Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
What the fuck
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Salah!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Fucking VAR giveth, and VAR taketh away.

Scrap the damn system.  Its as arbitrary as split second reffing decisions ever were.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Trent with a  banger!

Scared the shit out of my dog in celebration
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Really doesn't help my team but USA USA USA
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really doesn't help my team but USA USA USA
View Quote

CP10 and Cobra Kai with early bangers!

KTBFFH
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Zouma on the scoresheet again.

This is going to get out of hand.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like CHO as a wingback. He’s certainly lacking defensively compared to James, but with a back 3 you don’t need him to be as defensive, Azpi is there for defensive cover. And going forward he’s exponentially better than James.

While technically a 3-4-3, they play more like a 5-5 with Kova/Jorgi/Kante sitting back and Chilly/James/CHO joining the attack. When it works it’s some of the most enjoyable football to watch. But when it goes wrong it goes completely wrong.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I started feeling bad for Palace so I changed to the US vs Sweden game to see how the game was going and flip back and forth but the wife is exerting pressure to keep it on the NT

Pulisic is the only saving grace to her.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I started feeling bad for Palace so I changed to the US vs Sweden game to see how the game was going and flip back and forth but the wife is exerting pressure to keep it on the NT

Pulisic is the only saving grace to her.
View Quote

Hopefully she stuck around for the 2nd half of CP10’s brace
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hopefully she stuck around for the 2nd half of CP10’s brace
View Quote

Nope missed it but we were tending to my dog who scratched his foot on something and was bleeding.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Last week, Chelsea showed us how NOT to play a man down.

This week, Leeds gave a master class on how you play a man down, and doing it against City only makes it that much more impressive.

Wowsers
View Quote

Regional rivals
They are a hoot to watch

Look at this stat sheet

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Refs and var fuck it up again

They missed rashford getting clipped from behind and smacked in the face

But deny the goal cuz Son got an inadvertent face tick after holding McTominay

3 minutes later Spurs score.

Are any EPL refs on international duty?

Fuvk no is the answer because as a group they are fuvking terrible.

Eta

How far back do you go in a build up to find a foul?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't like it.

It was some hand fighting four passes back after Son was effectively out of the play.

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I didn't like it.

It was some hand fighting four passes back after Son was effectively out of the play.

View Quote

I shouldn’t complain about it. I’m sure MU has benefited from a few. But the officiating with VAR is atrocious.

Not too mention players acting out more.

Second half was great football score line aside.

Pogba was fantastic, and Greenwood had found his grove again. Shaw great, Cavani influential.

The away record is crazy, not to mention come back wins.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Solskjær on Son Heung-min: "We shouldn’t be conned. I have to say, if my son stays down for three minutes and he needs his ten mates to help him up, he won’t get any food." #mulive [sky]

Eta

In open minded thought

Pogba fore armed a guy in the face, no foul called. Coulda have been a red.

It’s a wash.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Neymar should have gotta yellow there
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Neymar should have gotta yellow there
View Quote

Flopping?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Well damn.

Hopefully Liverpool will dig themselves out of the hole and keep PSG from winning this one
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well damn.

Hopefully Liverpool will dig themselves out of the hole and keep PSG from winning this one
View Quote

We’re doing our part.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Flopping?
View Quote

Dragged a dude down in the box by his shirt, dramatically threw himself over the guy he fouled, then whined at the ref for not awarding him a penalty.

Round the 27-28 min mark.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn. Let's go Reds!

Stupid work not accommodating Team based requests
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Its been a game of missed opportunities
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Oof.

If Chelsea were to win it that means the 5th place team would qualify for CL?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Zidane still has a chance to win a fourth CL plus another La Liga title. Then he can retire as a winner a second time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Oof.

View Quote

I think if Chelsea wins it but finishes outside the top 4, then PL would have 5 teams in CL next year (top 4 + title holder). If they win it and finish top 4, they’ll only have 4 teams in CL.

I think.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think if Chelsea wins it but finishes outside the top 4, then PL would have 5 teams in CL next year (top 4 + title holder). If they win it and finish top 4, they’ll only have 4 teams in CL.

I think.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oof.

I think.

I believe this is correct

But Chelsea won’t win it.

Theoretically get 6

IF United and CFC win their Euros and finish out side the top 4

Btw 4th place plays first round play in games
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#30]
2-0

Roma next

Cavani in the 6th OG in the 90th

Pogba influential again assisting Cavani. Telles had the cross to Pogbas nod over to El Matadore

Cavani’s last 6 shots ? 5 goals.

I’ve always wanted this guy. He’s a professional goal machine.

Yellow card accumulation kept Shaw, McGuire and McTominay out of jerseys.

Rashford was rested.

BTW Cavani has 50 Euro goals in ..... wait for it...

87 matches
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#31]
EL semis will be interesting.

Arsenal will be facing their sacked former manager.

OGS will be facing the semi-final jinx.

If they both go through, ManU will be interested in silverware but Arsenal will have a stronger incentive going for the lucrative (€€€) Champions' League spot.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
EL semis will be interesting.

Arsenal will be facing their sacked former manager.

OGS will be facing the semi-final jinx.

If they both go through, ManU will be interested in silverware but Arsenal will have a stronger incentive going for the lucrative (€€€) Champions' League spot.
View Quote

One game at a time

MU are playing well, Pogba and Cavani are smoking hot, Greenwood is on his game again.

