BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 39
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol, a statement from Chelsea on the proposed “super league”

Club statement

I expect one of these form letters from the rest of the teams involved. They’re using the “pandemic” as an some sort of economic rationale, but 2/3 of the teams involved are teetering on the brink of financial ruin (here’s looking at the Spanish & Italian clubs). You’ll notice that Ligue 1 (shit league but whatevs) and Bundesliga both said “no thanks” to to being involved. Relatively speaking the French and German clubs aren’t in the dire financial straits that the biggest Spanish & Italian clubs are.

I think it’s dumb. Legitimate competitions shouldn’t have “founding members” who get preferential treatment regardless of performance. FIFA/UEFA are going to go iron fist on this. If nothing else the whole charade should be entertaining.

ETA looks like all the clubs involved are getting lit the fuck up on social media
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Legitimate competitions shouldn’t have “founding members” who get preferential treatment regardless of performance.
View Quote

Yep.

What is this, the Euro MLS?

Do not want.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:18:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lol, a statement from Chelsea on the proposed “super league”

Club statement

I expect one of these form letters from the rest of the teams involved. They’re using the “pandemic” as an some sort of economic rationale, but 2/3 of the teams involved are teetering on the brink of financial ruin (here’s looking at the Spanish & Italian clubs). You’ll notice that Ligue 1 (shit league but whatevs) and Bundesliga both said “no thanks” to to being involved. Relatively speaking the French and German clubs aren’t in the dire financial straits that the biggest Spanish & Italian clubs are.

I think it’s dumb. Legitimate competitions shouldn’t have “founding members” who get preferential treatment regardless of performance. FIFA/UEFA are going to go iron fist on this. If nothing else the whole charade should be entertaining.

ETA looks like all the clubs involved are getting lit the fuck up on social media
View Quote

Fuck Joel Glazer.

They’ve sucked so much revenue out of MU, and keep pissing about in the transfer market. Fuck that cunt and his whole parasite family.

Top teams are already playing 50-60 matches. What gets sacrificed mid week?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fuck Joel Glazer.

They’ve sucked so much revenue out of MU, and keep pissing about in the transfer market. Fuck that cunt and his whole parasite family.

Top teams are already playing 50-60 matches. What gets sacrificed mid week?
View Quote

Well, if they decide to go forward with it, it sounds like their schedules will be a lot less cluttered, what with being banned from essentially all other competitions. The whole thing is stupid. And Arsenal and Barca have released the same copy/paste statement that Chelsea did. I’ve not seen one comment on the teams’ social media in favor of this proposal so hopefully the idea gets scrapped soon.

ETA more tomfuckery
ManU, Chelsea & Arsenal resign from ECA
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Gary Neville has a 15 min episode on the Premier League on NBC podcast and he spends every second of it ripping the teams involved. It's pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#6]
In other news, The Special One has been sacked by Tottenham

Mourinho sacked ahead of EFL Cup final

Saw a tweet in response to Mourinho’s sacking: “Guides them to Super League qualification and this is the thanks he gets...”.

Pure gold.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Klopp says no to the Super League!

Let's go Reds!

And FSG should rethink their plans
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Saw a tweet in response to Mourinho’s sacking: “Guides them to Super League qualification and this is the thanks he gets...”.

Pure gold.
View Quote

I thought he'd have gotten fired a couple of weeks ago

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Let's go Reds!

View Quote

This is going to be the interesting part, seeing what the players and managers do. If they're not on board, are the clubs going to start sacking managers and selling off players that don't want to participate? Who knows, but this clusterfuck is just getting started.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Mané!
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Let's go Reds!

View Quote

...and if they don't rethink; Klopp to Bayern Munich to replace Hansi Flick? That would be provided Bayern decides to forego the Stupor League in order to get Klopp.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

...and if they don't rethink; Klopp to Bayern Munich to replace Hansi Flick? That would be provided Bayern decides to forego the Stupor League in order to get Klopp.
View Quote

Rummingge already said Bayern will not join the Super League
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything I’ve read says that French and German clubs aren’t interested in it. With all of the backlash, I’m surprised they haven’t already come out and said “our bad, terrible idea, mea culpa”.

It’ll get real interesting if the PL or FA decide to start docking points or otherwise punish the Big 6. Then we’ll see who’s serious about what.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is going to be the interesting part, seeing what the players and managers do. If they're not on board, are the clubs going to start sacking managers and selling off players that don't want to participate? Who knows, but this clusterfuck is just getting started.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's go Reds!

SAF slammed it as well
Though he probably stands to profit from it

Eta

If this thing goes through I wonder how the transfer market is affected

15 teams with mucho geld

A quality player goes on the market, Varane let’s say

Does he command crazy numbers? His agent will be drooling
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#15]
this is a good watch:

IN FULL! Gary Neville & Jamie Carragher on European Super League plans | Monday Night Football
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because of the way German clubs are owned and governed, I was pretty sure this would be the case but had missed KHR definitively stating that. Makes my Klopp scenario that much more conceivable.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:55:56 PM EDT
[#17]
This would make things interesting.

In CL only PSG isn’t involved. EL would be left to Roma and Villareal.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw a tweet in response to Mourinho's sacking: "Guides them to Super League qualification and this is the thanks he gets...".

Pure gold.

If there were fans in the stadium he would have gotten the axe months ago.  I wonder if his contract had some bonus for winning a trophy.  It will be interesting to see who replaces him.  Levy is a twat so I csnt see why any top manager would go there.  They were absolute idiots to sack poch.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Chelsea have withdrawn from the Super League amid protests including fans blocking the team bus.

Henderson calling a Captains meeting.

