Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Was an Amazon delivery driver for a touch. One of the most dangerous jobs I ever had. Turns out guns getting pulled on delivery drivers by homeowners is real common. Like 2-3 times a week common in my AO. Whenever it happens the homeowner gets a lifetime ban from Amazon.

At this point I will not approach a house unless the homeowner has specifically invited me. And their standing in the doorway waving at me while were talking on the cell phone.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#2]
It would be normal in West Virginia…
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:36:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Stupid comment is stupid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So she pulled in the wrong driveway and he started blasting?  What was his screen name here?

No it's not after reading  comments by some of the posters here. Some of the posters here are just looking for the slightest excuse to shoot someone.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If only the cops woulda shown up to the wrong address first.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:37:41 AM EDT
[#5]
There seems a rash of these; or more reporting of a more common event. The plot within the Manchurian Candidate seems awfully real these days. Truth is stranger than fiction.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:44:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Send the POS shooter to the electric chair ASAP.  What a worthless asshole.  Girl's dad should do the needful, and make him suffer....Law Abiding Citizen style
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 3:06:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Another dipshit homeowner exiting his house and shooting someone that didn’t need to be shot.

View Quote

But the homeowner mustve been blinded by the headlamps of the car.. so its totally justified!
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 3:11:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Needs more information.  "Wrong house" eh?  I'm betting that's not all the story.
View Quote

This post won’t age well.

The girl was shot inside her car.

What was so important for the homeowner to go outside and shoot at the car for?

Anything?

@thekill

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 3:12:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Dude only shoots people in a car leaving
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 3:22:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There seems a rash of these; or more reporting of a more common event. The plot within the Manchurian Candidate seems awfully real these days. Truth is stranger than fiction.
View Quote

Could just be people in rural areas are watching and reading the news lately and seeing criminals from the cities are branching out to homes in rural areas more .

It's happening in CT more and more

Some small towns use to be safe but now we have hood rats driving out of the cities targeting homes where it was never done before .

Firing at a car that was retreating is dumb but who knows what the chain of events were  . He watches them for a while parked in his driveway
in front of his home in the middle of the night in an area that is so rural it doesn't even have cell service .

Best course would have been to just stay inside armed but keep watching . He made the stupid mistake of going outside to confront the car .

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Press conference -sheriff saying they got lost and encountered this nut. 10pm saturday night, out on the boonies, car drives up a long rural driveway. His face looks blotched red probably piss drunk that saturday night and paranoid

This being NY the amount of 'guns' comments on local news sites are as expected. This state has the toughest gun laws, use of firearms laws and duty to retreat laws.

Don't we do a story like this every so often? someone lost, late night, car approaches very rural area not expected, homeowner expects the worst, paranoria sets in, maybe drunk, and decides the rural thing to do is send some shots downrange

Arrest in Hebron shooting death - Press Conference

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#12]
What's the guys username?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:32:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Another dipshit homeowner exiting his house and shooting someone that didn’t need to be shot.

View Quote

Exactly he deserves life in prison for that idiocy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No it's not after reading  comments by some of the posters here. Some of the posters here are just looking for the slightest excuse to shoot someone.
View Quote

God help someone who believes any of the bullshit spread here, ESPECIALLY about gun laws.

People will be shown facts, the truth, and refuse it, continuing to spread sometimes dangerous bullshit.

No dude you're wrong, here's the link to the BATFE regulation and four court cases that established the bounds of this regulation, you're spreading something that's completely not true and legally wrong ... next thread that same guy is spreading the same wrong information.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:36:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What's the guys username?
View Quote

interesting isn't it. anytime similar shootings happen folks always ask "whats the username" I seem to remember plenty of GD trespassing tales similar, no shots fired but they came out guns ready for a shootout and then we all laugh when the person turns and runs

I think what happened is similar to other incidents. Lost persons drive up long rural driveway, paranoid "GDer" , comes out brandishing gun, lost people see this and freak out turn tail and run, homeowner takes this as sign of guilt and failed burglary attempt and send a few shot towards them as saying "you got caught buddy don't try no tricks here"
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So how does the sheriff know what type of family she came from?
View Quote
In Ny Post article Sheriff said he knows the family.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:39:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Shooter's name is Moynahan
Moynahan is an Irish name
The Irish are drunks
Therefore the shooter was a drunk.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Years ago a friend and I hiked a remote mountain in NH.

Afterwards, he said "I think my cousin said his new house is on a nearby road on the backside of the mountain.  If you don't mind stopping, I'll stop in for a minute just to say Hi."

After a few  "I think it's this house- no, it's this one", I watched him walk up to a house that turned out to be the wrong one, thinking driving up to remote homes and knocking is probably a good way to be shot.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Her father works for him as a corrections officer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:41:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Assuming that's the whole story, who the fuck shoots at a leaving car.
View Quote

Several years ago in my town, a car turned around and so much driveway in the occupants of that home got in their car and followed them and shot them.

