BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought it impossible to cram so much full on retardation into one sentence, and yet here we are.......

SNIP
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I thought it impossible to cram so much full on retardation into one sentence, and yet here we are.......

SNIP
Really? Red wall of text? I have burn-in on my retinas.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
'Their cars are junk... he didn't want to drive that day!' Stepson reveals limo driver's safety fears hours before he was one of 20 killed in horror crash.

The stepson of the limo driver killed in a deadly crash alongside his 17 passengers and two pedestrians on Saturday, has revealed he had been reluctant to get behind the wheel that day.

More
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Having a specific license has zero relevance to being able to use the method I described.

"Questionably serviced" means nothing other than buzz words to slam the business.  At this point I have not heard of a mechanical problem (such as a license plate light being out) being a contributor to the accident.

Maybe it was mechanical, or driver incapacitation or deliberate...or caused by an external source.
View Quote
Did your momma drop you on your head when you were little? Having the specific license means that you at least have half a clue as to what to do in this situation. The method you keep pushing will not work in this specific situation. Heavily loaded oversize vehicle, automatic transmission, 7 or 8% grade with a T at the bottom.

Im not after giving you a hard time, pal. But I do this shit for a living, in the service area where this wreck happened. I know that class of vehicle, I know that road, and I know what I'm talking about.

-

edit for spelling...
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
'Their cars are junk... he didn't want to drive that day!' Stepson reveals limo driver's safety fears hours before he was one of 20 killed in horror crash.

The stepson of the limo driver killed in a deadly crash alongside his 17 passengers and two pedestrians on Saturday, has revealed he had been reluctant to get behind the wheel that day.

More
View Quote
"Prestige lists its address as Crest Inn Suites & Cottages in Gansevoort, which serves as transitional housing. Crest Inn resident, Laken Prosser, 31, said Hussain once kept limos at the business, which he also runs. He echoed Richards' statements about the state of the cars. 'There were like four or five limos. They were junky, very very junky. I know they let people drink alcohol and do drugs in them because I found drugs in them,' said Presser, who said he occasionally cleaned the cars.

WTF? Halfway house for ???
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"Prestige lists its address as Crest Inn Suites & Cottages in Gansevoort, which serves as transitional housing. Crest Inn resident, Laken Prosser, 31, said Hussain once kept limos at the business, which he also runs. He echoed Richards' statements about the state of the cars. 'There were like four or five limos. They were junky, very very junky. I know they let people drink alcohol and do drugs in them because I found drugs in them,' said Presser, who said he occasionally cleaned the cars.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More

Drug users if I had to guess.

Rehab and half way houses are becoming big business, albeit shady as fuck.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did your momma drop you on your head when you were little? Having the specific license means that you at least have half a clue as to what to do in this situation. The method you keep pushing will not work in this specific situation. Heavily loaded oversize vehicle, automatic transmission, 7 or 8% grade with a T at the bottom.

Im not after giving you a hard time, pal. But I do this shit for a living, in the service area where this wreck happened. I know that class of vehicle, I know that road, and I know what I'm talking about.

-

edit for spelling...
View Quote
they run a traditional vacuum booster or a hydroboost?  Gas engine I'm assuming.   I lost the pump on a hydroboost truck once, it's disconcerting to lose brake and steering assist all at once.  They still work but you need to get your hulk on in order to make any rapid moves...and this limo was at least 2x as heavy as a 1 ton diesel.

Poor bastard driver probably knew he was proper fucked for a while before the impact.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Aaaaand someone is getting sued into oblivion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aaaaand someone is getting sued into oblivion.
If Cuomo told me s$%t was brown I would not believe him.  Having said that, it would not surprise me if a Paki business was shady and skirting the law.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

-

edit for spelling...
View Quote
Assume complete brake failure.  No places to rub against to reduce speed.  No runaway truck ramps.  What do you do?