Fernandes needs a fucking rest btw
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#33]
YNWA  
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I think.
View Quote

That sounds right. I must have been delirious in my grief
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
2-0

Roma next

Cavani in the 6th OG in the 90th

Pogba influential again assisting Cavani. Telles had the cross to Pogbas nod over to El Matadore

Cavani’s last 6 shots ? 5 goals.

I’ve always wanted this guy. He’s a professional goal machine.

Yellow card accumulation kept Shaw, McGuire and McTominay out of jerseys.

Rashford was rested.

BTW Cavani has 50 Euro goals in ..... wait for it...

87 matches
View Quote

Pogba and Cavani have a bond going.

When I watched the game last weekend you could see it.

An engaged Pogba is dangerous
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
YNWA  
View Quote

I remember what today is too.  

JFT96
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
YNWA  
View Quote

Yeah.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Theoretically get 6

View Quote

So I think one of the caveats is max 5 teams per league. If the EL and CL winners both come from the same league and finish outside the top 4 (in the case of EPL, not all leagues have 4 qualifiers), the 4th place team misses out on CL qualification and goes to the EL.

I think.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So I think one of the caveats is max 5 teams per league. If the EL and CL winners both come from the same league and finish outside the top 4 (in the case of EPL, not all leagues have 4 qualifiers), the 4th place team misses out on CL qualification and goes to the EL.

I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theoretically get 6

I think.

You are correct!

Copy pasta from PL :

How does winning UCL/UEL affect qualification?

Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's competition regardless of their league finishing position.

Should a Premier League club win the UEFA Europa League they will automatically qualify for the group stage of next season's UEFA Champions League regardless of their league finishing position.

A maximum of five Premier League teams are eligible for UEFA Champions League qualification.

In the event that a Premier League club win the UEFA Champions League and another win the UEFA Europa League and neither of these clubs finish in the top four of the Premier League, the club lying fourth in the table will drop into the UEFA Europa League group stage.

And I am wrong. All top 4 go to group stage.

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#40]
New Castle doing their part this weekend, by just a hair.  Hopefully West Ham can step up their game in a week's time against Chelsea.

Chelsea really have a tough run in.  City today for FA cup, 3 top-4 teams in the final 7 EPL games (including city), and CL semi's against Real in the mix of all that.  As great as their season has been, it's set up that they may walk away with nothing.  A win today would be huge for them.

Don't get me wrong blues fans.  Chelsea is my team now for the CL, the three others were my least favorite of the 8 that made the quarters.  I'd love to have you make CL next year by winning it this year, we'll take that pesky 4th slot from you.  If only the reds could handle bottom table competition, we'd be set.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
New Castle doing their part this weekend, by just a hair.  Hopefully West Ham can step up their game in a week's time against Chelsea.

Chelsea really have a tough run in.  City today for FA cup, 3 top-4 teams in the final 7 EPL games (including city), and CL semi's against Real in the mix of all that.  As great as their season has been, it's set up that they may walk away with nothing.  A win today would be huge for them.

Don't get me wrong blues fans.  Chelsea is my team now for the CL, the three others were my least favorite of the 8 that made the quarters.  I'd love to have you make CL next year by winning it this year, we'll take that pesky 4th slot from you.  If only the reds could handle bottom table competition, we'd be set.  
View Quote

When I saw Newcastle had pulled out the win I was pretty excited. To their credit West Ham is playing well,and better than expected. I'm curious how well they'll be able to finish with Mikael Antonio out.

Chelsea is the team I'd rather win the UCL as well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

When I saw Newcastle had pulled out the win I was pretty excited. To their credit West Ham is playing well,and better than expected. I'm curious how well they'll be able to finish with Mikael Antonio out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awww...it’s nice to hear all the support, even if it is for ulterior motives.

Big win today. I like our chances against Leicester/Southampton.

KTBFFH
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, Chelsea just knocked Man City out of the FA cup 1-0 and any chance of a quadruple.

ETA: Beat
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#44]
In other news.

Blades locked in their relegation, the Canaries will be promoted
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#45]
In other news.

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
In other news.

View Quote
And they will go right back down like a yo yo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Little sluggish early on
Concede on another corner wtf

Greenwood with a brace, Cavani with the clinch

Pogba and  Rashford really good

And Fuvk  this European Super League bullshit.

These teams should be shamed to tears.

Fuck the greedy pig Glazers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#48]
With the ridiculous amount of money, points and standing lost to injuries this year another competition just seems like more problems unless LeBron/FSG, various shieks and oligarchs are going to splash a ton of cash on rosters and commit to playing kids in the FA/Caribou cups

Ohh shit. Things got real. Superleague teams would be banned from Domestic leagues
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
With the ridiculous amount of money, points and standing lost to injuries this year another competition just seems like more problems unless LeBron/FSG, various shieks and oligarchs are going to splash a ton of cash on rosters and commit to playing kids in the FA/Caribou cups

Ohh shit. Things got real. Superleague teams would be banned from Domestic leagues
View Quote

And players who participate could be prevented from representing their national teams.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And players who participate could be prevented from representing their national teams.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Read the FA’s statement
And FIFA’s

PS

Relegation battles are awesome
Hammers vs Magpies was entertaining and weird
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top