Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2017 6:28:42 PM EDT
Damn you Trashcan Gun Loving Asshats.....

Been taking my Serbian M90NP to the range and it has really grown on me. It is a fun KISS rifle. Sure, I got my KISS ARs and other rifles but for some reason. This damn thing is really grabbing my attention. So much so that I want a Galil ACE 5.56 rifle. 

Curse you to hell!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy fucking shit. That pic took forever to load on gigabit internet. That is all.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Never shot a 223 caliber AK

If I had the money I would be all over one of the 6.5 Grendel ones.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Top or left side charging handle would make AK pattern guns so much less trashcan
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Top or left side charging handle would make AK pattern guns so much less trashcan
View Quote
You can get that from Colorado shooting sports.

Pricey though, I prefer a Tromix bolt on myself.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn you Trashcan Gun Loving Asshats.....

http://i.imgur.com/rU81vGf.jpg

Been taking my Serbian M90NP to the range and it has really grown on me. It is a fun KISS rifle. Sure, I got my KISS ARs and other rifles but for some reason. This damn thing is really grabbing my attention. So much so that I want a Galil ACE 5.56 rifle. 

Curse you to hell!
View Quote

I want one, but aren't they like 11lbs, or something?

My M85NP with USMG sidefolder, TWS Dogleg and a HoloSun micro weighs about 7lbs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny, that is the number one reason my left handed self likes AKs more than ARs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I had bought one of those when they were running around...
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I like my 556 AK

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, it may not belong in a trash can.   But if you set it out by the curb it might get dumped in the garbage truck by mistake anyways.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#10]
fuck... I don't hate it...
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#11]
The only thing that stops me from ever buying a trashcan gun is the stories I've read about Project Eldest Son in Vietnam:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Eldest_Son

Captured ammunition was partially disassembled and reassembled with substituted components. Rifle and machine gun cartridges had the smokeless powder replaced with a high explosive of similar appearance which would generate approximately five times the design pressure of firearms. The bolt and pieces of an exploding AK-47 receiver would typically be projected backward into the head of the individual firing the rifle.
View Quote
Could that happen to me? Probably not but MAYBE.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I love that yours takes AR mags, that is sweet.

I have a Nornico 84S-1 converted to an NHM-90 for import back in the day.  It HATES wolf, but any brass cased stuff runs great.  The hardest thing about this rifle is finding mags since they are slightly different.  I have four 30 rounders and a 5 rounder but when you do run across mags for it they are $$$  Some day i will figure out if I can modify other 556 mags to work.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I love that yours takes AR mags, that is sweet.

I have a Nornico 84S-1 converted to an NHM-90 for import back in the day.  It HATES wolf, but any brass cased stuff runs great.  The hardest thing about this rifle is finding mags since they are slightly different.  I have four 30 rounders and a 5 rounder but when you do run across mags for it they are $$  Some day i will figure out if I can modify other 556 mags to work.
View Quote
I've heard that the Bulgarian 5.56 mags can be a good substitute, and that the ratio of mags working vs not working is much better than modified mags.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Are the magwells made of plastic on those?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The only thing that stops me from ever buying a trashcan gun is the stories I've read about Project Eldest Son in Vietnam:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Captured ammunition was partially disassembled and reassembled with substituted components. Rifle and machine gun cartridges had the smokeless powder replaced with a high explosive of similar appearance which would generate approximately five times the design pressure of firearms. The bolt and pieces of an exploding AK-47 receiver would typically be projected backward into the head of the individual firing the rifle.
What does that have to do with a 556 AK?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice, I have a Yugo M95 underfolder I built back a few years ago and love it.

Only thing I never liked was the expensive mags, thought about doing the mag mod but just can't bring myself to do it.

Poor thing came in the US cut in half with the paper straw in the barrel and the warranty card still wrapped around it.

I built it on a NoDak spud receiver, left it blued, need the cerokote it one day.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've heard that the Bulgarian 5.56 mags can be a good substitute, and that the ratio of mags working vs not working is much better than modified mags.
View Quote
@green2blue30   Awesome!  Thanks for that info.  About every 4-5 years I look for factory mags but just not many out there.  I know of using 5.45x39 mags and swapping followers and then modding mags, but just not a lot of info on this issue out there since not many rifles are around.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What does that have to do with a 556 AK?
View Quote
The AK in general. The bolt in a 556 AK is in the same spot right?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Push button mag release and AR mag compatibility makes it less trash can.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The AK in general. The bolt in a 556 AK is in the same spot right?
View Quote
So an AR would not grenade in your face with a doctored round but an AK will?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sweet reading comprehension and sarcasm detector bro .

Obviously any gun can grenade in your face. When firing an AK, your head is right behind where the bolt is moving back and forth. The rifles fired with ammunition sabotaged in Project Eldest Son would send the bolt into the rifleman's head.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Push button mag release and AR mag compatibility makes it less trash can.
View Quote
Transformed from a galvanized sheet metal garbage pail to a deluxe wheeled Herby Curby.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's why I want a Galil Ace in 5.56.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't care for AKs but I like that for some reason...
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thats the opposite of how you do it.