I used the technique with an automatic.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#10]
only 17 died at stoneman douglas.  so.....  do we ban limos?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
In what? Your mom's Prius? I'm telling you, E-brake will not stop that much mass on that grade. And the transmission's just gonna shift up when it's ready.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Something does not add up.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Where is the hub? These things have twin I beam front ends in a 2 wheel drive... Where is the hub/rotor?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I think it was said somewhere that there was still debris down there from previous other wrecks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I doubt he ever returns (at least not with that identity).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I doubt he ever returns (at least not with that identity).
This...I doubt he'll be back
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#16]
The lug nuts sheared? It's a spare?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This...I doubt he'll be back
View Quote
Umm...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
Owner or the son in law who was running it?  2 days ago the owner was in Pakistan and his lawyer was in talks with the DA.  I would be shocked if he came back so soon.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Son of limo company owner connected to horror crash that killed 20 is arrested and will likely face criminally negligent homicide charges

Nauman Hussain, the son of the owner of the limousine company behind Saturday's crash that killed 20, has been arrested

The son of the owner of the limousine company behind Saturday's horrific crash that killed 20 people in upstate New York has been arrested.

Nauman Hussain was taken into custody on Wednesday morning.

Lee Kindlon, the attorney for Prestige Limousines, believes Hussain will be charged with multiple counts of criminally negligent homicide in connection with the crash.

He was arrested during a traffic stop on Interstate 787.

New York State Police said charges are pending at this time.

Hussain manages the day to day operations of the company, which is owned by his father Shahed.

Shahed Hussain is currently in Pakistan for a medical operation, according to Kindlon.

Kindlon said Shahed has 'signaled his willingness' to return to the US to aid the investigation. It remains unknown if he will face charges.

DailyMail.com exclusively revealed on Monday that Shahed, 62, fled to the US from Pakistan in the 1990s after he was accused of murder.

He began working as an FBI informant after he was caught running a dangerous DMV scam which helped immigrants cheat on their driver tests.

Kindlon said Hussain has been in charge of the company while his father is away.

'The owner of the company has been away for a couple of weeks and he spends time both here and overseas,' Kindlon told Good Morning America on Tuesday.

More
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#20]
DM gives about 20x more info than domestic "journalists"
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Who goes to Pakistan (shit hole country) for a medical procedure?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Prophylactic prisonectomy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Shahed, apparently.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Prophylactic prisonectomy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
And, who goes back to a (shit hole) country that you fled from because they were going to charge you with murder?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And, who goes back to a (shit hole) country that you fled from because they were going to charge you with murder?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Paklistan?   Everyone who can.

We forget the Awans already?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Limo driver's widow says he previously expressed concerns about the state of the vehicles before it crashed and killed 20 people - as it's revealed he was cited for driving the limo without a proper license just weeks beforehand.

The widow of the limo driver who was killed alongside 19 others in a horrific crash in upstate New York said he had complained about the company's vehicles in the past.

Scott Lisinicchia, a long-haul truck driver, worked part-time for Prestige Limousines.

He was behind the wheel of a modified 2001 Ford Excursion stretch limo when it blasted through a stop sign at a dangerous intersection and crashed on Saturday.

And Kim Lisinicchia said her husband had complained about the cars he was asked to drive for Prestige, where he worked for more than a year.

'There were a few times where I overheard him say, "I'm going not to drive this, you need to give me another car"', Kim told CBS News on Thursday.

'They should have been more responsible. You have a company where you have people's lives in your hands. That's unacceptable.'

But Kim said her husband trusted the limo company when it assured him that the cars were alright to drive.

'I feel for the victims, I am in no way trying to make it seem like its about me or my husband,' she added.

'I just want my husband to be vindicated...I have to stand by him 'cause nobody else will.'

Lisinicchia's record has come under scrutiny after the crash, with New York Gov Andrew Cuomo revealing he did not have the proper license to operate the limo.

'I don't know what that's about,' Kim said when she was questioned about the license.

'Because...even if he didn't have the proper license, this still would've happened and I feel like he still would have been blamed.'

