Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought a 2016 Trail Premium w/ KDSS last week.

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Per the manual this is why they recommend 10 miles of 4x4 driving a month. Keeps it fresh
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife has a 2010 4Runner. 160,000+ miles. Just scheduled maintenance.
New front wheel bearings at 100,000

Last week it wouldn't go into 4wd. The 4wd actuator inside the transfer case bit the dust. $3,000 repair. Did some online reading, this is the "Achilles heel" of the Toyota 4wd system; a common problem.

Otherwise it's been a great vehicle. Kinda cramped if you're a big person, tho

Per the manual this is why they recommend 10 miles of 4x4 driving a month. Keeps it fresh

The actuator stuck on my 2006.  I was able to fix it with a couple of raps with the rubber mallet, and an oil change for the transfer case.  I now religiously exercise 4WD once a month at least.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Just bought a 2014 Barcelona red trail with kdss on Dec 26. with 17,000 on the odometer.  I researched for over a year. I couldn't be more thrilled with it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Supposed to snow here Friday; will be a great opportunity to christen the new Trail on some snowy mountain forest roads

Hopefully I'll have some post worthy pictures then, all I have so far is one potato pic of it barely fitting in my garage
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, I fent earlier than I thought  I was going to, but some things just lined up too nicely to pass it up.

Just came home with a dark grey 2016 Trail, got it below invoice. 2 miles on it this morning, 115 now.

Guess now the customization disease will begin...

View Quote

Congrats!!
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top