Of course I'm in a ghetto Dallas suburb so what do you expect?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha.  Reading iz hahd
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm interested in why the sheriff refused to talk about the  weapon used.  He's claimed to be pro 2a, and anti-safe act, so I'm curious if he's trying to keep   it from being another evil black rifle story.
View Quote

This is quite possible.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Boomers being boomers.[/img]
View Quote

Careful

Tragic story.

My bet is that the guy is a degenerate drunk living by himself, probably never had strangers come to his trailer late at night before, in his drunked stupor he imagined that someone was outside stealing something out of his yard ... decided to pop-off a few rounds towards the city hoodlums he'd been hearing about on TV and, it all ends tragically for everyone involved.

Statewide city politicians will politicize it.

State and national media will sensationalize it.

The little girl's family is crushed but ... they'll be used by both of the above.

And dumbfucks on message boards will make distasteful cracks about it thinking they're funny which makes all of us look bad in situations like this.

That little girl is dead.  I've got three daughters and two granddaughters so far  ... if this had happened to one of mine, I'm not sure what I would do.  I don't even wanna think about it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Several years ago in my town, a car turned around and so much driveway in the occupants of that home got in their car and followed them and shot them.

Of course I'm in a ghetto Dallas suburb so what do you expect?
View Quote
English please.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Once again, exiting your home gun first to greet whomever is pulling into your driveway or walking up to your front door is not lawful under any circumstance.

If you're that afraid of what's outside, simply remain inside your home and dial 9-1-1.  If someone forces their way into your home you are typically justified to use deadly force at that point.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He lived up to the very stereotype of what someone lost in the country would be afraid of happening.
View Quote

No offense, but for those that live in pretty remote areas, anybody in my driveway after dark is a suspect unless they called me ahead of time or it was a cop car with lights on. I'm not advocating for what the homeowner did, but with how crime has continually been picking up, it's not a stretch to say this homeowner was concerned for his life. We also don't know if he's had any other "unexpected visits" in the past.

Hell, the homeowner could be a meth dealer/supplier for all we know. Or he could have been drunk watching old reruns of X-Files with a loaded gun.  

It's a shitty situation and sad loss of life, but this type of tragedy is a feature of our current Marxist system, not a glitch.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#27]
If you're that serious about not wanting people on your property, put up an 8 foot fence and gate.

Not even a jury on GD is going to let that guy skate unless there's a lot more to the story.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So she pulled in the wrong driveway and he started blasting?  What was his screen name here?

Is it? Have you read the comments above yours?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#29]
That's straight up murder.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No offense, but for those that live in pretty remote areas, anybody in my driveway after dark is a suspect unless they called me ahead of time or it was a cop car with lights on. I'm not advocating for what the homeowner did, but with how crime has continually been picking up, it's not a stretch to say this homeowner was concerned for his life. We also don't know if he's had any other "unexpected visits" in the past.

Hell, the homeowner could be a meth dealer/supplier for all we know. Or he could have been drunk watching old reruns of X-Files with a loaded gun.  

It's a shitty situation and sad loss of life, but this type of tragedy is a feature of our current Marxist system, not a glitch.

ROCK6
View Quote

This is what I think, as well. People are sick of crime, they're determined not to be victims, and as a result, there will be more unfortunate cases of collateral damage like this one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If you're that serious about not wanting people on your property, put up an 8 foot fence and gate.

Not even a jury on GD is going to let that guy skate unless there's a lot more to the story.
View Quote
^This. If you can't afford a fence put a chain and lock across the driveway between 2-4x4 or 6x6 posts buried in the yard on either side, or one of those tubular steel cattle gates. Leave just enough space at the end of the driveway for someone to do a 3pt turn, those rural roads are usually about a lane and a half wide with virtually no shoulder into 5ft deep ditches on either side.

I'm shocked that "Upstate New York" was correctly identified in this news story, usually anything north of Poughkeepsie is listed as Upstate.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This lines up with what I've been hearing from the people I know up that way as well. That this isn't the media trying to twist things and there isn't some obfuscated portion of the story.
View Quote
It's pretty sad that we have to pry apart the bullshit story the media is slinging so often that the one rare time they may be accurate with the limited information that it isn't recognized nor believed.

What the hell is it with these kids that all of a sudden can't find shit and can't call/text/msg their friends and have to go knocking on doors?  Is the phone generation getting too dumb to use phones now?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not wrong.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Once again, exiting your home gun first to greet whomever is pulling into your driveway or walking up to your front door is not lawful under any circumstance.