Keith Lisinicchia came to the defense of his twin brother on Monday, saying that he 'always kept his license up'.

'It was a CDL (commercial driver license). I know that he always made sure that it was valid and was in order,' Keith told WRGB.

But on Wednesday it was revealed that Lisinicchia was cited for operating the same limo without a proper license by a state trooper in August.

Lisinicchia was pulled over on August 25 after transporting 11 passengers in the Ford Excursion in Saratoga Springs.

Although Lisinicchia had a CLD-A license, which allowed him to drive trucks, he did not have the necessary permit required to drive a car capable of carrying more than 15 passengers, according to the Albany Times Union.

The Department of Transportation was made aware of the citation, as was Nauman Hussain - who runs Prestige Limousines with his father Shahed Hussain.

More

On Wednesday it was revealed that Lisinicchia (pictured picking up a wedding party in 2017) was cited for operating the same limo without a proper license by a state trooper in August
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Talk about bad luck one family lost 4 daughters and another lost 2 sons.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Just two days before the crash, the company listed the 2001 Ford Excursion for sale on Craigslist for $9,000 (pictured)

Andrew LaRose (pictured) said he and his wife rented the same limo that was involved in Saturday's horror crash that killed 20. LaRose said the vehicle belonged in a scrap yard'.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lug studs sheared? That's an aluminum wheel... the studs would have wrecked the wheel.
I've seen cheap aftermarket wheels go on trucks that tow heavy and the Lug stud holes get bagged out real bad. Studs won't be affected at all.
Those wheels were resilient unlike some aftermarket wheel companies.

Spares were steel.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#31]
What It Was Like for 17 People Packed Inside New York Limo That Crashed

Limo involved in deadly crash failed safety inspection

Wife of driver involved in fatal limo crash says he "trusted" car company
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Lug studs sheared? That's an aluminum wheel... the studs would have wrecked the wheel.
I've seen cheap aftermarket wheels go on trucks that tow heavy and the Lug stud holes get bagged out real bad. Studs won't be affected at all.

Spares were steel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spares were steel.
It's a conspiracy then.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Limo driver's widow says he previously expressed concerns about the state of the vehicles before it crashed and killed 20 people - as it's revealed he was cited for driving the limo without a proper license just weeks beforehand.

The widow of the limo driver who was killed alongside 19 others in a horrific crash in upstate New York said he had complained about the company's vehicles in the past.

Scott Lisinicchia, a long-haul truck driver, worked part-time for Prestige Limousines.

He was behind the wheel of a modified 2001 Ford Excursion stretch limo when it blasted through a stop sign at a dangerous intersection and crashed on Saturday.

And Kim Lisinicchia said her husband had complained about the cars he was asked to drive for Prestige, where he worked for more than a year.

'There were a few times where I overheard him say, "I'm going not to drive this, you need to give me another car"', Kim told CBS News on Thursday.

'They should have been more responsible. You have a company where you have people's lives in your hands. That's unacceptable.'

But Kim said her husband trusted the limo company when it assured him that the cars were alright to drive.

'I feel for the victims, I am in no way trying to make it seem like its about me or my husband,' she added.

'I just want my husband to be vindicated...I have to stand by him 'cause nobody else will.'

Lisinicchia's record has come under scrutiny after the crash, with New York Gov Andrew Cuomo revealing he did not have the proper license to operate the limo.

'I don't know what that's about,' Kim said when she was questioned about the license.

'Because...even if he didn't have the proper license, this still would've happened and I feel like he still would have been blamed.'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/10/15/4924564-6261219-image-a-16_1539183560498.jpg

Keith Lisinicchia came to the defense of his twin brother on Monday, saying that he 'always kept his license up'.

'It was a CDL (commercial driver license). I know that he always made sure that it was valid and was in order,' Keith told WRGB.

But on Wednesday it was revealed that Lisinicchia was cited for operating the same limo without a proper license by a state trooper in August.

