Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Bought a 2019 Ridgeline RTL-E new for $41,500 and it now has 55,000 miles on it.  Took it in for an oil change in December and dealer offered up $34,500 towards a new one.  Current Ridgeline needs new tires, brakes, trans flush and some recalled items fixed.  The 2022 RTL-E was built last week and we are waiting on a ship date.   Difference in price is just over $13,000 but I saved not putting tires, brakes and some maintenance on the old one.  Since I am trading it in I will also save $2,000 in sales tax.   This will be our third Ridgeline (2007 prior to 2019 model) and it is a great vehicle.  Yes it is an SUV with a small bed in the back, but it has lots of storage and handles great on long road trips.  Wife took it to Atlanta a few weeks ago when the snow hit and it handled the really well and got 31 MPG.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Best response so far^^. Rides better than Tacoma without much sacrifice off-road.

You could always try out to swim for UPENN if you buy a Ridgeline.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Truck frame
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bought a 2019 Ridgeline RTL-E new for $41,500 and it now has 55,000 miles on it.  Took it in for an oil change in December and dealer offered up $34,500 towards a new one.  Current Ridgeline needs new tires, brakes, trans flush and some recalled items fixed.  The 2022 RTL-E was built last week and we are waiting on a ship date.   Difference in price is just over $13,000 but I saved not putting tires, brakes and some maintenance on the old one.  Since I am trading it in I will also save $2,000 in sales tax.   This will be our third Ridgeline (2007 prior to 2019 model) and it is a great vehicle.  Yes it is an SUV with a small bed in the back, but it has lots of storage and handles great on long road trips.  Wife took it to Atlanta a few weeks ago when the snow hit and it handled the really well and got 31 MPG.
View Quote
Hopefully you don't regret giving up that solid 6 speed for the not as solid 9 speed.

I've been debating the same trade lately, as they offered me $32k for my 2019 RLT-T, but I tow a fair bit and that new transmission feels really cheesy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been working on getting one for a while.  When I finally do I'm hoping to get one through the Costco program.  I'm just worried they'll update the interior as soon as I get one.  Let's see what happens for 2023 models.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Tacoma rides so bad the passenger throws up.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Equally equipped.
Which one?
Go!!
View Quote

Is this a joke? Do you light your bowl from the bottom?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get both!    
View Quote

Gen 1 Ridgeline and 2019 4x4 V8 Tundra checking in

I don’t like the new product from either. I say get neither.

I, however, do need a new diesel 3/4 ton.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Tacoma vs Ridgeline? Why not just get a minivan?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Without going deep down the rabbit hole of fan forums, how much to we really know about the upcoming models?

We've seen the global version of the 5th gen Ranger. The chassis is updated and it has fresh skin, but the drivetrain is carryover. Probably not worth the wait.

Do we know anything about the future Colorado? If they aren't moving away from the 8L45 transmission, we know we can just throw the whole truck away.

Tacoma speculation is rampant. We know it's going to TNGA. We can safely guess it's an I4 turbo. With the launch of the Tundra going sideways, that's going to scare a lot of Tacoma buyers.

That leaves the Ridgeline. It just got a mid-cycle refresh for 2021. What are they going to do? Give it a new infotainment system? That's probably not worth the wait.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is most of that any different than the rest of the auto industry?

A whole lot of people are either unable to wait or have been waiting for 2 years. "Normal" isn't coming back.

You are right, normal isn't coming back. But you know what is coming? New generations of all the top sellers. Next year. This isn't like your phone where they come out with these things every year or so.

Need to buy something today? Whatever you can find that doesn't have $5k added onto the sticker price. You don't have the luxury of being picky and leaving it to the GD fanboys to bicker about it.

Don't need to buy something today? Wait, because what's coming next year looks pretty damn good compared to what we have now and there is absolutely zero incentive to pick up anything this year other than it might be available and you have money burning in your pocket that you can't stand being there.

Without going deep down the rabbit hole of fan forums, how much to we really know about the upcoming models?

We've seen the global version of the 5th gen Ranger. The chassis is updated and it has fresh skin, but the drivetrain is carryover. Probably not worth the wait.

Do we know anything about the future Colorado? If they aren't moving away from the 8L45 transmission, we know we can just throw the whole truck away.

Tacoma speculation is rampant. We know it's going to TNGA. We can safely guess it's an I4 turbo. With the launch of the Tundra going sideways, that's going to scare a lot of Tacoma buyers.

That leaves the Ridgeline. It just got a mid-cycle refresh for 2021. What are they going to do? Give it a new infotainment system? That's probably not worth the wait.

I'll keep my 2015 Taco. Better truck engine, [same sucky gas mileage] better transmission. Bug free.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top