Pep cut off by Management while discussing his views on the ESL
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like my beloved Chelsea are going to the first of the 12 to fold:

ETA beat by seconds
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Title change to represent the madness
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#22]
reports are Ed Woodward has resigned

City, Barca and Atletico are also bailing
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#23]
The backlash has been glorious.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Atletico and Man City have bailed now, too.

25 seconds

ETA:  Agnelli out at Juventus.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Now buy the team from the bloodsucking Glazers

I got $100

gettin spicy
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I got $100
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I got $100

So, good news/bad news lol. His resignation has been confirmed but it doesn't go into effect until the end of the season.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So, good news/bad news lol. His resignation has been confirmed but it doesn't go into effect until the end of the season.
View Quote

he wont get another transfer season though

he's a lame duck
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Good watch

MAN UNITED OUT OF SUPER LEAGUE!!!! | WOODWARD RESIGNS! GLAZERS TO SELL?! | BREAKING NEWS
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been cooking so I haven't been able to pay as much attention as I'd have liked
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Let me guess...

Elites trying to f*ck other elites in the arse... Haha i get a good laugh...

It was good and dandy when you guys sold your whole leages to oligarchs, chinese tycoons, and middle east terrorist money laundry schemes... Now they are hungry after a pandemic and want to guarantee and control their own interests without trying to rely on old establishments of european aristocrats. And Gary Neville here with crocodile tears... fu*king Gary. How many brits in starting eleven of Utd?

I say let it burn down.... I hope they all bankrupt. They fu*ked all small teams to oblivion for almost 2 decades, i have 0 respect for elite european football anymore.

It is fun to watch the circus though
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Barca is saying they never committed lol
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#32]

'

oh thats excellent stoof!

ill have a rum!
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#33]
50+1

you'll start hearing this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50%2B1_rule

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 4:09:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Liverpool players all updated their social media stuff against the Super League at the same time this afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Liverpool players all updated their social media stuff against the Super League at the same time this afternoon.
View Quote

Yes Reds!
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Let me guess...

Elites trying to f*ck other elites in the arse... Haha i get a good laugh...

It was good and dandy when you guys sold your whole leages to oligarchs, chinese tycoons, and middle east terrorist money laundry schemes... Now they are hungry after a pandemic and want to guarantee and control their own interests without trying to rely on old establishments of european aristocrats. And Gary Neville here with crocodile tears... fu*king Gary. How many brits in starting eleven of Utd?

I say let it burn down.... I hope they all bankrupt. They fu*ked all small teams to oblivion for almost 2 decades, i have 0 respect for elite european football anymore.

It is fun to watch the circus though
View Quote

lolz
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Barca is saying they never committed lol
View Quote

I'm starting to wonder if they didn't have all their ducks in a row and UEFA planning to announce the new CL format today forced them to announce this before they were really ready to do so.

New CL & EL formats announced
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

he's a lame duck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he's a lame duck

Well, more good news/bad news. His resignation has been super confirmed, but he’s not leaving until the end of 2021, so he still gets the summer window.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well, more good news/bad news. His resignation has been super confirmed, but he’s not leaving until the end of 2021, so he still gets the summer window.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he's a lame duck

Sssssssssss
Mourhino makes history. Can not be outdone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Who takes the Palace job first, Lamps or Jose?

Jose is done in England unless he’s willing to go to a mid-table team.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

We make jokes

That sumbitch musta pulled fat bank from the teams that canned him
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Well that was one of the most pathetic displays I’ve seen Chelsea put on.  I hope 2cool comes up with some kind of punishment for passing backwards in practice from the final third.  This shit has to stop.

Also sick of refs letting lower table teams play rugby while holding the elite teams to the letter of the rules.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Florentino Perez is saying teams can’t leave the ESL and that the teams have “made a commitment”.

Florentino Perez (may fuck be upon him)

But the ESL has also confirmed that there was a carve-out for Barca’s “commitment” because Joan Laporta insisted on submitting the proposal to the club’s members assembly for approval.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well that was one of the most pathetic displays I’ve seen Chelsea put on.  I hope 2cool comes up with some kind of punishment for passing backwards in practice from the final third.  This shit has to stop.

Also sick of refs letting lower table teams play rugby while holding the elite teams to the letter of the rules.
View Quote

CP10 isn’t built to take the Hazard treatment week in and week out.

Weird lineup and lot of ancillary tomfuckery going on. The game was delayed because the team bus was blocked by a mob of outraged (and rightfully so) fans.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We make jokes

View Quote

I forget the total that Chelsea paid him for his 2 firings but he’s getting £16M from Spurs
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I forget the total that Chelsea paid him for his 2 firings but he’s getting £16M from Spurs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We make jokes

Just read in The Mirror it was 250k a week until he got another job.

MU was over 10 million
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I appreciate the draw.

And agree on the second part.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Jfc

Trying to read a UK newspaper on line is torture with all the pop ups. Holy fuck.

Best Line Of The Day

“It’s not sport if it doesn’t matter if you lose”

Pep G
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well, more good news/bad news. His resignation has been super confirmed, but he's not leaving until the end of 2021, so he still gets the summer window.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he's a lame duck

Well, more good news/bad news. His resignation has been super confirmed, but he's not leaving until the end of 2021, so he still gets the summer window.
I got happy when I heard this.  Then I got sad because you know it's not going to be someone with football experience that replaces him.  I'll predict right now they hire another investment banker from jp Morgan chase.  

The glazers have to be the worse owners in football.  They havent been to the stadium in what 2 or 3 years.  They havent put a penny into the stadium.  The roof leaks like a sieve but they keep taking those dividends out.  They couldn't possible care any less for the club or the fans.
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top