If you're that afraid of what's outside, simply remain inside your home and dial 9-1-1.  If someone forces their way into your home you are typically justified to use deadly force at that point.
View Quote

Much of GD seems terrified of a knock on the door after 5pm in the winter
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's pretty sad that we have to pry apart the bullshit story the media is slinging so often that the one rare time they may be accurate with the limited information that it isn't recognized nor believed.

What the hell is it with these kids that all of a sudden can't find shit and can't call/text/msg their friends and have to go knocking on doors?  Is the phone generation getting too dumb to use phones now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This lines up with what I've been hearing from the people I know up that way as well. That this isn't the media trying to twist things and there isn't some obfuscated portion of the story.

Did you read the part of the story that said there was no cell phone coverage? And they did not knock on the door they were shot as as they were driving away. According to Post story.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which GD poster are we missing?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In 2023 it’s not a stupid comment, it’s spot on gor this site.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Dude felt she disrespected him and his property, so he had to get it on. Fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.

Not saying it was the right thing to do, but I can certainly see it happening.

Dark, rural area so limited PD presence, no cell coverage, crime going through the roof?  Folks are on their own to protect the house and anything short of blue/red lights is a threat.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This is what I think, as well. People are sick of crime, they're determined not to be victims, and as a result, there will be more unfortunate cases of collateral damage like this one.
View Quote

Collateral damage?

The word you are looking for is murder.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That certainly explains why he's being kept at the adjacent counties jail.

WTF. when I heard he worked for the sheriff, you gotta be kidding me

The report is that the kids were looking for a friends house for a party but they didn't get out of the car or talk to him, they got to near his house which is up a long road past a unattached garage to the main house, where I suppose they realized this wasn't it and turned around and was driving away when he came out on his porch and sent at least 2 shots at the fleeing car

wtf.

some people want to talk about NY and all don't realize how some NY rural hill people are "not much different than the south" This is the first time someones shot at a trespasser, but I know up north around there and northern saratoga county theres been a few incidents of guns brandished on people in the rural parts the sheriffs arrested some people over the years
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Shitbirds come in all flavors.  Did she have a sawzall in her hand and was coming out from underneath the car? Was she part of the team?  Driver, thief, and over watch?  Are there bullet holes in his house from their direction?

The event as described indicates a terrible shoot.  And the media sure as fuck isn’t going to present the whole truth if it doesn’t fit their narrative.

But you can’t take anyone’s word anymore because the truth means nothing to people.

It’s best to wait for evidence.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You guys are embarrassing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know the problem the media has when it cries racist is it makes it hard to believe when the media calls teens innocent.

This

You guys are embarrassing.

Did you take the medias word about the sandman kid and their word on what happened to rittenhouse?

The media and most journalists are known liars.  Your first thought should be that the whole truth has not been presented. If you take what they say at face value… well, that’s just a poor idea.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This post won’t age well.

The girl was shot inside her car.

What was so important for the homeowner to go outside and shoot at the car for?

Anything?

@thekill

View Quote

Was she or her friends pointing a gun at the homeowner?

If not then fuck him.

But we don’t know and unfortunately can not rely on the news to present all the information.   We don’t have his statement.

Any one of us in a justifiable self defense shooting should not say anything to the police except “I need to go to the hospital for medical care”.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#45]
yea some of the original story seemed lacking. A media person asked the sheriff how far off were they from where they were supposed to be. He said he didn't exactly know but it wasn't that far.

The kids apparently had no idea where they were going. They apparently didn't have GPS or the gps was messed up. I'd assume they were looking for a big party someone told them to go to and they didn't know where the fuck they were going and maybe were already drinking on their way there.... who knows but we know for sure they have no fuckin clue where they were supposed to be
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That certainly explains why he's being kept at the adjacent counties jail.

WTF. when I heard he worked for the sheriff, you gotta be kidding me

The report is that the kids were looking for a friends house for a party but they didn't get out of the car or talk to him, they got to near his house which is up a long road past a unattached garage to the main house, where I suppose they realized this wasn't it and turned around and was driving away when he came out on his porch and sent at least 2 shots at the fleeing car

wtf.

some people want to talk about NY and all don't realize how some NY rural hill people are "not much different than the south" This is the first time someones shot at a trespasser, but I know up north around there and northern saratoga county theres been a few incidents of guns brandished on people in the rural parts the sheriffs arrested some people over the years
View Quote

It's happened before- same general area

https://cbs6albany.com/news/local/deputies-driver-picked-the-wrong-driveway-was-shot-at-by-homeowner
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#47]
"I told my wife — we live in an area that’s wooded and somewhat secluded — if there’s ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here or walk out, put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house.”
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm interested in why the sheriff refused to talk about the  weapon used.  He's claimed to be pro 2a, and anti-safe act, so I'm curious if he's trying to keep   it from being another evil black rifle story.
View Quote

You may be right.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on..
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Mental health and some are just wired tight these day.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top