an unlicensed limo driver in a questionably serviced 17 year old vehicle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More to the point, do you have any idea what it takes to operate a heavy, oversize vehicle in hilly terrain? It's a little different than your average Subaru.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#47]
I thought it impossible to cram so much full on retardation into one sentence, and yet here we are.......

To the current working hypothesis compiled by the SVR about this mysterious limousine assassination plot that killed 20 Americans, this report concludes, is that in no way whatsoever could these deaths have occurred due to blunt force trauma in the vehicle itself, as the physical damage that would have had to occur in such a vehicle crash would be beyond catastrophic, and would have left it in literal pieces—but whose most likely explanation is that these deaths occurred from a timed chorine gas bomb attached to this vehicles’ ventilation system that would have incapacitated everyone instantly, and left them dead in less than 2 minutes, and that all traces of (except in the victims lungs) would dissipate when this vehicles doors would have been opened by emergency personal—and whose most obvious reason for was to present President Trump with an horrific terrorist attack just weeks before his nation’s critical election that he’d be blamed for—but that couldn’t have been accomplished without the full knowing of “Deep State” elements with the FBI, who are currently battling Trump to the death as more of their vile crimes are being exposed by the day.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Having a specific license has zero relevance to being able to use the method I described.

"Questionably serviced" means nothing other than buzz words to slam the business.  At this point I have not heard of a mechanical problem (such as a license plate light being out) being a contributor to the accident.

Maybe it was mechanical, or driver incapacitation or deliberate...or caused by an external source.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#49]
BAN LIMOS!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#50]
The engine block was pushed back into the drivers compartment. (1:20)

New details on limo crash that killed 20
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top