This is the correct way:

http://i.imgur.com/C4xrXtB.jpg
View Quote
5.45x39mm

Don't have a single gun in that caliber.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#28]
My Arsenal SLR-106 FR will run with your AR all day long, and keep going long after your AR chokes on its own shit.  This trash can shit is stupid.

A friend has a Robinson VEPR II in .223, it's one of the best black rifles I know of, period.  A guy ran one at Camp Perry, IIRC, some years ago, the only fault he could find with the rifle was the coarseness of sight adjustments.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup.... tough as shit. Remember the SCAR has a plastic magwell too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Obviously any gun can grenade in your face. When firing an AK, your head is right behind where the bolt is moving back and forth. The rifles fired with ammunition sabotaged in Project Eldest Son would send the bolt into the rifleman's head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You cannot be serious?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
@green2blue30   Awesome!  Thanks for that info.  About every 4-5 years I look for factory mags but just not many out there.  I know of using 5.45x39 mags and swapping followers and then modding mags, but just not a lot of info on this issue out there since not many rifles are around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@freeride21a From what I've gathered, Jim Fuller at Rifle Dynamics does some milling to the front trunnion to get Bulgy Circle 10's to run just fine. I'm not sure how much milling is involved, but it shouldn't be too bad.

A buddy of mine had the same issue as you a few years ago - Norinco 84 and a lack of mags. He ended up sending his off to Rifle Dynamics, because he wasn't to sure of doing the work himself.

Before he sent it, black Bulgy mags were about 65-75% successful. Clear and smoke were about 50-50.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Nice, I have a Yugo M95 underfolder I built back a few years ago and love it.

Only thing I never liked was the expensive mags, thought about doing the mag mod but just can't bring myself to do it.

Poor thing came in the US cut in half with the paper straw in the barrel and the warranty card still wrapped around it.

I built it on a NoDak spud receiver, left it blued, need the cerokote it one day.
View Quote
I had a Yugo Underfolder like that. I built it on a Nodak receiver too. Hated the damn thing. Mags were a bitch. Sold it for $700 and invested that in my PS90 back in 2007.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You cannot be serious?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You cannot be serious?
I'm not.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Kiss - Greatest Hits (32 Songs)
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Holy fucking shit. That pic took forever to load on gigabit internet. That is all.
View Quote
Phew. Wasn't just me, then.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Never shot a 223 caliber AK

If I had the money I would be all over one of the 6.5 Grendel ones.
View Quote
Well, I can tell you:

- they throw brass into the next county!

- they eat everything, especially steel.  They are made for it.

- if you use match-quality ammo, they are surprisingly accurate!

I have 2:  an Arsenal SA-M5 milled rec. gun and an old SAR-3 made in Romania.

The stamped gun is surprisingly light.  

One thing about AKs though, the open sights are pretty bad.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My Arsenal SLR-106 FR will run with your AR all day long, and keep going long after your AR chokes on its own shit.  This trash can shit is stupid.

A friend has a Robinson VEPR II in .223, it's one of the best black rifles I know of, period.  A guy ran one at Camp Perry, IIRC, some years ago, the only fault he could find with the rifle was the coarseness of sight adjustments.
View Quote
I have an SLR 106. I can tell you it's less reliable than my ARs and the mags are $$$$$ for it. I've buried AKs and ARs and the AKs choke every time when dirt gets into the receiver. The AR design has a lot of self cleaning features when there is debris in the upper receiver.

I like AKs but the AR "choking on its own shit" is ignorant and false.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:58:21 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You cannot be serious?
I'm not.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/012/132/thatsthejoke.jpg
Goddamint Im dumb.

Well played, Sir.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Does it have the world famous AM trigger slap?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You cannot be serious?
View Quote
Well maybe I need to get my detector recalibrated.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Come on IWI, give us that 5.56 Galil ACE that uses STANAG mags, nobody really gives a flying fuck about the 7.62x39 version.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He was serious- then got called on his BS, now won't own it basically.  
View Quote
Shit, you got me. Do I need to ditch the AK in my safe or do you not know about it yet?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn it! I almost bought one, but went with the Draco in x39 because I was concerned about the polymer mag well. Yours looks awesome. Now I'm going to have to save up for one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Shit, you got me. Do I need to ditch the AK in my safe or do you not know about it yet?
View Quote
See the edit.  I did not realize you were making a joke.  My GD sarcasm vs. stupidity calibration was off
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh, we got a live one here!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Come on IWI, give us that 5.56 Galil ACE that uses STANAG mags, nobody really gives a flying fuck about the 7.62x39 version.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They already did.... they're releasing the 5.56 Ace this year. It is the STANAG Model. I already posted pics of it. At Shot Show Media Day everyone played with one on display and shot it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I will add: magazines cost more.

The Arsenal SA-M5 uses polymer Bulgarian "Circle 10" mags - they are out there but always more than $20; often 35 or 45 bucks each.

The SAR uses steel "Wigger"'mags made in E.Germany and they are simply not available.  I have 6 of them; would like to pick up a few more someday.

Worse still: I'm having a Yugo M-95 under folder built and it takes completely different 556 magazines!

With original stock magazines, my guns have proven very reliable.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Local funshop has one...........might stop by and look at it.....
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Davis tactical solutions sells a top cover like this. I asked if a L1A1 charging handle could be used on the top cover and was told yes. A full sized charging handle would cover the gap in the top cover.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top