Lisinicchia was pulled over on August 25 after transporting 11 passengers in the Ford Excursion in Saratoga Springs.

Although Lisinicchia had a CLD-A license, which allowed him to drive trucks, he did not have the necessary permit required to drive a car capable of carrying more than 15 passengers, according to the Albany Times Union.

The Department of Transportation was made aware of the citation, as was Nauman Hussain - who runs Prestige Limousines with his father Shahed Hussain.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/10/06/4909988-6259395-image-a-11_1539149830276.jpg

More

On Wednesday it was revealed that Lisinicchia (pictured picking up a wedding party in 2017) was cited for operating the same limo without a proper license by a state trooper in August
View Quote
Driver is 100% responsible for the safety of the vehicle if he thinks it's unsafe to drive. Period. If he was a truck driver with a valid CDL then he absolutely knew that. He has a significant amount of responsibility for the wreck and if he didn't have a valid license to drive one, he 100% knew that also.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Scanner Audio from Broadcastify:
Part 1: Starts at 17 minutes in
Part 2
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#35]
They asked family members for dental , jewelry, and tattoo info to identify the deceased. Wtf happened to them ? The limo seems to be intact ...
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They asked family members for dental , jewelry, and tattoo info to identify the deceased. Wtf happened to them ? The limo seems to be intact ...
View Quote
Have we seen more photos of the vehicle? I suspect it’s in worse shape than the few of it being towed out show.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Have we seen more photos of the vehicle? I suspect it’s in worse shape than the few of it being towed out show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every photo I've seen is of the right rear 2/3 of the vehicle, no idea what it looks like from the other side. Or the front.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Every photo I've seen is of the right rear 2/3 of the vehicle, no idea what it looks like from the other side. Or the front.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have we seen more photos of the vehicle? I suspect it's in worse shape than the few of it being towed out show.
The engine was pushed into the drivers compartment. The front third to half is totally FUBAR.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s bad.   The interior photos are horrific
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
link ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#41]
And the plot thickens: "QUEENSBURY — Andrew Ratto has long wondered whether the luxury Bentley sedan in the bay of his auto repair business, and potentially one of its owners, were involved with the suspicious July 2013 fire that destroyed the Queensbury auto shop."

Former shop owner questions possible limo owner link to fire
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
In what? Your mom's Prius? I'm telling you, E-brake will not stop that much mass on that grade. And the transmission's just gonna shift up when it's ready.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've driven plenty of auto trans vehicles down steep grades and never had one upshift while engine braking.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Son of limo company owner connected to horror crash that killed 20 is arrested and charged with criminally negligent homicide

Hussain's girlfriend and brother Shahyer (pictured) appeared visibly upset as they left Troop G headquarters in Albany on Wednesday. They were in the car when Hussain was arrested.

Hussain will be arraigned this evening. While he currently only faces one charge in the 20 deaths, there is a possibility that he could face additional charges in the future after the case is sent to the Schoharie County District Attorney's office.

His girlfriend and brother Shahyer appeared visibly upset as they left Troop G headquarters in Albany around 1pm on Wednesday. They were in the car when Hussain was pulled over and arrested.

More
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#44]
The son is out on $150K bond.

Nauman Hussain (L), the son of the operator of a limousine company that owned the vehicle involved in a crash that killed 20 people in upstate New York, leaves court with his lawyer Lee Kindlon (R) after posting bond.

Nauman Hussain was taken into custody on Wednesday morning and charged with criminally negligent homicide.

More
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Shahed Hussain is currently in Pakistan for a medical operation, according to Kindlon.
View Quote

Edit

took out a laughing emoji
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#46]
The owners sons house he was living in.

Link
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Link
View Quote
So what were they doing to pull in that kind of coin? Drug / illegal / terrorist /  gov payroll?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have these been made public?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#49]
The brother has good taste in paintball markers.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So what were they doing to pull in that kind of coin? Drug / illegal / terrorist /  gov payroll?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link
All the above
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top